Hiring Process At AT&T

Comments (651 to 700 of 3932)
Page:  « First « Previous   11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next »   Last »

Matt in Browns Mills, New Jersey

53 months ago

Thanks I checked it and there is nothing. Wonder what that means

Fireball126 in Elizabeth, New Jersey

52 months ago

Good morning guys, yesterday I applied for the Full-Time Retail Sales Consultant position at the AT&T in Woodbridge Center Mall at Woodbridge, NJ. I would like to know, exactly what is the whole hiring process like for this position and approximately how long would it take for each process until I complete the job traning? If you know my area, that would be helpful as well. Thanks a lot!

Fireball126 in Elizabeth, New Jersey

52 months ago

Plus since I have no sales experience, what can I do to prepare for the position, what questions would I be asked, and while I can make $1,200/month in commission, what is the maximum? Thanks again!

Matt in Aston, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

fireball, google "att sales rep interview questions" and you will find tons of them! Good luck!

Williamsburgh in Columbus, Ohio

52 months ago

Although I can not speak specifics since I'm now employed by AT&T I can tell you that you can make more than the "maximum" but I can not disclose if your amount of 1200/month is correct or not.

Brian in Delaware, Ohio

52 months ago

Hey williamsburgh, i have a few questions im in the middle of my process with a store in central ohio. email me at kingofpin10@Yahoo.com.

Williamsburgh in Columbus, Ohio

52 months ago

Ask me whatever questions you might have on here. I would like to keep my identity confidential

BrianA22 in grove city, Ohio

52 months ago

williamsburg

well i have an opportunity to take a part time sales job, my question is what is the reality that it could become full time in the future? I know it depends on job availability at store and such, but do they really look at current employees or would they tend to just hire someone?

Williamsburgh in Cleveland, Ohio

52 months ago

Here are my main suggestions for you. You'll meet alot of people during training... network... also, don't sit there and be a debbie downer saying "oh I need full time" The answer your going to get is going to be the same from everyone, if you try hard your first couple of months, and I mean legitimently hard, aka taking away everything you're going to learn at training and applying it, using it, and owning it. If you do those steps you'll be able to get a full time position, it may not be at the store you're at but you can move up in this company if you put the time in.

crwi in California

52 months ago

HELLO EVERYONE!
I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS, BUT FIRST, HERES A LITTLE BACKGROUND.
I had a final interview with the district manager on January 14th, How soon should I expect a call back? Also I check my at&t jobpage just about every day, My status still says "met minimum qualifications" it hasn't been updated since January 4th. I believe January 4th is the date I had a phone interview with my HR Staffing manager; since then I've had my final interview but my status hasn't updated. Every other forum post I read said that their status updated.... is this wierd?

kristi in Louisville, Kentucky

52 months ago

my husband went in last week and took a 2 part test and passed. They said he was qualified for 4 different positions and they would call him for an interview. But again its been over a week. Does anyone in KY know if it usually takes this long?

Chris in Louisville, Kentucky

52 months ago

kristi in Louisville, Kentucky said: my husband went in last week and took a 2 part test and passed. They said he was qualified for 4 different positions and they would call him for an interview. But again its been over a week. Does anyone in KY know if it usually takes this long?

I took the same test. I may have met your husband if he took the 2PM test. Anyways, from reading the above posts, it sounds like AT&T's hiring process can be very long. As of today, my status says, congratulations, you have passed the initial testing phase. It also says it was updated on Feb 1st. Good luck to him.

melody in Iowa City, Iowa

52 months ago

I was contacted for a phone interview in 1 state, does anyone know if its possible to be considered for another state instead because I wanted to relocate? PLEASE & THANK YOU =)

Jake3844 in Hollywood, Florida

52 months ago

Ok so...after doing the RJP and calling to leav the HR lady messages about how much I want the position..she put me in as a backup candidate for every location in the area..i took my drug test today and got my background check started yesterday.

However, does anybody know what my chances are with this backup candidate position? Has anybody ever had any experiences with this?

Daniel Basham in Yucaipa, California

52 months ago

Jake3844 in Hollywood, Florida said: Ok so...after doing the RJP and calling to leav the HR lady messages about how much I want the position..she put me in as a backup candidate for every location in the area..i took my drug test today and got my background check started yesterday.

