Great place to work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 116 of 116)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

twallace135 in Fitzgerald, Georgia

67 months ago

what questions should i look for on the entry test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charnae-n-SC in South Carolina

66 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: Most of us that started out with AT&T/SBC back in the 1970's have seen how the company has gotten worse since Ed merged with AT&T and now he is no longer there. I was amazed at all the people on antidepressants by the time I retired. All the newbies who get on and think its a wonderful company, I give them 6 mos to a yr and they will be gone. They'll find out soon enough. I was glad to get out a couple of years ago retiring. I had just enough time to get out. Otherwise, I would have had a heart attack by now had I stayed.

absolutely!!

Hopeful in Cali in Sacramento, California

63 months ago

Am looking for a HR contact for the new Reno, NV call center. I have successfully passed the assessment tests and qualified to be in the source pool, but have no contacts to follow-up with. It has been 4 weeks since my last contact and want to continue to indicate my interest in the position. I would greatly appreciate any feedback for current at&t employees who could provide some contact information.
Sincere thanks!

Hopeful in Cali in Sacramento, California

62 months ago

KC Fan in California said: Justmaintaining: this interviewer was dead on about the culture and expectations of AT&T. I have been a manager at AT&T for almost 20 years and she is absolutely correct. If you have young kids and a spouse that stays home or has a part-time job, then it could work. If you are honest, hardworking and don't expect anything from a company other than a paycheck, then it could work. If you don't mind being micro-managed and given construction criticism on a daily basis, then it could work. Bottom line, the pay is decent, the hours can be long (overtime is mandatory sometimes), the benefits are good for non-management employees, there is tuition reimbursement if you want to go back to school and have the time to do so. If you decide to accept the job, just go in with a plan. Plan to stay there 3-5 years, move around to different departments, and then move on. AT&T trains it's employees well and other companies know that, so you would be very valuable once you leave the company. Keep in mind, there are no benefits (in most states) for 1st 6 months, you cannot call in sick or take vacation for 1st months, and with gas prices being so high - a split shift may be a problem if you live far away. Good luck and go for it if you can deal with the criteria the interviewer gave you because she is totally correct!!!

To KC Fan in California......Do you have any insight into the call center in Reno, NV. I applied back in February and have gone through assessment testing being told I qualified for their source pool. It's been a month since I've heard anything. The only contact I have is in Sacramento and they know nothing about what's happening in Reno. Do you have any contacts in Reno so I might follow up? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blondiegrl in Berea, Ohio

62 months ago

I currently work at an AT&T competitor -cough-cable-cough- and when a co-worker told me that she'd been offered $14 an hr at AT&T over the $11 I make now, I was interested. I applied and have received my "invitation". I plan to go to the interview and testing etc., but if they can't meet the $14 per hr, I see no reason I should leave where I've been for just 7 months to unlearn all that/endure more training and a benefits waiting period and have all new stress!

So far as "quotas" - we're expected to have our "handle time" to 7 minutes average, our hold times and "wrap" times to a certain number as well. We're expected to sell on EVERY CALL for our QA scores. Our calls are monitored or "pulled" by random supervisors for scoring, and we have coaching weekly.

I think the "big brother" mentality is in ANY sales-driven business now. It has to be that way. No, employees shouldn't suffer for that and there are days when I feel even where I am, that too much emphasis is put on "getting that sale", but hey, as we say there "It is what it is"... take it or leave it right?

I'm going to weigh my decision once the interview/testing process is done. If I had better transportation to where I work now, I would probably not even consider leaving. My car is on its last leg and the AT&T job would allow me to take a (long) bus ride at least. Oh, and split-shifts on a routine basis? Uh,no. I live 20 miles away.

Mindy in Friesland, Wisconsin

61 months ago

Donald Caldwell in Conway, Arkansas said: I've read your comments and I am very amused at what you had to say. You sound like you are new to todays work environments. This is a very competitive world that we live in. Most company cultures are very much as you described. It's all about the bottom dollar everywhere. Performance is the key to success. Reward and praise for the deserving are par for the course. It's tough but only perserverance can lead to success.

