Hiring Process At AT&T

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2201 to 2250 of 3935)
Page:  « First « Previous   42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next »   Last »

landicho in Willowbrook, Illinois

21 months ago

To be honest I kind of hope they would limit interviewing potential candidates to a set timetable e.g. 2wks to a month. This way if a month has already passed and I have yet to get a call, I would know that they have already considered other applicants. They can leave you dead in the water for a whole two months making you second guess whether you`re still in running for the position while they continue to keep entertaining new suitors just to get their match and I do understand where they are coming from. I just hope if they feel like they already have others whose qualifications they are looking at more closely, they would let you know that they are no longer considering you vs. taking you for a ride all the way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kira in San Antonio, Texas

21 months ago

I have a question if any of you can answer it, if my bf started training but due to pain in his hands was unable to pass one of the tests during training so he "quit" as they said he needed to do to stay in good standing. He has gone to the doctor got the issues taken care of and is ready to go back, can he reapply now or does he have to wait 6 months from when he left? He was really upset about having to leave, but everything is better now....thanks for any responses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BigSmoothie35 in Sonora, California

21 months ago

I went down to Oakland and passed the TMT II on 3-2-13 for Outside Plant Tech for AT&T. Has anyone that passed the test heard anything back yet? I keep reading horror stories about how long this process takes. Any words of encouragement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

stevie in Louisville, Kentucky

21 months ago

landicho
yes I also wish they would let you know something. However I believe that they did not get enough candidates the first time. I am confused as to why then they wouldnt just let the people they want know and offer them the job then continue to search to fill the remaning positions. Some people will not wait the 2-6 months I have heard. so they are really wasting time and losing potiential employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bigsmoothie35 in Sonora, California

21 months ago

About 100 of us took the test 30 passed. I don't think it's a lack of candidates out here. I guess I'm just being to eager it's only been a week today. Just keep my fingers crossed I guess. But if anyone out in Cali that gets any word put up a post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

landicho in Willowbrook, Illinois

21 months ago

The thing is they want the perfect match especially for their corporate positions. whether it takes them two weeks to half a year, they will corral all candidates then and make a decision. Not everyone has that long of a time. Potential candidates they might be looking might have already found another job. While there are A LOT of applicants, losing potential employees they already have interviewed in the process just negates any gain they hope to have made.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

stevie in Louisville, Kentucky

21 months ago

there where only about 20 maybe that passed the test here. hopefully we all hear something soon! good luck to everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana

21 months ago

I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I got the job! I've already submitted my background check and drug test, but due to the fact that I lived in Canada for 95% of my life, I needed a bunch of additional things for them to get into my Canadian records for the background check. Offer is contingent, and since I have never had even a speck on my record and don't take any drugs at all, my training starts on April 8th in Indianapolis. Yay!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bigsmoothie35 in Sonora, California

21 months ago

How long did it take from the time you passed the tmt II test for them to contact you. Was it by phone or email? Congrats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shelkd in Granger, Indiana

21 months ago

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana said: I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I got the job! I've already submitted my background check and drug test, but due to the fact that I lived in Canada for 95% of my life, I needed a bunch of additional things for them to get into my Canadian records for the background check. Offer is contingent, and since I have never had even a speck on my record and don't take any drugs at all, my training starts on April 8th in Indianapolis. Yay!!!

Congratulations! Is this for the UP Mall store?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThatGuy in Austin, Texas

21 months ago

So from what I have read about the hiring process is that it takes a long time. But I have also noticed a lot of people complaining about the hireright process, and this has me a little concerned. My criminal history and drug test should be an ace in the hole but my work history is what worries me. I have been at my current job for 3 years now but before that I sort of bounced around. I cant remember all the exact dates and pay. What all will they look for in work history and what if I dont mention all of these on the paperwork. I really dont want to let a little thing like this stop me from receiving such a great job. Any help on the hireright process would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana

21 months ago

Shelkd in Granger, Indiana said: Congratulations! Is this for the UP Mall store?

