AT&T Training Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 901)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

travelgirl in Owensboro, Kentucky

18 months ago

Hey guys, Super excited for a possible offer with AT&T. I have gotten a call for interview on monday. Do the same "pre commission" rules apply for part time sales? Very excited for a new "career" change, but hourly salary is pretty low. Any advice for a possible part time newbie?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Diamond in Whittier, California

18 months ago

I have a few questions. What exactly do you need to provide for the background check. Do they have to be exact days? Or can it be exact month and year?

I also have a iPhone under sprint. Does AT&T help pay that or give a discount ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brose in Pembroke Pines, Florida

16 months ago

When do we get paid for training? When we actually are done with it? Or every two weeks on schedule?

Veet in Troy, Illinois

16 months ago

Does anybody know how easy it is to transfer to another store in another state/city a few months after you get hired in?

MirandaD in Cheyenne, Wyoming

16 months ago

Veet in Troy, Illinois said: Does anybody know how easy it is to transfer to another store in another state/ city a few months after you get hired in?

The hiring manager I spoke to said that you cannot transfer or promote for a year.

Applied for RSC and took assessments: 12/10/12
Email from Regional Hiring Manger: 12/11/12
Interview with RHM: 12/12/12
Realistic Job Preview with Store Manager scheduled for: 12/13/12
Training scheduled to start: 1/7/13 in Salt Lake City, UT

Jen in Hartwell, Georgia

14 months ago

Hey. I just had an interview at ATT and I if I get the job I'll have 4 weeks of training in ATL. I'm wondering if they'll pay for my travel expenses such as hotel, gas, things like that? I ask because I live about 3 hours away from there, and it would be so much more convenient if I could just stay there during my training time

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

14 months ago

Jen in Hartwell, Georgia said: Hey. I just had an interview at ATT and I if I get the job I'll have 4 weeks of training in ATL. I'm wondering if they'll pay for my travel expenses such as hotel, gas, things like that? I ask because I live about 3 hours away from there, and it would be so much more convenient if I could just stay there during my training time

Jen, shouldn't you be worried about actually getting the job first? Is this for an RSC position or call center?

14 months ago

Diamond in Whittier, California said: I have a few questions. What exactly do you need to provide for the background check. Do they have to be exact days? Or can it be exact month and year?

I also have a iPhone under sprint. Does AT&T help pay that or give a discount ?

Why should AT&T pay for YOUR phone? You are an EMPLOYEE not a welfare recipient..

14 months ago

travelgirl in Owensboro, Kentucky said: Hey guys, Super excited for a possible offer with AT&T. I have gotten a call for interview on monday. Do the same "pre commission" rules apply for part time sales? Very excited for a new "career" change, but hourly salary is pretty low. Any advice for a possible part time newbie?

Prorated commission and concentrate strictly on products that do not relate to cell phones. Sell Wireless Home Phone. Sell Tablets. Sell U-Verse Television. Sell Home products. Sell that and rate plans that are higher and work down low. Do all this while focusing on Willingness to Recommend and you will succeed everything else will come with it. Dominate your Director of Sales rankings and you will be given a real CAREER CHANGE. :) good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Hartwell, Georgia

14 months ago

rackham12 there is no need to be rude, I just want info so I can know what to expect. I want to be prepared. It's the part time retail consultant

14 months ago

Jen in Hartwell, Georgia said: rackham12 there is no need to be rude, I just want info so I can know what to expect. I want to be prepared. It's the part time retail consultant

I apologize. IF you qualify for the position you will have to drive to the training location most likely be assigned to drive to a location in Atlanta which is only 2 hours away.

14 months ago

Jen in Hartwell, Georgia said: rackham12 there is no need to be rude, I just want info so I can know what to expect. I want to be prepared. It's the part time retail consultant

You will be given a hotel if you qualify, they will pay for your hotel you will just need a credit card on file. Then also they pay you for the mileage you travel to and from training, along with the amount of time you put in for traveling as well. They will give you a lunch card for 42$ a day in which you can use for food products only. Hope this helps nd welcome to the team. I just finished last month training

Jen in Hartwell, Georgia

14 months ago

Thank you very much. That's exactly what I needed to know I'm really hoping I get the job!!!

