Hiring Process At AT&T

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2251 to 2300 of 3940)
Page:  « First « Previous   43  44  45  46  47  48  49  Next »   Last »

SomeGuy in Homewood, Illinois

28 months ago

Fresh_HireTX in Lewisville, Texas said: There is no set time. HireRight will call to verify any thing that is questionable. After HireRight finishes your background they will send the report to your Recruiter for final decision. HireRight just does the background check; the final decision is not theirs to make. Good luck! HireRight is the hardest part of the entire process, but if you get through it you're gold. Just check in with your recruiter, and I would copy her/him on all correspondence with HireRight.

@Fresh_Hire-Thanks. I wasnt able to get in contact with the HR recruiter. I have another question, I tried to log in on the pre onborading portal and it is saying access denined. Do you (or anyone else) know if that hyperlink becomes inactive once all the forms are completed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fresh_HireTX in Lewisville, Texas

28 months ago

Once HireRight has completed the application on you, they normally make the report active so that you can see it and download it as well. For me - I didn't see it and download it until after my recruiter called and told me everything had been completed and then offered me the job.

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

28 months ago

SomeGuy in Homewood, Illinois said: @Fresh_Hire-Thanks. I wasnt able to get in contact with the HR recruiter. I have another question, I tried to log in on the pre onborading portal and it is saying access denined. Do you (or anyone else) know if that hyperlink becomes inactive once all the forms are completed?

The link can only be used one time and that's it. My HR recruiter told me to do all the info in one sitting and don't leave the site until you are done with everything since it can only work one time.

Cletta34 in Biloxi, Mississippi

28 months ago

I know it probably been answered, but I went to my interview ans the manager said I was selected and it would be ten days and I would receive and email. I got an email to do an tax survey and provide my ssn. But nothing since and my status says resume acknowledge. Is this good or bad in desperate need of guidance

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

28 months ago

Cletta34 in Biloxi, Mississippi said: I know it probably been answered, but I went to my interview ans the manager said I was selected and it would be ten days and I would receive and email. I got an email to do an tax survey and provide my ssn. But nothing since and my status says resume acknowledge. Is this good or bad in desperate need of guidance

So you got the tax survey after your interview with the mangers? If so, it'll take about a week or so for them to contact you again.

28 months ago

ReadyToWork12 in Texas said: So you got the tax survey after your interview with the mangers? If so, it'll take about a week or so for them to contact you again.[/QUOTe

On the day of the interview the manager told me I was selected. I received the tax survey and request of my ssn. So does this mean I have been selected for the job. I had my interview April 25th. I just hoping that I do but the process is mind racking.

28 months ago

Also what would the next step be, will it be hireright or the HR contacting about the job.

magee24

28 months ago

Yes you got the job just have to do your background check.... I'm in the diberville store are you going to the gulfport store..

28 months ago

magee24 said: Yes you got the job just have to do your background check.... I'm in the diberville store are you going to the gulfport store..

No Ill be working in the call center in Ocean Springs. Goodness this process is long the manager told me about ten days. Is that right.

magee24

28 months ago

You will hear from hr.... They will give you some information let you know you were chosen then they will also send you the information needed about hire rite and if I'm correct you will receive how much you will be getting paid...

magee24

28 months ago

Nope it will be a longer it took me a month and a half for everything

28 months ago

magee24 said: You will hear from hr.... They will give you some information let you know you were chosen then they will also send you the information needed about hire rite and if I'm correct you will receive how much you will be getting paid...

So probably this week I should hear from them. I'm so excited do like the company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Cletta34 in Biloxi, Mississippi said: So probably this week I should hear from them. I'm so excited do like the company

The manager said they were hiring 25 people for the month of May starting training on the 28th i believe.