However, does anybody know what my chances are with this backup candidate position? Has anybody ever had any experiences with this?

How did you get the HR Lady's number? I need to get these guys number in socal but i have no phone numbers to go off of.

eandc9088 in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

52 months ago

I REALLY Want and need this job at ATT. i have been sent the email to take the pre employment testing but everytime i click on the link (or go through the employment website) once i get to the testing page it says "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE"..I have tried reapplying several times, also from a different computer. But i dont understand what the issue is! This has been over the period of about 2 or 3 weeks and nothing has changed. Who should i contact? and how? has this happened to anyone else?

Godsincontrol in Ocala, Florida

52 months ago

I just took a second CSR assessment test. The first one was back in Dec. When I got the email last week to come in to take this test it said You will be informed on your testing day if you meet the additional requirements. When I finished the test the screen just said that if I met the requirements they would contact me. It seemed like everyone just finished the test and left. Now I"m wondering if I failed or not? Has anyone had any experience with taking 2 CSR assessment tests?

eandc9088 in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

52 months ago

every time i try to take the pre employment testing it says "service unavailable"..how do i get in contact with some one to do it another way. or figure out what the problem is?

kristi in Louisville, Kentucky

52 months ago

Chris in Louisville, Kentucky said: I took the same test. I may have met your husband if he took the 2PM test. Anyways, from reading the above posts, it sounds like AT&T's hiring process can be very long. As of today, my status says, congratulations, you have passed the initial testing phase. It also says it was updated on Feb 1st. Good luck to him.

Thanks,,,actually he was contacted late Friday night for phone interview and wanted him to come in for actual interview Tues...however we are going out of town. So he asked about Friday and is set up for an interview then. I hope it goes well but also hope him not being able to come Tues when they 1st offered doesnt affect him in anyway or look bad. But you know, we waited, had a vacation to FL planned, cant plan our lives waiting for that call! Good luck to you also

Grainger in Austell, Georgia

52 months ago

Hopefully someone can help me I applied for the Retail Sales Consultant position in Canton Georgia and my status currently says "Testing Qualified" what exactly does that mean? What are my chances of being selected for the next step?

uzurmind1986 in Marietta, Georgia

52 months ago

Mohn in Tarrytown, New York said: Congratulation MARK, well I guess you are scheduled to training for a month. According to my experience, After you will be training 2 weeks in a raw in training facility, you will be sent back to your store and you will be doing some WBTs and job shadowing for 1 week. Then you will be sent back to training facility and you will do 1 more week training. Then you will be ready to interact with the customer and good to start working in the store. At&t training is hands down awesome and So HR appropriate. You will have a lot of fun trust me. Like you said, you will be working as a SSR and SSR is really good position, you will be doing a lot of customer services and assisting customer with gaining agreement, offer solution and that's pretty much about it, no that much pressure like RSC's and SSRs get paid really good depends on which market and region though. The best thing about At&t is you can start with any position and if you show your efforts you can go for sales,networking,IT and other opportunities. At&t pay for your hotel if you live 50 miles away from your home to training facility and you will get reimbursed for meals and travel costs. After 90 days of employment every newbies get employee discount on Wired and Wireless services. Good Luck.

Hi Mohn I am schedule to take my training for SSR wireless in KY and I live In GA. I got an email that said my store manager would contact me regarding the travel arrangements. I definitively live over 50 miles from where I will be training. Can you give me any suggestions? I start Feb. 28th. How do you like the job? Your response had the most info and I was hoping you could help me out and give me any info you can. Thanks so much Mohn! uzurmind1986

Jersey Girl

51 months ago

HELP! So I went for interview last Tuesday ( 2/8/11) staus said " complete " so I called Store manager said I have the job & I should receive email/call from HR. How long does it take HR to call or email.! This waiting game is driving me bananas! LOL

Jean.rivera21@gmail.com in Woodridge, Illinois

51 months ago

Does anyone know what the background check consists of? Like credit check?

Grainger in Austell, Georgia

51 months ago

Anybody have any info on the Sales Support Rep position AT&T offers?