Keypoint in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

You need to be at least 60 miles away to get hotel reimbursement or they will make you drive and pay you back later for miles and no food card if you drive.

No they will not pay for your phone with another carrier lulz...why you would even ask that is puzzling.
They give you a company phone ( no iphones but most likely a Lumia 920 or SIII)to use 2nd or 3rd week in training. Got mine the 2nd week, some get it 3rd week. After 3 months you can take out 2 phones and get 50% discount on the rate plans. What Brose said about getting paid for your time is wrong. They pay you for mileage which is .55 cents ( think it went up to .58 cents as of 2013. Other then that if you have to drive, you get no other reimbursement of any kind.

14 months ago

FYI, I got paid hourly for my travel time to and from the airport ontologies of my mileage and it was approved by my ARSM and trainer. And this was just 3 weeks ago dice I finished my training.

14 months ago

Keypoint in Los Angeles, California said: You need to be at least 60 miles away to get hotel reimbursement or they will make you drive and pay you back later for miles and no food card if you drive.

No they will not pay for your phone with another carrier lulz...why you would even ask that is puzzling.
They give you a company phone ( no iphones but most likely a Lumia 920 or SIII)to use 2nd or 3rd week in training. Got mine the 2nd week, some get it 3rd week. After 3 months you can take out 2 phones and get 50% discount on the rate plans. What Brose said about getting paid for your time is wrong. They pay you for mileage which is .55 cents ( think it went up to .58 cents as of 2013. Other then that if you have to drive, you get no other reimbursement of any kind.

To add, your on the west coast, I had my training in Georgia as this other persons is as well. I am PRETTY SURE they will have thE same trainers as me

Bella in Downey, California

14 months ago

Hey guys! I'm so excited to start training feb 7. I will be flying to Pleasanton Ca. Anybody else headed there? Do I have to cab it from the airport to my hotel? Or is there a shuttle specifically for AT&T ?

Missy in Middletown, New York

14 months ago

Hi, I'm training 83 miles from my residence, was wondering if I get put in a hotel?

14 months ago

Called and was told if it's more then 50miles they put u in a hotel and pay for everything else.

miss.vee in El Cerrito, California

14 months ago

Bella in Downey, California said: Hey guys! I'm so excited to start training feb 7. I will be flying to Pleasanton Ca. Anybody else headed there? Do I have to cab it from the airport to my hotel ? Or is there a shuttle specifically for AT&T ?

I begin the following week also in Pleasanton! I live around 30 miles away though so won't have the luxury of staying in a hotel and having my meals paid for. I'm assuming you're flying into Oakland, its pretty rough out there so I would hope that you get a shuttle or cab because you wouldn't want to get lost in Oakland. Pleasanton itself is very pretty, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time out there since the weather will be awesome!! Since the training is a couple weeks long, I won't be surprised if I unknowingly see you there!! Congrats!!!

14 months ago

Okay so i was originally flying to Pleasanton Ca for training.. and a week before training they switch my location.. I will be headed to Bothell,WA On the 7th. training starts on the 8th and its friday-Sat and i fly home every Sat. I'm still excited. I should get all my details by Tuesday. Anybody flying to Bothell, WA???

Hbk in Buffalo, New York

14 months ago

In the lobby waiting for the shuttle to take us to our first day of training. Little nervous but more excited to learn about the company! Should be leaving any minute now. Anyone needing a heads up as to what to expect I can provide updates on my experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Hey I was just wondering how your experience was when you first got there? Did you travel by car or plane? how was it? did you rent a car? how was it checking into your hotel? any problems? any information as to what i should expect would be sooooo helpful. Also any details you can share about your 1st day in class.

thanks

misstarabeau in lincoln, Nebraska

14 months ago

Hi everyone! I start training next week in Chicago. ... is anyone else here gona be in that training class? I fly out on sunday! I haven't spoken w onboarding yet but im supposed to soon. :)

Hbk in Buffalo, New York

14 months ago

Bella

Everything was smooth. Att takes great care in making the travel as easy as possible. I went by train actually, since I was too far to drive but not too far for a plane. The ride was long and boring. Thank god I brought along my laptop and watched movies. :) Once I arrived at the train station I called the shuttle and they got me within 15 minutes and took me to the hotel. Everything was just so easy and stress free. I can't stress that enough. Didn't rent a car though since the shuttle will take you anywhere you want within 5 miles of the hotel for free! Works out well. Feels like a vacation kinda. Everything is around the hotel too.

