AT&T Training Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1022)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

NewHire in Lexington, Kentucky

29 months ago

Hey you all! I start training June 18th in Lexington, KY as a RSC & I had a few questions. My store is located in Winchester, KY which is only about a 20 minute drive from Lexington. I know I will not be placed in a hotel, obviously since I live in Lexington, but I'm wondering if I will still get the spending card for meals? Also, what am I expected to wear to the training? And when will I receive my two shirts, as well as my company phone? One more thing.. I already have a personal line thru AT&T but I will probably cancel that line. Is there any way around the early termination fee since I'm an AT&T employee? Thanks so much!! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rwatson0408 in Hialeah, Florida

28 months ago

NewHire in Lexington, Kentucky said: Hey you all! I start training June 18th in Lexington, KY as a RSC & I had a few questions. My store is located in Winchester, KY which is only about a 20 minute drive from Lexington. I know I will not be placed in a hotel, obviously since I live in Lexington, but I'm wondering if I will still get the spending card for meals? Also, what am I expected to wear to the training? And when will I receive my two shirts, as well as my company phone? One more thing.. I already have a personal line thru AT&T but I will probably cancel that line. Is there any way around the early termination fee since I'm an AT&T employee? Thanks so much!! :)

Hello and welcome to the team! No, you will not get anything for meals since you are so close to the training facility. You should receive a call from headquarters regarding dress code. But it's business casual. You will get your shirts and device most times within the 2nd to 3rd week depending on the trainer. As far as canceling the line, it doesn't matter if your an employee or not, there is no way to get around the early termination fee. You can get a discount put onto the account if it's in your name. But if you have an early termination fee, it would have to be paid. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

NewHire in Lexington, Kentucky

28 months ago

That definitely helped! Thanks so much! What is the employee discount? And I also have seen in some other forums where employees receive two additional lines? What exactly is that?

marcmoral16 in New York, New York

28 months ago

NewHire in Lexington, Kentucky said: That definitely helped! Thanks so much! What is the employee discount? And I also have seen in some other forums where employees receive two additional lines? What exactly is that?

Employee discount on wireless is something you wont find and many people wont answer because its against policy.

You get two lines after 6 months that are cheap that dont require a credit check. These two are your personal lines for you to do as you want. You get a company phone that is used for business purposes also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adam

27 months ago

Anyone know AT&T's policy on men wearing earrings? Or more specifically, men having guaged ears? Just got an interview as a sales rep. Was things to take them out for the interview but was curious what would happen after. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ZachC in Rocky Hill, Connecticut

27 months ago

Anything other than studs are frowned upon. Ie: gauges. I wear diamond studs in my store and its fine, but if you ever attend award ceremonies (VPGM's) or anything where youre meeting with an ARSM, DOS, or VP of Sales take them out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mdd in Denham Springs, Louisiana

27 months ago

How long does it take for someone to call you with travel plans? I fly out in a week to Raleigh, NC and haven't heard anything from anyone yet! And does anyone know since I am starting on the 19th would I still get my new hire relief payment or whatever paid to me on the 21st?

Vic23 in Miami, Florida

26 months ago

I just finished the whole process for AT&T start Training Sept.4th, Really existed hope i can learn everything really well and be one of the best sales person there. It was a really LOOONNGG process, firts the phone interview.... then 2 weeks after the interview with the HR manager and on the same date i went to the store, to interview with the store manager. that same day i received a message that i was selected for the position, and then the whole process started, it lasted 3 weeks for Hireright to do background check, Drug test and SSN check... Since i dont have any credit they could not check my SSN that way, so i had to fill out a letter so they could check my SS with the SS office... and TODAY i received the best call i've received in a while.... I am all set to go, and at least a week before training they will contact me to give me training details, dress code and other information.... Really Happy and looking foward to work with this wonderful company

rami918 in Stillwater, Oklahoma

26 months ago

I was just informed that i received a full time position as a Retail Sales Consultant in a corporate store. I am so excited. My hiring manager told me i will be attending training in Little Rock, AR on Sept. 10. That's about 6 hours away from me. Anyone know how AT&T usually accommodates travel over that distance? Also, is there anyone else who will be attending that training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gotthejob;) in Albuquerque, New Mexico

26 months ago

rami918 in Stillwater, Oklahoma said: I was just informed that i received a full time position as a Retail Sales Consultant in a corporate store. I am so excited. My hiring manager told me i will be attending training in Little Rock, AR on Sept. 10. That's about 6 hours away from me. Anyone know how AT&T usually accommodates travel over that distance? Also, is there anyone else who will be attending that training?

they will fly you out that far.