NewGuy in Brighton, Michigan

51 months ago

So, I applied online two weeks ago for a Sales Rep job. They told me to take a test. Once I finished it and sent it in, they emailed me I had not taken it. I called tech support and they sent AT&T an email rquesting my test was reset. A week ago, they sent me another email to re-take the test and now my status has said "Testing Qualified" ever since. What should I expect next? And how soon can I expect whatever it is, to happen?

hopefulmarler in poplar bluff, Missouri

51 months ago

I went for my 1 on 1 interview yesterday, I know he was doing interviews today also, but after my interview he told me he would be calling the person he chose that night, I didn't get the call, but find it odd how he still had a whole day of interviews left.Is this normal?

spotdr552004@yahoo.com in West Palm Beach, Florida

51 months ago

Grainger in Austell, Georgia said: Hopefully someone can help me I applied for the Retail Sales Consultant position in Canton Georgia and my status currently says "Testing Qualified" what exactly does that mean? What are my chances of being selected for the next step?

if there are openings they will call you to the next part I worked for them it took 2 3 months from start to finish. I would suggest look for something else they treat their employees like crap unless you are in the union

hopefulmarler in poplar bluff, Missouri

51 months ago

After my 1 on 1 interview with hr, he had 2 days of interviews, I was interviewed on first day, he said he would contact me that evening if i was hired, thought that was odd because he still had another days worth of interviews left, didn't hear from him, so figured i didnt get the job, but then i get an email telling me i didnt show up for interview, any suggestions on what i should do? thanks

51 months ago

jlhennessey in Waterville, Maine said: most certainly no credit check, i have a defaulted student loan.. BAD.. and I got cleared.. hope this helps!

Hey what position were you applying for? Im worried about a credit check.

Tiffany in Fayetteville, North Carolina

51 months ago

Jean what position did you apply for ?? When did you get the request for a credit check ??

51 months ago

Tiffany in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: Jean what position did you apply for ?? When did you get the request for a credit check ??

Retail sales and I didn't get a request for it but the hire right background check said something about it when i had to agree to the terms and conditions

florida girl in Mascotte, Florida

51 months ago

Godsincontrol in Ocala, Florida said: I just took a second CSR assessment test. The first one was back in Dec. When I got the email last week to come in to take this test it said You will be informed on your testing day if you meet the additional requirements. When I finished the test the screen just said that if I met the requirements they would contact me. It seemed like everyone just finished the test and left. Now I"m wondering if I failed or not? Has anyone had any experience with taking 2 CSR assessment tests?
@ gods in control there are 2 csr assesment tests that you take . i have been going throught the process for about 6 months now because i missed the 1st traing class by 1 week . if u pass the 2nd assement you will be contacted by hr . it took me about 1 month to hear from them . Dont get discouraged it does take a while . The next step would be to do a phone interview and if that goes well then a face to face interview. I wish you the best of luck in your job search and hope u get it :)

Niki123 in orlando, Florida

51 months ago

I have a question regarding this 2nd CSR assessment. I only took one CSR assessment and was told I passed. My status on the att job website is "met minimum qualifications.". I was told that training does not start till April and I am waiting to be contacted for another interview. Anyone have any idea what is on this 2nd CSR assessment ??

lgsedam in Oxford, Michigan

51 months ago

Niki123 in orlando, Florida said: I have a question regarding this 2nd CSR assessment. I only took one CSR assessment and was told I passed. My status on the att job website is "met minimum qualifications.". I was told that training does not start till April and I am waiting to be contacted for another interview. Anyone have any idea what is on this 2nd CSR assessment ??

I took only one test and it says "Testing Qualified." How long after that did you take the second test?

51 months ago

lgsedam in Oxford, Michigan said: I took only one test and it says "Testing Qualified." How long after that did you take the second test?

I have only taken 1 test which had a bunch of agree / disagree , math and simulation questions. I had a great one on one interview with the lady who administered the test and gave an overview of the company and job, then she told me that I had passed and would be moved on to the next step and training will begin in April.

51 months ago

@nicki123
the 2nd csr test consist of taking sales calls , english testing , a few math questions , and a bunch of customer scenerios . i had to take the 2nd csr test after my second interview, how many interviews have u had? ijust did my second assement test on thursday and was just told today i have passed it and now i am waiting for the next step in the hiring process. i was also told training will begin in april . hope you hear something soon and good luck on gettting the job !

51 months ago

@lgsedam in oxford

it took me about 4 weeks to take the second csr test . The process is very slow all i can say is just be patient and u will hear something.