As far as the first day goes it began awkward. There are about 12 people in my class and we had the 'getting to know each other' phase. Thankfully our trainer (michelle) is awesome and got everyone socializing by the afternoon and the time flew. We basically did the typical first day thing and got our intros out of the way, talked about ourselves, and did the w-4 forms and signed up for direct deposit if we chose. I have a cool class of people and a great teacher. Just wish it wasn't for 2 weeks (then home store for a week and right back here for a final week). We got our attuid passwords and logins and basically went over our schedule for the next few weeks and did a few activities.

14 months ago

Thanks for letting us know! Im nervous lol ill be in Chicago

14 months ago

@hbk does ssr receive a company phone?

14 months ago

Full time ssr*

swirth123@hotmail.com

14 months ago

Hey guys, I've found the thread very helpful at answering some of my questions about training. I accepted a part time sales position with ATT and I will be attending part-time training starting March 1st in Fort Wayne, IN. Will anyone else be there? I'd love to connector prior to attending, it would be nice going into training having already spoken with someone!

jreid in Brooklyn, New York

13 months ago

Hbk in Buffalo, New York said: In the lobby waiting for the shuttle to take us to our first day of training. Little nervous but more excited to learn about the company! Should be leaving any minute now. Anyone needing a heads up as to what to expect I can provide updates on my experience.

if i had an interview chm in he said someone will store manager will contact me to set up another interview within three days in my status said forward to hiring manager the same day i left the interview does that mean i have a good chance and what your interview like with the store manager

Hbk in Schenectady, New York

13 months ago

Missy in Middletown, New York said: @hbk does ssr receive a company phone?

Yes they do.

Hbk in Schenectady, New York

13 months ago

jreid in Brooklyn, New York said: if i had an interview chm in he said someone will store manager will contact me to set up another interview within three days in my status said forward to hiring manager the same day i left the interview does that mean i have a good chance and what your interview like with the store manager

Looks good. Good luck!

WVU in West Virginia

13 months ago

My training is March 4th in King of Prussia PA. Anyone else training then/there? Also, I am 6 hours away from the training site, and was offered a flight, but the closest airport is 3 hours away. Would I be able to rent a car instead of flying and would they reimburse me at least partially for that? It seems like it would cost about the same as a flight, maybe less. I was wondering if anyone else has any info or experience pertaining to this. Thanks!

Laura Littell in Bellaire, Michigan

13 months ago

Hello all. I have receintly been hired as a retail sales consultant and will be attending training on April 8, 2013. Anyone else headed to training around that time? I have been told that my training may be in Chicago but have not had that finalized yet. I'm a little nervous about being in a big city by myself but very excited to start my training. Readin through all these post have put my mind (and my husbands) at ease a bit but it would be nice to know if others are headed out to train with me...

13 months ago

Laura Littell in Bellaire, Michigan said: Hello all. I have receintly been hired as a retail sales consultant and will be attending training on April 8, 2013. Anyone else headed to training around that time? I have been told that my training may be in Chicago but have not had that finalized yet. I'm a little nervous about being in a big city by myself but very excited to start my training. Readin through all these post have put my mind (and my husbands) at ease a bit but it would be nice to know if others are headed out to train with me...

Hey dear I went to training in Chicago. It depends where they are sending u. U may be in hoffman estates which is a suburb. If not u will be in downtown Chicago. U will stay at the holiday inn Chicago mart plaza. Its super nice I stayed there. Training was 5 blocks away. We walked. There was no shuttle hut u do get reemburshed for taxi to and from hotel if u choose to use it. U get a corporate food card and tthe training is fun. There is a full service restaurant in the hotel. And you are in the nice part of Chicago. I'm from lincoln Nebraska so it was huge to me. Hope this helps. Hugs! And congrats.

