Applying to ATT Premises Technician position, I just have a couple of questions regarding the application of the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Hex94 in Columbus, Ohio

42 months ago

So I'm applying to an AT&T premises technician position in Columbus Ohio, a couple of the things you "must have" are

------
Valid state drivers license and non-negligent driving record

Meet 285lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions

------

In july of 2013, I accidentally rear ended someone at a very low speed (like 10-15MPH)... i paid the fines and did everything i had to do, i now keep enough distance between me and the car ahead of me for a whole semi-truck to get in....

also, in january of 2014 i got a speeding ticket going 61 in a 50MPH zone

is there a chance of me getting the job? I have a technical certification in customer support and basic networking, also i do computer repairs for cheap and worked for about 7 months doing technical support for Verizon FiOS. So i have a basic understanding of how the service equipment on the customers premises works

Also, i weigh about 302LBS... but i'm not all fat

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Hex94 in Columbus, Ohio

42 months ago

Thank you for any and all replies

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

matt5o5 in Savannah, Georgia

42 months ago

Hello Hex,

You posses all the right qualifications for the job but I think your driving record would be a deal breaker. Since premise/wire technicians are required to drive a company vehicle, you need a almost flawless driving record. Or at least a few years to buffer the incident and the application. I'm not saying that you shouldn't apply and try, but just know the chances are slim.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.