HireRight work history check?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 238)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

Fresh_Hire in Lewisville, Texas said:
On the flip side, if you're going to get upset, riled up, or bent out of shape because you cannot endure the 2-3 week background process, then they figure there are at least a hundred others who will be willing to endure the process. As much as it sucks and seems unfair, ludicrous, and down right ridiculous... it's their system and you have to weather it to get your foot in the door.

Its everybody's system today. You either put up with it or starve. If you don't want the job, there are a hundred more who will play the accordian naked to get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

Just to be on the safe side when I go to the IRS Monday morning I am going to get all the w2's I can and send them and I am going to call my recruiter just in case. I have a family member that does say it is odd they want w2's though as they do not have start and end dates of employment. Does credit history or credit scores count against us to be hired? anyone know? Thanks everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bis Yap in Bronx, New York

21 months ago

SA in Brick, New Jersey said: Just to be on the safe side when I go to the IRS Monday morning I am going to get all the w2's I can and send them and I am going to call my recruiter just in case. I have a family member that does say it is odd they want w2's though as they do not have start and end dates of employment. Does credit history or credit scores count against us to be hired? anyone know? Thanks everyone!

I don't think so... My credit history sucks and I've just been hired. I begin the sixth of May. Good luck...

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

How long did it take for the background to be done? I have only been waiting a few days but they did tell me 5-7 business days. I guess the drug screening results have already been completed and that definitely came up clean.

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

Bis Yap in Bronx, New York said: I don't think so... My credit history sucks and I've just been hired. I begin the sixth of May. Good luck...

Congrats on the start date! how long did you wait from the time you drug screened and began the background check? I took drug screen already and think they began the background Monday.

Bis Yap in Bronx, New York

21 months ago

It was three days from the day I filled out the background check info for Hireright. I completed the drug screening the next day and two days later I got a phone call and was told I was clear to put my two weeks at my current job.
Thanks....

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

I guess it is just a waiting process for me then. I have already been asked once for w2's beginning of week and again on Friday for another job. Hopefully I get them tomorrow and then find out the status soon enough, thanks so much.

starlight1897 in East Orange, New Jersey

21 months ago

Hi, I just have a few questions about the HireRight process. I was recently given the "conditional" offer of employment. The final offer is pending the results of my background check. I'm not worried about criminal, or education checks, but my concern is the information that they can get from my previous employers. I wanted to know if they will know whether or not I was fired, or are they just checking to see if I worked where I said I did(dates of employment, salary.) I have been terminated before, and I don't want that to hinder me getting this job. I've been looking for a full-time job for a long time, and I don't want to have gone through this whole long process, just to get rejected for some mistakes that I made when i was young and stupid. I also want to know if I answered 'no' to the question about moving violations incorrectly, if that will also impact the final decision. I got 2 of those traffic light camera tickets(running a red light).

Please someone help me. I'm scheduled to start on May 20, and I am soooooo nervous.

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota

21 months ago

Starlight: Your reason for termination is not supposed to be "public info" and should not be released in the best of circumstances... re: the employer can say it was "termination of employment" but cannot elaborate on the circumstances surrounding the "termination" so it's anybody's guess. The only info they are allowed to release is your dates of employment, salary (if you signed a release) and the term date. That being said - a larger organization would most definately honor the rules - however, if you worked for a smaller organization and the point of contact you gave is "uninformed" well then anything goes but it would be hard to prove.

As far as the moving violations: it is my understanding with my application and through this forum that the only concern was a felony criminal history going back 7 years...however, Betty did say hireright was checking her county background too - so it's hard to say. I think the overall issue here is it is a waiting game and the decision to hire you is ultimately on the hiring manager . So, like the rest of us, we just have to "grin and bear it" and hope for the best. Good luck - and don't stop applying because you never know - if this doesn't work out it might be for the best and something better may come along!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota said: First off they should not be asking for your W-2 if your employment checked out. You are allowed a "mistake" of reporting employment if you are No More Than 2 months off with no repercussions. In addition, if you filed your taxes you should have a copy of your W-2 as your are always given two of them when the employer sends them out - they are required to do that yearly by 1/31 for the prior year to file your taxes in the present year....Check your prior years' tax returns - your accountant should have stapled your secondary copy in your tax filing paperwork. I myself passed with flying colors...other than the fact that I now have a later start date b/c they lost my SSN verification I sent 8 days ago and I had to resubmit today....bum system ladled with mistakes, for sure.

