AT&T Training Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 1022)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana

19 months ago

Wademvp91 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Ok, well I've applied for 3 different positions in the area so...fingers crossed lol

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wademvp91 in Indianapolis, Indiana

19 months ago

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana said: Good luck!

Thanks! I'm still anxiously waiting to hear from my recruiter or HR manager. I think the downtown Indy office was closed thanks to the snow ;(

19 months ago

So anyone have any guesses how long it will say "Resume forwarded to hiring manager for review" it says they are "reviewing applications" but I haven't interviewed for the job. It's at the same status that I had on another position but it appeared AFTER I interviewed with the store manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shesasurething08

19 months ago

Wademvp91 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: So anyone have any guesses how long it will say "Resume forwarded to hiring manager for review" it says they are "reviewing applications" but I haven't interviewed for the job. It's at the same status that I had on another position but it appeared AFTER I interviewed with the store manager

Any job that you apply for while u had the first interview will show up that way after the interview. That means that you can be a possible candidate for either location.

19 months ago

shesasurething08 said: Any job that you apply for while u had the first interview will show up that way after the interview. That means that you can be a possible candidate for either location.

I hope so. I just haven't had an interview with that locations store manager so I'm not too hopeful at this point ;(

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana

19 months ago

Wademvp91 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Thanks! I'm still anxiously waiting to hear from my recruiter or HR manager. I think the downtown Indy office was closed thanks to the snow ;(

You guys have snow down there?! It's like 45 degrees here in South Bend, with no snow on the ground!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Yep, about 8-10 inches. It's melting fast because of the weather today thoufh

19 months ago

Well everyone, thanks so much for your help. I finally was able to get ahold of someone from HR and basically I was brushed off and told that Their website was incorrect, and that the positions that I have applied for have already been filled and I was not selected. I asked what she would recommend next and was told "apply on our website again if you want" and that was about it. So it seems AT&T may not be the place for me. Again, tha ma everyone for your help!

Strwbsprkl in Bronx, New York

19 months ago

Hey guys I went on a third interview with a second store manager. He basically asked me a bunch on questions and I answered to the best of my abilities. He then said he doesn't want drama or negative people I'm his store. I felt a little intimidated because the were only guys there lol but I kept my cool. He also put me on the floor so that I can interact with the staff. I was a little shy. Now I'm just waiting to see why happens. Whatever happens is in gods hands but it was a really fun experience!

19 months ago

Sorry typed this on my iPhone. Autocorrect is a killer!!!

Shubby in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

I assure you, it is in no ones hands except the managers you interviewed with. They might think their gods, but their just people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Yes guess you're right

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana

19 months ago

Strwbsprkl in Bronx, New York said: Hey guys I went on a third interview with a second store manager. He basically asked me a bunch on questions and I answered to the best of my abilities. He then said he doesn't want drama or negative people I'm his store. I felt a little intimidated because the were only guys there lol but I kept my cool. He also put me on the floor so that I can interact with the staff. I was a little shy. Now I'm just waiting to see why happens. Whatever happens is in gods hands but it was a really fun experience!

If you're a little shy, sales is going to be a little difficult!

19 months ago

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana said: If you're a little shy, sales is going to be a little difficult!

Lol I didn't mean with the selling part I have been in sales for 4 years. I meant shy while talking to the staff I didn't want to seem too pushy. But everyone was really nice.

MRemi in Portage, Michigan

19 months ago

Laura Littell in Bellaire, Michigan said: I'm in Traverse City Michigan. Indianapolis is one of the other towns they mentioned I could be going to. All the employees keep saying Chicago but I could be with you there... I will not find out when I fly out or where I fly to until the 4th or 5th.

