Great place to work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 116)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Justmaintaining in Atlanta, Georgia

69 months ago

Thanks again TR2008 in Georgia! Hey after getting through that interview of mine even though the interviewer was giving me both good and bad I was like whoah this is paid prison. It's like this I'm now with a company just as bad but more so unprofessional I don't even tell folks who I work for. I've known about AT&T for years and never thought I would be applying there but hey when you face hard times everybody look good..lol! I've learned the hard way about saving and believe me other than what has to be paid I will not be out there working OT and have nothing to show for it in case of an emergency like before. I just got the invite for another location here in Ga and that center was definitely off the chain. I had an interview there before for another position and the music was loud, people were talking loud the interviewer staring at me like she could eat me up. Oh well didn't get that job.....lol! I will go to the interview because that location is much closer to me than the one I actually would like to have. You said if it's meant to be it will happen and I'm sticking with that. I have been reading these horror comments about 6months wait and whoah that's crazy. I was hoping I would hear something soon because the interviewer did say class starts next month(Nov). I know you don;t really know but what in my previous comments give you the impression I may have been selected. I will not hold you to it if you're way off....lol! This is my first time applying for work in over 23 years so I;m knew at this...Thanks TR2008

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TR2008 in Georgia

69 months ago

Justmaintaining in Atlanta, Georgia said: Thanks again TR2008 in Georgia! Hey after getting through that interview of mine even though the interviewer was giving me both good and bad I was like whoah this is paid prison. It's like this I'm now with a company just as bad but more so unprofessional I don't even tell folks who I work for. I've known about AT&T for years and never thought I would be applying there but hey when you face hard times everybody look good..lol! I've learned the hard way about saving and believe me other than what has to be paid I will not be out there working OT and have nothing to show for it in case of an emergency like before. I just got the invite for another location here in Ga and that center was definitely off the chain. I had an interview there before for another position and the music was loud, people were talking loud the interviewer staring at me like she could eat me up. Oh well didn't get that job.....lol! I will go to the interview because that location is much closer to me than the one I actually would like to have. You said if it's meant to be it will happen and I'm sticking with that. I have been reading these horror comments about 6months wait and whoah that's crazy. I was hoping I would hear something soon because the interviewer did say class starts next month(Nov). I know you don;t really know but what in my previous comments give you the impression I may have been selected. I will not hold you to it if you're way off....lol! This is my first time applying for work in over 23 years so I;m knew at this...Thanks TR2008

Just the fact that they gave you all that info and it seems that you really want the job..When I got that interview with AT&T I wanted that job I claimed it and got it.. I had no negative thoughts at all about getting the job and next thang I knew bam I was working there..I can understand with how long yosau have not been in the job market soot its 5 years for me and still no job...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

TR2008 thanks again for the feed back! I do have other jobs lined up I was just asking so many questions about AT&T because they were the first to contact. I wish you well in whatever you have decided to do and I will keep you abreast on the status of my hiring process. Oh yeah one more ? Have you known of anyone being contacted a week prior to training?
Thanks!

TR2008 in Georgia

69 months ago

Justmaintaining in Atlanta, Georgia said: TR2008 thanks again for the feed back! I do have other jobs lined up I was just asking so many questions about AT&T because they were the first to contact. I wish you well in whatever you have decided to do and I will keep you abreast on the status of my hiring process. Oh yeah one more ? Have you known of anyone being contacted a week prior to training?
Thanks!

I DON'T KNOW PER SAY MYSELF.. BUT WITH AT&T ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN..

69 months ago

Hey TR2008 in Georgia You are funny but I understand why you say anything can happen with AT&T because anything can happen...lol! It's so amazing how the online requests for application, background authorization, testing and interview but nothing for the final decision. I was always told why would you want to work for a company that never return calls or reply back to an e-mail. AT&T is a large company and yes many folks applied but come on staffing unit make contact with folks even if it's a yes or no. Again it would make me a little ill to wait this long to say Thanks for your interest but we chose a more qualified candidate. Again anything with AT&T huh!

