AT&T Training Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (651 to 700 of 1023)
Page:  « First « Previous   11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next »   Last »

Clear in Louisville, Kentucky

13 months ago

Hey guys I start my orientation this coming Friday the 16th, and I should leave for my training that Monday. I've heard the training will be 9 weeks, I've also heard it will be 6 weeks. I'll be a wire tech once I complete my training. I was looking for some info on the training.

Where will I be staying ?
How do they repay you for everything they say they will ?
What is the training like ?
Any suggestions For the hole process ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DG in Washington, Michigan

13 months ago

Anyone going to Indianapolis August 19th for training?

LD

13 months ago

I start as a RSC on the 19th! My training is in Scott Depot, WV! I'm so excited to start this new career!!!!

TimAlabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

13 months ago

As I've mentioned before, I'm a current ATT employee so I've been thru training. But, now I'm going back to training for a new positon. Training starts on Monday.

the last time, the location was 3 hours away, so of course I stayed in a hotel. this time, the location is 57 minutes away. I sure hope that ATT doesn't think I should have to drive back and forth every day.

Anyone have an experience with "almost being one hour away".???

LD

13 months ago

TimAlabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: As I've mentioned before, I'm a current ATT employee so I've been thru training. But, now I'm going back to training for a new positon. Training starts on Monday.

the last time, the location was 3 hours away, so of course I stayed in a hotel. this time, the location is 57 minutes away. I sure hope that ATT doesn't think I should have to drive back and forth every day.

I was told if it is more than 50 miles away you will qualify for a hotel. If not you will have to drive and claim mileage

Sb23 in Brooklyn, New York

13 months ago

When I was in training, I was about 7 hours from home. But both our trainer and two other reps were an hour away, and they all stayed in hotels. But if you don't have your reservations yet, I would call someone!

TimAlabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

13 months ago

LD said: I was told if it is more than 50 miles away you will qualify for a hotel. If not you will have to drive and claim mileage

it's 57 miles away.

Last time, I got my hotel info about 2 days before!

LD

13 months ago

TimAlabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: it's 57 miles away.

Last time, I got my hotel info about 2 days before!

They called me about training already but I have not receied hotel info yet. Ad my training starts Monday. I should have it by end of week, so maybe u will too! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Curious

13 months ago

I'm in my second week of training right now! Just a couple of things I can think of:

-We're stilling waiting on our COUs to come (hurrrry!!!!). We're all getting Blackberries.

-We have a class of 10 people.

-$42/day can be used at the grocery store for only groceries. Cannot be used at a gas station store. They reallllly stressed that we absolutely cannot go over that amount. The $42 includes the tip - you can tip at maximum 20%. You cannot use it to buy alcohol so if you plan on having a drink with dinner ask for 2 separate checks.

-The training facility is really cold. Not sure if they're all like this but I'm cold even wearing a long sleeve button up. So definitely take layers with you (especially if youre a cold person).

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them!

SimplyCurious87 in Minnetonka, Minnesota

13 months ago

Im about to start my training for the RSC position in Milwaukee WI, come September 9th. Does anyone know what the dress code is during training, and do we get a company phone when we start?

attguy123 in NJ, New Jersey

13 months ago

SimplyCurious87 in Minnetonka, Minnesota said: Im about to start my training for the RSC position in Milwaukee WI, come September 9th. Does anyone know what the dress code is during training, and do we get a company phone when we start?

Let me give something back to this forum after helping me out through the process. I just finished training a couple weeks ago they give you your cou the second week usually tuesday-thursday. Dress code is business casual no polos no sneakers. For girls its blouses, dress pants, skirts down to knees as others have said its alot of fun and you meet alot of people and its what you make of it like anything in life. However i encourage you to take advantage of this time and learn and get familiar with the hundreds of policies you will be learning about. Enjoy and have fun

SimplyCurious87 in Minnetonka, Minnesota

13 months ago

Thanks attguy123, where can i get a list of them for review?

TY504 in chestertown, Maryland

12 months ago

Hi, i randomly started looking for job and came accross a RSC position at ATT, i was wondering what the application is like, will i have to do a cover letter, and things like that. how soon after you apply, if accepted, will training start? thanks!

anmurphy37 in Macclesfield, North Carolina

12 months ago

I'm supposed to begin my training in Raleigh NC on September 16. When will I find out details about where I will be staying and about the dress code? Also will I be paid back for mileage? My training is 8:30-5:30 M-F is anyone else going to the Raleigh training?

anmurphy37 in Macclesfield, North Carolina

12 months ago

Curious said: I'm in my second week of training right now! Just a couple of things I can think of:

-We're stilling waiting on our COUs to come (hurrrry!!!!). We're all getting Blackberries.

