ATT hiring process for Wire Technician

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Bots in Glasgow, Kentucky

8 months ago

I wanted to put my hiring experience on here to help anyone out or just calm some nerves. I originally applied on March 3, 2014 and then was asked to fill out a tax survey. After that I was directed to take a test provided by Pearson Vue in Brentwood Tennessee (this was all completed in around a week and a half). I believe I took the test on a Monday and by the end of the week I was invited to a RJP (Realistic job preview). That consisted of six other applicants and they gave us a "realistic job preview." After that I was asked about 5-7 questions regarding my history working with fiber and dealing with customers (very minimum history with both, I was a field radio operator in the Marine Corps). The very next day I received a phone call from my hiring recruiter saying that I had a conditional job offer pending a background investigation. The background investigation was conducted by hire right and took around 2 weeks. I had to complete a physical and a drug test. Once all that was completed I got the formal job offer yesterday April 2, 2014. It took about a month to get everything completed and the background investigation was a little frustrating but overall a fairly smooth process. Just a big waiting game!

I would love to answer any questions or concerns that anyone is having about this because I was pretty stressed out waiting for everything to come together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

rncd787

8 months ago

Hello,

I just took the field technician II test on tuesday april 1st and qualified. The handout provided said I would be contacted within 48 hrs for the next step but its now Thursday afternoon and still no email or call. The careers site says im scheduled for testing (same test no update). Is this normal? The original email says no emails regarding application status but I really want the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JaxTech in Jacksonville, Florida

8 months ago

I went on the RJP in Feb, then was made a conditional job offer 2 weeks later providing I successfully complete the background check, drug test, and physical. Three weeks later I was advised to apply under a new job number. I have not heard anything back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ChrisDFloyd in Apo

6 months ago

Bots in Glasgow, Kentucky said: I wanted to put my hiring experience on here to help anyone out or just calm some nerves. I originally applied on March 3, 2014 and then was asked to fill out a tax survey. After that I was directed to take a test provided by Pearson Vue in Brentwood Tennessee (this was all completed in around a week and a half). I believe I took the test on a Monday and by the end of the week I was invited to a RJP (Realistic job preview). That consisted of six other applicants and they gave us a "realistic job preview." After that I was asked about 5-7 questions regarding my history working with fiber and dealing with customers (very minimum history with both, I was a field radio operator in the Marine Corps). The very next day I received a phone call from my hiring recruiter saying that I had a conditional job offer pending a background investigation. The background investigation was conducted by hire right and took around 2 weeks. I had to complete a physical and a drug test. Once all that was completed I got the formal job offer yesterday April 2, 2014. It took about a month to get everything completed and the background investigation was a little frustrating but overall a fairly smooth process. Just a big waiting game!

I would love to answer any questions or concerns that anyone is having about this because I was pretty stressed out waiting for everything to come together.

Hello, I'm also applying for the same position as I am transitioning out of the Air Force under the same job as yours, Ground Radio Field Technician. How similar can this position relate to Radio tech? Thanks!

jerome_cole2002@yahoo.com in Pascagoula, Mississippi

5 months ago

Does anyone have any tips for the wire technician test?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.