TR2008 in Georgia

69 months ago

Justmaintaining in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey TR2008 in Georgia You are funny but I understand why you say anything can happen with AT&T because anything can happen...lol! It's so amazing how the online requests for application, background authorization, testing and interview but nothing for the final decision. I was always told why would you want to work for a company that never return calls or reply back to an e-mail. AT&T is a large company and yes many folks applied but come on staffing unit make contact with folks even if it's a yes or no. Again it would make me a little ill to wait this long to say Thanks for your interest but we chose a more qualified candidate. Again anything with AT&T huh!

I can sympathize with that, like I said I am back in the job market myself after 5 years and it is awful how they treat someone thats applying for a job..And to not even give a call back to say "appreciate that you applied" is devasting.. During the 6 months that I have been out of work I really feel helpless and bothered by the fact that noone has picked me up right away...But again,I know that there are more and more people unemployed everyday.. I recently placed an application for a job with the a city position for like the utilies a simple customer service job and they don't have the respect to even drop a letter in the mail to say, ooh I don't know maybe "We are persuaing other canidates" it just makes a person feel unworthy to have to put yourself out there only to be rejected time and time again...Just a thought..Sorry I was having a venting spell..Hope things are well with your job search..

69 months ago

TR2008 in Georgia no need for apologizing because I've been there and I had the worst hardship last year til I don't wish it on my worst enemy. Someone we need to vent to those that can relate because others think um get a life until they are faced with the same issue. I'm not sure if you're still in Ga or not but have you considered Comcast/Verizon/T-Mobile and Wal-Mart. I know they all ahve the same mentality as AT&T but right now no one can afford to not work married or not. Careerbuilder.com is what I build a profile on and everyday I get new job postings. I tell ya it's hard for everybody and right now because I don't have children I need something I can make money and pray I can handle the stress just to get me caught up financially. We both will get a breakthrough soon!!!

Cliff Cosper in KILLEEN, Texas

69 months ago

Now, I would like to preface this by saying I worked for Cingular/At&t Wireless and gave them a below average review when I worked for them. After working for a competitor for a year and a half and getting more experience, I saw they had an Assistant Manager job available with At&t closer to my home. I have 3 years of supervisor/manager experience in wireless retail and applied for the position. I was told I was flagged as a non rehire. I gave two weeks notice when I QUIT. I was honest and told the company I was taking a supervisor position with a competitor. I was told the following morning that they accepted my resignation effective immediately because I was going to a competitor but the fact I gave notice would be noted. I accepted this resolution as fair, and it was an industry standard. I took the job, and have liked the company I went with. The Assistant Manager position with Cingular/At&t would be a promotion of sorts, so I was willing to give it another try. So, after I was honest and left the company with my conscience at peace, a year and a half later I am told that they have flagged me as a non rehire. They have marred my Employment history for NO reason. This is the most unethical company I have ever worked for. I have maintained an At&t account in which I have spent over a hundred dollars a month on even after I quit. My wife and I had At&t for years and had been relatively satisfied even though we knew how overpriced they were. I could have ported my wife's number to my employee plan with the competitor and saved 80 a month, but I didn't because I thought I have been a customer of At&t/Cingular for so long that I would stick with them. I did take my free phone and service with my new company but kept my family plan with my wife and dad on at&t. Because of their shady practices I will cancel my service with them ASAP. For a company held in such high regard it makes me want to puke knowing their true colors first hand. After this experience I am both gla

69 months ago

glad that I don't work for this company and soon will NEVER again pay for their subpar service. If they will outright lie about you about how you quit, mar your employment history, that should tell you all you need to know about this company.

69 months ago

Cliff Cosper, I understand how you feel because this has happened to me with another company and that is totally unethical. I'm sorry to hear what you've gone through, because if you left the proper way, it's nobody business what you were doing when you left unless it was criminal. A lot of time we make friends while at work so don't be surprise what was told or just said when you left that would make AT&T do such unethical stunt. I'm now waiting for a response to my BEI and it's going on the 3rd week. I was always told be careful working for a company that start off shady, becaus ethat's a sign that's how they will always operate. Due to the economy I will use common sense and refuse to allow any type of abuse if hired. I need funds to live but it's not worth abuse...hope things work out for you elsewhere.

