AT&T hiring question not answered yet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

JPGR63 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

I've taken te test and interviewed yesterday and today received the tax survey email but my Resume still say Resume acknowledged after completing the survey. Is the email to complete the survey only sent to those who passed the interview and test or does everyone get it after they test and pass but fail the interview? I can swear I seen the interviewer taking notes shake their head no at the one asking me questions when they exchanged glances near the end. Hopefully I'm reading too much in that exchange and I'll move forward in the process. I've searched the forum and didnt see this question

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas

15 months ago

I took the tax survey at the same time I applied online. I don't think it affects or has any bearing on the hiring process.

15 months ago

I think a few of us that have been background checked and hired still have a resume acknowledged status.

JPGR63 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

so has anyone applying for a call center position or know anyone who has applied been sent a rejection letter after being sent the request for the tax survey the day after the onsite personality test and call center audition, I'm just curious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

15 months ago

It is possible; however doubtful sometimes staffing does not update the status depending on how busy they're. Which usually are EXTREMELY busy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

I was hired as a CSR and the survey was requested long before I applied for the CSR position. I applied for another position for which I was turned down and the link for me to take the survey was sent before the rejection. It's really nothing more than a survey sent to see whether a company will receive a goverment benefit for hiring you. I was asked to complete it for every position I applied for and after the first time I completed it, I pulled it up and it said I had all ready completed the survey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JPGR63 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas said: I was hired as a CSR and the survey was requested long before I applied for the CSR position. I applied for another position for which I was turned down and the link for me to take the survey was sent before the rejection. It's really nothing more than a survey sent to see whether a company will receive a goverment benefit for hiring you. I was asked to complete it for every position I applied for and after the first time I completed it, I pulled it up and it said I had all ready completed the survey.

uggggghh so more waiting and worrying lol. After I did the survey they said within 24 hours I should get a response back. When you were rejected before do you remember if you were advised of that too? Also how long after did you get notice of the rejection. I'm looking for anything positive to keep hope cause like most people who read these forums I really need this job

15 months ago

@JPGR63....Are you going for the CSR in Farmers Branch?

JPGR63 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas said: @JPGR63....Are you going for the CSR in Farmers Branch?

Yes, I am actually. Why do you ask?

15 months ago

I applied for that area at first, and then decided on Austin. I remember the process. I know that they are hiring quite a few for the Farmers Branch call center, as they are closing other call center locations. Good luck to you!

15 months ago

They had a class to all ready start or is about to start, and there will be another class for Farmers Branch that starts on the 8th of July. I hope you hear something soon!

JPGR63 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas said: They had a class to all ready start or is about to start, and there will be another class for Farmers Branch that starts on the 8th of July. I hope you hear something soon!

They said the july class was filled even the 25th and it will be Aug if at all.

I dont mean to beat a dead horse but is that the same location where they asked you to fill out the tax survey then sent a rejection letter and if so how long after the tax survey did you get notice of rejection?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

It was for another position at corporate, and I was rejected after I filled it out. The point I was making is, I received notification to fill that survey out IMMEDIATELY after I applied online, at the same time I was asked to take the questionnaire. I was rejected within a week. Farmers Branch scheduled me for the teleconference, and then an interview. The recruiter called and asked me had I all ready interviewed for another location or position and I told her about Austin, and she told me she saw where they were going to make me an offer. I pretended not to know and it went from there with Austin.

15 months ago

Another issue you may face, and I am being honest is something I posted elsewhere. I started the process BEFORE they made the mass media announcement of their intentions to hire in Texas. I assumed that would fill everything up immediately. When I started with the Farmers Branch process just two weeks ago, there were still slots for June and July was completely open. She indicated that there may be an August depending on how the training classes went and how much they could fill in July. Around the 12th or 13th, AT&T basically sent word to all the newspapers and internet blogs in Texas about their plans to hire over 1800 people, 800 in Dallas and the rest all over the state in call centers and outside prem tech roles.

JPGR63 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas said: Another issue you may face, and I am being honest is something I posted elsewhere. I started the process BEFORE they made the mass media announcement of their intentions to hire in Texas. I assumed that would fill everything up immediately. When I started with the Farmers Branch process just two weeks ago, there were still slots for June and July was completely open. She indicated that there may be an August depending on how the training classes went and how much they could fill in July. Around the 12th or 13th, AT&T basically sent word to all the newspapers and internet blogs in Texas about their plans to hire over 1800 people, 800 in Dallas and the rest all over the state in call centers and outside prem tech roles.

I hope I'm good enough to be one of 800 then. Seiously lol.

15 months ago

I hope you do too! Farmers Branch paid more to start than Austin, but was further away than I wanted to be from Houston. Much luck and many blessings to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JPGR63 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas said: I hope you do too! Farmers Branch paid more to start than Austin, but was further away than I wanted to be from Houston. Much luck and many blessings to you!

Thank you. I have another question, when you have the tiem. I'm going out of town for a month, how do they do the drug test? Do they email a receipt that you can take to any lap corp or do you have to pick up the sheet at the site?

15 months ago

They will send you an email from HireRight about the background check. I immediately filled out the form and received an email for my drug testing the next morning. I printed it out (it says to do so) and took it to a LabCorp. You have to take it within 48 hours of receiving the email. From the time they send it, not the time you check it. If you are going to be out of town and get the notice, you should call the recruiter. My recruiter set me up to take my drug test here in the Houston area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JPGR63 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas said: They will send you an email from HireRight about the background check. I immediately filled out the form and received an email for my drug testing the next morning. I printed it out (it says to do so) and took it to a LabCorp. You have to take it within 48 hours of receiving the email. From the time they send it, not the time you check it. If you are going to be out of town and get the notice, you should call the recruiter. My recruiter set me up to take my drug test here in the Houston area.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

JPGR63 in Texas

15 months ago

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas said: They will send you an email from HireRight about the background check. I immediately filled out the form and received an email for my drug testing the next morning. I printed it out (it says to do so) and took it to a LabCorp. You have to take it within 48 hours of receiving the email. From the time they send it, not the time you check it. If you are going to be out of town and get the notice, you should call the recruiter. My recruiter set me up to take my drug test here in the Houston area.

I just applied for Wichita Falls collections, I have customer service skills and collections skills so it would be perfect if I had a chance to choose where I wanted to go like you did.

14 months ago

Good! I am grateful that they just determine it by the guidelines rather than where you live. Lots of employers will see an out of town resume or submission and place you aside. I finally received my email with my new hire portal. I was asked YET AGAIN to fill out the worker tax survey, opened the link and once again it said I had all ready completed it. I guess they really want to find out who is worth a tax deduction, lol.

winter in Texas

14 months ago

JPGR63 in Texas said: I just applied for Wichita Falls collections , I have customer service skills and collections skills so it would be perfect if I had a chance to choose where I wanted to go like you did.

So how did it work out for you? I am scheduled for testing next thursday in farmers branch.

14 months ago

They are still hiring for Farmers Branch? Wow. I just knew that they would be full by now. JPGR63...I hope you hear something!

JPGR63 in Texas

14 months ago

Well I got a conditional offer the week before last and did the background check so I'm waiting for a call still. I'm pretty anxious these days. At&T is a great company.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.