-We have a class of 10 people.

-$42/day can be used at the grocery store for only groceries. Cannot be used at a gas station store. They reallllly stressed that we absolutely cannot go over that amount. The $42 includes the tip - you can tip at maximum 20%. You cannot use it to buy alcohol so if you plan on having a drink with dinner ask for 2 separate checks.

-The training facility is really cold. Not sure if they're all like this but I'm cold even wearing a long sleeve button up. So definitely take layers with you (especially if youre a cold person).

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them!

What is the dress code for training?

KatieZane in Greensboro, North Carolina

12 months ago

TimAlabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: As I've mentioned before, I'm a current ATT employee so I've been thru training. But, now I'm going back to training for a new positon. Training starts on Monday.

the last time, the location was 3 hours away, so of course I stayed in a hotel . this time, the location is 57 minutes away. I sure hope that ATT doesn't think I should have to drive back and forth every day.

At 3 hours away did they fly you in or drive? I'm starting rsc training Sep 30 in Louisville which is 214 miles from me here in Christiana, TN

Plazmic in Huntsville, Alabama

12 months ago

anmurphy37 in Macclesfield, North Carolina said: What is the dress code for training?

Business casual. Long sleeve shirts with slacks was appropriate. Even short sleeve button down shirts were ok to my trainer

KatieZane

12 months ago

Sw123 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: They will pay for your flight you won't have to pay out of pocket. I didn't get any of my travel plans until the day before I left. They provide transportation for your hotel to training, for us they even provided transportation to and from the airport . The majority of the logistics are taken care of for you and you have to pay almost nothing out of pocket to get reimbursed

Hi I begin my RSC training in Louisville on Sep 30. I live here in Murfreesboro, TN which is about 220 miles away and takes over 3 hours by car (excluding traffic). Do you know if that would qualify to be flown in? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

hammfam in Scottsdale, Arizona

12 months ago

Anyone going to Phoenix on the 16th?

Agarcia2288 in Victoria, Texas

12 months ago

I just applied last week. I had my first in store interview today and have another scheduled for Monday. Any idea when they will offer the position?

hammfam in Phoenix, Arizona

12 months ago

Agarcia2288 in Victoria, Texas said: I just applied last week. I had my first in store interview today and have another scheduled for Monday. Any idea when they will offer the position?

If there is one thing that I've learned in this entire process it is patience. For me after my first interview, it was about a week before my second interview, and then it was about another week and a half before my third and final interview. Interviews are based off of the managers of availability. and shouldn't you be offered the job there is a process for the background check and drug screening that is not for the weary or faint of heart. My background check took a little over 3 weeks. all I can tell you is that you were in the beginning of a very long process. If the manager says he will follow up with you he will. Otherwise wait for a little while and then contact the manager to see if your still a candidate. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, but don't get weary in this process it is a very long one that there's no way to prepare you for. Hope this helps!

KatieZane

12 months ago

Very well said^. I first applied online for full time rsc position through att.taleo on July 23. Then a few days later a recruiter called me for a short interview where he verified my qualifications and experience. He also described the position. At the end of the call he scheduled me for an interview with the hiring manager for my market. That interview (8/9) went well and she scheduled an interview with my store manager. That interview was on 8/22. A week later I checked my status online and it said not selected (please note they were hiring 4 people for this store but there was only one req number/job posting). However, that following Monday I received a call from my recruiter with a contingent offer. I had to fill out all the pre-on boarding info as well as the hireright info. The next week on Thursday is when she contacted me to inform me my bg check cleared and that I'd begin training on Sep 30. So all in all from the time of application to start date it will be 2 months. Remain patient and don't lose hope. Good luck

Shelly in Jax in Jacksonville, Florida

12 months ago

Ok so I just completed Training in Irving TX and I have a few tips for those of you who are traveling.

- Bring CASH because your going to go crazy and want to get out
- Bring a laptop or something to entertain you self
- Bring regular clothing as well because like I said, your going to want to get out.
- If your training in TEXAS be on your A+ game because that's the corp headquarters

Ok some FAQ's:

Lesson one: AT&T DOESN'T PLAY you are given a hard does of reality when you get there. They will tell you that if you don't pass the training coarse that your offer of employment will be revoked. Your expected to use iPad's for EVRYTHING which is what you'll be using in the store and PLEASE USE THEM.