Mike

69 months ago

Cliff Cosper in KILLEEN, Texas said: I QUIT.

You honestly expect a company that YOUR QUIT ON to go to a direct competitor to welcome you back with open arms. Get real bud, this is a tough world with and business is business.

You need to look in the mirror to see where the real issue is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Mike said: You honestly expect a company that YOUR QUIT ON to go to a direct competitor to welcome you back with open arms. Get real bud, this is a tough world with and business is business.

Mike, I see your point and you are so right. I was thinking that if the person left the right way it wouldn't matter but now reading your straight to the point comment...lol there is some truth to that. We do sometimes have to look at self because we are quick to put the blame on others. I'm sure that was not Cliff Cosper situation but hope things work out elsewhere.....Mike be kind :)

69 months ago

Hey Mike, I think that you should probably not rush to judgement on where any real issues lie. You don't know me. No form I signed said that if I quit and went to a competitor I could not be rehired. There was a form that said if you quit your resignation could be accepted immediately. I have no problem with the way we seperated.

But I was told:

1. that it would not effect my rehire status

2. That my personnel file would be noted that I left on good terms, which I did. I left with no animosity with any of my Supervisors. In fact they were happy for me because I was getting a better position.

3. I just feel that the HR department handled it in a sleezy, unethical manner. To be told one thing and the exact opposite be done is unethical.

I don't care at all that I can't work there. I was only applying to check out pay because the store was closer to my home by like ten miles. To be honest the pay would have to be substantially better because for a company that made the most profits in telecommunications last year has by far the worst insurance in the industry for their managers. Reps get excellent coverage because they are union. I have a friend since high school in management there for years and he told me the new insurance plan was like getting a pay cut.

My concern only lies in my future employment elsewhere. When they verify work history and call At&t they will be told yes I worked there and no I am not rehireable. Get my beef. It sounds like I was fired. HR recruiters won't tell them any specifics for fear of lawsuit.

All I expected from a company that preaches ethics in the workplace is some honesty in return.

Anyways thanks for your tremendous insight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

illinois celeb in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

mel luna in nowhere, California said: AT&T is the best job I've ever had. I'm educated and have been in sales for 5 years and I've never had the benefits and the guaranteed pay that I have at ATT. For the people who are reading this post, don't listen to these dorks, they sound like a bunch of whiners and little kids who've never really been out in the working world. Yes, ATT monitors every call you make ... its a little weird. I'm very anti-big brother myself, but it's totally understandable, since ATT *is* an equal opportunity employer, they want to make sure you aren't lazy or inappropriate. Its not a bad company to work for at all. I'm very happy at my job and I only have to work 40 hour weeks, the overtime is entirely voluntary and IT PAYS GREAT!!!!!

SALES IS A TOUGH BUSINESS, GET OVER IT!!!![/QUOT

LIES ALL LIES..the only truth in this statement is "IT PAYS GREAT." OT is MANDATORY and you will get fired if you don't do it. Now it seems that it is every day. People are getting fired left and right. 60% of the employees suffer from illness they didn't have before due to the unreasonable expectations that the company has. I have seen my coworkers pass out, they suffer from panic attacks, depression, migraines, high blood pressure, miscarriages, anxiety, and loss of hair. I seen the left side of my friends body become inoperable and the pass out and seize. Guess what, she had to come to work the next day or should would have been fired. I myself suffered from panic attacks. The pay was excellent and the benefits were superior but my life is worth more than $57000 a year. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike

69 months ago

Cliff how do you know that AT&T has labeled you as "Not Rehireable"? If you are basing this on the fact that they didn't rehire you that might be a inaccurate assumption.

You may very well be rehireable but the position you are seeking now may have a better qualified person to fill it. Perhaps I was a but gruff in my earlier post so if I was I apologize.

It's get me a bit wrankled when I here people running down a company just because they won't rehire them. Especially after the quit on the company and leave them for a competitor.

But again I ask how do you know that AT&T has given you that label?

69 months ago

I got someone I know to ask an HR rep.