Nope, I'll be working at Day Road Center!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yxo411 in Tacoma, Washington

21 months ago

It was a long process from completing my application until my training date. Best advice is stay patient and positive. Hire right isn't bad at all my check was completed in 3 days and that's with 7 previous employers I summited in. I start march the 18th and I will be traveling to Oregon. Paid hotel, food, and mileage. Good luck to all remember stay positive and be patient it takes a longgggg time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThatGuy in Austin, Texas

21 months ago

Yxo411 in Tacoma, Washington said: It was a long process from completing my application until my training date. Best advice is stay patient and positive. Hire right isn't bad at all my check was completed in 3 days and that's with 7 previous employers I summited in. I start march the 18th and I will be traveling to Oregon. Paid hotel, food, and mileage. Good luck to all remember stay positive and be patient it takes a longgggg time.

When you listed your 7 previous employers did you know your exact start and end dates, also did you list your old managers number or the HR number?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yxo411 in Tacoma, Washington

21 months ago

I listed there phone numbers, I google the addresses because I did not remember the stores numbers. Hire right did call all of them and spoke to the managers. I did not put managers names just the exact month and years I was employed. They all verified except one employer hire right them selves contacted the employers hr and verified my employment it went very smooth and fast. Just make sure you use the correct numbers and dates

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wildcat in Manhattan, Kansas

21 months ago

What kind of drug test was it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Question in Denton, Texas

21 months ago

Urine (5 panel)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

wildcat in Manhattan, Kansas

21 months ago

Where did you have to go for the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Question in Denton, Texas

21 months ago

LabCorp-They are everywhere. It took about 5 minutes. Most of the time was in the restroom, the rest was paperwork. They may have other people in there for testing, so be sure to check the hours of your office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana

21 months ago

Totally agree with Yxo411. I applied on January 30/Feb 1st (one of the two) and my start date is on April 8th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mickey86 in Indianapolis, Indiana

21 months ago

I'm currently going through the hiring process. I have my second interview tomorrow. I was a little concerned about the possible travel for training if I am hired. Does anyone that lives in Indiana know if there is a training facility in Indiana or am I most likely going to be shipped around the country?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shelkd in Granger, Indiana

21 months ago

Indianapolis has one, but what it comes down to is where the next available training class is being offered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana

21 months ago

mickey86 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I'm currently going through the hiring process. I have my second interview tomorrow. I was a little concerned about the possible travel for training if I am hired. Does anyone that lives in Indiana know if there is a training facility in Indiana or am I most likely going to be shipped around the country?

True to what Shelkd said. Chicago is realistically closer to Mishawaka/South Bend/Granger than Indianapolis, but I'll be doing my training in Indy, although there are some training classes in Chicago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

landicho in Willowbrook, Illinois

21 months ago

My status changed to "Completed" and I have not signed any bg check forms :O

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Worried in Denton, Texas

21 months ago

On 3/5 I tested at AT&T in Farmers Branch. I also had a face to face with 2 mangers that same day. On 3/7 They made me a conditional offer of employment.

I was in my last job for 18 years. I did not know the exact dates for the job before that. Will they even look at the previous job?

I disclosed that I had a misdemeanor DUI that would not go before the court as long as I say out of trouble until the end of May. But when I pulled my official driving record, I see an accident in 2012 that a citation was issued with no disposition. In 2011 I had an accident with no citation issued. Then in 2006 I have a conviction for not wearing a helmet while riding my Harley. I paid the fine. In 2004 I completed a driver safety course (to get rid of a ticket) and then finally a conviction for no motor vehicle liability insurance in 1995.

The accidents I did not disclose, nor the convictions. I told the hiring manager that my driving record was not the cleanest, but she said it should not matter. The job is for Customer Service Rep/Collections.

Should I have disclosed this items? The background check is 90% complete. Should I call the HR manager and disclose these not, or should I do it with HireRight? Or is it already too late?

Thanks for any insight/input/comments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThatGuy in Austin, Texas

21 months ago

Well I finally received the call today that I received the position pending the background check and drug test. i informed the recruiter on the same call that before my current employer of three years I was unsure of the exact start and end dates of my other two jobs. She said that this is not uncommon and to fill it out to the best of my ability and that we would go from there. The hireright form was very easy, now is the hard part of sitting and waiting to hear back.........Wish me luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana

21 months ago

Worried in Denton, Texas said: On 3/5 I tested at AT&T in Farmers Branch. I also had a face to face with 2 mangers that same day. On 3/7 They made me a conditional offer of employment.

