Accepted verbal offer, taken drug test, now waiting on Hire Right background check to clear; help!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

emxo in Evansville, Indiana

26 months ago

I have an accident, a speeding ticket, and when my insurance lapsed I got a ticket for driving without financial responsibility. Also, two years ago I got ticketed for misdemeanor minor consumption which was dismissed/sealed/expunged after pre-trial diversion.

All of these things I disclosed on my self-report for Hire Right's background check.
After reading these horror stories, I am a little nervous..should I be worried??

My training date is not until 8/20

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Yanice

26 months ago

You should be ok if you disclosed all of this information on your backround check. What might happen is might have to go through what is called an adjudication process where you provide in writing additional details of each occurance. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

It turns out hire right couldn't find any court records on anything I self reported! my background check cleared, and I start training 8/20.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

26 months ago

emxo in Evansville, Indiana said: I have an accident, a speeding ticket, and when my insurance lapsed I got a ticket for driving without financial responsibility. Also, two years ago I got ticketed for misdemeanor minor consumption which was dismissed/sealed/expunged after pre-trial diversion.

All of these things I disclosed on my self-report for Hire Right's background check.
After reading these horror stories, I am a little nervous..should I be worried??

My training date is not until 8/20

If you are applying for a job that requires driving, thanks for coming by. LOL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jesus in Missouri City, Texas

26 months ago

Where is your training gonna be?

26 months ago

Jesus in Missouri City, Texas said: Where is your training gonna be?

Lexington, ky

raeserr in New Jersey

26 months ago

How do you find out what your training date is?

26 months ago

It should be the same day as the date in your offer letter that says "effective this day" or something along those lines

raeserr in New Jersey

26 months ago

Oh okay. And everyone that starts training will be in the same place or?

26 months ago

I honestly don't know, haven't done it, but I mean I assume it would make more sense if different positions were separated. But you never know!

26 months ago

raeserr in New Jersey said: Oh okay. And everyone that starts training will be in the same place or?

They may give you a location of training during your initial verbal offer, and again on a confirmation email after your background check clears.I would assume they try to place you in a training class somewhat close to your stores region. My training class is about 3 hours away, but I know they have some closer to me than that, just depends when the classes are filling up/how soon you are needed.

raeserr in New Jersey

26 months ago

emxo in Evansville, Indiana said: They may give you a location of training during your initial verbal offer, and again on a confirmation email after your background check clears.I would assume they try to place you in a training class somewhat close to your stores region. My training class is about 3 hours away, but I know they have some closer to me than that, just depends when the classes are filling up/how soon you are needed.

It says that salary is effective 8/20. Is there any way that I could start training before that? I saw somewhere on the New Hire website with the 8/6 date. I was hoping that it was my training date. Also, I checked offer letter and there is no training location.

26 months ago

raeserr in New Jersey said: It says that salary is effective 8/20. Is there any way that I could start training before that? I saw somewhere on the New Hire website with the 8/6 date. I was hoping that it was my training date. Also, I checked offer letter and there is no training location.

If you didn't get any other emails after your offer letter you will probably just get the training confirmation email after your drug test and background check clear

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

raeserr in New Jersey

26 months ago

emxo in Evansville, Indiana said: If you didn't get any other emails after your offer letter you will probably just get the training confirmation email after your drug test and background check clear

Okay. Do you know how long it usually takes for the background check/drug test to clear? Thank you so much for your help!

26 months ago

You can call hire right and get a copy usually under a week if you do everything quick, my question is I justed called and asked for a copy just to see if I was good, I passed the drug test and my previous employment checked but my ending dates did not match what I provided, I'm kinda freakig out, do you guys think it will affect my chances of still working?

26 months ago

If you can verify all your information and were honest about every thing it can be very quick. My whole process lasted 5 days. I wouldn't be too worried about the ending dates, it is very easy to miss a date or two. My staffing manager told me to be as accurate as possible but did say it is common that people are a little off

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Okay:/ but by my high school I graduated it says "Closed-Not verified per client guidelines" any one else get this?

26 months ago

It probably means they couldnt reach anyone in the office because it is summer time, at least that is what i would assume

alirelan720 in Albuquerque, New Mexico

26 months ago

raeserr in New Jersey said: It says that salary is effective 8/20. Is there any way that I could start training before that? I saw somewhere on the New Hire website with the 8/6 date. I was hoping that it was my training date. Also, I checked offer letter and there is no training location.

Yay, I begin training 8/20, going to Phoenix do you know where you are training?

26 months ago

alirelan720 in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: Yay, I begin training 8/20, going to Phoenix do you know where you are training?

Have you gotten anymore details? I start 8/20 too but the onboarding team has not contacted me

alirelan720 in Albuquerque, New Mexico

26 months ago

emxo in Evansville, Indiana said: Have you gotten anymore details? I start 8/20 too but the onboarding team has not contacted me

No, my recruiter said I will not hear anything from them until the week of the 13th then they will give me all the details. Where are you going to train?

26 months ago

in lexington, what about you?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.