Hiring Process At AT&T

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 3935)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Tiesha716 in new orleans, Texas

65 months ago

Well good luck on the job but I'm not wishing you luck on the superbowl because I'm from New Orleans**** Go Saints***

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

whitewolv in Indiana

65 months ago

Colts 35-31 GO COLTS!!

I am giving you 31pts...be grateful :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jmitch in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

65 months ago

Geaux Saints! Who dat!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

That's what I'm talkin bout**** BLACK & GOLD TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

How bout dem SAINTS!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mrbinary in Elmwood Park, Illinois

65 months ago

How long does AT&T take to get back to you after taking tests?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

whitewolv in Indiana

65 months ago

After taking the initial 'exams' it was almost 3 weeks before i got a call back to schedule a phone interview (even though they said 1 week). After that it was almost 1 week before i received a 'conditional job offer' pending a favorable drug screen and background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I took the tests about two weeks ago for an operation technical position. I had to take the basic electricity and the DCCL tests. The tests were really hard and only three people passed out of all the candidates that were tested. This economy is really rough and I just hope I can get the job. I'm a recent college grad and have been looking for months. I don't have a lot of experience but I have dual degrees in the field. When I was sent an email to test, I was given a pay range. Do you know how they will determine the pay? What tests did you take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

whitewolv in Indiana

65 months ago

My tests were for a CSR positon in the Broadband call center, several people in my session also didn't pass. From my discussion with the SR Staffing Manager the pay is based upon 'verifiable' experience and etc, from information they receive during the background check. They use a third party called 'HireRight' for this. If you haven't gotten an email excluding you then i would remain hopeful, but by all means don't give up your job search while you wait. I wish you the best of luck, I have been unemployed for more than 1year i know the road....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I know the position is brand new. They have never even given the DCCL tests before in my area. In addition they took the job posting off line before I tested. They had around thirty people test. The test is suppose to be the hardest test the AT&T offers. I have a background in electronics and the test still took me ten days to study. I was told there might be more then one opening and there are only three of us. I may not have experience but I have excellent references. The pay is fantastic and the position seems like it is a really good fit for me. Also, the company is large and there is a lot of potential for growth. I would like to go to graduate school. Do you know how long e AT&T takes to pay for tuition? Also, I heard you don't get health insurance for 6 months?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

whitewolv in Indiana

65 months ago

I'm not sure about tuition re-imbersment, but after 6 months you get 1 week vacation, benefits, and 7 personal & 7 paid holidays after 1yr 2 weeks vacation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

whitewolv in Indiana said: I'm not sure about tuition re-imbersment, but after 6 months you get 1 week vacation, benefits, and 7 personal & 7 paid holidays after 1yr 2 weeks vacation.

Is the health insurance free or do you have to pay for it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

whitewolv in Indiana

65 months ago

Nothing in this world is free ^^

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

whitewolv in Indiana

65 months ago

Also AT&T is union, so there are union dues, but very reasonable and they come right out of your check so you don't really miss it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

whitewolv in Indiana said: Also AT&T is union, so there are union dues, but very reasonable and they come right out of your check so you don't really miss it.

I know some companies offer free insurance. However, they might offer less pay then other companies. I know they are in a Union and I don't mind paying dues. did you have to leave the state for training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

whitewolv in Indiana

65 months ago

No, my position and training are in the same place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Anyone pass the DCCL test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Is anyone a video operations tech? If so, can you please discuss the training and pros and cons of the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I passed the test and have been waiting three weeks for a call back but nothing. Is this normal?

Garrett Clayton in Austin, Texas

65 months ago

I have applied for a retail sales job recently and I was wanting to know if I should just wait to hear from them or should I try to call someone to set up an interview? If I should wait to hear from them how long should I wait before I should probably not worrying about hearing from them? WIll they call from an area that is around the store that I applied at or will they be calling from a different area?

65 months ago

Garrett Clayton in Austin, Texas said: I have applied for a retail sales job recently and I was wanting to know if I should just wait to hear from them or should I try to call someone to set up an interview? If I should wait to hear from them how long should I wait before I should probably not worrying about hearing from them? WIll they call from an area that is around the store that I applied at or will they be calling from a different area?