Wademvp91 in Indianapolis, Indiana

12 months ago

Here's my process so far if anyone is interested:

1) Applied online - Mar. 14
2) Took Personality Test from link in E-Mail - Mar. 14
3) Contacted via E-Mail by HR Recruiter about interest in job - Mar. 15
4) HR Recruiter called and set up interviewer with HR Hiring Manager - Mar. 18
5) Interview with HR Manager - Mar. 20
6) HR Manager called me back to interview with Store Manager - Mar. 20
7) Interview with Store Manager - Mar. 21
8. AT&T website status changed "forwarded resume to hiring manager: it has been determined that you met the min. Requirements for the job. The Hiring manager is reviewing all qualified candidates"

That's where I'm at so far. I really do hope that I get this job as it seems like it will be completely awesome. Anyone have any ideas what I should expect at this point?

12 months ago

Well I'll go ahead and update this. According to AT&T's website, I was not selected. Should I contact my HR Manager to see if I can interview elsewhere or give up?

shesasurething08

12 months ago

Wademvp91 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Well I'll go ahead and update this. According to AT&T's website, I was not selected. Should I contact my HR Manager to see if I can interview elsewhere or give up?

@Wademvp91
I would definitely contact your hr mrg or recruiter to see if you can interview at another location. I did that as well. I wasnt selected at one location but I stayed in contact with my recruiter and ask if there was any other locations I could interview at. She contacted me the same day and set up a additional interview at a different location, and right now as of this moment accepted my final offer yesterday. Pass the background check, and got the email yesterday that I got the job. So dont give up. I was very upset at the fact that I interviewed at 2 locations and didntget the job but I Iinterviewed at the same one twice and finally got the job. It worth it the try. I wanted to give up but I didnt and it worked out for me. I was super excited.

rwatson0408 in Hialeah, Florida

12 months ago

Wademvp91 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Well I'll go ahead and update this. According to AT&T's website, I was not selected. Should I contact my HR Manager to see if I can interview elsewhere or give up?

Never give up on something you want. I didn't get selected in my first interview either. But my Hiring Manager sent me on other interviews until I found a store that I fit in at. So, keep trying and good luck!!! :)

12 months ago

shesasurething08 said: @Wademvp91
I would definitely contact your hr mrg or recruiter to see if you can interview at another location. I did that as well. I wasnt selected at one location but I stayed in contact with my recruiter and ask if there was any other locations I could interview at. She contacted me the same day and set up a additional interview at a different location, and right now as of this moment accepted my final offer yesterday. Pass the background check, and got the email yesterday that I got the job. So dont give up. I was very upset at the fact that I interviewed at 2 locations and didntget the job but I Iinterviewed at the same one twice and finally got the job. It worth it the try. I wanted to give up but I didnt and it worked out for me. I was super excited.

Thanks so much for your reply. I applied for 2 locations and interviewed with the store manager at one of them. The status under the other one on the website says that I'm one of the qualified people and that they are reviewing applications now. I'm just really down about this. Congrats on your offer tho! :)

shesasurething08

12 months ago

Wademvp91 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Thanks so much for your reply. I applied for 2 locations and interviewed with the store manager at one of them. The status under the other one on the website says that I'm one of the qualified people and that they are reviewing applications now. I'm just really down about this. Congrats on your offer tho! :)

@Wademvp91
Right! And thanks. What I would do is email or call your recruiter and ask them directly can you possibly get a interview at that location. That way you can be fresh in there minds.I did that. I went beyond everything you know. Anytime your status say that you are being considered for that location is a good thing.

Sean W in Oak Park, Illinois

12 months ago

There is no need to be down at all! Just because you didn't get picked for the job doesn't mean you didn't do great. For all you know a retired CEO of a major company interviewed for the job as "keeping busy" employment. I was lucky enough to get picked on my first go around, but I had a really good interview. Just remember people pick people to work with them that they like, the most important thing in a second interview is to be likable. Feel out the people your interviewing with, if their laid back be laid back as well, if their professional be professional. Affability is what is going to get you hired, be yourself and show personality. If your interviewing for an RSC job being likable is half the battle when on the sales floor anyway. And if you show the initiative to keep trying it will speak volumes about your character. Don't be discouraged, make the right moves and you'll be on your way to training in no time.

