HireRight work history check?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 239 of 239)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

socalheavyd in West Covina, California

14 months ago

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey said: They want your last 5 years of job history. If you put more than 5 years, they won't even consider that. They will ask about criminal history of course, traffic violations, etc. They check everything. You also have the option to get a copy of the report once it's been completed. I would advise getting it. Make sure all the info that's on the report is true and accurate. Hireright isn't known for always getting the right info. They can be a pain. I would also suggest getting old w-2's and pay stubs together just in case they have an issue verifying one of your employers.

Thanks Starlight 1987, I have worked for 1 company the last 5 years so there will be no problem verifying that, however the job prior to that might be a little hard to verify the dates I provided. The employment verification is the only concern I have, I have zero criminal record and haven't had a traffic ticket in 5+ years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

14 months ago

socalheavyd in West Covina, California said: Thanks Starlight 1987, I have worked for 1 company the last 5 years so there will be no problem verifying that, however the job prior to that might be a little hard to verify the dates I provided. The employment verification is the only concern I have, I have zero criminal record and haven't had a traffic ticket in 5+ years

You're welcome. By the sound of it, you should be fine. They should have no problem verifying your work history.good luck. If you have any more questions lemme know.

socalheavyd in Cerritos, California

14 months ago

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey said: You're welcome. By the sound of it, you should be fine. They should have no problem verifying your work history.good luck. If you have any more questions lemme know.

Can you tell me specifically what questions are asked on the form that Hire Right has you fill out when they begin the BC Process?

14 months ago

socalheavyd in Cerritos, California said: Can you tell me specifically what questions are asked on the form that Hire Right has you fill out when they begin the BC Process?

They ask about your work history, including salary info. They also ask about criminal and traffic violations, and misdemeanors. Try to give the most accurate phone numbers for past employers. They also ask about all your past addresses for the last 7 yrs. It's not a really long form, it's just that accuracy will make this whole process run smoothly.

Bluetea in Texas

14 months ago

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey said: They ask about your work history, including salary info. They also ask about criminal and traffic violations, and misdemeanors. Try to give the most accurate phone numbers for past employers. They also ask about all your past addresses for the last 7 yrs. It's not a really long form, it's just that accuracy will make this whole process run smoothly.

I find this kind of creepy. What kind of companies want this kind of information? CIA? FBI? Walmart?

14 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: I find this kind of creepy. What kind of companies want this kind of information? CIA? FBI? Walmart?

Lol. Something like it. They also check the national sex offender database. They also check with the court systems to see if you have any judgements. AT&T is very selective about who they hire. Ironically enough, they're always hiring, so they're background checks didn't 100% weed out the bass apples.

Bluetea in Texas

14 months ago

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey said: Lol. Something like it. They also check the national sex offender database. They also check with the court systems to see if you have any judgements. AT&T is very selective about who they hire. Ironically enough, they're always hiring, so they're background checks didn't 100% weed out the bass apples.

My last employer had an Area 51 division, where they were developing RFID chips. We never really knew what they did and we didn't want to know. All cloak and dagger type stuff for the government.

One day they will just insert a chip in your forehead and scan you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mdfpixie in Hollywood, Florida

14 months ago

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey said: Did anyone deal with a Tina from AT&T's employment office? If so, did it seem like she had a lazy approach to the hiring /background process? I mean if she calls you, and for some reason you miss the call, that's it for speaking to her for the rest of the day. She called me on Friday morning, I missed the call, she left a voice mail to say that I cleared the background check, but because one of my dates of employment were off by 3 months, it may effect my pay rate. I called her back, and she didn't answer, I left a message, she never returned my call. I even called her 2-3 more times that day, still nothing. Is it me, or is that highly unprofessional? If any of you have worked with her, or someone similar, please, I need some advice. I don't wanna blow up her phone because I know I'm not the only person she's dealing with. I also know that this is the only training class, so she has to concentrate on all of us because we all have to be cleared before we start. Please help!!!

Hey, did you ever get in contact with someone? I tried submitting this once already so if it duplicated i apologize.