AT&T is offering zero per hour for experienced sales people to go door to door in Wisconsin, on the premise that if you sell a bundle pack you make $93. After you burn your car out and pay for all your own gas. If this is the company of the future, I'm glad I'm getting my pension soon. Your bottom dollar mentality is strictly for butt kissers, not my style. Furthermore, the guy managing the outside contractor for AT&T (EMS)is a criminal. Perserverance can lead to success, but morals and ethics are still important to some people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

whirlybird68 in Zachary, Louisiana

34 months ago

mel luna in nowhere, California said: AT&T is the best job I've ever had. I'm educated and have been in sales for 5 years and I've never had the benefits and the guaranteed pay that I have at ATT. For the people who are reading this post, don't listen to these dorks, they sound like a bunch of whiners and little kids who've never really been out in the working world. Yes, ATT monitors every call you make ... its a little weird. I'm very anti-big brother myself, but it's totally understandable, since ATT *is* an equal opportunity employer, they want to make sure you aren't lazy or inappropriate. Its not a bad company to work for at all. I'm very happy at my job and I only have to work 40 hour weeks, the overtime is entirely voluntary and IT PAYS GREAT!!!!!

SALES IS A TOUGH BUSINESS, GET OVER IT!!!!

Optional overtime, that is a joke and an outright lie. We have been working 48-50 hrs a week for 2 years now. We are wrote up for adherence if we do not show up for all scheduled mandatory overtime. Happy does not describe me or any of fellow sa's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mdhanasene

18 months ago

Hey Mel Luna. I'm doing a search on what it's like to work for ATT because I'm applying in Chicago. I was getting concerned with all the negative posts and yes I agree with you whining but was refreshed to read your post....Maybe because I'm from California too (Live in Chicago now). Any suggestions to getting hired here? My Career Counsellor asked me to write a paragraph on why I want to work at AT&T. Do you still work there? And if so are you in Sales and if so what department? Would you mind if I ran my resume and cover letter by you too? Thanks!

QUOTE who="mel luna in nowhere, California"]AT&T is the best job I've ever had. I'm educated and have been in sales for 5 years and I've never had the benefits and the guaranteed pay that I have at ATT. For the people who are reading this post, don't listen to these dorks, they sound like a bunch of whiners and little kids who've never really been out in the working world. Yes, ATT monitors every call you make ... its a little weird. I'm very anti-big brother myself, but it's totally understandable, since ATT *is* an equal opportunity employer, they want to make sure you aren't lazy or inappropriate. Its not a bad company to work for at all. I'm very happy at my job and I only have to work 40 hour weeks, the overtime is entirely voluntary and IT PAYS GREAT!!!!!

SALES IS A TOUGH BUSINESS , GET OVER IT!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kimmi0427

17 months ago

jr in Austin, Texas said: It's a great opportunity if you can stand CONSTANT scrutiny and monitoring and criticism. If not, then don't bother, you'll end up spending more time at the shrink's office than at work! I'm not kidding, this place is HELL if you're not used to a constant pressure sales environment, because no matter what you sell, it's never good enough and you never did it right. Your manager monitors every single call, both audio and visually, then calls you in and shows it to you on his computer while he picks it apart. And then there's the ridiculous kiddie games they play, like giving you balloons to post on your cubical if you sell something, so that if you have a whole bunch of balloons, you get all this praise, while your neighbor who may only have one, is made to feel like ___t! Stupid, idiotic games like that, all day. And yeah, you can transfer after you've been there long enough, but don't think you're gonna get out that easy, because all the operators and all the other employees who have more seniority are going for those jobs, too at the same time! I know what I'm talking about, I worked for Southwestern Bell (SBC, AT&T) for 10 years and I ended up in the customer service position because
surplusconditions dontdoit![/QUOT

Hi! i just applied for Cstmr Service Rep and Customer Assistant. i have a tele conference interview next week for the Cstmr Serv. Rep. Can someone tell me the difference in these 2 positions? After reading these posts, I'm assuming the Rep job is SELLING and the Customer ASSISTANCE job is troubleshooting? Can someone clarify this for me? thx!!