Bayou_boy in Hammond, Louisiana

28 months ago

Ok I've read multiple post and discussions. Still have not found a similar situation as mine. I applied for the wire tech position online March 25th. I've made it through testing, phone interview, rjp, hireright, physical and drug testing. I got the final offer telling me about pay and when orientation begins. I was told I would be receiving a final offer packet about 2 weeks before orientation. That is about three days from now. but my status still says awaiting hr review. I received the final offer 2 weeks ago. and I'm hesitant about giving my current employer my notice due to the status. I emailed my recruiter but since it is sunday I am not expecting a response today. Should I be receiving the packet in the mail or via e-mail? What does the packet contain? Has anyone else made it through the process completely and their status does not say complete? Thanks for reading. All info appreciated.

Screamnlucki in Meridian, Mississippi

28 months ago

I applied for a service tech job here in meridian ms on April 10 and have passed the basic electricity test and have received about the three emails over all does anyone know how long it take before you do the RJP after the test. Theast email said it would be scheduled and I would be contacted but that's been a almost two weeks ago and what's after the RJP

Bayou_boy in Hammond, Louisiana

28 months ago

Screamnlucki in Meridian, Mississippi said: I applied for a service tech job here in meridian ms on April 10 and have passed the basic electricity test and have received about the three emails over all does anyone know how long it take before you do the RJP after the test. Theast email said it would be scheduled and I would be contacted but that's been a almost two weeks ago and what's after the RJP

After RJP if you pass that interview you will get a call or email telling you they want to offer you a contingent offer and to submit to a background check, drug screen and physical. once all that comes back they will offer you a firm offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Erica

28 months ago

I have a question. My application says "resume acknowled" but it won't let me edit my application. I was able to edit it yesterday. Does anyone know what could be causing that?

Tesh in Kansas City, Missouri

28 months ago

So, I was offered the job today by the store manager is interviewed with at my RJP, how long does the HR normally take to get in contact with you about doing the drug test etc.?

28 months ago

I guess i cant say she offered me the job, but she stated she was going to call the HR recruiter to let them know she approves of me to work at her location, what should I expect & how long? I just applied on May2nd & already May9th I have had 2 interviews in 2 days, and the store manager clearly stated she likes me and that I will get a call back.......

Bil in San Antonio, Texas

28 months ago

Question for y'all. So for now I applied in mid march and the position unposted May 3rd, then changed my status to: Resume Forwarded to Hiring Manager for Review

It has been determined that you have met the minimum requirements for the job. The AT&T Staffing Department has forwarded your resume to the Hiring Department for review.

I have yet to be contacted by anyone, no pre phone call screening or anything. Is that unusual, or is my first contact going to be after my resume is reviewed if they decide they like me? Anyone seen anything similar? Its for a business manager position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

After 3 VERY positive & almost promising interviews, today my status was updated to "Not Selected" WTF? I hate False Hopes from job interviews. It's Ridiculous.

IWannaWork! in Bakersfield, California

28 months ago

I applied for premise tech a few months ago, and got a letter that said "Congratulations! You recently attended a Realistic Job Preview for a Premises Technician position and participated in an assessment with an AT&T Hiring Manager. This letter is to advise you that you qualified on the Premises Technician Assessment.

You will be placed in a pool with other applicants who have qualified on this assessment. If you are identified as the most qualified for a future position, an AT&T Staffing Manager will be in contact with you."

This happened on April 19th 2013, Its may 17, 2013.....STILL NOTHING! Does it usually take this long to hear anything back? there were about 18 positions opened when I applied.

socomdark in Fort Collins, Colorado

27 months ago

I have a question of my own. I applied for a position a couple weeks ago and just applied for another one today. I've been through this process before last year and made it the realistic job preview, but was ultimately not selected. I still have the email for the recruiter from when I applied last year. do you think I should email him saying anything like how I'm still interested it something like that or will that come off as desperate?

tpouk in Beloit, Wisconsin

27 months ago

Tiesha716 in Texas said: Does anyone know how long does it take for at&t staffing to contact applicants? I have done the background check but not the drug test. The hiring manager told me that i was waiting to be contacted by staffing its been about 2 weeks how long should i wait before calling back?

you really don't want to work for att you have to work every day worrie about your job they tell you they give you training but after you done the work with out the training then they have a reason to fire you.they always looking ways to get you out by the wat the CWA union is not there to help you keep your job the union reps are there to protect there jobs . work with the IBEW in Illinois they are a stonger union then CWA.......based on a rect