Lesson two: don't be late, they will term you in a heart beat, 8:30 a.m mean's 8:25 a.m

Lesson three: Pay attention and NOTES< NOTES< NOTES!!! They go back and read them and if your not taking notes then...well just take notes

Lesson four: Week three when your taken back to your home store (yes you'll be flying back and forth) You will be given a work book and for the love of God FILL EVERYTHING OUT!! 2 people from another class were terminated because they didn't do there work book. The observation forms in the back must be completely filled out!!!

Lesson five: Participate in class and when your role playing take it seriously as that's what your graded on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shelly in Jax in Jacksonville, Florida

12 months ago

Meal card: 42.00 a day, 25.00 at the most, if you don't have a rental card you can grab a cab but keep it under 20.00. Get with your on boarding person.

COU's: Your getting a blackberry but your manager will swap you out ASAP because they want you to sell the phone you have (Ex: I have the moto X) Keep everything rated G on there as well because they can ask for it at anytime.

Uniform: Put in your order ASAP because they take FOREVER to get here. Ladies: They run a little small and get the easy care ones and the tall sizes because the oxford shirts are not figure flattering.

Your trainers are strict but they want you to succeed

As far as knowing if you got the job, 90 days after your first day of training. until then this is a test run. This is a amazing company too work for and RSC is a hard but rewarding position so they only want the best. Keep a positive attitude and you'll do fine. Just keep your nose clean and LEARN LEARN LEARN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

PDW

12 months ago

Shelly in Jax in Jacksonville, Florida said: Meal card: 42.00 a day, 25.00 at the most, if you don't have a rental card you can grab a cab but keep it under 20.00. Get with your on boarding person.

COU's: Your getting a blackberry but your manager will swap you out ASAP because they want you to sell the phone you have (Ex: I have the moto X) Keep everything rated G on there as well because they can ask for it at anytime.

Uniform: Put in your order ASAP because they take FOREVER to get here. Ladies: They run a little small and get the easy care ones and the tall sizes because the oxford shirts are not figure flattering.

As far as knowing if you got the job, 90 days after your first day of training. until then this is a test run. This is a amazing company too work for and RSC is a hard but rewarding position so they only want the best. Keep a positive attitude and you'll do fine. Just keep your nose clean and LEARN LEARN LEARN!

Great advice!! Thanx!!

Agarcia2288 in Victoria, Texas

12 months ago

hammfam in Phoenix, Arizona said: If there is one thing that I've learned in this entire process it is patience. For me after my first interview, it was about a week before my second interview, and then it was about another week and a half before my third and final interview. Interviews are based off of the managers of availability. and shouldn't you be offered the job there is a process for the background check and drug screening that is not for the weary or faint of heart. My background check took a little over 3 weeks. all I can tell you is that you were in the beginning of a very long process. If the manager says he will follow up with you he will. Otherwise wait for a little while and then contact the manager to see if your still a candidate. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, but don't get weary in this process it is a very long one that there's no way to prepare you for. Hope this helps!

Well I finally received my contingent offer today! Can't wait to start training

newatatt in Orange Park, Florida

12 months ago

Shelly in Jax in Jacksonville, Florida said: Meal card: 42.00 a day, 25.00 at the most, if you don't have a rental card you can grab a cab but keep it under 20.00. Get with your on boarding person.

When you say $25 at the most are you saying that $25 of the $42 should be spent? Im training in tampa and am also from jacksonville so help would be appreciated =D

Rusty_Shackleford in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

Is anyone else attending the Oct. 14 training in King of Prussia?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bdubs

12 months ago

When do you get to start using your discount for accessories? I technically got hired on but they are still doing the background check process and I need a new phone case! I'm guessing it's as soon as I get an ID number right? When I go online it asks for an ID number referral and I'm guessing that's for employee discount?

bdubs

12 months ago

and when I say go online, I mean when I go to at&t.com and click on the shop button.

dougdkn in Jacksonville, Arkansas

11 months ago

Cant get into the G.A.T.E login how do you get an id and password

11 months ago

im scheduled to start training oct 21 in Hanover, md. i live 67 miles away from training but the mall im working at is only about 20 minutes away from the training location. does anyone know if they will give me a hotel accommodation? do they determine that based on your home distance or the actual work site? the mall ill be working at is actually a hour from me, but i will be relocating closer within the first 2 weeks of actually starting the job...i wanted to have a job in place before i relocated for sure.

thank in advance!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TimAlabama in Berry, Alabama

11 months ago

From what I understand, it's based on where you live. That makes sense since you'd be coming from HOME, not your workplace.

Congrats.

I've been back from training for a few weeks now. Love it.

11 months ago

TimAlabama in Berry, Alabama said: From what I understand, it's based on where you live. That makes sense since you'd be coming from HOME, not your workplace.

