HireRight work history check?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 237)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

ThatGuy in Austin, Texas

16 months ago

So I am kind of in the same boat as someone stated above. When I originally applied with AT&T I did not have a current resume so I had to base it from memory since I have been with my current employer for 3 years. I guessed on most of the dates and salary but now I am worried on what will come of this when I start the hireright process. What will happen if I only give my current employers info to hireright, will they be able to locate where I worked previous to that all on there own? I am not trying to hide anything, I just dont remember he exact dates of employment because I kind of bounced around a little previous to my current job. I really dont need anything holding up this process. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miya Ray in Atlanta, Georgia

16 months ago

Hireright will only verify what jobs you listed but it must match your application. Any discrepancies will be flagged. If its off by a few months you should be fine but if your dates of employment are off by years then that's when you should worry. Hireright will check every job you listed on the background check and they will only verify the dates you worked and possibly pay. I've had plenty of jobs and been fired a few times that AT&T doesn't know about. I wish everyone good luck. Have fun in training and don't slack off. It's a pretty easy job and the pay is great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aldebaran422

16 months ago

I start training Monday! What should I expect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California

16 months ago

Well I nailed the one on one interview. Just waiting on the email to let me know if I've been accepted. One of the supervisos said sometimes the longer it takes the better, which is nerve racking. I'm confident I got this, the prem tech job I'm applying for is in an area where they are building 3 new garages, do they are hiring over 50-60 people. Which is awesome, this job will change my life forever, I am 25 and intend to stay here until I retire, working my way up through the company. Once I get this, me and my wife will be able to finnaly move out on our own and fully support ourselves. She is a leasing administrator by the beach so we have a place ready to go within walking distance of the sand and pacific coast highway, waiting on my new income that will relocate us. I will be the best, hard working, honest, awesome employee they've seen in a long time. Ready to busy my ass and price I'm a worthy member of the company. Having all my friends and family pull together and hope and pray that I get the job, and my minor job history discrepancies are ok....

The supervisor that interviewed me LOVED me, he practically came out and said ill be getting the job, if anyone has any questions about the interview, let me know,

Last question. As stated above, should I hunt down my previous employer dates to make sure they are absolutely on the money, to enter on the hireright form? Will the differences between that and my résumé be something of great concern? I hope that if I DO this, the HR for ATT will ask me why they are different and let me explain, instead of just rescinding my offer because of "dishonesty" reasons. Why can't this process be over already!!! Lol, never been so stressed out in my life, my future is on the line. Thanks for any answers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California

16 months ago

Btw my current job has been my job since August 13th of 2008. Which is just 4 months shy of 5 years. People on here keep saying that they only go back 5 years, which will make this the only job in the last 5 years to list, some day 7, which then worries me because the small jobs here the dates are off will have to be disclosed, can someone please confirm if the hireright form says 7 or 5 years????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThatGuy

16 months ago

I just completed my hireright info last night and it only requested the previous 5 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Philip in Hemet, California

16 months ago

ThatGuy said: I just completed my hireright info last night and it only requested the previous 5 years.

Thank you so much good sir, you have eased my mind more than I can ever express. I have spent so much time recently stressing over whether or not to pay for w-2 copies, call jobs over 5 years ago, in order to make sure my job start and end dates were correct. Thank you again I really do appreciate it so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThatGuy

16 months ago

Not a problem at all...I was in your same situation, and kind of still am. I have worked for a competitor for three years now but was unsure of the dates I worked previous. But its all done now, just gotta wait and see what happens lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Watty in Baltimore, Maryland

16 months ago

can anybody give me a idea of how long the background check takes? I submitted all of my information and the urine test 2 days ago. I think i may have been off with my pay for my previous job with comcast which was back in 2010 but maybe a few cent. will that effect me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThatGuy in Austin, Texas

16 months ago

Hireright took about 10 business days to complete all of mine. As far as the being of on pay I would not worry about it, I guessed on my hire dates and pay and still had no issue. Just sit back and relax and you should receive the call sometime next week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aldebaran422 in Glendale, Arizona

16 months ago

It's only been two days be patient. It takes a few days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fresh_HireTX in Lewisville, Texas

16 months ago

HireRight took 5 business days to complete my background check. They contacted me personally to clear up two discrepancies, which basically had to do with income.