I did not have any of my w2's as lost everything I own in the hurricane but I am going to go to the irs office locally this afternoon at lunch and then get them the info they need to complete the BG check. They already asked at the beginning of it last week for w2 and most recent pay stub of current job so now they want them for the job I had 3.5 years ago so hopefully I can get them today and this can move the process forward...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

starlight1897 in East Orange, New Jersey said: Hi, I just have a few questions about the HireRight process. I was recently given the "conditional" offer of employment. The final offer is pending the results of my background check. I'm not worried about criminal, or education checks, but my concern is the information that they can get from my previous employers. I wanted to know if they will know whether or not I was fired, or are they just checking to see if I worked where I said I did(dates of employment, salary.) I have been terminated before, and I don't want that to hinder me getting this job. I've been looking for a full-time job for a long time, and I don't want to have gone through this whole long process, just to get rejected for some mistakes that I made when i was young and stupid. I also want to know if I answered 'no' to the question about moving violations incorrectly, if that will also impact the final decision. I got 2 of those traffic light camera tickets(running a red light).

Please someone help me. I'm scheduled to start on May 20, and I am soooooo nervous.

I am going through the process as well and all I can offer is that you should have all your w2's ready in case, go back a number of years too. I was asked for them for a job I had 3.5 years ago so I am making certain and going back 7 years just to be safe so I have all info they may need to complete this soon. Good luck

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

SA in Brick, New Jersey said: I am going through the process as well and all I can offer is that you should have all your w2's ready in case, go back a number of years too. I was asked for them for a job I had 3.5 years ago so I am making certain and going back 7 years just to be safe so I have all info they may need to complete this soon. Good luck

You want to save not only your W-2s but really a complete history of employment, including all your pay stubs. Put it in a safe deposit box.

My sister had to "prove" that she once worked for a bank that had gone bankrupt. She had all her pay stubs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Gagill in Monticello, New York

21 months ago

SA in Brick, New Jersey said: I am going through the process as well and all I can offer is that you should have all your w2's ready in case, go back a number of years too. I was asked for them for a job I had 3.5 years ago so I am making certain and going back 7 years just to be safe so I have all info they may need to complete this soon. Good luck

Why are they asking for W-2s?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Usually to prove salary history or as employment verification.

Many companies don't do this anything more and outsource this to 3rd party verifiers but that brings with it, a whole new set of problems.

I'm just wondering that even if it is verified via a phone call that the new employer also wants absolute hard copy proof? You know where I'm going with this of course.

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

Mr Gagill in Monticello, New York said: I'm just wondering that even if it is verified via a phone call that the new employer also wants absolute hard copy proof? You know where I'm going with this of course.

No phone calls unless your last employer was Leo's Typewriter Repair. Very few companies will divulge that type of information over the phone anymore. Its a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Mildred in Personnel retired to Florida a long time ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: No phone calls unless your last employer was Leo's Typewriter Repair. Very few companies will divulge that type of information over the phone anymore. Its a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Mildred in Personnel retired to Florida a long time ago.

Noooo. Alot of companies still give salary and dates of hire by phone. It's this Blue I'm talking to or her crazy little sister?

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

the letter they sent says this "Documentation that verifies your starting and ending dates of employment for Wells Fargo. Acceptable forms of documentation may include W-2 forms, pay stubs and/or 1099 forms."

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

Mr Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Noooo. Alot of companies still give salary and dates of hire by phone. It's this Blue I'm talking to or her crazy little sister?

Only East of the Mississippi. Many companies are prohibited from giving that info out over the phone. My last company won't tell you a thing about me. They will give you the phone number of their 3rd party verifier. They won't tell you anything either - not until they verify that you are a legitimate business.

And she is my crazy older sister.

