HireRight Process...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Curious in Oakland, California

39 months ago

I've read in some posts that they require a 5 year check..and some say 10 years..which is correct?

Also, do they check 5/10 years to the day(ie. June 9,2006 - June 9, 2011) or 5 years in general (ie. Jan 2007 - present).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in San Jose, California

39 months ago

I got my results 2 weeks ago. It was a 5 year check on job history.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Oakland, California

39 months ago

John in San Jose, California said: I got my results 2 weeks ago. It was a 5 year check on job history.

Was it from January 2007-June 2011 or June 2007-June 2011??

ta1985

36 months ago

anony
did you disclose the misdeamenor on the job application and hireright forms? Just curious why the rescinded the offer as i am pending background for att

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

anony

35 months ago

ta1985.

Dont know if this will be of any help to you 13 days later. Hopefully all has gone well & youve already moved forward & got the job.

No I didnt disclose it, because up until I saw the report myself, Id completely forgotten about it. It was an unfortunate event that happened 7 years ago but Id moved on with my life. Im not one to focus on the past. So in all honesty Id completely forgotten about it & didnt list it. I figured if there was anything, that theyd find it anyway.

One of the last conversations I had with the Hiring recruiter after Id jumped through a million hoops for them & successfully getting the background check corrected, she told me that disorderly conduct charge still doesnt fall within their "hiring guidelines" She also made a point of mentioning that I also failed to disclose the charge. I told her flat out it wasnt intentional & it was 7 years ago for crying out loud & I didnt purposely leave it out. So I dont know if that was her way of telling me because I failed to disclose it is also why they didnt hire me.

I did put an owi charge from 4 years ago & a couple misc traffic charges. Which they didnt even show up, just the owi.

My advice, they told me they dont like anything that has anything to do with a violent offense, even if its something as simple as a misdemeanor, which disorderly conduct does fall into. Unless they end up changing the years they go back, I wouldnt put anything about it if its older then 7 years.

Being honest is a good policy, but when youre dealing with uncaring unsympathetic jerks like AT&T who will hold anything & everything against you involving any violence, regardless of the circumstances, extenuating or not, dont screw yourself by being upfront about it as long as it happened over 7 years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ta1985 in Sacramento, California

35 months ago

I posted it in another thread but they rescinded my offer. I disclosed it and they acknowledged I disclosed it before the job offer. However, they said they appreciate honesty, but they would have to rescind the offer at this point. The HR recruiter cut the conversation as quick as posible and redirected me to this rescided letter I would receive which I never did receive. It is a shame that a great company like ATT would discriminate against mistakes from years ago and not take into consideration that people change and learn from these past mistakes... Oh well...

anony

35 months ago

Yeah, it is very unfortunate. They act like youre trying to get into the some high government position. Mind telling me what it is they didnt hire you over?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Slimdonutpimp in Titusville, Florida

35 months ago

anony said: Yeah, it is very unfortunate. They act like youre trying to get into the some high government position. Mind telling me what it is they didnt hire you over?

I just Got an offer today for a Premesis Tech job and was told to submit for the background check and call her back, so I submitted my background info and called her, she said she was looking for a closer area to my home for me to take a physical examination and she would call me back I did disclose that I had some some speeding tickets 2 that where actually binding one that was dismissed in court but I disclosed all that info. All of those tickets where rediculous 5-9mph over and I have taken the driver improvement course but nevertheless on my record. I am afraid this will keep me from getting the job considering that the position would be driving a company vehicle. Anyone know of any getting hired with speeding tickets on their record?

ta1985 in Auburn, California

35 months ago

Ya I did when I had a job offer from Liberty Mutual. The hr rep explained to me they weigh the tickets based on severity and that standard speeding tickets were one point and that the company had a ten point cut off. However, I had a wet reckless which was worth 10 points alone.

i would imagine for a couple of speeding tickets you should be fine unless you have close to 10...

ta1985 in Auburn, California

35 months ago

anony said: Yeah, it is very unfortunate. They act like youre trying to get into the some high government position. Mind telling me what it is they didnt hire you over?

I got a Reckless driving violation 2 years ago. It is a misdemeanor charge with informal probation, but no jail time just fines and my license was suspended for 3 mos. The way that the dmv background check reads is suspended license but license valid and because the reckless driving charge was enhance with "wet" not a dui the HR rep handled it like a dui. When you receive any alcohol related driving violation in california they add some V.C. that states that I am aware that driving impaired can lead to the death of another person and that i understand the penalties that will come with such crimes... I was told to explain that to HR and reiterated how i had already stated everything there is to be stated.

I know I am rambling (but I am just so frustrated how people can pay for their crimes and then keep paying for them by discrimination from companies...) but HR again said "oh, ya you did..." and then the famous "we really appreciate Honesty, but..." Whatever...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Slimdonutpimp in Titusville, Florida

35 months ago

ta1985 in Auburn, California said: Ya I did when I had a job offer from Liberty Mutual. The hr rep explained to me they weigh the tickets based on severity and that standard speeding tickets were one point and that the company had a ten point cut off. However, I had a wet reckless which was worth 10 points alone.

i would imagine for a couple of speeding tickets you should be fine unless you have close to 10...

Did the job at Liberty Mutual involve driving a company vehicle?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.