I actually start training on the 8th as well and I am closer to chicago. I was told either chicago, detroit or indianapolis. The recruiter had told me southfield, Detroit. But things could always change I guess. Just FYI. We have lots of possibilites :)

Laura Littell in Bellaire, Michigan

19 months ago

MRemi in Portage, Michigan said: I actually start training on the 8th as well and I am closer to chicago. I was told either chicago, detroit or indianapolis. The recruiter had told me southfield, Detroit. But things could always change I guess. Just FYI. We have lots of possibilites :)

I am getting very anxious. I hate not knowing where I will be until right before I leave...

19 months ago

Laura Littell in Bellaire, Michigan said: I am getting very anxious. I hate not knowing where I will be until right before I leave...

Yeah, I was told as soon as I got my contingent offer where I would be training at... so I am not sure why it's different with your hiring managers! Also @MRemi, too, since you guys are both in Michigan. The guy who is the recruiter for Indiana was very forward and upfront with everything and super helpful every single time I needed him!

18 months ago

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana said: Hi! I am actually starting training on April 8th , but in Indianapolis. I live in South Bend, IN. Where in Michigan are you?

Just got the call, I will be in Indianapolis as well!!

18 months ago

I start training in Indianapolis on April 8th. Anyone else going to be there at that time?

MRemi in Portage, Michigan

18 months ago

I will be in Southfield Detroit starting April 8th! @Laura, Did you get both a hotel itnerary and training? I only recieved one email about my hotel info, not my training specifics times and locations?

18 months ago

I only received one phone call from the gentleman that does all of their travel arrangements. He asked for some information from me and said that today he will be making all my reservations my flight times and at my hotel and everything and then he would be turning that over to my store manager. The store manager will be contacting me. He did tell me that I would be in Indianapolis but other than that I don't know what hotel or any of the other spacifics yet. He told me that I should hear from my store manager by Thursday and if I don't that I should contact him Friday as I am set to fly out Sunday.

Samir Jones in Cedar Hill, Texas

18 months ago

I'm starting to get a little anxious as well. I don't start training until the 15th and was told that it would be in St. Louis. Is anyone else training there as well or has anyone trained there before? I'm flying in and have really never been outside of Texas. Can someone give me a heads up which hotel I will be in and which airline I'll be flying on?

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

18 months ago

Samir Jones in Cedar Hill, Texas said: I'm starting to get a little anxious as well. I don't start training until the 15th and was told that it would be in St. Louis. Is anyone else training there as well or has anyone trained there before? I'm flying in and have really never been outside of Texas. Can someone give me a heads up which hotel I will be in and which airline I'll be flying on?

Hampton (Continental Hotel Group) and Delta Airline

18 months ago

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi said: Hampton (Continental Hotel Group) and Delta Airline

intercontinental hotel group sorry

18 months ago

Thanks Rackham12! Im looking up the details now and they arw showing alot of results for hotels that are apart of the Hampton Intercontinental Hotel group? Is there a specific one? I really dont care much as long as there is a gym there so I can get my workout in. Flying Delta is it Business class or coach?

18 months ago

Samir Jones in Cedar Hill, Texas said: Thanks Rackham12! Im looking up the details now and they arw showing alot of results for hotels that are apart of the Hampton Intercontinental Hotel group? Is there a specific one? I really dont care much as long as there is a gym there so I can get my workout in. Flying Delta is it Business class or coach?

You are very welcome! It is either Hampton or Hilton which ever is closer or least booked. Most hotels will offer a gym. Delta is Coach or Economy.

18 months ago

Laura Littell in Bellaire, Michigan said: I only received one phone call from the gentleman that does all of their travel arrangements. He asked for some information from me and said that today he will be making all my reservations my flight times and at my hotel and everything and then he would be turning that over to my store manager. The store manager will be contacting me. He did tell me that I would be in Indianapolis but other than that I don't know what hotel or any of the other spacifics yet. He told me that I should hear from my store manager by Thursday and if I don't that I should contact him Friday as I am set to fly out Sunday.

I got my itinerary today for my hotel, since I'll be driving down, seeing as I'm only a couple hours away. We're staying at the Sheraton City Centre location on West Ohio Street! Other than that, that's all I know. I don't know anything about our food cards or what time training starts on Monday. I will be driving down to Indy Sunday evening!