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

SA in Brick, New Jersey said: the letter they sent says this "Documentation that verifies your starting and ending dates of employment for Wells Fargo. Acceptable forms of documentation may include W-2 forms, pay stubs and/or 1099 forms."

I think it is still illegal to ask for a real tax return. Course, they can change that next week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

21 months ago

Well here I am on business day 10 and still have heard nothing from my so called new employer or hireright, and this is with me even calling hireright and asking them to expedite the BC request. Did a little investigation of my own and it turns out hireright as multi law suits against them for supplying false info and for. I think they ask for WAY WAY WAY to much info and with the threat of id theft I dont feel confortable giving out any more info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

starlight1897 in East Orange, New Jersey

21 months ago

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: Well here I am on business day 10 and still have heard nothing from my so called new employer or hireright, and this is with me even calling hireright and asking them to expedite the BC request. Did a little investigation of my own and it turns out hireright as multi law suits against them for supplying false info and for. I think they ask for WAY WAY WAY to much info and with the threat of id theft I dont feel confortable giving out any more info.

Wow, that's way too long. They told me that it should only take 3-5 business days. that's a long time. But you know what, they don't care, because at the end of the day, they know that you still need a job, and in order to get in the door, this has to be done. So unfortunately, if you don't have any other offers coming your way, my advice to you is to just be patient. Have you checked your status online? That may help. I do agree that asking for W2's and pay stubs is a lil personal, because they are a BACKGROUND CHECK company. Why can't they find this information? This is my first experience with HireRight, and hopefully, it's my last. The only thing you can do is provide the info that they request, because if not, and they still can't verify, that job offer can be rescinded.

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky

21 months ago

Well boys and girls Im thru with this joke of a 3rd part BC check company called Hireright. I sent an email to my "future employer" stating that I needed an answer today and that it has been ten days. I have other positon offers that I owe an answer to. They sent back a note that it would be TWO MORE DAYS. I called Hireright for the fourth time and ask what was the problem and that I wanted an answer being that this was my life they were dealing with. People they are the rudest most arrogant people I have ever dealt with in my life RUDE RUDE RUDE. I hung the phone up and sent a second email back to my so called future employer and informed them of the horrible way I was spoken to and that they should reconsider using a company such as Hireright which gives a whole new meaning to UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! I even took the time to pay 55.00 to one of the most respected background check companies in the united states INTEGRASCAN and had my full nation wide and state background report back in five days. I just emailed that to my so called employers corp hr dept.

HIRERIGHT IS NOT PROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

21 months ago

ButterBeansBetty in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: Well boys and girls Im thru with this joke of a 3rd part BC check company called Hireright. I sent an email to my "future employer" stating that I needed an answer today and that it has been ten days. I have other positon offers that I owe an answer to. They sent back a note that it would be TWO MORE DAYS. I called Hireright for the fourth time and ask what was the problem and that I wanted an answer being that this was my life they were dealing with. People they are the rudest most arrogant people I have ever dealt with in my life RUDE RUDE RUDE. I hung the phone up and sent a second email back to my so called future employer and informed them of the horrible way I was spoken to and that they should reconsider using a company such as Hireright which gives a whole new meaning to UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! I even took the time to pay 55.00 to one of the most respected background check companies in the united states INTEGRASCAN and had my full nation wide and state background report back in five days. I just emailed that to my so called employers corp hr dept.

HIRERIGHT IS NOT PROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!

I know it's tedious, but you've come so far...the application, testing, interviews, etc. If you think it's worth it, then just wait the 2 days, then if they still don't have it together, then you may just have to walk. Be grateful that you have options.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: I think it is still illegal to ask for a real tax return. Course, they can change that next week.