HireRight is extremely thorough, and this is why AT&T contracts with them. If you are off by just a few weeks on employment dates it's probably not going to be a questionable issue; if however, you are off by a few months, it's going to be marked as a discrepancy. They will probably call you and give you an opportunity to correct it, but that's not a guarantee. They called me on my two discrepancies because I didn't fill in a blank; by speaking with them and providing them what they needed it all checked out in the end.

I've heard the background checks being completed in as little as 3 days, and as long as three-four weeks. It all depends on how quickly they are able to verify your application information. If they have to call around and look for the right person to speak with, or wait on return calls, it could take longer to expedite the process.

Either way, double check all of your personal information and be prepared to answer their calls. If they call they generally only give you 48 hours to submit the missing information to them.

Stay positive, but be on your toes and be ready.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

I just filled out my papaerwork for Hireright today The questions consisted of :Have you lived in Puerto Rico within the last 7 years" and "have you lived at the same address for the last 7 years" they also ask for one reference with email address. My concern is I had a felony conviction way back in 1996 for something I had nothing to do with but was terrified and stupid and listened to the attorney and pleaded guilty just to have to pay 9000.00 in resistution which I did. So the BIG QUESTION is will hireright find out about this one thing. The application that I filled out online clearly said "Within the last seven(7) years have you been convicted of a felony" I marked it no because that is the truth. Any serious thoughts would be appriciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

No, they won't find out IF it was back in 1996 AND you answered no on the application. This is a major loophole in background checks done by third-party companies. Report back so that others with similar criminal histories won't stress. This company is good enough to specify "within the last 7 years," so, based on what you've described, you've answered truthfully.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeans Betty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California said: No, they won't find out IF it was back in 1996 AND you answered no on the application. This is a major loophole in background checks done by third-party companies. Report back so that others with similar criminal histories won't stress. This company is good enough to specify "within the last 7 years," so, based on what you've described, you've answered truthfully.

Yep it was in 1996 and I have feared it ever since even tried to have it expunged and they wont but I find it strange that I have done background checks on myself and they never say a word about it and I have worked with two other retail companies and they do backgrounds as well and there was no problem there. But what still concernes me is that Ive heard HireRight goes back seven years but then again Ive heard they go back ten years I went to there website www.hirerightexpress.com and read that most fortune 500 companies only do 7 years backgrounds because the cost of going super in depth cost alot of money like 100 per applicant. I have also went to PACER and looked up my court case from 1996 and found nothing. I just hope all turns out well cause I really need this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

I would bet money that I'm right and that you'll be okay. Please post back to confirm.

Frankly, I find it irresponsible for companies to only go back 7 years for felonies. If I were hiring, I would like to know if an applicant had murdered someone 10 or 15 years ago and not just within the last 7 years. But, if these employers don't feel the same, then, oh, well. No need for people who've made mistakes in the past to worry themselves sick over this.

You should be given an option of whether you want a copy of the results of your background check report. ALWAYS SAY YES. You want to make sure that the information being reported is correct because if it's not, it COULD cost you a job. Employers may or may not tell you that there was something specifically in the background check that caused them to choose someone else. So as long as the background check company is offering you a courtesy copy, please take it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

Think about it, Betty, logically. In your worst case scenario of them going back 10 years, so what. The application only asked for 7. You answered honestly the question posed on the application. The end. Save your worrying for something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California said: Think about it, Betty, logically. In your worst case scenario of them going back 10 years, so what. The application only asked for 7. You answered honestly the question posed on the application. The end. Save your worrying for something else.

Well I should know something within ten days. I just hope all goes well. You seem to know a great deal about how these things operate do you have a background in human resources. I really appreciate your positive thoughts on this. The one thing that puzzles me is why would an employer put on there applications "have you been convicted of a felony within the last 7 years" but yet allow a company such as HireRight to go back ten or more years, is that illegal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

I've been an office manager, but that was well before third-party bgc companies entered the picture. I've also had to hire people for a small business I once ran, but I've never held the title of human resources. My husband is in upper management, but he too is on a level that surpasses what today is considered "human resources."