69 months ago

Still waiting for a response from AT&T HR. I've made contact with an actual staffing rep and they were to get back with me last week and um it's now a going on a new week. Okay, is this a sign of YOU DIDN'T GET IT or is there anyone out there that went through this same thing but eventually got HIRED..

Mike

69 months ago

A couple of things are possible. The company may have pushed back scheduled training classes they were filling and as such have not extended offers to new hires. This way you wouldn't leave a job you might have and be without income until the class starts, which could be another 30-45 days, or longer. That might make you think twice about coming to the company.

OR, and I hope this is not the case...

You will not be receiving an offer. Hang in there and I am sure we'll all hope for the best.

69 months ago

Mike said: A couple of things are possible. The company may have pushed back scheduled training classes they were filling and as such have not extended offers to new hires. This way you wouldn't leave a job you might have and be without income until the class starts, which could be another 30-45 days, or longer. That might make you think twice about coming to the company.

OR, and I hope this is not the case...

You will not be receiving an offer. Hang in there and I am sure we'll all hope for the best.

Thanks for the information! I just wished that companies commnicate with candidates reagardless just like they do when they want you to complete all the online stuff instantly. The signs appear that I was not selected or maybe what you've shared is the case....all I ask is communicate AT&T.

Mike

69 months ago

I am sure it is frustrating. With the economy the way it is and corporations looking to run as lean as possible it's not a very good environment for the job seeker. Companies perhaps don't feel compelled to communicate like perhaps they should.

But to quote the Kate Bush/Peter Gabriel song "Don't Give Up".

69 months ago

LOL! I'm not giving up because AT&T is just one of many that I'm waiting on. I was just so focused on AT&T because of the successful BEI that was conducted and knew I would pass the drug screening and background. It's really frustraing when you do make contact with a staffing rep and being led as though they're checking on your status and they never respond back. It really lets me know that the staffing crew not that bright because they respond back with allllll their information like you can't track them down. Again do you know of any situation that a person was contact right before training?

JAC in San Antonio, Texas

69 months ago

Justmaintaining in Atlanta, Georgia said: Thanks for the information! I just wished that companies commnicate with candidates reagardless just like they do when they want you to complete all the online stuff instantly. The signs appear that I was not selected or maybe what you've shared is the case....all I ask is communicate AT&T.

AT&T doesn't communicate well even in a good economy. Right now, they are feeling the effects of the mess our country is in because its hitting their bottom line. For now, if you can get a job elsewhere, do it. You still may get an offer, but if you are depending solely on AT&T, you shouldn't. They do everything in AT&T time. Accept another job elsewhere and then if you get an offer, then you definitely have a job. But for now, don't depend on AT&T.

Mike

69 months ago

Frankly, no. It's my experience that the company will extend offers to fill training classes that are projected our 2-3 weeks. This give you a chance to give full notice to any current employers and make transition plans.

So for example if they are filling a class that is supposed to start on 11/17 offers for that class would likely have already been extended.

69 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: AT&T doesn't communicate well even in a good economy. Right now, they are feeling the effects of the mess our country is in because its hitting their bottom line. For now, if you can get a job elsewhere, do it. You still may get an offer, but if you are depending solely on AT&T, you shouldn't. They do everything in AT&T time. Accept another job elsewhere and then if you get an offer, then you definitely have a job. But for now, don't depend on AT&T.

Okay thank you!

69 months ago

Okay thanks for all the information provided.

Justmaintaining in Peachy State, Georgia

69 months ago

Mike said: Frankly, no. It's my experience that the company will extend offers to fill training classes that are projected our 2-3 weeks. This give you a chance to give full notice to any current employers and make transition plans.

So for example if they are filling a class that is supposed to start on 11/17 offers for that class would likely have already been extended.