I began the process on the 22nd and on the 23rd is when they asked for the w2's for one job and then this past Friday the 26th asked again for another w2 from another employer and when I emailed them today telling them I had posted them I asked if anything else and the person that responded said "Thank you for contacting HireRight. i would like to inform you that only Wells Fargo has not been able to verify. Please send the documentation as you get those. Your time and assistance is greatly appreciated." so I am simply hoping this was it and will be done in the next 2 days. They did tell me 5-7 business days so that would I guess be on time if they are done by Wed of this week..I also to be safe asked for other w2's when I went to the irs today in case I get an email again asking for more for another job, so I went back to 2008 so far that I have given them and now I have 2006 and 2007 on hand in case they ask

21 months ago

SA in Brick, New Jersey said: I began the process on the 22nd and on the 23rd is when they asked for the w2's for one job and then this past Friday the 26th asked again for another w2 from another employer and when I emailed them today telling them I had posted them I asked if anything else and the person that responded said "Thank you for contacting HireRight. i would like to inform you that only Wells Fargo has not been able to verify. Please send the documentation as you get those. Your time and assistance is greatly appreciated." so I am simply hoping this was it and will be done in the next 2 days. They did tell me 5-7 business days so that would I guess be on time if they are done by Wed of this week..I also to be safe asked for other w2's when I went to the irs today in case I get an email again asking for more for another job, so I went back to 2008 so far that I have given them and now I have 2006 and 2007 on hand in case they ask

Better safe than sorry. I'm in the process of calling the IRS to get my W2's just in case I get a phone call about not being able to verify my employment. I'm scheduled to start my job on May 20, so I want all this done sooner than later, so I can plan my next move if necessary.

21 months ago

I started this process/submitted my initial docs on the 20th and finally received the "go ahead" today to start tomorrow. It is a tedious process but it helps if you keep track of all employer's, address, phone numbers and most importantly a contact name and/or department for them to get in touch with directly. I am sure that helped speed up the process for me. I have a recruiter I worked with in Indiana who was quite helpful and communicative so I am certainly sure that helped as well...I am on my way, thank goodness - Good Luck Everyone!

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

Yeah I am in a tough situation too with it as I am relocating to another state to take this job and afraid to even settle on a place until I know for sure I signed on the dotted line. I feel good about giving them all they asked for though and I do have other w2's on the ready in case ask me again for 3rd time about a job. Good luck to you too!

21 months ago

How Exciting SA! New job and new location - I hope it all works out!!! I don't have to relocate, Thank God! I will be working for a huge electronics firm here so hopefully once my contract is up they bring me on permanently. Just sooo excited to be going back to work - not happy sitting on my fanny every day - deeeepressing, for sure! I truly do wish everyone the best of luck! This economy stinks - I take care of myself and my kids are grown so it's a bit easier these days, but still scary. I feel for those who are seeking employment and have a family to care for as well.

Phil Anselmo in Corona, California

21 months ago

Just curious, I'm still waiting for them to contact me after my one on one interview that went amazing. I've friends that waited up to 6 months or more so I'm not stressing. For the ones that recently did the hireright check, does the work history go back 5 years or 7. I've gotten mixed answers on that...

21 months ago

Hireright will verify everything you give them. In my case I went back 8 years. My paperwork indicated that they would perform a more intensive background search if I provided less than 2 years of employment. I am working through a national recruitment company though - not AT&T so my recruiter may have different guidelines...I would suggest providing as much info as you can with direct contact info. It may take them a little longer to complete your background check but it will also confirm you have a work history - more is better in this case - If it takes longer than you think (7-10 days seems to be the "norm" for hireright), if I were you I would not hesitate to reach out to your contact and/or the person who you interviewed with to follow up. This will show you are definately interested in the job (always looks good) and you may get your status updated sooner, rather than later. Good luck to you!

Jack_C in Lewisville, Texas

21 months ago

3-5 days with HireRight is quick work, especially if they have to call you midway through that timeframe and ask for verification or documentation of any kind. I would say 5-10 business days is more likely the waiting time. Keep in mind, when HireRight phones your previous employers they don't always immediately speak to who they need to speak with in order to verify your information. Sometimes their call gets rerouted; sometimes they have to leave voicemail... and let's be honest: you are probably NOT your EX-EMPLOYERS top priority once you've moved on or been terminated or laid off of work from their company. It could take a few days or longer for an ex-employer to return HireRight's phone call.

So, let's be fair; the lag may not be completely HireRight's doing to begin with.