If you applied online, they will contact you to come and test if they like you. I'm still waiting after almost three weeks to get an interview after I tested. The company is so good, I'm willing to wait.

Garrett Clayton in Austin, Texas

65 months ago

Are you talking about the test that you do online, where you mark stronly agree and strongly disagree on many of the questions, or is there another test that they contact you about to take?

65 months ago

Garrett Clayton in Austin, Texas said: Are you talking about the test that you do online, where you mark stronly agree and strongly disagree on many of the questions, or is there another test that they contact you about to take?

I went for a technical operations position and was required to take a basic electricity and data communications test at the at&t employment office. I don't know about an online test. It's been almost three weeks for me since taking the test, I'm going to wait a week and try to contact them.

Shari Lynn in Orange Park, Florida

64 months ago

I filled out an application for an AT&T Customer Assistant position who will be assisting customers with any internet connection setup or problems.

I recieved an e-mail from them for an "Invitation to AT&T's Testing Session". The tests are; Internet Services Mini Course (IS-MC), Customer Service Assessment (CSA), and Keyboarding Skills Test (KST). They post quidelines on www.att.jobs/ tips.

Has anyone already taken any of these tests, and if so, can you give me an idea of what to expect, in particular for the Internet Services Mini Course? That one sounds technical. Any help would be greatly appriciated!!! Wish me luck, and thank you all so much for your help. :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

myindeedname in shreveport, Louisiana

64 months ago

Excellent answer whitewolv!

Shari Lynn in Orange Park, Florida

64 months ago

Whitewolv, thank you so much for your quick response! The information you gave was exactly what I was looking for. I'll brush up on some technical reading. I feel relatively confident though on the CSA and the KST testing. From your reply, it does sound like it could be a while, so in the mean time I'll continue the job search...in case another offer comes up...you never know!!!

Also...BIG Congratulations to you on completing the training and starting to take calls next week. You said you started March 1st, so is it classroom training for the 1st 3 weeks, then you're on your own, or do you continue with some on the floor training for a couple more weeks?
Thanks again for your reply.

whitewolv in Indiana

64 months ago

First 3 weeks are classroom training, then 1 week of taking calls with someone along side, they call it "Nesting" then 1 week of Business DSL training before you actually hit the floor and take calls all by yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jmitch in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

64 months ago

Jus an update... Ive been in my store for 3 weeks. I went to training in Florida now Ill be goin to North Carolina. I love my job and get along with everyone!

MsPowell in Birmingham, Alabama

64 months ago

whitewolv in Indiana said: First 3 weeks are classroom training, then 1 week of taking calls with someone along side, they call it "Nesting" then 1 week of Business DSL training before you actually hit the floor and take calls all by yourself.

I have recently re-applied for the Customer Assistant Position with At&T. This is actually my second time applying and going through the entire process. Anyway, my question is..if you can help, I recently checked the status of my application on the at&t job website and noticed I had an email to view. The email stated I had an inbox email in regards to the Pre-Employment testing. I have checked my email both inbox and spam and have not found it. What do you think I should do? I have no idea who to contact to make sure I get the testing schedule to sign up and I do not want to miss this chance a second time. The information in my jobcart states the information was updated March 25. What should I do?

whitewolv in Indiana

64 months ago

Honestly...I don't know. If you don't have any contact information, but it states you were invited to testing, then i would call the AT&T Employment Office in your area and ask them what you should do. It never hurts to call and ask, but I wouldn't call them every other day or anything...If you check your email with Outlook, then I would try and access it thru webmail and see if it isn't there. I sent myself an e-mail from work, and it never downloaded to my Outlook, I had to go to the web site and it was in my Spam folder there....

Good Luck.

myindeedname in shreveport, Louisiana

64 months ago

This waiting game is retarded. You aren't even told exactly how long you'll be waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jack77 Thomas in Antioch, Tennessee

64 months ago

I have applied but havent heard anything, have you atleast had your 1st interview?

64 months ago

Do you have a good contact # to anyone that I can contact in regards to the status of my application

jaamo109 in San Antonio, Texas

64 months ago

Tiesha716 in Texas said: Does anyone know how long does it take for at&t staffing to contact applicants? I have done the background check but not the drug test. The hiring manager told me that i was waiting to be contacted by staffing its been about 2 weeks how long should i wait before calling back?