Mike Mike....how about you were so right about beong contacted by HR two weeks prior to training and if no response possible there is no offer. I finally get this HR rep voice message and he initially tells me oh I looked at your application and there are more qualified candidates. I would have bought that one had I not gone through all the other requirements. I called back and stated to the HR rep I thought when a person is given an interview you've already gone through the application. The rep quickly shouted where there are thousand of applicants and I said that may be true but you did not interview a thousand. Oh my how about the call disconnected and since I didn't initially block my number my call is not being answered. I'm so like tripping because most of the negative comments have been comfirmed as of yesterday. Can somebody out there tell me how is AT&T hiring process really conducted...I would have understood if he had said there were other candidates that scored higher during their BEI process...PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT ACTUAL HIRING PROCESS THANKS!

69 months ago

TR2008 in Georgia said: I WAS A GEORGIA EMPLOYEE OF AT&T AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE THE JOB. HAVE FAITH IF ITS MEANT TO BE AND IN YOUR CARDS IT WILL COME. I TRY TO STAY POSITIVE AT TIMES WHEN LOOKING FOR A JOB ITS HARD WITH THE WAY THAT THE ECONOMY IS NOW AND THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN GEORGIA IS GOING UP HIGHER AND HIGHER.. CLAIM IT AND IF ITS MEANT TO BE IT WILL COME.. THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS ALWAYS HAVE A BACK UP PLAN .. I'M NOT AGAINST AT&T JUST THE WAY I WAS TREATED AS A PERSON BEFORE AND AFTER HAVING A BABY..BEST LUCK TO YOU..

Wow TR2008 I was really crushed on yesterday with the disturbing news and the reason of not being given an offer.......

jlo28 in Augusta, Georgia

69 months ago

I am so sorry justmaintaining.....guess that means I am in the same boat since I havent recieved a response from anyone in a week.

69 months ago

jlo28 in Augusta, Georgia said: I am so sorry justmaintaining.....guess that means I am in the same boat since I havent recieved a response from anyone in a week.

jl028 if you're applied for the Augusta area I don't think they've closed that announcement yet. The job I applied for has been closed but I wish you well. I can handle not being offered a job but the way HR responded was so unprofessional.

jlo28 in Augusta, Georgia

69 months ago

Just pray. People sometimes don't realize that it is tough being unemployed and when you know that you have had a great interview and still no job sucks. The economy is in such turmoil and jobs are few and far between. I will keep you in my prayers and I wish you all the best that life has to offer. There is nothing impossible with God. Nothing.

69 months ago

jlo28 in Augusta, Georgia said: Just pray. People sometimes don't realize that it is tough being unemployed and when you know that you have had a great interview and still no job sucks. The economy is in such turmoil and jobs are few and far between. I will keep you in my prayers and I wish you all the best that life has to offer. There is nothing impossible with God. Nothing.

jlo28 You are so right and thanks for the encouraging words. Fortunately I'm a strong person and this is not the end of the world. I was just shocked in the way the communication was conducted. Not only was the interview good I was given a verbal offer and that's why I kept trying to contact HR immediately after the BEI to confirm if verbal during the BEI was official. Anyway....this experience doesn't put a bad taste in my mind but it has taught me to not get too excited...lol!

TR2008 in Georgia

69 months ago

Justmaintaining in Peachy State, Georgia said: jlo28 You are so right and thanks for the encouraging words. Fortunately I'm a strong person and this is not the end of the world. I was just shocked in the way the communication was conducted. Not only was the interview good I was given a verbal offer and that's why I kept trying to contact HR immediately after the BEI to confirm if verbal during the BEI was official. Anyway....this experience doesn't put a bad taste in my mind but it has taught me to not get too excited...lol!

So sorry that it did not work out but consider that as a sign that this was not the job for you..May god bless you with the job that you know you deserve...I understand having your hopes up for a job and it not coming through I have been through that time and time again after I lost my job.. I just keep telling myself that I know things will get better...

69 months ago

TR2008 in Georgia said: So sorry that it did not work out but consider that as a sign that this was not the job for you..May god bless you with the job that you know you deserve...I understand having your hopes up for a job and it not coming through I have been through that time and time again after I lost my job.. I just keep telling myself that I know things will get better...

TR2008 Thank You!

69 months ago

For anyone who doesn't get a job at AT&T considered yourself blessed. For those of you who are working there and think those good benefits will continue past next April, think again. You can call me names or say I'm negative, whatever you want. But you will remember these words next April.