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Loveofsales510 in Oakland, California

27 months ago

applied 05/03/2013 had a interview with Att thursday 05/09/2013 in texas as a RSC first i was contacted by the recruiter asked 2 questions really easy passed me on to interview with regional hiring manager f2f this time, the interviewer was very sweet she did ask alot of questions about how to deal with irate customers, why att and also go over your job experience emphasize your love for hitting surpassing quotas goals and providing great customer service etc, after this interview right after she made me go to the store i would be working at to interview with the store manager and do the realistic job preview were you shadow another rep, after this interview the next day 05/10/2013 i was sent a email requesting my ssn and tax survey. Monday 05/13/2013 i was called and was offered the job, I was sent my offer letter and my onboarding information as well as my background check forms, it is now 05/20/2013 my background is 100 percent complete and i start training in houston texas june 16th, it was actually a very quick process when att wants you they are fairly quick

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

27 months ago

Loveofsales510 in Oakland, California said: applied 05/03/2013 had a interview with Att thursday 05/09/2013 in texas as a RSC first i was contacted by the recruiter asked 2 questions really easy passed me on to interview with regional hiring manager f2f this time, the interviewer was very sweet she did ask alot of questions about how to deal with irate customers, why att and also go over your job experience emphasize your love for hitting surpassing quotas goals and providing great customer service etc, after this interview right after she made me go to the store i would be working at to interview with the store manager and do the realistic job preview were you shadow another rep, after this interview the next day 05/10/2013 i was sent a email requesting my ssn and tax survey. Monday 05/13/2013 i was called and was offered the job, I was sent my offer letter and my onboarding information as well as my background check forms, it is now 05/20/2013 my background is 100 percent complete and i start training in houston texas june 16th, it was actually a very quick process when att wants you they are fairly quick

Lucky! You're going to Houston. I'm going to San Antonio. I was hoping so place far.

27 months ago

ReadyToWork12 in Texas said: Lucky! You're going to Houston. I'm going to San Antonio. I was hoping so place far.

Lol I know right!!! they said it could be in dallas, san antonio are houston but they said most likely houston though, my training starts june 17th so im just waiting to get all of the details.

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

27 months ago

Loveofsales510 in Oakland, California said: Lol I know right!!! they said it could be in dallas, san antonio are houston but they said most likely houston though, my training starts june 17th so im just waiting to get all of the details.

If it was San Antonio it would be June 2nd since that's my training.

27 months ago

O OK see mines start the 17th just waiting on the recruiter to give me all the final details

El in Pleasanton, California

27 months ago

Loveofsales510 in Oakland, California said: O OK see mines start the 17th just waiting on the recruiter to give me all the final details

did you see if you can train in pleasanton ca so you dont have to leave the state?

27 months ago

El in Pleasanton, California said: did you see if you can train in pleasanton ca so you dont have to leave the state?

I will be working in Houston Texas I flew out to houston for my interview so my training will be in that region.

QuantumRoots in Springfield, Ohio

27 months ago

So I have been waiting for a reply from HR for about a week and a half now. I already did my drug test, background check and physical. Does it take this long? I am really nervous....

27 months ago

QuantumRoots in Springfield, Ohio said: So I have been waiting for a reply from HR for about a week and a half now. I already did my drug test, background check and physical. Does it take this long? I am really nervous....

No dont stress it call your hr contact to see and you can call hireright to request a copy of the report look at the report and see what the hr got as far as your background, drug test, i had to call my hr lady a few times, to ask her was i all ready for training etc, she told me yes everything was 100 percent complete and i was ready for training. But if you dont hear anything dont stress she also told me that i wont here anything specific till about a week before my training

QuantumRoots in Springfield, Ohio

27 months ago

I just called HR and she said that my online profile was bare and had nothing on it but when I went on there it was up to date with a few minor things missing. Still feels like I am getting high hopes on this...

27 months ago

QuantumRoots in Springfield, Ohio said: I just called HR and she said that my online profile was bare and had nothing on it but when I went on there it was up to date with a few minor things missing. Still feels like I am getting high hopes on this...

