Hiring Process At AT&T

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 3926)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Nicole DT in Puerto Rico

60 months ago

Ms Powell, I also had the same situation . I checked my application status yesterday and it stated "Scheduled for pre-employment testing" but havent received anything yet. Hope I have the same luck as you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jack77 Thomas in Antioch, Tennessee

60 months ago

ok do you mind telling me how do I check the status of my application ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Samantha41 in San Antonio, Texas

60 months ago

You go to the website where you applied for the job positions. Once you sign in there are a few tabs at the left hand top of the screen that say job search and my job page. Click my job page. Click my job page and it should show you your submissions. And on each individual position it will say the job status as either active or inactive (if they are no longer accepting applications for the position). Then under that it will say if you are not being considered at this time, resume acknowledged, at&t staffing update, resume forwarded to hiring manager, not qualified, etc. You can click on your status and usually it will give you a little bit more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Resume acknowledged??? When they tell you that, Is that a good thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

To be honest, I don't know. I have applied to almost all the available positions in my area. And one says resume acknowledged, I applied for that position back in early February and still have not received a call about it but they are still accepting applications for it. I think it means they have just looked at it but haven't decided if you are qualified or not. Look to see if they are still accepting applications for that position, if they are then they probably just want someone else. I kept applying for jobs as a Sales Rep and it would always say "Not considering you at this time" But, then I applied for the instore Sales Support Rep, and a few weeks later I got a call from the Staffing Office, they told me about the position and said they are forwarding my resume to the hiring manager and a certain store location would be calling me. Then over the next few days 3 different store locations called me for an interview. I went in for 2 of them and they said they would be making a decision by the end of next week. So, fingers crossed :/ Anyhow, it would be best if you try to apply for a variety of positions, because I think then you will have a better chance of them calling you. Although, the process takes a long time :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

YO Thanks alot you have been one of the most helpfull person I have talked to, and yes you are right it does take a long time. I have been waiting since Feb and havent heard anything yet. I would like it better if they just came out and said you didnt get it lol. Anyway oh well I see if I can call someone like the employment office in my area or something.... Good luck to you on your job I hope you get it my fingers are crossed as well. Keep me posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mrbinary in Elmwood Park, Illinois

60 months ago

PLEASE HELP

I APPLIED, TESTED, AND QUALIFIED IN LATE JAN. FOR A VIDEO SITE OPERATIONS TECH POSITION IN CHICAGO. THEY TOOK THE JOB POSTING OFFLINE AS BEFORE I TESTED AND ONLY HAD THREE PEOPLE THAT PASSED THE TEST FOR THE POSITION.THEY TEST WAS NEW AND NEVER GAVE IT BEFORE. THIS IS DO TO THE HARD TESTS (DCCl & ELECTRICITY TESTS). WHEN I GO ONLINE IT STILL SAYS NO LONGER ACCEPTING CANDIDATES AND IT STILL LIST ME AS A CANDIDATE. IT EVEN GIVES ME THE OPTION TO WITHDRAWAL. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR SOMEONE TO CONTACT ME? I REALLY WANT THIS JOB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Jack77, thanks. Good luck to you too!!

Mrbinary, hmmmm...I know that with me it said they were no longer accepting submissions and then a week or so later I got a call from them regarding that position. Usually, it takes a while, about a month most likely. But, since you have been waiting since January I would think they would have already contacted you if they wanted to hire you for the position. What does the status of your application say? Also, if you have the number of the person who contacted you to take the test or if you can get ahold of it, you should call them. Try to get the number of your local AT&T Staffing office, you might even be able to go into an AT&T store and ask a manager for the number and say you need to find out what is going on with your submission. Sorry, I'm not much help with this one :/

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Hi, the position is brand new. No one is HR even knew anything about it. They didn't even have the office or anything built yet. They would have sent me something if they were no longer considering me. i contacted them and they said someone should contact me within 90 days.

60 months ago

Hmm, thats odd that HR didn't know about it. You contacted them today? If they don't have the office built yet then, it will probably be quite a while before they continue the hiring process.

StormChaser in Indianapolis, Indiana

60 months ago

Whitewolv, where is the employment office in Indianapolis? I got an email saying they wanted me to come in for testing next week, but nowhere does it say WHERE I'm supposed to go!

60 months ago

Hi,

They tell u later on where the testing location is at. Is anyone an video site operations technician?

60 months ago

They build the office but the position was brand new and they are mostly likely preparing. I have no idea what is going on.

whitewolv in Indiana

60 months ago

220 N. Meridian Street Downtown

Go into any entrance they will direct you to the correct door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Thanks! Is that where the call center is located, also?

whitewolv in Indiana

60 months ago

yes indeed it is. Training is on the 9th Floor, Call Center on 15 & 16

60 months ago

Do they have their own parking garage? Or do you have to pay for parking on your own?