69 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: For anyone who doesn't get a job at AT&T considered yourself blessed. For those of you who are working there and think those good benefits will continue past next April, think again. You can call me names or say I'm negative, whatever you want. But you will remember these words next April.

In spite of my outcome I hope things don't get bad for those current employees but I do understand exactly what you're saying. I'm sure things happens for a reason and last year I went through too much to be faced with a company possible facing major issues that may impact me hardship again.

Amber Mitchell in Port Huron, Michigan

69 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: For anyone who doesn't get a job at AT&T considered yourself blessed. For those of you who are working there and think those good benefits will continue past next April, think again. You can call me names or say I'm negative, whatever you want. But you will remember these words next April.

I totally agree with you! Why anyone would want to get involved with this company right now is beyond me. But does anyone know what allllll we have at stake next April??

Mike

69 months ago

JAC what is the signifance of April '09?

69 months ago

Mike said: JAC what is the signifance of April '09?

The old SBC (KS, MO, AR, TX, OK, CA and the old Bell South, New England) will have all Union Contracts end and merged to AT&T. This is the time when negotiations to keep, remove, add are critical when these contracts end. AT&T may extend by "working without a contract" and wait til the AT&T contract ends, or just silently remove many benefits under the term eason "aquisition".
They are getting rid of most of the non-management employees, which in turn in numbers can break the union and you will have no say one way or the other or have a grievance procedure. The latter helps in case you have a rogue manager who just hates a person for whatever reason and wants them fired. Reasons for such may not be due to a business or employee reason but more of a personal reason. Don't kid yourself it doesn't happen, because it does. Yes, there are bad employees, but this procedure protects the good employees too.

Margie in Florence, Alabama

69 months ago

Donald Caldwell in Conway, Arkansas said: I've read your comments and I am very amused at what you had to say. You sound like you are new to todays work environments. This is a very competitive world that we live in. Most company cultures are very much as you described. It's all about the bottom dollar everywhere. Performance is the key to success. Reward and praise for the deserving are par for the course. It's tough but only perserverance can lead to success.

have you ever worked in bell hell? if not ..you don't have a clue. I am 52 years old and the 3.6 years I stayed there was a living nightmare. If you ask the workers, not managers, 90% hate their job, 90% will not report being hurt on the job because 1st time offense is a day off, the next offense is termination. One person's supervisor made him throw a lineman hammer and it came back and hit the tech in the mouth busting 2 teeth and eventually the tech had to have surgery. the two top managers did not report this event. this is not the average place to work.
if you have worked there you know it is like this unless you are a manager and you know they hide, steal, and let their pets get away with pornography, sexual harrassment and lies.

69 months ago

noname68 in Royal Oak, Michigan said: I have been offered a job at AT&T, My questions is about the limited term, they said the job is only going to be 3yrs but there would be room to move in a different dept. is this so ?

do you want to move to sales, they always have room there?

mel luna in nowhere, California

69 months ago

Well, I work at AT&T ...in sales... and I have all kinds of numbers and impossible metrics to meet and misrouted calls that are counted against me and you wanna know what's more stressful than working at AT&T? NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY YOUR BILLS!

I've had much much much worse jobs than anything I've seen at AT&T. Guess what most companies will do if you get sick and can't work? FIRED.

Forty hour weeks with overtime pay for more than 40 hours, paid holidays, awesome insurance benefits, designated holidays, one week vacation after 6 months of service, ERP days, breaks and lunches....jesus you people sound like you've never had to actually work. It's no wonder workers like me wipe the sales floor clean. Go work at Chevrolet or an appliance store or go be a retail manager somewhere and see what REAL work is about ...days off? Forget about it! And then after you've worked a real job, come back and whine at me about how "hard" AT&T is. I mean, God, I hate my job too, but it really isn't that bad.

And if you people wanted the union to be more effective in representing you, why don't you all work (there's that apparently dirty word again) collectively to STRENGTHEN the union instead of just whining about how it doesn't really protect you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

There was one young (yes young -38) who had to have heart bypass. The company told him to come back to work after 4 weeks though he wasn't released by his doc or get fired. (1) if the doc won't release a patient, the company can be sued and the patient or survivors can win big time (2) the guy couldn't do the work because he could not climb a damn pole! They fired him, he sued and won. AT&T was stupid in the 1st place.

