Background came back with misdemeanor

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Milly in Los Angeles, California

21 months ago

I just got a call from my HR rep regarding my background and unfortunately I have a misdemeanor that I was unaware of. She say it's from five years ago for driving on suspended license but I have a valid license now. I asked if it will affect my chances of being hired and she said she can't say yes or no because it's up to AT&T. I has anyone been in a similar situation and still got the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Danny in Miami Beach, Florida

21 months ago

Milly in Los Angeles, California said: I just got a call from my HR rep regarding my background and unfortunately I have a misdemeanor that I was unaware of. She say it's from five years ago for driving on suspended license but I have a valid license now. I asked if it will affect my chances of being hired and she said she can't say yes or no because it's up to AT&T. I has anyone been in a similar situation and still got the job?

Hey Milly, I wouldn't stress too much I went through the same exact thing about 2 weeks ago and my misdemeanor was only 2 yrs ago. I didnt disclose it cause i was never convicted, but like I said dont over stress, you'll be fine!

Jax in Jacksonville, Florida

21 months ago

Did you get the job?

21 months ago

Milly in Los Angeles, California said: I just got a call from my HR rep regarding my background and unfortunately I have a misdemeanor that I was unaware of. She say it's from five years ago for driving on suspended license but I have a valid license now. I asked if it will affect my chances of being hired and she said she can't say yes or no because it's up to AT&T. I has anyone been in a similar situation and still got the job?

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

21 months ago

Danny in Miami Beach, Florida said: Hey Milly, I wouldn't stress too much I went through the same exact thing about 2 weeks ago and my misdemeanor was only 2 yrs ago. I didnt disclose it cause i was never convicted, but like I said dont over stress, you'll be fine!

How did it work out? Let us know. Thanks.

Milly in Van Nuys, California

21 months ago

So my recruiter called and informed me that I had the misdemeanor and that I also had a court date coming up this month on the 22nd that i totally forgot about. I admitted to her that I was unaware of the misdemeanor because it was from so long ago and I also had no clue that a traffic ticket could turn into a misdemeanor and I also told her that my license is not valid because I recently renewed it. After explaining everything to her I asked if it would affect my chances of getting the job and she said she can't say yes or no and that she would tell att the info I told her and call me back. Of course my heart was racing at this point. After about thirty minutes she called back and asked if I could go to court sooner and get it resolved so that I could make it to the June 2nd training I told her I would try. Yesterday I went to court and asked to advance the case, saw the judge and got it taken off. I called to let her know but she didn't answer so I left a message I'm just waiting to hear back. I'll let u know what happens.

Danny in Miami, Florida

21 months ago

Hey guys I did end up getting the job. I start training on tuesday. Hope it works out for everyone

21 months ago

Congratulations

21 months ago

Milly in Van Nuys, California said: So my recruiter called and informed me that I had the misdemeanor and that I also had a court date coming up this month on the 22nd that i totally forgot about. I admitted to her that I was unaware of the misdemeanor because it was from so long ago and I also had no clue that a traffic ticket could turn into a misdemeanor and I also told her that my license is not valid because I recently renewed it. After explaining everything to her I asked if it would affect my chances of getting the job and she said she can't say yes or no and that she would tell att the info I told her and call me back. Of course my heart was racing at this point. After about thirty minutes she called back and asked if I could go to court sooner and get it resolved so that I could make it to the June 2nd training I told her I would try. Yesterday I went to court and asked to advance the case, saw the judge and got it taken off. I called to let her know but she didn't answer so I left a message I'm just waiting to hear back. I'll let u know what happens.

Good Luck

21 months ago

Good luck

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.