As many would agree, when you're unemployed, you have a lot of time to think. I choose to use some of this down time to educate myself on different issues. When I received a copy of my bgc report recently, it made me curious. I looked up lawsuits filed against these companies and learned a lot.

If I had a felony record, I would actually apply to companies using these third-party bgc companies because they are restricted as to how deeply they can look into your record. I personally would disregard that 10-year thing. It's all about the application. The app said 7; you answered appropriately for 7. That's it. Even if they were to go looking up to 10 and found something, I truly doubt they would hold it against you. You are not required to give extra information not asked for on the application. That would be foolish. They want you to be foolish.

Good luck. I'm sure you aren't slowing down applying other places.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California said: I've been an office manager, but that was well before third-party bgc companies entered the picture. I've also had to hire people for a small business I once ran, but I've never held the title of human resources. My husband is in upper management, but he too is on a level that surpasses what today is considered "human resources."

As many would agree, when you're unemployed, you have a lot of time to think. I choose to use some of this down time to educate myself on different issues. When I received a copy of my bgc report recently, it made me curious. I looked up lawsuits filed against these companies and learned a lot.

If I had a felony record, I would actually apply to companies using these third-party bgc companies because they are restricted as to how deeply they can look into your record. Good luck. I'm sure you aren't slowing down applying other places.

When I lived in California, I was in the securities industry. No one who answered Yes to have you ever been convicted of a felony was ever hired. It was not a company policy it was a bonding requirement by the then NASD.

Now I have also worked in other industries where no background check was done; they just said they did one. Construction for example is field rife with felons.

Remember the old HR joke: Even Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer had jobs. When Ted Bundy was asked if ever had ever been convicted of a felony, he said, "Convicted? No, never convicted". LOL!

Currently many large companies use 3rd verifiers and the depth of the background check depends on the profession and the company. I have two former employers that have outsourced all employment verifications to a 3rd party verifier.

As for the future of background checks, I am sure that they will just scan our foreheads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: When I lived in California, I was in the securities industry. No one who answered Yes to have you ever been convicted of a felony was ever hired. It was not a company policy it was a bonding requirement by the then NASD.

Now I have also worked in other industries where no background check was done; they just said they did one. Construction for example is field rife with felons.

Good ole' Facebook. I was recently contacted by someone from FB who I knew from high school. Long story short, he was 5 years clean and sober; spent 2 as a supervisor on a construction site and is now part of the production crew on an extremely well-known medical drama television show. He's one of those people who likes to post pictures of himself with famous celebrities.

What was he doing between high school and 5 years ago? Oh, just in and out of prison for drug sales, possession, assaults, and other things he said he'd rather not talk about because he hadn't been "caught." Through it all, this guy managed to keep his model good looks, and he talks a good game. Those two things will get you everywhere, even with a felony or 30, especially here in Cali.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: When I lived in California, I was in the securities industry. No one who answered Yes to have you ever been convicted of a felony was ever hired. It was not a company policy it was a bonding requirement by the then NASD.

Now I have also worked in other industries where no background check was done; they just said they did one. Construction for example is field rife with felons.

Remember the old HR joke: Even Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer had jobs. When Ted Bundy was asked if ever had ever been convicted of a felony, he said, "Convicted? No, never convicted". LOL!

Currently many large companies use 3rd verifiers and the depth of the background check depends on the profession and the company. I have two former employers that have outsourced all employment verifications to a 3rd party verifier.

As for the future of background checks, I am sure that they will just scan our foreheads.

So is that what HireRight is considered, a third party verifier? And I have always wondered why do some company applications ask to go back 7 years, some ask to go back 10 years and others just ask have you EVER been convicted of a felony. Guess it all boils down to cost. Thanks for your insight BlueTea is was helpful. Can you imagine being John Wayne Gacys supervisor LOL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California said: Good ole' Facebook. I was recently contacted by someone from FB who I knew from high school. Long story short, he was 5 years clean and sober; spent 2 as a supervisor on a construction site and is now part of the production crew on an extremely well-known medical drama television show. He's one of those people who likes to post pictures of himself with famous celebrities.