No.. I was told that I was submitted to HR and they were going to call me but that was back in January.

64 months ago

This all is very crazy

myindeedname in Louisiana

64 months ago

I've had my first interview less than a week ago and was told the results would be forwarded to HR, who would make the decision on who to email for the next step. I was contacted today on accident by someone else, but she said she'll be the one to contact me when I go to the next step.

Stared on February 1st and you see where two months has gotten me so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Thats crazy, has anyone thought about feeling out the application twice. I mean if its been over a month maybe you should feel it out again might speed up the process.,.......?

whitewolv in Indiana

64 months ago

Just to let everyone know, the wait is worth it....

It took me 12 weeks to get the job. This is the year that the union renegotiates the contracts....The pay is going to go up, the benefits are already fantastic, and after all this happens...ITs going to get harder to get the job.

So MY advice is wait it out, get the job now while you can.

64 months ago

ummmmmmmmmm intresting, but helpfull. Do you know anyone that can be contacted about the status of a application?

64 months ago

In January I took and passed the DCCL test and the basic electricty test for a video site operations position. Only two other guys besides me past out of 50. Also, the test was never given in the state before since the position is new. When I go onto the web site it still gives me the option to withdrawl. Also, the position has not been reposted. I have no idea what is going on. I tried to contact HR but they are telling me nada and if I don't hear anything in 90 days, I'm out of the running. What should I do. The position is for video site operations.

64 months ago

Does anyone have a direct contact # that is availabe to contact At&T about the status of a applicaton?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

whitewolv in Indiana

64 months ago

Each Office is going to have different people to talk to. No one is going to be able to give you a direct line to the CEO.

Look in your phone book for the AT&T Employment Office in your area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

whitewolv in Indiana said: Each Office is going to have different people to talk to. No one is going to be able to give you a direct line to the CEO.

Look in your phone book for the AT&T Employment Office in your area.

Is that what you did for employment?

whitewolv in Indiana

64 months ago

No. I applied online, and waited it out like everyone else that got the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

lol Thanks alot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

AJ2Hott in Birmingham, Alabama

64 months ago

Hi. New to this so I was wondering.... I applied for a customer assistant position here in Birmingham. At the initial testing site, the reps were saying they were looking to train new employees for that postion in April, May and June. I received an email to set up an interview and I replied back within like 4 minutes. Now it's been 4 days and I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know the varying wait times for this position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jd0033 in Ypsilanti, Michigan

63 months ago

Ok I went through the whole interview process first the over the phone with the recruiter, next I had met and interviewed with two area managers on the same day and was called ten minutes after I left that interview to go in the next day for an interview with the store manager. The store manager made me an job offer and told me the next step would be a background check and either one of the area managers would call me back next week or he would be giving me a call i then informed him that i had driving violations that i wasn't aware were considered misdemeanors and i didnt disclose it in the initial application, he told me not to worry he had a dui when he was younger. I just wanted 2 know would they come up on my background check and should I contact a higher up like one of the area managers or the recruiter who contacted me, jus don't want it to seem like i lied or trying to hide sumthing before the B/G check came back. HELP AND COMMENT PLEASE....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

myindeedname in Louisiana

63 months ago

There needs to be subsections. People asking questions and answering to very different areas. The process for tech or sales or store rep are very different.

And mostly a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

what makes it a joke

MsPowell in Birmingham, Alabama

63 months ago

whitewolv in Indiana said: Honestly...I don't know. If you don't have any contact information, but it states you were invited to testing, then i would call the AT&T Employment Office in your area and ask them what you should do. It never hurts to call and ask, but I wouldn't call them every other day or anything...If you check your email with Outlook, then I would try and access it thru webmail and see if it isn't there. I sent myself an e-mail from work, and it never downloaded to my Outlook, I had to go to the web site and it was in my Spam folder there....

Good Luck.

I decided to wait it out and finally received an email April 1st about testing. I will take the test on Saturday at 9am. Hope everything works out this time around. I am thinking this will be the ideal job for me to handle while going back to school for the second time and while being a single mom. I sure hope so. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.