51 months ago

florida girl in Mascotte, Florida said: @nicki123
the 2nd csr test consist of taking sales calls , english testing , a few math questions , and a bunch of customer scenerios . i had to take the 2nd csr test after my second interview, how many interviews have u had? ijust did my second assement test on thursday and was just told today i have passed it and now i am waiting for the next step in the hiring process. i was also told training will begin in april . hope you hear something soon and good luck on gettting the job !

Thanks FL girl, what was your first CSR test about ? Also what does your At&t status say if you don't mind me asking ? I had no idea there was another test, I have such bad test anxiety. The first assessment was almost 2 hours long. Do you have a training date or are you waiting to be called back. Good Luck to you too !!

51 months ago

@nicki123

Nicki,

My first assesment mostly consisted of disagree/ agree questions , there were also a few math and simulation questions. my 1st csr assement was about 2 hrs long also. The 2nd csr assement is about the same amount of time about 2 hrs also. I will let u know some of the math questions are really tricky and it does take a little bit to figure them out. Its a basic english exam were they give u scenerios and u decide how the word should be used in the scenerio. The sales calls are scenerio based also just a lot of typing the information into the computer and seeing how well u can navigate around the system . My status says waiting final review from the hiring manager and it has been like that for about a week now. My phone interview and face to face also went very well. I just had my second interview on Tuesday of last week, was told i will hear something in the next week or so but was notified on wens to come in for the 2nd csr on thursday and i recived an email today stateing that i have passed and would be contacted for the next hiring step. Im not really sure how long that will take but the process has been very lengthy. I was told training starts in april but was not given a date just told i would be contacted . I hope everything goes well for u if u have any more questions please feel free to ask and good luck !

51 months ago

florida girl in Mascotte, Florida said: @nicki123

Nicki,

My first assesment mostly consisted of disagree/ agree questions , there were also a few math and simulation questions. my 1st csr assement was about 2 hrs long also. The 2nd csr assement is about the same amount of time about 2 hrs also. I will let u know some of the math questions are really tricky and it does take a little bit to figure them out. Its a basic english exam were they give u scenerios and u decide how the word should be used in the scenerio. The sales calls are scenerio based also just a lot of typing the information into the computer and seeing how well u can navigate around the system . My status says waiting final review from the hiring manager and it has been like that for about a week now. My phone interview and face to face also went very well. I just had my second interview on Tuesday of last week, was told i will hear something in the next week or so but was notified on wens to come in for the 2nd csr on thursday and i recived an email today stateing that i have passed and would be contacted for the next hiring step. Im not really sure how long that will take but the process has been very lengthy. I was told training starts in april but was not given a date just told i would be contacted . I hope everything goes well for u if u have any more questions please feel free to ask and good luck !

Oh wow thanks for all the good information ! It sounds like you are almost done in the process. I am still waiting on the lady to contact me for the 2nd interview. If the math is like the first test I should be fine but anything past that I might be in trouble. How long was your 2nd interview ? Did they just ask you a bunch of situational questions ? When did you start your process with them ? I started mine in the middle of Feb and my first test was Feb 24. I have not heard anything from them put figured no news is def good news.

51 months ago

niki,

I started the process nov 3, 2010. I missed training by one week from when i applied so thats why its taking me so long. I took my first assesement in nov. then my 1st interview was in the beginning of february , it did take quiet a while to hear back . then my second interview was about a week ago along with my 2nd assesment test. my second interview was about 2 hours long. It is alot of situational questions and they are looking for a star response . Its alot of questions about work history , alot of describing how to resolve a problem they want to know what you did in full detail from beginning to end . All i say say about that is to definetly make sure you are giving them really good seneiros cause thats what they are looking for . Some questions were like tell me when a customer said no and u turned it into a yes? What is your philosophy on sales? What is your philosphy on being competive? Why should be hire you? what can u do for this company? and so many more that it would take me forever to write lol.. The math is a little tougher than the first test or at least i thought it seemed to be for haveing a good education. not saying that u dont please dont take that the wrong way just trying to explain . I am hopeing to hear something soon but like u say no news is good news. I hope i have helped u a little bit better so at least you can kind of know what to expect . Definetly ask away if theres anything elese u would like to know as i will try to help you the best that i can. I also hope that i am coming to the end of this process to because it is very tiring with all the stuff that you must do .