What was he doing between high school and 5 years ago? Oh, just in and out of prison for drug sales, possession, assaults, and other things he said he'd rather not talk about because he hadn't been "caught." Through it all, this guy managed to keep his model good looks, and he talks a good game. Those two things will get you everywhere, even with a felony or 30, especially here in Cali.

Well I live in lil ol Kentucky where everybody is in everybody's business. But even here we have so called upstanding citizens that have more skeletons in there closet than a graveyard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

This is why people should always get a copy of these reports: ftc.gov/opa/2012/08/hireright.shtm. Here is a $2.6 million suite against HireRight.

Google is my friend, but when trying to get information on any topic, I try to stay away from sites that have any political bent. I want to know the facts without any opinion to cloud things up. Court case information is really helpful because they include references you can look up.

When people say that Big Brother is watching, I say he's not watching as closely as he has the capability to....depending on who you are, that could either be a good thing or a bad thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

*suit* - grammar check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California said: This is why people should always get a copy of these reports: ftc.gov/opa/2012/08/hireright.shtm . Here is a $2.6 million suite against HireRight.

When people say that Big Brother is watching, I say he's not watching as closely as he has the capability to....depending on who you are, that could either be a good thing or a bad thing.

Big Brother is watching and he is Google.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Big Brother is watching and he is Google.

You are so sharp, Blue! I cannot argue that.

I went to the library a few weeks ago and was startled that libraries don't have very many useful books in them anymore AND they open at 11:00 in the morning. You're kind of forced to go online for your research. Even the university libraries are slim pickings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: So is that what HireRight is considered, a third party verifier? And I have always wondered why do some company applications ask to go back 7 years, some ask to go back 10 years and others just ask have you EVER been convicted of a felony. Guess it all boils down to cost. Thanks for your insight BlueTea is was helpful. Can you imagine being John Wayne Gacys supervisor LOL.

I think so. There are a number of them now. If someone were to call my last employer for an employment verification, they would just get another phone number to call: theworknumber.com., one of the largest commercial verifiers.

Many large companies have outsourced this function to 3rd parties for two reasons: 1. Cost 2. Legal distance. Someone reading off a screen can't say anything really bad (or good) about you, if they have never met you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California said: You are so sharp, Blue! I cannot argue that.

I went to the library a few weeks ago and was startled that libraries don't have very many useful books in them anymore AND they open at 11:00 in the morning. You're kind of forced to go online for your research. Even the university libraries are slim pickings.

I am in marketing. Look for bookstores, magazines and newspapers to go the way of the telephone booth and the steagosaurus. Newsweek went all digitial a few months ago and US News and World Report went a few years ago.

I use to sell Yellow Page advetising but you can't even give it away now.

As for privacy and the tin foil hat crowd, Google (heh!) Katherine Albrecht and RFID chips. Very scary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

If I were an employer, I would simply use the application that says "Have you EVER been convicted of a crime." That way I would have people with misdemeanors AND felonies VOLUNTARILY revealing their ENTIRE criminal histories.

Whenever I've seen that question on an app followed by something like "this won't necessarily disqualify you from the position," I think, yeah, right. You answer yes, and you're done. No one's going to give you a chance to explain, not in this market when there are too many other applicants with no criminal histories.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California said: You are so sharp, Blue! I cannot argue that.

I went to the library a few weeks ago and was startled that libraries don't have very many useful books in them anymore AND they open at 11:00 in the morning. You're kind of forced to go online for your research. Even the university libraries are slim pickings.

E-publishing will soon kill off conventional publishing houses as fast as the VCR killed off drive-in theatres.

I think our libraries are open at noon and closed on Saturday. Some of them have become havens for the homeless which upsets a lot of parents who use libraries as free, after school babysitters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California said: If I were an employer, I would simply use the application that says "Have you EVER been convicted of a crime." That way I would have people with misdemeanors AND felonies VOLUNTARILY revealing their ENTIRE criminal histories.