12 months ago

shesasurething08 said: @Wademvp91
Right! And thanks. What I would do is email or call your recruiter and ask them directly can you possibly get a interview at that location. That way you can be fresh in there minds.I did that. I went beyond everything you know. Anytime your status say that you are being considered for that location is a good thing.

Awesome. I emailed my recruiter and I'm going to watch the careers status page like crazy this weekend. Obviously don't expect much change over the weekend, but who knows. I mean, I'm kinda under the assumption that once you get the approval from the HR manager, it's just a matter of finding a store that will take you right?

12 months ago

So is that assumption trueish? That once the recruiter passes you off to an HR manager and then the manager approves of you. Even though the store manager didn't select me, I still have a good chance at other stores in the area since HR has "approved" of me right?

Sean W in Oak Park, Illinois

12 months ago

You will prob end up getting a job if you stay persistant. Just stay in contact with the person you did your first interview with. I actually know one of the managers in Indianapolis, I can talk to her and find out if they need someone and maybe put in a word because its obvious you have a go getter attitude. If you send me a pm with your name ill ask her what's what when I see her in the morning.

12 months ago

Sean W in Oak Park, Illinois said: You will prob end up getting a job if you stay persistant. Just stay in contact with the person you did your first interview with. I actually know one of the managers in Indianapolis, I can talk to her and find out if they need someone and maybe put in a word because its obvious you have a go getter attitude. If you send me a pm with your name ill ask her what's what when I see her in the morning.

Thanks so much for your offer and I'd love to take you up on it, but dumb question...how do you PM someone haha

Brent in Ypsilanti, Michigan

12 months ago

Wademvp91 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: So is that assumption trueish? That once the recruiter passes you off to an HR manager and then the manager approves of you. Even though the store manager didn't select me, I still have a good chance at other stores in the area since HR has "approved" of me right?

Wade, just about to go into my last week of training for an RSC. Your assumption was fairly accurate. My HR gave me a great recommendation to the SM who hired me and in the month before i started training the SM move and i had a new one. The first thing she said to me was the the Hiring Manager said i would be a great asset. So yes, if the HM likes you, it is a fairly good assumption he/she will keep pushing you along till a SM thinks you will be a good fit. Especially in Indy. I trained in indy and i know that there are a lot of stores who are short staffed from what i heard and you could very easily get picked up.

12 months ago

Brent in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: Wade, just about to go into my last week of training for an RSC. Your assumption was fairly accurate. My HR gave me a great recommendation to the SM who hired me and in the month before i started training the SM move and i had a new one. The first thing she said to me was the the Hiring Manager said i would be a great asset. So yes, if the HM likes you, it is a fairly good assumption he/she will keep pushing you along till a SM thinks you will be a good fit. Especially in Indy. I trained in indy and i know that there are a lot of stores who are short staffed from what i heard and you could very easily get picked up.

I hope so, I really like AT&T and I really think I have the drive to do some damage for them...in a good way haha

12 months ago

Sean W in Oak Park, Illinois said: You will prob end up getting a job if you stay persistant. Just stay in contact with the person you did your first interview with. I actually know one of the managers in Indianapolis, I can talk to her and find out if they need someone and maybe put in a word because its obvious you have a go getter attitude. If you send me a pm with your name ill ask her what's what when I see her in the morning.

Whelp, I can't figure out how to PM you, probably because I'm using my iPhone haha. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me first so I can reply to it, or you can email me at wademvp91@icloud.com. Thanks again for your help!

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana

12 months ago

Laura Littell in Bellaire, Michigan said: Hello all. I have receintly been hired as a retail sales consultant and will be attending training on April 8, 2013. Anyone else headed to training around that time? I have been told that my training may be in Chicago but have not had that finalized yet. I'm a little nervous about being in a big city by myself but very excited to start my training. Readin through all these post have put my mind (and my husbands) at ease a bit but it would be nice to know if others are headed out to train with me...

Hi! I am actually starting training on April 8th, but in Indianapolis. I live in South Bend, IN. Where in Michigan are you?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.