60 months ago

Hey!! Just wanna let you know that I got a email from AT&T today!! Just took my(EI)assessment. Thanks again for your help! Keep your fingers crossed

DCS_Eugene in Lebanon, Oregon

60 months ago

I have a concern i guess you could say. I did the application, got the interview did the E signature, and was offered the job by the retail store manager. When he offered the job to me he said a recrutor would contact me on monday or possibly tuesday, it's now wensday is that normal or is somehting up i haavent been contacted by my recruter. should i call my manager to be about this?

Mr Blonde in Covington, Georgia

60 months ago

I don't know if they do it the same way all over the country but I've experienced the most impersonal hiring process i've ever been a part of.

I applied for the Premise Tech job. 3 weeks after I applied i get this notice for more information. I answer all the extra questions. 2 days later I get a notice that I am to take this test.

The testing facility and staff are all third party so there was no one to talk to once I finished the test. I did get a nice official looking paper stating that I was "qualified". It has been 4 days since and I have yet to hear anything or get an email.

Has anyone experienced this? How long did it take till you heard something?

Peter Truong in Phoenix, Arizona

60 months ago

Hi All,

1st: I got status update: AT&T Staffing Update - AT&T is currently reviewing your skills and qualifications for the position for which you have applied.

2nd: HR call and gave me a phone interview.

3rd: Status Update: Met Minimum Qualifications - It has been determined that you are a candidate for this position at this stage of the hiring process. The AT&T Staffing Department is continuing to review your qualifications.

What is the next step anyone know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

arty mendez in Las Vegas, Nevada

60 months ago

Hi everyone i did my CSA for the DSL Customer Assistant and the man on the phone said that i qualified and that they will be calling me back sooner then later does that mean i probaly going to get the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Ok this is interesting. I applied for the AT&T Sales Consultant postion. A week later I got a email for me to take a assesment. I passed, the same day about a hout later a lady from HR emails me. Tells me to call her soon as possible, and that she tryed to leave a voicemail on my phone but couldnt. I checked my phone, I had no missed call. Anyway I call her back a hour later and got no responce. Its now been 3 days since she told me to CONTACT HER, but havent heard anything back. I have call 4 times, left 3 voice mails and three emails. Very confused, you think its me or could she just be abesnt from work. What should I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Maryanna SouthFL in miami, Florida

60 months ago

Jack77 Thomas in Antioch, Tennessee said: Ok this is interesting...... I have call 4 times, left 3 voice mails and three emails. Very confused, you think its me or could she just be abesnt from work. What should I do?

You might want to try calling at different times (first thing in the morning, afternoon, before business day ends around 4:30? Once they fill their interview slots, you might have to wait till their next class. Keep calling till you get someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Maryanna SouthFL in miami, Florida said: You might want to try calling at different times (first thing in the morning, afternoon, before business day ends around 4:30? Once they fill their interview slots, you might have to wait till their next class. Keep calling till you get someone.

Thank you for the advice!! I actually got a call today! Passed the phone interview and now on firday I go for the last interview the csa assesment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

HAS ANYONE TAKING THE CSA ASSESMENT!!!!!!!! Seems to be easy, if you can sale and have experince in sales in which I have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AJ2Hott in Birmingham, Alabama

60 months ago

I took it today for a customer assistant position so I'm sure ur questions will be different from mine but just relax and answer the questions thoroughly. My interviewer was really awesome. When answering the questions, he explained I should answer them like this: situation (what occured), behavior (what I did), and the outcome. There were like 6 questions. Be sure u ask questions. If gives you a feel of how the job really is. When I started asking my interviewer things about his experiences at the job, it gave me a better insight on what to expect. Hope this helps you. God bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I meant it gives. Not if gives. Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Wow thanks alot!! Thats just what I needed to hear. I will let you know the outcome, and tell me if you get the job as well. Thank you again and God bless you as well!!!

59 months ago

Ok today I went in for my CSA interview. I am still shocked how easy the interview went. She was very very nice, I look to hear something this coming week...... We will see,prayers are prayed and fingers are crossed. Thanks again for your advice.

59 months ago

AJ2Hott did they let u know yet if you got the job

59 months ago

so i have an update. I got the offer letter and accepted it and did all the forums. now im waiting for them to do my background check. dose anyone know how long it takes and what it intails?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

how long did it take you to get the offer DCS_Eugene after the interview

59 months ago

Well my manager to be told me a few days after but i had to call him because he thought the recruter would have called me to let me know the recruter called me 15 days later with the offer. and that was with me keeping in contact every few days with my manager to be.