Whenever I've seen that question on an app followed by something like "this won't necessarily disqualify you from the position," I think, yeah, right. You answer yes, and you're done. No one's going to give you a chance to explain, not in this market when there are too many other applicants with no criminal histories.

You would think that all companies would do just that but I think that do to "legal" issues they choose to play safe. But I also believe that good people make silly mistakes and if they have turned there lives around and have become upstanding citizens that pay there bills and want to work for what they have then they should not be punished for something that happened 7 years 10 years or 30 years ago. Alot of employers and background check companies want to play judge and jury when they in many many cases are overlooking what could be a great employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: You would think that all companies would do just that but I think that do to "legal" issues they choose to play safe. But I also believe that good people make silly mistakes and if they have turned there lives around and have become upstanding citizens that pay there bills and want to work for what they have then they should not be punished for something that happened 7 years 10 years or 30 years ago. Alot of employers and background check companies want to play judge and jury when they in many many cases are overlooking what could be a great employee.

They would like to do just that but then it gets a big media runup and they hate that even worse. For example:

abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/08/wells-fargo-fires-employee-for-stealing-a-dime-in-1963/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California said: Whenever I've seen that question on an app followed by something like "this won't necessarily disqualify you from the position," I think, yeah, right. You answer yes, and you're done. No one's going to give you a chance to explain, not in this market when there are too many other applicants with no criminal histories.

I feel that same way when they ask me when I graduated high school?

Shall I let the computer disqualify me or shall I wait until they actually see me come in the door. Heh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

Applications that only asks applicants to go back 7 years are giving people with felony records an enormous break.

As an employer, I would want to know if someone I wanted to hire murdered someone 8, 16, or 32 years ago. With the type of application Betty and AT&T employees are filling out, I don't get to know that. I don't get to know if they just got out of prison 9 years ago where they were locked up for 25 years. I don't get to know that some of those convictions were armed robbery even though I'm considering to hire them to manage my store. My sympathy has limits. I think there are giant loopholes those with felony records can take advantage of that were not available before.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Bakersfield, California

15 months ago

How do you guys feel knowing that when you turn your social security number and all your personal information over to these potential employers to do these background checks that they're using companies like HireRight and ADP who actually turn your personal info over to workers based in India?

That's right. Not only are American jobs going to other countries, but so is your private data. I cannot believe this country is really serious about security when we allow this type of thing to go on. Who's running background checks on those guys? It really ticks me off. Can I get an Amen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

OK I am on day 5 of this background check with HireRight and I have heard nothing. No call from HireRight No call from the employer HR dept. and I am due to start this job next week. I dont know if this is a good thing or bad thing. If I have the rug pulled out from under me at the last minute, Im going to be wicked mad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota

15 months ago

Hi Folks: Was reviewing your comments as I too am notice. I turned in all of my paperwork Saturday, no urine test yet and they want me to start on Monday, the 29th! Geez, I would hate to start and then have them "find something" they don't like and then let me go! I am on unemployment and if they do that it would really screw me up! Betty: any news for you? Comments anyone? Suggestions would be much appreciated! Oh yeah: does anyone know if you start a job in the "middle" of the week - does unemployment "pro-rate" your pay for that week???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota said: Hi Folks: Was reviewing your comments as I too am notice. I turned in all of my paperwork Saturday, no urine test yet and they want me to start on Monday, the 29th! Geez, I would hate to start and then have them "find something" they don't like and then let me go! I am on unemployment and if they do that it would really screw me up! Betty: any news for you? Comments anyone? Suggestions would be much appreciated! Oh yeah: does anyone know if you start a job in the "middle" of the week - does unemployment "pro-rate" your pay for that week???

Hi
Still no answer so I emailed my "new employer" HR and informed them that I had completed my background and drug screen but have not heard of any results They returned a email saying that they would contact hireright and find out what was taking so long. Im still confused cause my application clearly ask "have you been convicted of a felony within the last 7 years" which the answer is NO but I have had some people say thats as far as they will go and some say they will go much further. As far as you unemployment goes I can anser that. You will be prorated based on how much you earn from your new job and that amount will be deducted from you unemployment...for example if your unemployment was 400 every two weeks and you earned 100 they would only pay you 300 on your next check but they will want to confirm if you are full time or part time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota

15 months ago

Hi Betty: I kept a copy of my initial application notice and am pasting here as the employment verification notes as well as the criminal history info so you should be good. However, I am concerned as one fellow stated in this forum he was let go after he started? I wonder if I should tell my recruiter I am unable to start until they are certain everything has been completed?

