Is 4 months (ab)normal?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

anticipating in Norwich, Connecticut

39 months ago

I applied for a Prem Tech job at the end of February and took the test 2 weeks later in March.

My status STILL says:
Job Status: Inactive (No Longer Accepting Job Submissions)
Submission Status (Click Status to View Description) Testing Status Update – Updated: Mar 8, 2011

Has anyone gone much longer without so much as a phone interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Well, I finally got a call from a real human being this past Friday. The original position i applied for back in February/March ended up with "All Vacancies Filled" a couple weeks ago and then there was suddenly another opening under a new REQ# to which i applied again. a few days later it gave me the "Testing Status Update" like above, but with a new date.

So this person called me and asked me if i was still interested, and they went over some new questions like if i'll be able to perform the duties, etc.. and even told me what the pay was.. and then said i have to attend a "Premises Technician Assessment" in a couple weeks.

Now thinking about it, i wondered if this was the same exact test i initially took in March that asked me the mechanical and logic questions.. so i called the person back and they said that it's actually a different test.

Is anyone aware of this particular test and what i should be aware of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

ok, an update.

After receiving that call, i had scheduled for the PTA/Face to Face interview 1 week ago (8/4/11) and went.

AT&T to their credit, did not sugar coat anything. They gave a group of us a "Realistic Job Preview" and it is exactly what they said. Basically, it's a tough job and they pretty much "own you". and after telling you what you'll deal with, they expect a few people to take the opportunity to leave if they feel the job is not for them!

They want people who will work hard and give it their best, and are best fit for the physical rigors and mental rigors of this job. Good for them! After the presentation, they have a group of managers each take an individual candidate and give them a short interview about "tell us a time when you..." type questions.

that's pretty much it, very short and to the point. I did that last Thursday and received a call just yesterday! They want me in! granted the location is not my first choice, but hey, i WANT to work!

So yesterday they made me the contingent offer, and had me go do my physical/drug screening today, which i did, and i just now finished the HireRight forms online.

My current tentative start date is Sept 02.

So if you are reading this, wondering if it takes a while, IT CAN!! between taking the FMT test (march 4th) and an actual start date (Sept 2) that's 6 months to get in the door.

Don't be discouraged!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

soutboi713 in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

anticipating in Norwich, Connecticut said: ok, an update.

After receiving that call, i had scheduled for the PTA/Face to Face interview 1 week ago (8/4/11) and went.

AT&T to their credit, did not sugar coat anything. They gave a group of us a "Realistic Job Preview" and it is exactly what they said. Basically, it's a tough job and they pretty much "own you". and after telling you what you'll deal with, they expect a few people to take the opportunity to leave if they feel the job is not for them!

They want people who will work hard and give it their best, and are best fit for the physical rigors and mental rigors of this job. Good for them! After the presentation, they have a group of managers each take an individual candidate and give them a short interview about "tell us a time when you..." type questions.

that's pretty much it, very short and to the point. I did that last Thursday and received a call just yesterday! They want me in! granted the location is not my first choice, but hey, i WANT to work!

So yesterday they made me the contingent offer, and had me go do my physical/drug screening today, which i did, and i just now finished the HireRight forms online.

My current tentative start date is Sept 02.

So if you are reading this, wondering if it takes a while, IT CAN!! between taking the FMT test (march 4th) and an actual start date (Sept 2) that's 6 months to get in the door.

Don't be discouraged!!

how long does it normally takes for them to call/email you back after the RJP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.