14 months ago

mdfpixie in Hollywood, Florida said: Hey, did you ever get in contact with someone? I tried submitting this once already so if it duplicated i apologize.

I have my recruiters phone number, she have it to moo after I was given my contingent offer. So I can call her whenever. Now whether or not she answers our calls back in a decent amount of time it's another story.

14 months ago

I got my final offer!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I just fill out all my tax papers, and signed all my documents. For all that are still waiting, don't give up hope. And fyi: stay on top of your recruiter. I had to call her to get my final offer...

14 months ago

After a very long wait and anxiety and stress I am happy to say i received my offer on Friday. Never give up as Starlight mentioned. For all those that actually did have inspiring words to say, thank you! Stay on top of your recruiters!

14 months ago

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey said: I got my final offer!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I just fill out all my tax papers, and signed all my documents. For all that are still waiting, don't give up hope. And fyi: stay on top of your recruiter. I had to call her to get my final offer...

Congratulations! Happy to hear that. I did too on Friday. I had to call her as well. I'm glad i never gave up hope.

14 months ago

mdfpixie in Hollywood, Florida said: Congratulations! Happy to hear that. I did too on Friday. I had to call her as well. I'm glad i never gave up hope.

Congratulations! I'm happy to hear that you finally got your offer. It's a long process, but it turned out to be worth it at the end. When do you start?

Cletta34 in Biloxi, Mississippi

14 months ago

Well I'm waiting as well today is day 5 on the background check. They keep telling me that their waiting on my criminal record for court. It's so frustrating I just want to start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Cletta34 in Biloxi, Mississippi said: Well I'm waiting as well today is day 5 on the background check. They keep telling me that their waiting on my criminal record for court. It's so frustrating I just want to start.

Well I know that they check every court system in every city and county you've ever lived in. They check the federal systems as well. It can take a while because sometimes the courts don't always respond in a timely manner. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to speed that part of the process. It can take a while.

kln in Miami, Florida

14 months ago

You guys are pretty luck. I'm still waiting for my final offer. Tomorrow is going to be exactly two weeks since my staffing manager notified to me that she had all my things cleared out. Hopefully I get some response. The suspense is killing me lol

14 months ago

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey said: Congratulations! I'm happy to hear that you finally got your offer. It's a long process, but it turned out to be worth it at the end. When do you start?

I start traning on the 3rd! Super long process but it pays to be patient.

Socalheavyd in Bell, California

12 months ago

kln in Miami, Florida said: You guys are pretty luck. I'm still waiting for my final offer. Tomorrow is going to be exactly two weeks since my staffing manager notified to me that she had all my things cleared out. Hopefully I get some response. The suspense is killing me lol

Did you ever receive your final offer? I wonder if me and you went through a similar process. When AT&T contacted me they had me go through the background check first before making me an offer and assigning me to a garage. It's been 5 days since t was told I passed the BGC and the rep at AT&T told me someone else would call me when there was an opening and they would make me an offer at that time so I don't know how long that will take or how much they will offer. This all seems very wierd to me since everyone seems to have gone through a different process.

JEEPlove in Tampa, Florida

12 months ago

Does anyone know if they contact your current employer?

mark in Hemet, California

12 months ago

did they check for the date of ged

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kingtikal in Homestead, Florida

9 months ago

Can anyone tell me what does HIRERIGHT check first, is ut your criminal background or your previous employers??? im asking because i received email of them asking to verify my location of diploma and i was wondering if these are the first steps they take in doing a background check or do they check (criminal Record) before they move onto you work history please help me lift this weight of my back. they the job already extended an offer and sent me in for blood work and urinalyses

9 months ago

mark in Hemet, California said: did they check for the date of ged

yes they do im going threw that now

9 months ago

JEEPlove in Tampa, Florida said: Does anyone know if they contact your current employer?

yes they contact you employers accurately so be prepared !!

Bluetea in Texas

9 months ago

kingtikal in Homestead, Florida said: Can anyone tell me what does HIRERIGHT check first, is ut your criminal background or your previous employers??? im asking because i received email of them asking to verify my location of diploma and i was wondering if these are the first steps they take in doing a background check or do they check (criminal Record) before they move onto you work history please help me lift this weight of my back. they the job already extended an offer and sent me in for blood work and urinalyses

I don't know about criminal record but from now on, SAVE ALL of your paystubs and all of your W2s FOREVER.