(3) Employment History
(a) In the past five (5) years, are any of the dates of employment listed on the
individual's resume/ application inaccurate by more than two (2) months?
(b) For significant employment (more than two (2) years), a minimum of two (2)
reference checks from former supervisors shall be completed with satisfactory
performance (no negative performance regarding performance relating to skill and/or
tenure with company) relating to professional skill and/or job specific skills, i.e. what a
person brings back to the project.

(4) Criminal History
(a) Does the individual have any felonies recorded in the last seven (7) years?
(b) Does the individual have any non-vehicle related misdemeanors within the past seven
(7) years?
(c) Does the individual have any pending judgments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota

15 months ago

Also, with the unemployment question: I was not clear - my claims are filed a week late so let's say I start a job next Wednesday - will UI pay me for Monday and Tuesday as I was legitimately NOT working until Wednesday? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota said: Hi Betty: I kept a copy of my initial application notice and am pasting here as the employment verification notes as well as the criminal history info so you should be good. However, I am concerned as one fellow stated in this forum he was let go after he started? I wonder if I should tell my recruiter I am unable to start until they are certain everything has been completed?

(3) Employment History
(a) In the past five (5) years, are any of the dates of employment listed on the
individual's resume/ application inaccurate by more than two (2) months?
(b) For significant employment (more than two (2) years), a minimum of two (2)
reference checks from former supervisors shall be completed with satisfactory
performance (no negative performance regarding performance relating to skill and/or
tenure with company) relating to professional skill and/or job specific skills, i.e. what a
person brings back to the project.

(4) Criminal History
(a) Does the individual have any felonies recorded in the last seven (7) years?
(b) Does the individual have any non-vehicle related misdemeanors within the past seven
(7) years?
(c) Does the individual have any pending judgments?

So is this what hireright uses in there background checks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota said: Also, with the unemployment question: I was not clear - my claims are filed a week late so let's say I start a job next Wednesday - will UI pay me for Monday and Tuesday as I was legitimately NOT working until Wednesday? Thanks!

When you file every two weeks for your check they always ask in the last two weeks have you worked and if so how many hours when you answer that question yes then a 2nd question will pop up and ask how much were you paid, when you answer that then they will deduct that much from your next check

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SomeGuy in Homewood, Illinois

15 months ago

Theatre girl in Chicago, Illinois said: I just printed my complete background check. Everything is verified but some of the dates are off, should I be worried about this? 2 of the jobs were very short-lived and I underestimated the employment term. Will this cost me a job? Everything else looked good and some of the notation is hard to read, but I guess the most important part would be the verification of employment, salary and dates.

@Theatre Girl

What ended up happening with your offer? Im kinda going through something similar and would like any insight that you can provide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

Day 12 and I still know nothing. I actually called Hireright myself and ask waht the problem was and after being transfered a few times the guy just said that all they were waiting on was my county criminal check. I even said that all that was ask of me on the application was felony convictions in the past 7 years which is a big NO and he stated that they were told to go back indefinatly. Dont think Im going to worry about a 12.50 job when Ive been offered another thats completed there background. Hireright clearly is subpar in BC Checks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SA in Brick, New Jersey

15 months ago

I just took the drug screen and physical on Monday and offer is contingent on passing that and the background check from hireright. They have already asked for my most recent job w2 a few days ago and now at almost 8pm on a friday they email me and want the w2 from a job I held 3.5 years ago...how far back do they do this for employment, should I have another one ready for the job I had before that and how do I get the IRS to fax it to me so fast??? thanks for any and all advice. Once they complete this part how much longer did you wait and when you are all saying contact the HR rep, do you mean with AT&T? Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota

15 months ago

SA in Brick, New Jersey said: I just took the drug screen and physical on Monday and offer is contingent on passing that and the background check from hireright.FThey have already asked for my most recent job w2 a few days ago and now at almost 8pm on a friday they email me and want the w2 from a job I held 3.5 years ago...how far back do they do this for employment, should I have another one ready for the job I had before that and how do I get the IRS to fax it to me so fast??? thanks for any and all advice. Once they complete this part how much longer did you wait and when you are all saying contact the HR rep, do you mean with AT&T? Thanks again.