Very Hopeful in Alice, Texas

51 months ago

I just had a couple of questions.

I have my interview with the Hiring Manager in two days. Is the interview tough? This will be my first "formal dress" interview and I'm sort of nervous.

Also, is there a training facility in San Antonio, TX? I can't find anything about it on Google. And how likely is it that they will send me out of state because I have two children who would have to stay with my husband.

Florida Girl in Mascotte, Florida

51 months ago

@ Very Hopeful

What position did u apply for ? I dont know what the hiring process is for Texas as i live here in florida and applied in florida . The interview is alot of situational questions and they are looking for a star response. They will ask u alot about your work history and experiences . They are looking for complete answers from beginning to end on how you handled a situation. My first interview was a little over an hour long , not really sure what questions they will ask u but if u look in one of my previous posts i think i posted a few of what they had asked me . Sorry i couldnt be of more help but hope this helped a little.

lovegirl23 in Cliffside Park, New Jersey

51 months ago

hi, i really want to get a job at at&t. I have been applying almost every summer for the last 6 years. This time my application went beyond and I just got off a tele-conference call. the job was explained and I am really really excited (regardless of everything i have read on some users not being happy with the company, my friend works there and she has been with them for a while (like 7 or 8 years, and she is getting paid really good.)
First question. I have had many 3 month long jobs. when I applied to at&t i only put the last 3 jobs I have had although it said to do the work history for the last 5 years.
*The moderator said the background check will call the companies i have been employed with for the past 5 years and confirm start and end dates.
I am just wondering if i should sign on my att account and upload a new resume with all my previous jobs for the past 5 years... and update the same information on their site.
I have had bad luck with the jobs I have had and it has been hard for me to stay with companies that disrespect their employees, do not give raises, and even make mistakes with their payroll and miss 12 hrs of my paycheck.
i do not want to get into detail about this, specially at the interview. I am a hard worker who only wants to be told once in a while, hey your doing a great job, we appreciate you going the extra mile for our company. because when i work i am really passionate about the company i represent.

i am currently working for best buy, which is a great company but unfortunately they keep hiring people and there are no hours available. my shifts went down from 6.5 hrs to 3.75hrs long!! mind you, I have to drive half an hour to get there. When I got hired I said i would like to work 25 hrs and I am lucky if i get 12. and that is like 4 days with 3.5 hr shifts.

back to att. can anyone suggest how should i work this out? should I talk about my previous employment or not. will the background check find out more.thnx

Ashton Renae in Alice, Texas

50 months ago

i would definately reccomend telling them about it. i believe the bg check will show all that.

50 months ago

Does completed mean I have the job or no?

JerseyGirl in NJ in Bronx, New York

50 months ago

Ashton Renae in Alice, Texas said: Does completed mean I have the job or no?

Everyone I known who said completed had the job so im gonna say yes! Call and ask for update

50 months ago

JerseyGirl in NJ in Bronx, New York said: Everyone I known who said completed had the job so im gonna say yes! Call and ask for update

Apparently so! I called her and she said they hadn't decided yet and that she would call me when they did. I just received the call from the HR Rep about 1 1/2 hrs ago congratulating me and telling me I have the job.

I can't wait to start....overall for me this has actually been a quick process. I first filled out my application on 03/14.

I'm supposed to start training 04/18 in Tulsa, OK. But she said if everything clears quickly, then I will be starting training on 04/04 in Plano, TX.

50 months ago

Ashton Renae in Alice, Texas said: Apparently so! I called her and she said they hadn't decided yet and that she would call me when they did. I just received the call from the HR Rep about 1 1/2 hrs ago congratulating me and telling me I have the job.

I can't wait to start....overall for me this has actually been a quick process. I first filled out my application on 03/14.

I'm supposed to start training 04/18 in Tulsa, OK. But she said if everything clears quickly, then I will be starting training on 04/04 in Plano, TX.

"I first filled out my application on 03/14" I meant to say 03/04. Haha

JerseyGirl in NJ in Bronx, New York

50 months ago

Be prepared because I was originally suppose to start on April 4 but just got an email that I'm starting March 28! So excited !!! Congratulations !!!!!!

Page:  « First « Previous   11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.