O Ok I dont know what your online profile is bare means??? but if you did the background check the drug test and you passed it you should be fine, I asked my hr recruiter when i spoke to her was everything complete for me to start training and she told me.(Its safe to say your ready for training we will call you a week before with all the details.

Trevor in Fort Wayne, Indiana

27 months ago

So I applied for a retail sales job with AT&T last week and just took the two online assessment tests today.

The first was 114 questions (repetitive, similar) of your typical "Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, Agree, Strongly Agree". I completed that and it said I passed and was ok to move on to the next test.

This one was by AT&T (their website head) and I swear, 90% of the questions focused on stealing from work. It was all "If ___ Stole $5 from work, would you fire them" then "If ____ Stole $20 from work, would you fire them" "Have you ever stolen anything from work in the last THREE YEARS" "Do you often contemplate stealing from work, but never do it"

It was freaking insane. They must have a plethora of employees that steal. Needless to say, I took it (about 15 min. long) then I get an email from AT&T:

"We regret to inform you that you did not pass the requirements for this position during testing."

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOUR COMPANY? I mean. Now I'll just never know even WHY!! You could at least say "Based on your responses to these questions below" or something. This is why so many people in a job hunt are left dumbfounded cause we don't get a job and no one can even tell us why or how to do better in the future.

I mean, not to toot my own horn but I'm a smart guy, a cell phone nerd, and have 4 years of retail experience. I don't know why AT&T would sell themselves so short so soon!

I think I will try to contact their HR.

Jarred_Sherman in Lewisville, Texas

27 months ago

Trevor in Fort Wayne, Indiana said: So I applied for a retail sales job with AT&T last week and just took the two online assessment tests today.

The first was 114 questions (repetitive, similar) of your typical "Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, Agree, Strongly Agree". I completed that and it said I passed and was ok to move on to the next test.

This one was by AT&T (their website head) and I swear, 90% of the questions focused on stealing from work. It was all "If ___ Stole $5 from work, would you fire them" then "If ____ Stole $20 from work, would you fire them" "Have you ever stolen anything from work in the last THREE YEARS" "Do you often contemplate stealing from work, but never do it"

It was freaking insane. They must have a plethora of employees that steal. Needless to say, I took it (about 15 min. long) then I get an email from AT&T:

"We regret to inform you that you did not pass the requirements for this position during testing."

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOUR COMPANY? I mean. Now I'll just never know even WHY!! You could at least say "Based on your responses to these questions below" or something. This is why so many people in a job hunt are left dumbfounded cause we don't get a job and no one can even tell us why or how to do better in the future.

I mean, not to toot my own horn but I'm a smart guy, a cell phone nerd, and have 4 years of retail experience. I don't know why AT&T would sell themselves so short so soon!

I think I will try to contact their HR.

I would say that there is probably as much stealing (or attempts made) at AT&T as there is in retail across the board, but I would also say that hardly anyone is going to get away with it at AT&T. For reasons I'm certain you can surmise on your own, let's just say that this is a COMMUNICATIONS/TECHNOLOGY company. Every key stroke is recorded and there are cameras everywhere... period.

If you admitted to stealing on any level, why would they hire you?

qadirtokhi in Corning, California

27 months ago

what is the number for HR

Trevor in Fort Wayne, Indiana

27 months ago

Jarred_Sherman in Lewisville, Texas said: I would say that there is probably as much stealing (or attempts made) at AT&T as there is in retail across the board, but I would also say that hardly anyone is going to get away with it at AT&T. For reasons I'm certain you can surmise on your own, let's just say that this is a COMMUNICATIONS/TECHNOLOGY company. Every key stroke is recorded and there are cameras everywhere... period.

If you admitted to stealing on any level, why would they hire you?

Sorry, I meant to be more clear on that.

I never admitted to stealing (I havent) or anything. I answered every question "perfectly" In the sense of: Not condoning any rule breaking or stealing whatsoever.

Guess thats not what they want

27 months ago

I answered the same way Trevor and I passed the test. It could be possible that you may have hit a wrong answer by accident.