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

26 months ago

do you have to train out of state because i have a second job and a fiance at home.....i can't just up and leave the state

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

26 months ago

Christopher DeOliveira in Fresno, California said: Congratulations on being offered the position at ATT. I have just applied for the position as Retail Sales Consultant myself and went through the assesment test which tested my personality and then i completed a 15 minute survey about stealing. My question is do you have any clue what the next step is? My status has changed to Testing status complete but i am kind of worried because the job is inactive now and it says "no longer accepting job submissions." Thanks for your help.

so what ever happened? did you get the job?

ZachC in Bangor, Maine

26 months ago

@Neftali Palma - Your travel is completely up to you. If it's only 180 miles away, they will give you the option to drive or fly. If you decide to fly, all airfare is paid for by AT&T. If you decide to drive, AT&T will reimburse you for every mile at .55.5 cents a mile once you complete your training. Hope this helps. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rami918 in Stillwater, Oklahoma

26 months ago

ZachC in Bangor, Maine said: @Neftali Palma - Your travel is completely up to you. If it's only 180 miles away, they will give you the option to drive or fly. If you decide to fly, all airfare is paid for by AT&T. If you decide to drive, AT&T will reimburse you for every mile at .55.5 cents a mile once you complete your training. Hope this helps. Good luck!

If you decide to drive, do they reimburse you for mileage only after the training is over? After all four weeks? Also, if you drive, are you expected to stay over the weekend between week 1 and 2, or are you expected to return home for the weekend?

ZachC in Bangor, Maine

26 months ago

@Neftali - Not all RSC's are on the same payroll schedule. AT&T has the United States separated into different regions for payroll. i.e., Midwest, Southwest, Central, Northeast, etc.

ZachC in Bangor, Maine

26 months ago

I'm not at work today...what's your ATTUID?

26 months ago

Neftali Palma in SLK, Utah said: That is what I meant I haven't got my ATTID just message me through email. at yellowracer69@gmail.com

Hey im curious about the payroll calender as well. do you think you could pass along what info you find to me at dueller918@yahoo.com? Thanks in advance.

ZachC

26 months ago

To all inquiring about payroll calenders, I will need your ATTUID to send you the calender. Its a proprietary document that cant be sent to non-employees.

26 months ago

ZachC said: To all inquiring about payroll calenders, I will need your ATTUID to send you the calender. Its a proprietary document that cant be sent to non-employees.

when do you get your ATTUID? Is it something i can look up myself? I havent been to training yet, I leave next week.

ZachC

26 months ago

You wont get it until your first day of training. Whats your full name?

26 months ago

ZachC said: You wont get it until your first day of training. Whats your full name?

My name is Rami Mahdawi. I will be working in the Stillwater, Ok corporate store.

ZachC

26 months ago

I found you in the global system. You'll get your ATTUID on day one of training

26 months ago

Kool. Thanks.

KingKong in Farmington, New Mexico

25 months ago

I just got my training dates! I leave October 14th to Phoenix does anyone else??

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

25 months ago

if you went to court but the case was dismissed against you does that still count in the background check?

Tia in Naples, Florida

25 months ago

I had my 2nd interview with the store manager yesterday. We hit it off great however i was being interviewed for a different store than the one i initially had applied for. Therfore the status on my app says nit considered for this position since monday. How can i keep track now? Also i was wondering when is the next training scheduled for in fl? Maybe that could give me a little time frame as far as whats the latest i could hear back fro hr. btw im extremley excited and really looking forward to working with att. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel

25 months ago

I had a phone interview this past Thursday. I am already a call center employee for AT&T. My family and I moved to Florida but I had to stay back in Indiana until I could find a position to transfer to. They asked me to travel to the store for my second interview at my own expense, so I hope that it is a good sign! There are three others who have already been interviewed for the position. I am the last one due to the fact I had to wait until my day off to travel in. My family is so excited since I have been gone from them for 4 months. ZachC, will you send me the payroll calendar? My ATTUID is RF716H. Thank you!!!