The more you put down on your application, the longer the HireRight verification process is going to take, and obviously, the more addresses you have down in that 5-7 year (or more) window on your application, the longer it's going to take for the verification. They will definitely verify - or attempt to - verify everything you put down.

peter bidart in Decatur, Georgia

21 months ago

I was offered a sales job with att. going thru the background check I stated on my hireright app that I had a misdemeanor for driving on suspended license in 09 and it shows up will this hurt me I don't have any criminal but this shows up. I'm a little worried. Will they still hire me?

21 months ago

I didn't apply with AT&T but typically if your job requires you to drive in your sales position then it is a possibility. Employer's usually go back 5 to 7 years. If your job does not require you to perform your duties by driving to visit potential clients than most likely no. Good Luck!

21 months ago

I was just told by HireRight that my employment has been verified, and now the only thing they are waiting for is the criminal background to come back. I'm not worried about that at all, I've never been arrested in my life. But I am worried because she said that AT&T is looking for civil upper and lower. She explained that civil upper and lower is judgments that have been filed against you. I wanted to know if anyone knows if that will be the reason my job offer is rescinded? I have 2 judgments because of some things that I purchased and after being laid off of a job was no longer able to pay for. And they filed a judgment against me. I also have a repossessed car on my record. I do plan to pay it off, I'm in the process of paying it off now. Please, if anyone could help to put my mind at ease, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jack_C in Lewisville, Texas

21 months ago

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey said: I was just told by HireRight that my employment has been verified, and now the only thing they are waiting for is the criminal background to come back. I'm not worried about that at all, I've never been arrested in my life. But I am worried because she said that AT&T is looking for civil upper and lower. She explained that civil upper and lower is judgments that have been filed against you. I wanted to know if anyone knows if that will be the reason my job offer is rescinded? I have 2 judgments because of some things that I purchased and after being laid off of a job was no longer able to pay for. And they filed a judgment against me. I also have a repossessed car on my record. I do plan to pay it off, I'm in the process of paying it off now. Please, if anyone could help to put my mind at ease, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not sure why they would tell you that, honestly. Maybe they are speaking of civil suits, but other than that I don't know. Maybe they are also trying to gauge if you are in the process of being civilly sued by a creditor. Not sure...just speculating. I know from what others have shared here that your credit - whether good or bad - shouldn't affect the overall decision because people on this forum have stated credit problems and credit issues from time to time. I have less than perfect credit... and I still got hired.

I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have a criminal history - you should be fine. Just be patient.

21 months ago

Jack_C in Lewisville, Texas said: I'm not sure why they would tell you that, honestly. Maybe they are speaking of civil suits, but other than that I don't know. Maybe they are also trying to gauge if you are in the process of being civilly sued by a creditor. Not sure...just speculating. I know from what others have shared here that your credit - whether good or bad - shouldn't affect the overall decision because people on this forum have stated credit problems and credit issues from time to time. I have less than perfect credit... and I still got hired.

I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have a criminal history - you should be fine. Just be patient.

is there a difference between civil suits and judgments? And hireright said that AT&T requested this information. So I'm kind of nervous. I don't want those things to hinder me. This has been a long process. Thanks for your optimism.

21 months ago

civil suits are suits against you where you damaged property or something to that affect that you were ordered to pay for. Judgements come from creditor's trying to collect debt.

21 months ago

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota said: civil suits are suits against you where you damaged property or something to that affect that you were ordered to pay for. Judgements come from creditor's trying to collect debt.

well I definitely don't have any of that. So that puts my mind at ease.

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

I also am now worried about this, I did not even think of that being an issue at all. I also have creditors who have filed and won. I have never been sued by anyone though and no criminal history at all, no car accidents either.

Bluetea in Texas

21 months ago

SA in Brick, New Jersey said: I also am now worried about this, I did not even think of that being an issue at all. I also have creditors who have filed and won. I have never been sued by anyone though and no criminal history at all, no car accidents either.

Very few people are denied a job solely on their credit. Now if the job requires cash handling or 3rd party bonding (rare) it might be a problem.

Even when I worked in a bank, many people with "bad credit" were hired. Depends on the position.