I was in my last job for 18 years. I did not know the exact dates for the job before that. Will they even look at the previous job?

I disclosed that I had a misdemeanor DUI that would not go before the court as long as I say out of trouble until the end of May. But when I pulled my official driving record, I see an accident in 2012 that a citation was issued with no disposition. In 2011 I had an accident with no citation issued. Then in 2006 I have a conviction for not wearing a helmet while riding my Harley. I paid the fine. In 2004 I completed a driver safety course (to get rid of a ticket) and then finally a conviction for no motor vehicle liability insurance in 1995.

The accidents I did not disclose, nor the convictions. I told the hiring manager that my driving record was not the cleanest, but she said it should not matter. The job is for Customer Service Rep/Collections.

Should I have disclosed this items? The background check is 90% complete. Should I call the HR manager and disclose these not, or should I do it with HireRight? Or is it already too late?

Thanks for any insight/input/comments.

I haven't had any marks on any of my records, but I would call HireRight and see if there's any way that you can add them on there just to be safe. It's always best to disclose these things first, rather than have them find it later. Or call both the HR manager and HireRight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana

21 months ago

ThatGuy in Austin, Texas said: Well I finally received the call today that I received the position pending the background check and drug test. i informed the recruiter on the same call that before my current employer of three years I was unsure of the exact start and end dates of my other two jobs. She said that this is not uncommon and to fill it out to the best of my ability and that we would go from there. The hireright form was very easy, now is the hard part of sitting and waiting to hear back.........Wish me luck!!

Good luck! If you don't know your start/end dates, they will probably ask for your W2s or your first and last pay stub, if HireRight cannot verify your employment period by contacting the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Phil Anselmo in Irvine, California

21 months ago

Yxo411 in Tacoma, Washington said: It was a long process from completing my application until my training date. Best advice is stay patient and positive. Hire right isn't bad at all my check was completed in 3 days and that's with 7 previous employers I summited in. I start march the 18th and I will be traveling to Oregon. Paid hotel , food , and mileage. Good luck to all remember stay positive and be patient it takes a longgggg time.

Hello, when you completed the form, don't they only ask for employers in the last 5 years? Did you have a total if 7 employers in the last 5 years?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yxo411 in Tacoma, Washington

21 months ago

Yea I moved around alot and work 2 jobs at once sometime

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Phil Anselmo in Irvine, California

21 months ago

Awesome! You sound like a hard worker I'm sure they'll love that! What else was on the form, can give me a run down on the whole form and what to expect, that's my next step and I want to be as prepared as possible thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

landicho in Willowbrook, Illinois

21 months ago

My status is now "Completed" Got a call last week from the recruiting manager that I am getting hired pending approval so the official offer is not there yet. Hoping to get the call next week! GL to everyone. It has been a long process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yxo411 in Portland, Oregon

21 months ago

Anyone know what company phone you get in training and when?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana

21 months ago

Yxo411 in Portland, Oregon said: Anyone know what company phone you get in training and when?

Someone in an earlier post said you get it 2nd or 3rd week of training and they also said it's something along the lines of an SIII or a Lumia 920.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana

21 months ago

I don't know if anyone else will ever have this problem, but I thought I would share what's been going on with me.

I got a contingent offer on March 1st based on a background check and drug test, just like everyone else. My background check is still in process due to the fact that I lived in Canada for 95% of my life. (I've only lived in the US for almost 2 years now). Because of this, I had to do TWO background checks, one for Canada and one for the US. My Canadian background check was the first one they tried to get handled, and because it took them and I so long to get things straightened out, they had to initiate an ENTIRELY new background check for the US, completely separate from my Canadian one. Under a different account. Today, I got an email saying that I needed to sign yet another form for my Canadian background check, and if I didn't get it done today, we'd be back at square one, which would delay my start date. Luckily, I got it handled today even though I was at my current job, and hopefully everything is smooth sailing from here.

MORAL OF THE STORY: If you lived in a different country and they require a background check for your previous country as well as the United States, BE ON IT. Stay diligent on the forms and everything, because I have been very diligent on my forms and it's still taken almost 3 weeks to finish my background checks.