18 months ago

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana said: I got my itinerary today for my hotel, since I'll be driving down, seeing as I'm only a couple hours away. We're staying at the Sheraton City Centre location on West Ohio Street! Other than that, that's all I know. I don't know anything about our food cards or what time training starts on Monday. I will be driving down to Indy Sunday evening!

That is awesome!! I will fly in on Sunday. Now at least I can look at the hotel on line. I would assume we will all be staying in the same hotel. The travel guy told me we get our meal cards on the first day if training and my new manager will have my complete itinerary on Wednesday or Thursday.

18 months ago

Laura Littell in Bellaire, Michigan said: That is awesome!! I will fly in on Sunday. Now at least I can look at the hotel on line. I would assume we will all be staying in the same hotel. The travel guy told me we get our meal cards on the first day if training and my new manager will have my complete itinerary on Wednesday or Thursday.

Okay that's awesome! I had no idea when we were getting our meal cards... btw my real name is Devin! and I'm a girl... haha. And yeah in my hotel itinerary it said when we check in to identify ourselves as the AT&T New Hire Group. So I think we're all in the same hotel!

Yaboy707 in Dixon, California

18 months ago

General question really, but did anyone else that is bilingual have to take a test? I spoke with the hirirng manager that's my next step.and if that correct how was it?

18 months ago

Hey guys, I just got hired yay! I believe my be check cleared because its says completed but its only been 3 days so I'm waiting a bit. Anyways I think I'm not starting training yet because in my offer letter it says to report to my manager on April 29th. Is this a possibility?

18 months ago

Background*

18 months ago

Strwbsprkl in Bronx, New York said: Hey guys, I just got hired yay! I believe my be check cleared because its says completed but its only been 3 days so I'm waiting a bit. Anyways I think I'm not starting training yet because in my offer letter it says to report to my manager on April 29th. Is this a possibility?

Did you get hired as full or part time?

18 months ago

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana said: Did you get hired as full or part time?

Full time ssr

Chi in West Palm Beach, Florida

18 months ago

Strwbsprkl in Bronx, New York said: Full time ssr

I did but I am in florida

18 months ago

Strwbsprkl in Bronx, New York said: Full time ssr

Hmm... you should be going to some sort of training facility.....

18 months ago

I just received my welcome to the team call from one of my store managers. IM now in the waiting process to hear back from my hiring manager. When initially offered the position i was informed the training I was assigned to is in St. Louis, Mo. Im kinda getting more and more anxious as i dont like not knowing things til the last minute. Can anyone give me a heads up on some material i can start reading up on now. Or websites i can visit to start gaining knowledge in advance? Anyone else being flown in to the lou?

18 months ago

Talked to my store manager today, but she went over everything that has already been gone over with me by my recruiters/travel manager/training instructor. I leave for Indianapolis on Sunday, I'm driving in and super excited!! It's sort of like a mini vacation. Sort of.

@Samir - My trainer just let me know that class starts on Monday at 10AM, and after that it begins at 8:30 every morning. We get our meal cards on the first day. We don't need a note pad, as they give us a training book that has all of the space to take notes that we'll need. In the 2nd week they order our AT&T branded shirts. The third week, we will be in our own stores back at home, and that's where we work out the reimbursement for our travel, if you drove. (Which it doesn't look like you're doing). Then the fourth week we're back again at the training facility for a final week of training.

18 months ago

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana said: Talked to my store manager today, but she went over everything that has already been gone over with me by my recruiters/travel manager/training instructor. I leave for Indianapolis on Sunday, I'm driving in and super excited!! It's sort of like a mini vacation. Sort of.

