Interview Retail Sales Consultant Alexandria LA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Chris Gaultier in Louisiana

3 months ago

Was curious if anyone has been successful in getting hired by att for a sales position with little retail experience. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. Overall I thought the interview went well but I'm thinking that I should've stuck with my original plan and waited to apply after I had at least a year at my current wireless sales position with walmart but I couldn't wait it's my dream job. I know the mobile world and customers love me. I don't have a lot of sales experience but I'm a natural I sold a blind man a HDTV and a blue ray player. I can't count how many contract devices get activated on ST a day. Att would be making a great investment just from the simple fact that I would no longer be selling so many ST BYOP kits and assisting customers with activations and apn settings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Leroy in Leesville, Louisiana

3 months ago

Hey Chris,

I interviewed on Tuesday for a Full Time RSC position in Leesville, LA with the area Hiring Manager and got a call from the Store Manager today with a job offer. I had previously worked at Best Buy for 2+ years in Operations (Cashier, Customer Service, etc) and they had no issues with my lack of sales experience. I'm also a Veteran so that might have played into it. Keep us posted if you get the offer, we might end up in the same training class.

Leroy

3 months ago

Hey Chris,

Did you hear anything back yet? I finally got the call back from Staffing with my contingent offer. I start at the store on Aug 7th, and training on the 8th in Lafayette. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Leroy

Chris Gaultier in Ville Platte, Louisiana

3 months ago

Didn't get it guys.

3 months ago

Sorry to hear that, I was hoping you'd have gotten the offer and I'd kinda know someone going into the training. I've read a lot of the forums here and if I could take anything out of it is to keep applying. Maybe they had a previous AT&T employee or a transfer.

When I worked at Best Buy I had the job title of Operations Coordinator, it was like a mini supervisor role. Our Store Manager ended up getting promoted, the Ops Manager got the Store Manager, the Ops Sup took over as the new Manager, so I was a shoe in for the Sup role. I interviewed for it, nailed the interview, but at the same time the position opened up a previous Best Buy employee had moved to the area with her husband (who was military) and they ended up hiring her as the new Sup because of her years more experience at Best Buy. I was atleast able to move up to Full Time even though I didn't get the Sup spot.

Keep your head up, keep applying and definitely keep us posted when you get the job!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.