TR2008 in Georgia

69 months ago

mel luna in nowhere, California said: Well, I work at AT&T ...in sales... and I have all kinds of numbers and impossible metrics to meet and misrouted calls that are counted against me and you wanna know what's more stressful than working at AT&T? NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY YOUR BILLS!

I've had much much much worse jobs than anything I've seen at AT&T. Guess what most companies will do if you get sick and can't work? FIRED.

Forty hour weeks with overtime pay for more than 40 hours, paid holidays, awesome insurance benefits, designated holidays, one week vacation after 6 months of service, ERP days, breaks and lunches....jesus you people sound like you've never had to actually work. It's no wonder workers like me wipe the sales floor clean. Go work at Chevrolet or an appliance store or go be a retail manager somewhere and see what REAL work is about ...days off? Forget about it! And then after you've worked a real job, come back and whine at me about how "hard" AT&T is. I mean, God, I hate my job too, but it really isn't that bad.

And if you people wanted the union to be more effective in representing you, why don't you all work (there's that apparently dirty word again) collectively to STRENGTHEN the union instead of just whining about how it doesn't really protect you?

You know mel luna you said on a blog a month ago that you were quote "Happy" now you say you hate your job.Which one is it? People have different lifestyles outside of work and I think that all the blogs that I've seen that are the "whining" blogs so you say, are talking about how they are being treated as people.If what motivates you no matter how you are being treated is being able to pay your bills than thats good. FOR YOU! Thats how you see things and I can't hate on you for that.That motivates really everyone. What I can't stand is how you make these bullheaded comments calling people whiners when you don't know what someone has gone through.You almost sound like a jerk!

TR2008 in Georgia

69 months ago

I also have a additional comment for Mel luna..Why is it that with your high education that you said you had a month ago, you haven't became a manager by now? You come off to me as someone that thinks like so many Coaches I've met at the company I worked for..I just find it so strange that a person of your statue after a whole FIVE years has not applied to be a coach.

69 months ago

TR2008 in Georgia said: I also have a additional comment for Mel luna..Why is it that with your high education that you said you had a month ago, you haven't became a manager by now? You come off to me as someone that thinks like so many Coaches I've met at the company I worked for..I just find it so strange that a person of your statue after a whole FIVE years has not applied to be a coach.

Wow! TR2008 I don't work the company as you know already, but you are so right about at least being further up within in the company. Not everyone wants to be in management or not management material but there are other positions that will allow you to show your skills wuthin five years. I'm not a person that complains about certain situations that I don't agree with but I wouldn't talk down what another person feels. Whinning about how someone has had a bad experience was a little too much even though some people do Whine about nothing because they don't wanna work. We have to be mindful that money is not everything and I say that to say I was making over $60k without a degree and because Georgia is an at will state...I'm seeking work. I don't wish anything bad for anybody but remember April 2009 is approaching and AT&T decision will impact a lot of WHINNING people including the person making the statment of those WHINNING. I know we don't all agree with some of these comments but let's put ourselves in some of these situations before we start calling names. I didn't get hired for a recent position with AT&T and I'm kay with that even after knowing I was one of the best qualified based on skills and BEI discussion. I'm mindful that I'm not the only one that's good there's somebody that AT&T was more fit but I'm not calling them names that's offensive:::::Okay some unprofessional hiring reps:::: lol! Well that's why this is called a FORUM and we'll all entitle to out opinion. Have A Great Weekend! Don't forget to put Sales on hold and go VOTE!!!!!

69 months ago

mel luna in nowhere, California said: Well, I work at AT&T ...in sales... and I have all kinds of numbers and impossible metrics to meet and misrouted calls that are counted against me and you wanna know what's more stressful than working at AT&T? NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY YOUR BILLS!