Congrats.

I've been back from training for a few weeks now. Love it.

Thats true! so how did you like training? How many people were in your class?! i was told that you get your ramp up pay even when training, is that true?

11 months ago

Newemployee in Erlanger, Kentucky said: I start training on July 8 and was told I will be going to Irving, TX...any one else going for RSC training at that time? Does anyone know where the trainees stay?

what hotel did you stay at?

cam1

11 months ago

Im training in Southfield, MI starting the 7th... Do we start getting paid commission during the training month??

11 months ago

cam1 said: Im training in Southfield, MI starting the 7th... Do we start getting paid commission during the training month??

As far as I know yes!!

LLL1424 in Gaithersburg, Maryland

11 months ago

cam1 said: Im training in Southfield, MI starting the 7th... Do we start getting paid commission during the training month??

From what i heard yes....

TY504 in Maryland

11 months ago

Shelly in Jax in Jacksonville, Florida said: Ok so I just completed Training in Irving TX and I have a few tips for those of you who are traveling.

- Bring CASH because your going to go crazy and want to get out
- Bring a laptop or something to entertain you self
- Bring regular clothing as well because like I said, your going to want to get out.
- If your training in TEXAS be on your A+ game because that's the corp headquarters

Ok some FAQ's:

Lesson one: AT&T DOESN'T PLAY you are given a hard does of reality when you get there. They will tell you that if you don't pass the training coarse that your offer of employment will be revoked. Your expected to use iPad's for EVRYTHING which is what you'll be using in the store and PLEASE USE THEM.

Lesson two: don't be late, they will term you in a heart beat, 8:30 a.m mean's 8:25 a.m

Lesson three: Pay attention and NOTES< NOTES< NOTES!!! They go back and read them and if your not taking notes then...well just take notes

Lesson four: Week three when your taken back to your home store (yes you'll be flying back and forth) You will be given a work book and for the love of God FILL EVERYTHING OUT!! 2 people from another class were terminated because they didn't do there work book. The observation forms in the back must be completely filled out!!!

Lesson five: Participate in class and when your role playing take it seriously as that's what your graded on.

How are the apartments? i know its not a hotel but what i need to bring, as far as toiletries? is there a walmart or target near by?

Peter Capaldi in Wichita, Kansas

11 months ago

So I was just hired and was told that I'm going to training in Little Rock,AK. I've been through this before with Verizon but my training starts on a Wednesday. To be more specific November 6th. Is that normal? Have they implemented a new training process? if so, what does the schedule look like?

jcharlton in Ocoee, Florida

10 months ago

good afternoon I was wondering has anyone from the Orlando Fl area Been hired recently if so how was the interview and hiring process and also where did you go for training....???

jcharlton in Orlando, Florida

10 months ago

I was wondering has anyone from the Orlando Fl area Been hired recently if so how was the interview and hiring process and also where did you go for training....???

cody_kins in Clermont, Florida

10 months ago

jcharlton in Orlando, Florida said: I was wondering has anyone from the Orlando Fl area Been hired recently if so how was the interview and hiring process and also where did you go for training....???

I was just hired so Im wondering the same thing. My start date for training is December 8.

aross7 in Sacramento, California

10 months ago

hey, does anyone know if we get paid during training or afterwards? it says when i arrive we will set up direct deposit, so, after 2 weeks, will the money be deposited to me or will i have to wait until i complete training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Virgie, Kentucky

10 months ago

^ What says? Did you get your travel arrangements and detailed info on training?

aross7 in Sacramento, California

10 months ago

Curious in Virgie, Kentucky said: ^ What says? Did you get your travel arrangements and detailed info on training?

i received an email with all of my training info, location, dress code, etc. I am commuting to training. Just curious if we will be receiving pay during training is all.

Curious in Virgie, Kentucky

10 months ago

I would assume but I'm not sure.

Young Forever

10 months ago

I recently got hired as a sales consultant for at&t. I am wondering if there are many 18 yr olds that get hired or will i be most likely be the only one? And is anyone else due for trainig in irving texas November 11?

rackham12 in Central, Minnesota

10 months ago

Hey I was hired at 18 as well and most likely there will be 2 about your age group mostly college grads and tenured retail sales people there or people in mid career making a career change average age would be about 26 in my experience.

S2KiLLA in Hotlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

Young Forever said: I recently got hired as a sales consultant for at&t. I am wondering if there are many 18 yr olds that get hired or will i be most likely be the only one? And is anyone else due for trainig in irving texas November 11?

I am, but I'm 26..

Page:  « First « Previous   11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.