59 months ago

Hey arty_mendez. I interviewed Tuesday and Friday my recruiter called and said HireRight was going to do my background check. She also told me that the next training class is in like 3 weeks so from here I should be done with the hiring process in about a week. So I'm still waiting but I feel very good about my position.

59 months ago

AJ2Hott your so flipping lucky! ive been at this since the third and my traning isant till the 17th of may

59 months ago

The entire hiring process has been over a month for me lol but I'm so ready. The office was very laid back, the system that will be trained to use looks very easy and straightforward. Overall it just seems great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

I got a email saying congratz and that I have passed the BEI interview, and that a recruiter will contact me in 3 weeks for the next employment steps. I checked my application status and it saids AT&T is currently reviewing your skills and qualifications and the requirements of the positions for which you have applied. So is this a good thing? 3 weeks does it really take that long!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Hey Jack. Yes that is a good thing. LOL. I have that same message for my status and they are doing my background check. The 3 weeks just depends on when the next training class is more than likely but keep praying and stay patient :o)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Thanks alot Aj2Hott!!!! This whole process has just been a adventure!! Staying patience is the key!! LoL!!

59 months ago

I know I seem over anxious lol, but am just going by what my recruiter told me. She said the next training class would start May 3rd. Not in 3 weeks. She has not pick up he phone today either lol

59 months ago

Hi Again everyone i had the last part of the Customer Service Assessment on 04/15/10 the person on the phn said i qualified but I still have not heard anything what should i do

59 months ago

@ Jack Well my recruiter told me that the background check would go by quickly so if you haven't heard anything by wednesday, you could do a follow up.

@ Arty Hi. I'm not sure if you are saying you had the interview and your recruiter called to say you were qualified so I'd say check your status on att.jobs If you are at the last phase, you should have received an email giving permission for HireRight to do a background check.

Hope this helps. LOL. I'm in the same process. Just waiting to hear from HireRight :o)

vctr in atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

does anyone know how long it take for at&t staffing to get back with you. I received an interest in follow position last week and was adviced to email the recruiter back if i was still interested, so I emailed back and its been 1 week today and i havent heard anything back yet, my status still showing where the follow up email was sent. can someone answer this question for me plz.

59 months ago

AJ@Hott it was the person from AT&T that did the last part of the 3 part test over the phone for the DSL Customer Service Assistant that told me that I have qualified,I have nerver delt with a recruiter at all. He had told me that they will be calling me sooner then later and that was on 04/15/10

vctr in atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

i am inquiring about sales consultant position in ga? does anyone know about this location?

59 months ago

@ arty hmmm I actually had a face to face for the CSA part so I'm a little unsure of the phone part. The only thing I did over the phone was verify what I said on my resume and make an appointment to go to the DSL building and do the CSA. Your recruiter should have sent out the email after you took the initial test and there should be a number at the bottom of that email. You could contact that person to make sure everything is running on track. I'll show the steps I took and if your steps are different, let me know so we can figure this out

After I filled out all the forms to apply for the job:

1. received an email to do initial testing at DSL building

After testing:

2. received an email to set up phone interview (this was from my recruiter and was approximately 2 weeks after initial testing)

3. received phone call to verify resume (this was probably another week after the email)

4. received an email, from the recruiter, to verify my date and time to do the CSA (which was at the DSL building for me)

Went on a Tuesday for the CSA

5. that Friday received a call from my recruiter saying I passed the CSA and that I would receive an email within 30 mins to do the background consent through HireRight.

Okay so that's my experience and it took a month to get to this step. Just waiting on HireRight :o)

59 months ago

@ vctr hmmm I don't know about GA but some of the previous posts for this position said maybe up to 2 weeks? It is drawn out process so be patient :o)

59 months ago

Well, Iam now waiting on HireRight as well. Just came back from the drug test. I am done on my end, A little anxiety about everything but at this point I cant do nothing else. I did my best not let God do the rest.

fcescarose1 in Las Vegas, Nevada

59 months ago

arty mendez in Las Vegas, Nevada said: AJ@Hott it was the person from AT&T that did the last part of the 3 part test over the phone for the DSL Customer Service Assistant that told me that I have qualified,I have nerver delt with a recruiter at all. He had told me that they will be calling me sooner then later and that was on 04/15/10

Hi I did my phone test on the 12th of april and I passed. She told me that they are looking to hire a lot of people so I should not worry. I am still waiting. Been checking my email every hour. It's driving me nuts!! I hope they call soon, cause I really need this job. I am wondering if they are going to call or email? We'll good luck to you.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.