Got fired from Verizon now have Interview with AT&T

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Sean Michaels in Boston, Massachusetts

36 months ago

I recently got fired from Verizon due to Sales performance. I'm very capable of performing the job duties but had a bad 3 months straight personally which led to me getting canned. Any advice on how to approach the question of why I left Verizon if asked in the interview? I'm sure they don't want to hear that I got fire because of sales. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Malik in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

Sean Michaels in Boston, Massachusetts said: I recently got fired from Verizon due to Sales performance. I'm very capable of performing the job duties but had a bad 3 months straight personally which led to me getting canned. Any advice on how to approach the question of why I left Verizon if asked in the interview? I'm sure they don't want to hear that I got fire because of sales. Any advice?

Be open with them. if they ask tell them. But don't just tell them what happened. Let them know what you plan to do in order for that not to happen again. AT&T managers love it when you have a business plan. They do constant coaching on the weekly bases so realizing the problem is the first step. I myself was let go by BestBuy and during my interview i let them know what i plan to do. im currently waiting for the 6th for my first day of training, good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

Sean Michaels in Boston, Massachusetts

35 months ago

Thanks for your response. How long did it take to hear back from them after your interview?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Malik in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

about 2 weeks, they move very slow and space out their interviews. i know that before i walked out they assured me they were looking to make a decision pretty quick but even so it took nearly 2 weeks and a half for them to call me back. even then i still had drug test and back ground. Then on top of that i had wait time to the training process.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.