AT&T

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Hunterk

27 months ago

Hey, well i recently applied for a sales rep job with att. I toke the test and and passed, so I received my first interview. The first interview went great!!! A week later after almost giving up the manager called me for a second interview, that also went well. To cut it short, I got offered the job. Monday I have to go take a drug test, and have a bg check ran. I'm not worried about the drug test. I've heard they use hireright, and I've read the horror stories. Although it hasn't showed up at any of my other jobs I had. I have a breach of peace, for loud music in 2007. If this shows up on my bg check will it effect me of still getting the job? I was 17 when it happened.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hunterk

27 months ago

Hunterk said: Hey, well i recently applied for a sales rep job with att. I toke the test and and passed, so I received my first interview. The first interview went great!!! A week later after almost giving up the manager called me for a second interview, that also went well. To cut it short, I got offered the job. Monday I have to go take a drug test, and have a bg check ran. I'm not worried about the drug test. I've heard they use hireright, and I've read the horror stories. Although it hasn't showed up at any of my other jobs I had. I have a breach of peace, for loud music in 2007. If this shows up on my bg check will it effect me of still getting the job? I was 17 when it happened.

This is at att distributor store in gaffney sc

Quelix in Carolina, Puerto Rico

27 months ago

let HR know, HR doesn't make any decision, they just compare what you said and what's really is. At the end who makes the decision is the manager. Breach of peace is nothing so bad.

crisstar in Riverside, California

27 months ago

As long as you didn't lie on your application it shouldn't be a problem. Some applications asks if you ever been convicted of a felony. I'm sure what you did not rise to that level, not to mention you were a minor when it happened. I suggest you try to get that conviction expunged from your record since it happen so long ago and you were underage.

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

27 months ago

Loud noise =/= breaking the law, just a code violation. You're fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.