Justin JP

25 months ago

Is anyone going to be training in Raliegh, NC October 15, 2012? I'll be there... Excited to meet new team mates!

MissChristian in Visalia, California

25 months ago

ZachC in Bangor, Maine said: @Neftali Palma - Your travel is completely up to you. If it's only 180 miles away, they will give you the option to drive or fly. If you decide to fly, all airfare is paid for by AT&T. If you decide to drive, AT&T will reimburse you for every mile at .55.5 cents a mile once you complete your training. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Sorry if I'm just repeating what you said but I want to make sure I understand. So if I live 180 miles or more away from the training facility, I will be given the option to fly? I live about 200 miles away and was considering taking an Amtrak or something. But if flying is an option, then I am in luck.

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

25 months ago

200 miles might be able to drive. It just depends how your region is about on boarding. it is different everywhere but I ended up training at a facility 600 miles away.

Naples in Naples, Florida

25 months ago

I just got offered te position and I'm in the process of my background check. How long does background usually take?

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

25 months ago

Naples in Naples, Florida said: I just got offered te position and I'm in the process of my background check. How long does background usually take?

it depends on how hard it is to verify your previous work history. mine took less than a week.

Justin JP

25 months ago

Naples in Naples, Florida said: I just got offered te position and I'm in the process of my background check. How long does background usually take?

My background check too right at about 5 days. So about 1 week. If you've lived in one place your entire life and haven't moved often and you have supplied them with all the information they need to verify your employment without them having to get documents from you, then less than 3 days. Just make sure that if you have to supply them with documentation, get it done IMMEDIATELY! Within the hour if they request it would be preferable.

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

25 months ago

Exactly, I knew a few of my jobs would be hard for them to verify so I was proactive and got my W2 transcripts before this whole process. Don't worry if you don't have them because you do get 48 hours to do so, but also be aware it could take awhile for your local IRS office to obtain them. Mine has a 2 day process, but I know others just print them out. The biggest thing is to not stress out about it and when it says complete on the HireRight site contact your recruiter. HireRight STILL has yet to tell me I passed but I received the official offer a week ago.

Michelle C in Clarksville, Tennessee

25 months ago

Hello everyone, I finally received my official offer for a Retail Sales position in Clarksville, Tn and I'm extremely excited. I will be submitting my background check tomorrow after I confirm some dates but my question is there anyone else that will be attending the training class in Brentwood, TN starting on Nov 4th. Good luck to everyone waiting on that official offer and let God work it our for you. God Bless :)))

Rachel

25 months ago

Received my offer for a retail store in Largo, Florida today! I'm so excited to get back to my family. My training starts Oct. 22nd, location TBA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MNHFOSS in Broomfield, Colorado

25 months ago

KingKong in Farmington, New Mexico said: I just got my training dates! I leave October 14th to Phoenix does anyone else??

I am from Colorado and I will be going to the training in Phoenix! I am waiting to hear about my travel and such. Do we have to rent a car while we are there to get back and forth to the training venue? Plus what are the payday's in the southwest region?

king Kong in Farmington, New Mexico

25 months ago

king Kongo="MNHFOSS in Broomfield, Colorado"]I am from Colorado and I will be going to the training in Phoenix! I am waiting to hear about my travel and such. Do we have to rent a car while we are there to get back and forth to the training venue? Plus what are the payday's in the southwest region?

Hey, I don't know if we get a car to rent or not. I hope so because I don't want to be stuck at the hotel the entire time after our training. I assumed that they will have some sort of shuttle that will take us from and too training. I have not got my official travel information yet but they told me it would be in phoenix and I leave October 14th. I am not sure about the paydays but I would like to know as well if anyone else knows.