First off they should not be asking for your W-2 if your employment checked out. You are allowed a "mistake" of reporting employment if you are No More Than 2 months off with no repercussions. In addition, if you filed your taxes you should have a copy of your W-2 as your are always given two of them when the employer sends them out - they are required to do that yearly by 1/31 for the prior year to file your taxes in the present year....Check your prior years' tax returns - your accountant should have stapled your secondary copy in your tax filing paperwork. I myself passed with flying colors...other than the fact that I now have a later start date b/c they lost my SSN verification I sent 8 days ago and I had to resubmit today....bum system ladled with mistakes, for sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota

15 months ago

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota said: First off they should not be asking for your W-2 if your employment checked out. You are allowed a "mistake" of reporting employment if you are No More Than 2 months off with no repercussions. In addition, if you filed your taxes you should have a copy of your W-2 as your are always given two of them when the employer sends them out - they are required to do that yearly by 1/31 for the prior year to file your taxes in the present year....Check your prior years' tax returns - your accountant should have stapled your secondary copy in your tax filing paperwork. I myself passed with flying colors...other than the fact that I now have a later start date b/c they lost my SSN verification I sent 8 days ago and I had to resubmit today....bum system ladled with mistakes, for sure.

P.S. Everyone: I have worked in HR for over 25 years and I have NEVER been asked to provide my W-2?!!! This seems seriously ludicrous to me - I would suggest going back to your original hiring manager and/or recruiter that initially offered the position to you to have them verify whether this is truly a requirement of obtaining the job? If it is just a matter of following up with your prior employer's to verify data - then you should do it....W-2's give tooooo much info and it should only BE IN YOUR HANDS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

15 months ago

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota said: P.S. Everyone: I have worked in HR for over 25 years and I have NEVER been asked to provide my W-2?!!! This seems seriously ludicrous to me - I would suggest going back to your original hiring manager and/or recruiter that initially offered the position to you to have them verify whether this is truly a requirement of obtaining the job? If it is just a matter of following up with your prior employer's to verify data - then you should do it....W-2's give tooooo much info and it should only BE IN YOUR HANDS!

HireRight has put me thru hell Im on day 13 and they still havent got my BC check finished and that includes me calling them myself. I ready to walk away from this job offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fresh_Hire in Lewisville, Texas

15 months ago

The HireRight background check is pretty intense - and arguably defies common sense on some level.

However, you guys need to understand that AT&T is one of the largest employers in the world, with 330,000 employees. Just imagine the number of applicants that put in for the hundreds of jobs that come out every single day that have to be filled. AT&T probably figures that if you have yourself together as a candidate, or at least willing to get yourself together enough to organize past experience to so that it can be reported back to them as accurately as possible, then you're probably a solid candidate for them to consider.

On the flip side, if you're going to get upset, riled up, or bent out of shape because you cannot endure the 2-3 week background process, then they figure there are at least a hundred others who will be willing to endure the process. As much as it sucks and seems unfair, ludicrous, and down right ridiculous... it's their system and you have to weather it to get your foot in the door.

So, it's simple: you filled out the initial application because you wanted to work for AT&T. You somehow got past God-knows-how-many-other applicants to earn an interview, a second and maybe even a third interview before getting to this point. So now you're going to give up after coming this far, just because your intimidated by a little waiting and some paperwork to help them verify who you are and what you say is your work history?

Come on people... just do what you have to do and get through the process. Hundreds of others would die to be where you are at this point in the process. Change your outlook; look at the bright side of things. If working for lesser of a company with fewer opportunities for advancement seems better to you because you don't have to "wait..." then go for it. Give your spot up for someone else.

AT&T is a great opportunity...but you already know that.

Be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.