Can you still get hired with a dismissed drug charge on your record?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

JJ45 in Hollywood, Florida

53 months ago

i have already went through the entire hiring process and actually start in a couple of weeks. My friend got himself an interview very soon. He has a dismissed marijuana charge on his record from 2-3 years ago. Now im not sure if he mentioned it on his initial ATT application. From your experience and knowledge, would something like this affect his ability to get the job? Would it help if he mentioned it to his interviewers now? Or would it be a better idea to mention it when HIRERIGHT is doing his background check (if he gets the offer of course). Any help or input is appreciated, thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JJ45 in Hollywood, Florida

53 months ago

sorry, i forgot to mention he is going through the interview process for a part time position as an in-store sales person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jlhennessey in Waterville, Maine

53 months ago

If it really is "dismissed" it should not be on any record.. so that shouldn't be an issue. You should ask him if it was dismissed, expunged, sealed.. they are all different.. I have a dismissed charge for the same thing because there was marijuana in my dorm room, but the judge decided it was not mine, but my roomies. So in that case.. it never WENT on my record because it was never actually "convicted", therefore it doesnt come up on a background check. If that is similar to what happened to your friend, then no he does not have to say anything about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.