Brent Price in San Antonio, Texas

25 months ago

king Kong in Farmington, New Mexico said: king Kongo="MNHFOSS in Broomfield, Colorado"]I am from Colorado and I will be going to the training in Phoenix! I am waiting to hear about my travel and such. Do we have to rent a car while we are there to get back and forth to the training venue? Plus what are the payday's in the southwest region?

Hey, I don't know if we get a car to rent or not. I hope so because I don't want to be stuck at the hotel the entire time after our training. I assumed that they will have some sort of shuttle that will take us from and too training. I have not got my official travel information yet but they told me it would be in phoenix and I leave October 14th. I am not sure about the paydays but I would like to know as well if anyone else knows.

I am from Texas and have am training a week from today in St. Louis. I was also curious about traveling arrangements. DO we get a rental car while we're in training? And when can we expect a phone call giving us our flight details, for I am nervous because I haven't heard anything yet. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

25 months ago

For those of you wondering about arrangements: boarding details will be given 1-2 days before your start date or training date depending on your Operations Analyst. You will be given shuttle schedule for arrangements to and from training facility and any resturants or shopping places. Any other questions feel free to contact me at np3429@att.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

LeTigre in Birmingham, Alabama

24 months ago

alex in Tyler, Texas

24 months ago

Brent Price in San Antonio, Texas said: I am from Texas and have am training a week from today in St. Louis. I was also curious about traveling arrangements. DO we get a rental car while we're in training? And when can we expect a phone call giving us our flight details, for I am nervous because I haven't heard anything yet. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.

That is awesome congrats! I start training in Austin on the 18th and am super nervous/excited!!!! Can't wait. I have a ton of questions though. How is training going? What phone did you get? Are you FT or PT? How did your on boarding go? If you are part time did they give you the schedule for the whole month? or contact you weekly? Did you get your shirts before training?

girl in Hobbs, New Mexico

24 months ago

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi said: For those of you wondering about arrangements: boarding details will be given 1-2 days before your start date or training date depending on your Operations Analyst . You will be given shuttle schedule for arrangements to and from training facility and any resturants or shopping places. Any other questions feel free to contact me at np3429@att.com

hi i have a question ho[e u can help. I had my 2 interviews already then got a call saying i was selected for the job at at&t and they told me they will contact me so they sent me a email to fill out the credit portion survey and i just did. Do u know whats the next?

Naples

24 months ago

Next ull get a call with the official offer and than u go thru background check

travelgirl in Owensboro, Kentucky

24 months ago

Hey guys, Super excited for a possible offer with AT&T. I have gotten a call for interview on monday. Do the same "pre commission" rules apply for part time sales? Very excited for a new "career" change, but hourly salary is pretty low. Any advice for a possible part time newbie?

Diamond in Whittier, California

24 months ago

I have a few questions. What exactly do you need to provide for the background check. Do they have to be exact days? Or can it be exact month and year?

I also have a iPhone under sprint. Does AT&T help pay that or give a discount ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brose in Pembroke Pines, Florida

22 months ago

When do we get paid for training? When we actually are done with it? Or every two weeks on schedule?

Veet in Troy, Illinois

22 months ago

Does anybody know how easy it is to transfer to another store in another state/city a few months after you get hired in?

MirandaD in Cheyenne, Wyoming

22 months ago

Veet in Troy, Illinois said: Does anybody know how easy it is to transfer to another store in another state/ city a few months after you get hired in?

The hiring manager I spoke to said that you cannot transfer or promote for a year.

Applied for RSC and took assessments: 12/10/12
Email from Regional Hiring Manger: 12/11/12
Interview with RHM: 12/12/12
Realistic Job Preview with Store Manager scheduled for: 12/13/12
Training scheduled to start: 1/7/13 in Salt Lake City, UT

Jen in Hartwell, Georgia

21 months ago

Hey. I just had an interview at ATT and I if I get the job I'll have 4 weeks of training in ATL. I'm wondering if they'll pay for my travel expenses such as hotel, gas, things like that? I ask because I live about 3 hours away from there, and it would be so much more convenient if I could just stay there during my training time

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.