@Samir - My trainer just let me know that class starts on Monday at 10AM, and after that it begins at 8:30 every morning. We get our meal cards on the first day. We don't need a note pad, as they give us a training book that has all of the space to take notes that we'll need. In the 2nd week they order our AT&T branded shirts. The third week, we will be in our own stores back at home, and that's where we work out the reimbursement for our travel, if you drove. (Which it doesn't look like you're doing). Then the fourth week we're back again at the training facility for a final week of training.

I finally received my itinerary today. I fly out on Sunday!! Super excited. They have told me all the same stuff as they have told you. I asked today about the third week when we are job shadowing back home in our stores and was told that our trainer will schedule it for us. If you fly out they will reimburse the milage to and from the airport as well as the baggage fees and the can fair to the hotel from the airport. Just make sure you keep the receipts.

Sirth in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

Samir, if I had to do training all over again I would study up on the different plans att offers. They don't really teach them to you in training at all. Training (at least my training) was a lot of HR requirements and teaching you Att sales process, and not a lot of real world application material. If you went into training knowing the rate plans and all about their wireless home phone and tablet plans you would have a huge step ahead. I would also like to say learn opus cuz they don't teach you that either, but that can only be done in store in really life circumstances. I'm almost in my third month and I still don't know opus perfectly yet. Just learn the rate plans, here's a great reference that you will use a lot on the job. The mobile sales tool, learn this and you'll have a leg up.

www.myattmst.com/splash.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Sirth in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Samir, if I had to do training all over again I would study up on the different plans att offers. They don't really teach them to you in training at all. Training (at least my training) was a lot of HR requirements and teaching you Att sales process, and not a lot of real world application material. If you went into training knowing the rate plans and all about their wireless home phone and tablet plans you would have a huge step ahead. I would also like to say learn opus cuz they don't teach you that either, but that can only be done in store in really life circumstances. I'm almost in my third month and I still don't know opus perfectly yet. Just learn the rate plans, here's a great reference that you will use a lot on the job. The mobile sales tool, learn this and you'll have a leg up.

www.myattmst.com/splash.html

Thanks alot, this link is really helpful. I will be studying this often.

18 months ago

Well, I just arrived in Indianapolis for training. So far everything has went well. Is anyone else arrived yet?

18 months ago

Laura Littell in Bellaire, Michigan said: Well, I just arrived in Indianapolis for training. So far everything has went well. Is anyone else arrived yet?

Congrats on making it there safely. How was the flight? And how was the process checking into the hotel?

18 months ago

Samir Jones in Cedar Hill, Texas said: Congrats on making it there safely. How was the flight? And how was the process checking into the hotel?

Flights were ok. We had a rather strong cross wind so it left something to be desired on the landing. Lol. Checking into the hotel was quick and easy. No issues at all.

18 months ago

Also, does anyone know which COD we are able to choose from as of right now? I'm ecstatic about the S4, however I do know that we rarely get to have new devices when they first drop? Does anyone have the HTC One?

Sean in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

Lol, it's a COU. And you usually don't get to pick, my trainer just ordered them for us. Half of the class had to get android and half had to get windows. One person had to get blackberry but if you do that you will prob get the new one.

18 months ago

And they order them and they get sent to your home store where you pick it up in week 3

Eric in Los Angeles, California

18 months ago

ted in Victoria, Texas said: hi i want to know im applying for a bilingual service cunsultant at the moment i had my phone interview like 3 weeks ago and ive had no call backs but my application says that i have met the qualifications and that they continuing to review my application.... i called the hr recruitment office and they said that it takes a while regardless... has this happened to anyone?

I took the test and HR had my results the next day. Hope this helps.

18 months ago

Sean in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Lol, it's a COU. And you usually don't get to pick, my trainer just ordered them for us. Half of the class had to get android and half had to get windows. One person had to get blackberry but if you do that you will prob get the new one.

Lol. Thanks Sean, I appreciate the info. Never too early to start learning the company Acronyms.

18 months ago

There are far too many, att actually has a we page called speakeasy, it's sole purpose is to look up and catalog the hundreds of acronyms att used. COU= company official use. Not company owned device, even tho it makes way more sense.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.