Shellah in Fort Campbell, Tennessee

27 months ago

Tesh in Kansas City, Missouri said: I guess i cant say she offered me the job, but she stated she was going to call the HR recruiter to let them know she approves of me to work at her location, what should I expect & how long? I just applied on May2nd & already May9th I have had 2 interviews in 2 days, and the store manager clearly stated she likes me and that I will get a call back.......

I wish you luck! Have you heard anything back?

27 months ago

socomdark in Fort Collins, Colorado said: I answered the same way Trevor and I passed the test. It could be possible that you may have hit a wrong answer by accident.

How do ya'll know if you passed the test or not? I've had the 3 interviews and before the interviews I had to take the test and now a week later my status is Resume Acknowledged. I have also already been asked for my SS and did a tax survey.

beeman

27 months ago

i have to go test for a wire tech position sat june 1st does anyone no what the test is about?

Angela

27 months ago

I'm slightly confused about where I stand in this whole process. I applied for a RSC job on the 26th, took the assessment the same day, and then yesterday received an email saying that they wanted to set up a time for a phone interview. I'm confused because on their website the status of my application is "All vacancies have been filled. While you have met the minimum requirements for the position, no vacancies are available at this time." And they updated it yesterday. Why would they say that and ask to interview me on the same day?

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

27 months ago

Angela said: I'm slightly confused about where I stand in this whole process. I applied for a RSC job on the 26th, took the assessment the same day, and then yesterday received an email saying that they wanted to set up a time for a phone interview. I'm confused because on their website the status of my application is "All vacancies have been filled. While you have met the minimum requirements for the position, no vacancies are available at this time." And they updated it yesterday. Why would they say that and ask to interview me on the same day?

Sounds like a phishing scam email. AT&T does not email candidates for interview contact unless it is a teleconference. Go by what has been posted on the job website.

Qadir Tokhi in Sacramento, California

27 months ago

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN CONTACT AT&T FOR THE PREMISES TECH POSITION? ITS BEEN AMLOST 6 MONTHS AFTER I HAD MY FIRST INTERVIEW WHICH A WEEK LATER I GOT AN EMAIL SAYING I HAVE PASSED AND WILL BE MOVING FORWARD. AND YET I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY STATUS UPDATE AT ALL. WHEN I GO ONLINE IT SAYS WAITING FOR HR REVIEW AND ANOTHER ONE SAYS WAITING FOR DEPARTMENT REVIEW.

PLEASE HELP THANKS.
SORRY FOR CAPS.

Angela6694 in Olympia, Washington

27 months ago

I have no idea if it's a teleconference or not. It gave me 3 times to choose from on Friday and to reply with the one I wanted. The email basically just gave me a list (Willing to work retail hours which may consist of nights, weekends, and holidays.
Able to meet sales goals (base pay plus commissioned position)...blah blah blah) and said if I answered yes to all to reply with my choice of time. How would this be a phishing email? I really have no experience with jobs that consist of so much interviewing and such before.

27 months ago

Angela6694 in Olympia, Washington said: I have no idea if it's a teleconference or not. It gave me 3 times to choose from on Friday and to reply with the one I wanted. The email basically just gave me a list (Willing to work retail hours which may consist of nights, weekends, and holidays.
Able to meet sales goals (base pay plus commissioned position)...blah blah blah) and said if I answered yes to all to reply with my choice of time. How would this be a phishing email? I really have no experience with jobs that consist of so much interviewing and such before.

it's not a phishing email. when I went through this process before I also got an email for setting up interviews. I think it depends on the central hiring manager method of doing things. I've gotten phone interviews and store interviews from the same guy before. if they are still contacting you then they may you want you for a different position elsewhere

Angela6694 in Olympia, Washington

27 months ago

Got a phone interview set up on Monday and the status on the website changed to "Resume Forwarded to Hiring Manager for Review"!! Ahh!! :D

27 months ago

I got my job offer now I'm filling out paperwork for hire right!!!! I'm so excited training for me starts July 15 in Louisville KY

Page:  « First « Previous   43  44  45  46  47  48  49  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.