Ive had many jogs before that had better insurance, they gave sich days and off days when kids were sick, and you are right its good to know you can pay your bills and have a lovely vacation. But my point was refuse to treated like a robot when there are so many companies out there that do care about their employees. My standard of living is quiet high but my self respect and my dignity are a lot higher than the 50 grand I made at At&T.

Mike

69 months ago

And for that reason nobody is chained to their desks, cubicles, sales areas, technician vehicles, etc. AT&T has been around for over 100 years, if they are such a horrible places to work, treat their employees so badly, cause the mental and emotional trauma that all these whiners on this board say they do how is it that I know many people who have put in 20, 25, 30, and one person nearly 45 years with the company?

So it wasn't the job for you....move on. Don't run down a company because your expectations or personal demands didn't fit their needs. They have a business to run and customers to deliver to. If you can't do it they will find someone who will, and rightfully so.

The whiners and complainers that I see on this board will, for the most part, only be satisfied working for themselves. They have a problem with authority, are not team players, don't understand the dynamics of business and in particular the telecommunications business; one of if not THE most competitive, growing, and financially stable industries in America.

When was the last time you heard CNBC or Fox Business Channel say the Telcos are in trouble? They're downsizing, laying off, closing call centers, etc. NOT because of a merger or acquisition, but as a result of slumping sales? You haven't, and people that work in this industry, particularly the wireless side of AT&T or Verizon, or any other wireless carrier should thank their lucky stars they have a job in that industry and quite whining.

You could be a banker, a stock trader, a real estate agent, a car salesperson...talk to them about job stability, long hours, weekend work, the LONG TERM OUTLOOK.

Sorry but this is my Monday rant....grrrrrr.

69 months ago

Mike said: And for that reason nobody is chained to their desks, cubicles, sales areas, technician vehicles, etc. AT&T has been around for over 100 years, if they are such a horrible places to work, treat their employees so badly, cause the mental and emotional trauma that all these whiners on this board say they do how is it that I know many people who have put in 20, 25, 30, and one person nearly 45 years with the company?

So it wasn't the job for you....move on. Don't run down a company because your expectations or personal demands didn't fit their needs. They have a business to run and customers to deliver to. If you can't do it they will find someone who will, and rightfully so.

The whiners and complainers that I see on this board will, for the most part, only be satisfied working for themselves. They have a problem with authority, are not team players, don't understand the dynamics of business and in particular the telecommunications business; one of if not THE most competitive, growing, and financially stable industries in America.

When was the last time you heard CNBC or Fox Business Channel say the Telcos are in trouble? They're downsizing, laying off, closing call centers, etc. NOT because of a merger or acquisition, but as a result of slumping sales? You haven't, and people that work in this industry, particularly the wireless side of AT&T or Verizon, or any other wireless carrier should thank their lucky stars they have a job in that industry and quite whining.

You could be a banker, a stock trader, a real estate agent, a car salesperson...talk to them about job stability, long hours, weekend work, the LONG TERM OUTLOOK.
Sorry but this is my Monday rant....grrrrrr.

Hey Mike,
I just had to reply back because I went around the bush to get to a point you made very clear.......People need to move on and not run down companies because it didnt work for them.

Mike

69 months ago

Thank you Just....obviously I feel better now. :) The mocha to my right seems to have kicked in!

69 months ago

Mike said: Thank you Just....obviously I feel better now. :) The mocha to my right seems to have kicked in!

I worked for a company just like people are saying AT&T operates. I did my duties and never got into drama with management neither my co-workers. The rules were crazy and I didn't agree with all but I still did what was ask of me. We have to be mindful when we apply for a job we are given descriptions of the job. However if you are not given descriptions ask before you take it just because it pays good. Again move on and not make people think the entire agency is bad because of an isolated experience. Corporate America ain't playing...I know improper english but we gotta work and stop nagging about things we really can't change. I was done wrong last year on my job and faced hardship but I don't make others feel the agency as a whole was corrupted. Anyway, no agency gonna do everything to make us happy. I just thought in my earlier comments that person being called a WHINER was harsh, but after I realize it means to complain...I understand better why it was said. I'm not sayng settle and take abuse but it's hard finding work and if you're working make the best of it. You All Enjoy Your Week!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.