My start date is April 8th for training in Indianapolis, as of right now. Super excited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shesasurething08

21 months ago

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana said: I don't know if anyone else will ever have this problem, but I thought I would share what's been going on with me.

I got a contingent offer on March 1st based on a background check and drug test, just like everyone else. My background check is still in process due to the fact that I lived in Canada for 95% of my life. (I've only lived in the US for almost 2 years now). Because of this, I had to do TWO background checks, one for Canada and one for the US. My Canadian background check was the first one they tried to get handled, and because it took them and I so long to get things straightened out, they had to initiate an ENTIRELY new background check for the US, completely separate from my Canadian one. Under a different account . Today, I got an email saying that I needed to sign yet another form for my Canadian background check, and if I didn't get it done today, we'd be back at square one, which would delay my start date. Luckily, I got it handled today even though I was at my current job, and hopefully everything is smooth sailing from here.

MORAL OF THE STORY: If you lived in a different country and they require a background check for your previous country as well as the United States, BE ON IT. Stay diligent on the forms and everything, because I have been very diligent on my forms and it's still taken almost 3 weeks to finish my background checks.

My start date is April 8th for training in Indianapolis, as of right now. Super excited!

@heartlessbest

Be very patient. It took me awhile to get my final answer that I got the job. My background almost took a week and a half to be completed. I just kept positive. Keep in contact with your recruiter bc they are very supportive and they can see your push for wanting to be hired. That's what I did. I constantly stayed in contact with my recruiter. She was very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

heartlessatbest in Mishawaka, Indiana

21 months ago

shesasurething08 said: @heartlessbest

Be very patient. It took me awhile to get my final answer that I got the job. My background almost took a week and a half to be completed. I just kept positive. Keep in contact with your recruiter bc they are very supportive and they can see your push for wanting to be hired. That's what I did. I constantly stayed in contact with my recruiter. She was very helpful.

Oh no, I know! I actually got confirmed, but then told my Canadian one was only 83% complete. I don't have anything on my record in either the US or Canada, so I know I'll be fine. I put in my 2 week notice on Thursday when it was sort of confirmed so I could give my current employer ample notice. I'm not concerned about the last 18% of my background check in Canada.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Strwbsprkl in Bronx, New York

21 months ago

Hey guys, I been stalking this forum lol. Tomorrow I have my second interview. The first went well I'm a bit nervous I'm interviewing with the store manager tomorrow any suggestion?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shesasurething08

21 months ago

Strwbsprkl in Bronx, New York said: Hey guys, I been stalking this forum lol. Tomorrow I have my second interview. The first went well I'm a bit nervous I'm interviewing with the store manager tomorrow any suggestion?

Just be yourself. If the store mrg is laid bck then you be laid bck. If he/she is professional then be professional. Watch your body language & make sure that all your answers are complete. For example: watch your ummm's & idk's as well ad wandering eyes. Try your best to keep eye contact. If you are unsure of any questions ask the mrg to repeat so you can answer the question correctly. Best of luck tho....go in and b yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

shesasurething08

21 months ago

Strwbsprkl in Bronx, New York said: Hey guys, I been stalking this forum lol. Tomorrow I have my second interview. The first went well I'm a bit nervous I'm interviewing with the store manager tomorrow any suggestion?

Just be yourself. If the store mrg is laid bck then you be laid bck. If he/she is professional then be professional. Watch your body language & make sure that all your answers are complete. For example: watch your ummm's & idk's as well as wandering eyes. Try your best to keep eye contact. If you are unsure of any questions ask the mrg to repeat so you can answer the question correctly. Best of luck tho....go in and b yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TELLEM1234 in Cleveland, Ohio

21 months ago

I had my phone interview with a recruiter then a couple of days later I had an interview with the regional manager. He told me it would be about a week or 2 before I hear back from them. I still havent heard from them. My submission status still says "Resume Acknowledged" and hasnt changed. Am I still being considered for the 3rd interview or should I move on?!!! I really want this job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Watty in Baltimore, Maryland