CanadianEgo2013

16 months ago

I just got a job from ATT and I am working next week. But i just wanted to know is it worth it. I mean, I'm not good in sales but what are the hours and expectations. Im a newbie

evajackson55@gmail.com

15 months ago

stay clear away from this company, they treat u like a number and not a person; while they sit in their big offices and think of all these stupid rules that your have to follow. The money isn't even good anymore, make less and be happy turn around and run, I am currently an employee for this company, and nobody is happy anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bs90 in Shreveport, Louisiana

14 months ago

ive been working under sprint for a year as android technical support. this has been the most stressful job for representatives, supervisors, and upper management. ive heard everyone complain. sprint service SUCKS EVERYWHERE. i am an at&t customer and anytime i have dealt with reps it has been great. i am going through the hiring process with at&t now and hopefully will get the confirmation that i am hired soon. sprint is using something called "network vision" meaning upgrading towers to LTE and better service as an excuse as to why they are crappy. frankly im tired of lying to customers everyday. i feel bad now so there is nothing wrong with seeking better employment and i think its great that you all are seeking a new job. i can say experience tells all. dont base your judgement by others experience. what may work for some may not work for you, visa versa....

Pregnant in my last 10weeks in Atlanta, Georgia

12 months ago

TR2008 in Georgia said: I WAS A GEORGIA EMPLOYEE OF AT&T AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE THE JOB. HAVE FAITH IF ITS MEANT TO BE AND IN YOUR CARDS IT WILL COME. I TRY TO STAY POSITIVE AT TIMES WHEN LOOKING FOR A JOB ITS HARD WITH THE WAY THAT THE ECONOMY IS NOW AND THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN GEORGIA IS GOING UP HIGHER AND HIGHER.. CLAIM IT AND IF ITS MEANT TO BE IT WILL COME.. THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS ALWAYS HAVE A BACK UP PLAN .. I'M NOT AGAINST AT&T JUST THE WAY I WAS TREATED AS A PERSON BEFORE AND AFTER HAVING A BABY..BEST LUCK TO YOU..

I will be going in for a interview and if offered the csr position I will be in my last 10 weeks of pregnancy. Will I loose my job for not disclosing this is information and do you think that I would still have my job after I give birth?

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

11 months ago

Pregnant in my last 10weeks in Atlanta, Georgia said: I will be going in for a interview and if offered the csr position I will be in my last 10 weeks of pregnancy. Will I loose my job for not disclosing this is information and do you think that I would still have my job after I give birth?

You will have a high chance of losing the job due to absence of training. I would definitely recommend disclosing this information or change available ble start date on application

avaldez90280 in Modesto, California

5 months ago

CCR I in Atwater, California said: I have been with AT&T for a little over 3 months and it is BY FAR, the WORST job that I have ever had! One of the tech managers at the call center that I worked for died of a heart attack.

I can deal with customers calling up and yelling and cussing. Honestly, I sympathize with the customers as AT&T treats it's customers the same way that it treats it's employees.

While working there, I encountered an overwhelming number of politics with managers being extremely unprofessional. There seems to be this whole "Selling the Dream" Psychological mumbo jumbo that the management pushes on their employees from Day 1 that "You Too Can Become an AT&T Manager!" but based on what I've seen it's about who you know, who you party with, and who you sleep with in the building.

When you walk in that door, you sell your soul to AT&T. Once you are there and in training, they can place you in ANY department based on the "needs of the business ". They also require Mandatory overtime during certain events AND change your schedule as little as 2 days in advance without as much as a "Sorry for the Inconvenience".

The managers there are some of the most unprofessional that I have ever encountered and seem to get some type of sadistic pleasure in lying to your face! The Union is a joke and just seem to take your money but do very little to improve the work enviornment in return.

If anyone is considering working for AT&T, good luck with your decision but please be aware of what you are getting yourself into!

I went in there asking for H.R.'S # and they gave me a # that keeps hanging up on me the security guard was told to give me the wrong # uuufff i drove to Atwater for nothing, can you give me a# so i can call and reach H.R. please

avaldez90280 in Modesto, California

5 months ago

I went in there asking for H.R.'S # and they gave me a # that keeps hanging up on me the security guard was told to give me the wrong # uuufff i drove to Atwater for nothing, can you give me a# so i can call and reach H.R. please

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.