My sister had to "prove" that she once worked for a bank that went belly up. Luckily, she had all of her paystubs going back ten years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: I don't know about criminal record but from now on, SAVE ALL of your paystubs and all of your W2s FOREVER.

My sister had to "prove" that she once worked for a bank that went belly up. Luckily, she had all of her paystubs going back ten years.

ok thank you blue tea that was questions they asked already about my previous employer but anyone someone else do they check jobs or criminal records first

JimmyBroner in Reseda, California

9 months ago

starlight1987 in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey said: I got my final offer!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I just fill out all my tax papers, and signed all my documents. For all that are still waiting, don't give up hope. And fyi: stay on top of your recruiter. I had to call her to get my final offer...

How long after the Hireright screening process was done did you receive a call from the hiring manager?

jellybeansmama in Tacoma, Washington

9 months ago

I am going through a nightmare with HireRight currently for state farm. My husband and I both got a job offer from them and we work for the same employer right now. But from me they are claiming they can't verify my employment with my current employer and demanded my pay check stubs and W2s. Really? They also want proof I worked as a babysitter for a relative for a year. I was paid in cash under the table and never filed taxes. They can call my family member but thats really all I can provide. They also want a W2 from somewhere I worked 5 years ago which I do not have and the employer has not responded to my request for a W2 and refused to verify employment. They wanted the name of someone who worked there. All I have at this point is the business name and a phone number. Only my current job where I have been for 3 years is even remotely relevant to the position. I'm scared sick that not having old W2s will prevent me being hired.

I called the hire right person who sent the email and now she claims that the info from my current employer is enough as long as I send it. I sent an email with the info from my current employer and explained in the email just as I had over the phone that I do not have W2s from places I worked years ago.

Bluetea in Texas

9 months ago

jellybeansmama in Tacoma, Washington said: I am going through a nightmare with HireRight currently for state farm. My husband and I both got a job offer from them and we work for the same employer right now. But from me they are claiming they can't verify my employment with my current employer and demanded my pay check stubs and W2s. Really?

Its only going to get WORSE! From now on, save everything: paystubs, W2s, Employee of the Month awards, everything.

My sister had to prove that she once worked for a bank that went belly up. Fortunately, both she and I save all our paystubs FOREVER!!

I had to prove that I didn't work for a company in Alaska for 2 years. I have never been to Alaska. SAVE EVERYTHING!!

9 months ago

ugh was hoping maybe to hear some good news

8 months ago

I have semi good news on mine. Even though hire right is still being idiots and claims they didn't get either of the two emails I sent, it sounds like state farm is used to hire right and is willing to work with me. Both my recruiter and the local HR person have had me send them proof of employment at my current employer who I will have been with 3 years next month. I suspect my former employer has gone out of business as their number no longer works but my recruiter stated my current employer is really what they are interested in since thats where I gained the experience. Still not set in stone yet but I have a better feeling about it. I've sent HR and the recruiter both my W2 from 2012 and my first pay stub from 2010 and my most recent one from this year.

PennState1 in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania

8 months ago

I had was just offered a position with at&t last weekend. I did all the pre boarding training and Hire Right information. I never received my drug screening information as stated in their last email to me and I was under the impression I would get my background info and be sent the screening info. Well needless to say I never received an email and apparently missed my time frame by a day. I'm working with an awesome staff agent, but nervous as to wonder what they are thinking on their end. It's now after 5 and the agent is gone for the day leaving me the weekend to wonder. She was looking into it for me. Anyone have a situation like this before? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kpena713 in Houston, Texas

8 months ago

How was the hireright process. I got a job offer at at&t and I listed my part time under the table job at a fleamarket from when I was 15-17 years old, which is the only job ive ever had. What all is going to happen? Ive heard people talk about them getting asked for their w2s but ive never filed income tax or anything since it was under the table. Am I going to have trouble with this or would I be ok if they contact my employer (which was my uncle btw) and he confirms that I worked for him and the dates and pay? Someone help!