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

Thanks that makes sense to me if handling money true. I am going to be installing wire so no money so it truly should not keep me from getting the job.

mdfpixie in Hialeah, Florida

21 months ago

Hello, i applied at AT&T and on or about 4/10 the background check and drug screen started. ON the 16th the recruiter told me they would try to let me know by the following week. They did request w2s (which was submitted). The recruiter told me that she was on vacation for a week but she definetely should be back by now and I had sent an email to her requesting an update. Is it normal that this process has taken this long and that I haven't heard anything yet. Is it possible it is good news? If I do get the job, do they let me know verbally over the phone or via email? I'm obviously willing to wait, i just wish we knew something. Sorry if i am posting in the wrong place this is my first time on here.

21 months ago

Hello, i applied at AT&T and on or about 4/10 the background check and drug screen started. ON the 16th the recruiter told me they would try to let me know by the following week. They did request w2s (which was submitted). The recruiter told me that she was on vacation for a week but she definetely should be back by now and I had sent an email to her requesting an update. Is it normal that this process has taken this long and that I haven't heard anything yet. Is it possible it is good news? If I do get the job, do they let me know verbally over the phone or via email? I'm obviously willing to wait, i just wish we knew something. Sorry if i am posting in the wrong place this is my first time on here

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

from what I am gathering from what others have posted it is truly a long waiting process for some and others it takes the normal 7-10 days, I myself started the process the 22nd so I am also still waiting and have twice now sent in w2's. Good luck and keep us posted.

21 months ago

SA in Brick, New Jersey said: from what I am gathering from what others have posted it is truly a long waiting process for some and others it takes the normal 7-10 days, I myself started the process the 22nd so I am also still waiting and have twice now sent in w2's. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thank you for responding :)

Olivia in San Francisco, California

21 months ago

SummerLover in Greensboro, North Carolina said: they will actually call the number u provided... i gave them my old work number for a company that was no longer in business and they wrote back saying they never got an answer (REALLY???) I could've told them that. so, just give the number and if they need anything further give them the managers number. i think ur best bet is to get the faxes from the IRS it's free, easy, and quick! i'm not quite sure if the manager's info will suffice. but u never know.

The IRS does not fax over past W2's. Not in California. Snail mail. 7-14 days.

21 months ago

I sent in the documents from the IRS within 2 days of the start of the background check so they should have everything. I'm hoping they will let me know if they're missing anything. Should i contact hireright directly to make sure they have everything?

21 months ago

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota said: P.S. Everyone: I have worked in HR for over 25 years and I have NEVER been asked to provide my W-2?!!! This seems seriously ludicrous to me - I would suggest going back to your original hiring manager and/or recruiter that initially offered the position to you to have them verify whether this is truly a requirement of obtaining the job? If it is just a matter of following up with your prior employer's to verify data - then you should do it....W-2's give tooooo much info and it should only BE IN YOUR HANDS!

I was told today that HIRERIGHT's background check requires 3 years of W2's!!! R U kidding me? I'm not comfortable with that.

Since you were with Hireright for 25 years, how many companies do they check that you've worked for on your resume? In the past when I've inquired about this was told only the last company. Please advise. Thank you.

21 months ago

AprilHen1 in Plymouth, Minnesota said: P.S. Everyone: I have worked in HR for over 25 years and I have NEVER been asked to provide my W-2?!!! This seems seriously ludicrous to me - I would suggest going back to your original hiring manager and/or recruiter that initially offered the position to you to have them verify whether this is truly a requirement of obtaining the job? If it is just a matter of following up with your prior employer's to verify data - then you should do it....W-2's give tooooo much info and it should only BE IN YOUR HANDS!

I was told today that HIRERIGHT's background check requires 3 years of W2's!!! R U kidding me? I'm not comfortable with that.

Since you were in Human Resources for 25 years, how many companies do they check that you've put on your resume? In the past when I've inquired about this was told only the last company. Please advise. Thank you.

SA in Brick, New Jersey

21 months ago

Find a local irs office and go get them, that is what I did and sent them yesterday via fax and email and now today I just found out my BG check is complete.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.