21 months ago

Feb. 18 I received my second interview it went smoothly and great, i then a few days later received a call from the same person i had the phone interview with, she stated that they gave the position to an internal rep. So i was informed to find another position in my area that was available when one open up. this process took about 2 weeks, i contact the same lady and she got right back to me and scheduled a face to face interview with the store manager the next day. I had my face to face interview with the store manager March 19, the interview went great the store manager informed me that i would hear something by the end of the week. i did not. i checked my status on the application and it went from " resume forwarded to store manager" to " awaiting final decision" Today i looked at my status and it says completed. I don't know if this indicates that i am hired or not. i also received a email from the store manager stating that he was looking forward to working with me at that location and if i needed anything to contact him. Im just curious to if anybody else had a similar process go along. Im still waiting contact from HR. when she first contacted me she told me the pay and explain to me the position "SSR" anybody have any idea. Ive been patient with att for 2 years now trying to apply for them. This is the furthest ive gotten so far

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

landicho in Willowbrook, Illinois

21 months ago

TELLEM1234 in Cleveland, Ohio said: I had my phone interview with a recruiter then a couple of days later I had an interview with the regional manager. He told me it would be about a week or 2 before I hear back from them. I still havent heard from them. My submission status still says "Resume Acknowledged" and hasnt changed. Am I still being considered for the 3rd interview or should I move on?!!! I really want this job!

For me my status on the jobs I know were being closely monitored was "Resume forwarded to hiring manager for review."

As for the wait, I have been waiting since February. They told me that they would contact me two weeks after my f2f interview but I was contacted a full month after by HR. My status is now "Complete." Just waiting for the actual offer right now.

My advise is that you keep in touch with your recruiter to know exactly where you`re at in the process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Strwbsprkl in Newark, New Jersey

21 months ago

Hey guys update:

Just got back from the interview with the store manager pretty basic. I really couldn't get a vibe from her I was supposed to interview with two people but the other one was at a training. She said the hiring managers made the decisions. I don't think it's true. She said I should hear back in 2 weeks. Well see :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kryptonite in Pensacola, Florida

21 months ago

ORIENTATION DAY FOR WIRE TECHNICIAN...ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THE ORIENTATION DAY IS?? I KNOW I WILL BE RECEIVING MY UNIFORMS THAT DAY AND BE TOLD WHEN TO START MY TRAINING WITH THE OTHER NEW HIRES...JUST WONDERING HOW LONG ORIENTATION DAY IS ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Strwbsprkl in Bronx, New York

21 months ago

Another update:

Another store manager contacted me today for another interview. Lets see how this one goes. Could this be a good thing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThatGuy in Austin, Texas

21 months ago

So after checking the hireright website everyday multiple times a day, I finally noticed that it said complete today and received a call from the recruter just minutes later giving me the official offer. So to anyone that is worried about not knowing the exact dates of previous employment, just try to guess the best you can and this should be fine. As for training they are sending me to St. Louis on April 14th unless a spot opens up in Irving. Good luck to all those still in the application process, and feel free to ask me any questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

landicho in Willowbrook, Illinois

21 months ago

so my status has been stuck to "complete" for 2 weeks now. Is there supposed to be a percentage next to it? like "complete 90%" or something? How do I know if they had forwarded my info to Hireright? I want to check my Hireright status but I don`t even really know if I am that far in the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RecentHire in Lewisville, Texas

21 months ago

landicho in Willowbrook, Illinois said: so my status has been stuck to "complete" for 2 weeks now. Is there supposed to be a percentage next to it? like "complete 90%" or something? How do I know if they had forwarded my info to Hireright? I want to check my Hireright status but I don`t even really know if I am that far in the process.

"Completed" means two things:

1. Your recruiter has compiled everything and can call you at anytime and offer you an interview.

2. You have already been offered a job conditional on the results of a background check. If you have already submitted the information for your background check, AND have taken a drug test, you can expect to see the 'completed' status until you are either offered the job, or your recruit. Informs you that you have not been selected for the position.

Hope for the best. If you haven't been formally offered a conditional offer, now is the time to prepare for the background check, because it is the most important part of the process.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RecentHire in Lewisville, Texas

21 months ago

Strwbsprkl in Bronx, New York said: Another update:

Another store manager contacted me today for another interview. Lets see how this one goes. Could this be a good thing?

Normally the second interview is given by the store manager of the store you're likely to be sent to.. but not always. The store manager will interview other candidates for the same position. However, as long as you're moving forward remain enthusiastic. Don't leave the interview without convincing them that YOU are their number one selection.
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.