eagertofly in Belfast, United Kingdom

8 months ago

I use Hire Right for the hiring process and one of the things I need to know is the sex registry. I do not find this too invasive as I need my employees who are hired to work with people and animals to have an even temper. I am not as concerned about a few minor traffic stuff and the only time credit is an issue is if I hire an accountant or money manger then they better have sterling credit. I also look for job bouncers does one go from job to job to job to quickly and no I do not mean temping. I am not connected to AT&T at all, just responding to hire right and its uses.

eagertofly in Belfast, United Kingdom

8 months ago

Kpena713 in Houston, Texas said: How was the hireright process. I got a job offer at at&t and I listed my part time under the table job at a fleamarket from when I was 15-17 years old, which is the only job ive ever had. What all is going to happen? Ive heard people talk about them getting asked for their w2s but ive never filed income tax or anything since it was under the table. Am I going to have trouble with this or would I be ok if they contact my employer (which was my uncle btw) and he confirms that I worked for him and the dates and pay? Someone help!

Why not list it as a volunteer? Do not monkey around with this even at a young age and you could get your uncle in trouble, also ask him to say the dates and that you where a volunteer gaining on the job training. Hire right will have no record of this employment as in fact it is not a job on record. It is a under age person gaining valuable skills at their first opportunity.

ckelly in Tallahassee, Florida

6 months ago

SA in Brick, New Jersey said: I just took the drug screen and physical on Monday and offer is contingent on passing

HireRight was assessed a 2.1 million damages suit for incorrectly reporting cvriminal background checks and not taking reasonable care or furnishing copies to in August 2012.

Capp76 in Los Angeles, California

5 months ago

I've been through hireright's process a few times. Common Sense and the ability to do their own job, does apply to this company. Literally gave them all necessary information and resources to contact people. But, they want you to do their job. Sorry hireright not this time. Pushed the envelope right back, told them to try Google and or/ the phone. I'm curious how much one pays to hire these lazy, non English speaking immigrants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JSchreier in Grafton, Wisconsin

2 months ago

A background check company that can't even do their own work. I pretty much had to do everything for them, besides maybe make phone calls. Last I checked I wasn't hired to do my own background check.

ThisGuy in Jacksonville, Florida

2 months ago

JSchreier in Grafton, Wisconsin said: A background check company that can't even do their own work. I pretty much had to do everything for them, besides maybe make phone calls. Last I checked I wasn't hired to do my own background check.

They're definitely terrible. I actually submitted w-2's and pay stubs for two employers that they didn't bother to use. They just submitted the without verifying. My contact at AT&T just had be send him the PDF's after the report was finished.

They took a week to make a couple phone calls and send me a few emails before submitting a slapped-together report. The drug screening and criminal check is the extent of what they did, which are two things which are basically done for them.

The company seems like a pet project for the dysfunctional child of someone important within AT&T. It's like busy work for someone who can't be fired while the hiring managers do actual work.

B-broad in NYC, New York

2 months ago

Going through this miserable process now. They requested my college transcripts.. Mind you I have 35 years of pertinent experience and graduated in 1975. My college info hasn't been requested since 1977... But HireRight needed them, because the nearly non English speaking man who was obviously working from a boiler room in the Caribbean, was concerned My college claims were false. He told me so! It took a week to get it settled with my alma mater having to email verification THREE times before HireRight finally acknowledged they received confirmation... And that was only after I requested the registrar to copy me on everything they sent to HireRight. Then came the w2 requests. I'm dealing with that now. They could google my name and the tv station I claim to work for.... And find that I am listed on the website... As the news director plus they would find several articles written about me in the trades when I took the job....but noooooo... That won't do. They MUST have my w2 from that job. I can't wait to see what other w2s they are going to ask for. Companies using HireRight should know that getting through their process is degrading and infuriating for NO REASON. MY husband is more unglued than I am. He says no more...tell them to take the job and put it in hireright's in basket. You need to adopt a somewhat amused stance, cuz these folks are getting their jollies from this.

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.