My experience with AT&T

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 119)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

AJ 2011 in Wichita, Kansas

43 months ago

cou9816 in Houston, Texas said: Just finished my second week of training on Friday. Headed to my third week which will be in the my store tomorrow. I think this is going to be the most challenging week of all four. I was told that completing every page in our training book was absolutely necessary or we could be ask to restart training or even dismissed. So better believe I will have this book completed even if I have to do some work off the clock even though thats against COBC. I will not restart the training, I have enjoyed it but only making the minimum salary through base pay won't cut it for another month.

Week 3 isn't bad. Just follow your participant guide and you'll be fine. Try your best to minimize distractions, especially if your computer is in the breakroom. One piece of advice: drive in OPUS as much as you can. When you're doing floor observations, looking over a rep's shoulder won't teach you near as much as actually going thru the steps with the mouse in your hand, so even if it means being a little proactive and reminding the other RSC's that you need to be driving. You'll have plenty of time this week to get everything done. I had a few classes that I failed/didn't finish from weeks 1 and 2 that I easily finished up in week 3. Definitely don't work off the clock. Don't be shy about pulling your managers aside even if they're busy when you have a question or when it's time for customer of the day or your one-on-one. Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Waterford, Connecticut

43 months ago

I start my training class on March 21 in Rocky Hill, CT. My recruiter has me in a hotel because I live 50 miles away, which is nice. I'm supposed to get a call from someone a week before my class starts to give me my travel arrangements, does anyone know if it is my manager or someone else? Do they give us a debit card for our food or are we on our own? What week do we get our company phones? I'm very excited about starting as an RSC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cou9816 in Houston, Texas

43 months ago

Mark in Waterford, Connecticut said: I start my training class on March 21 in Rocky Hill, CT. My recruiter has me in a hotel because I live 50 miles away, which is nice. I'm supposed to get a call from someone a week before my class starts to give me my travel arrangements, does anyone know if it is my manager or someone else? Do they give us a debit card for our food or are we on our own? What week do we get our company phones? I'm very excited about starting as an RSC.

I am about to start my fourth week of training. Your manager should call you about all of your travel arrangements on the Wednesday or Thursday before you go. Mine emailed me all the info on the reservation but I still had issues when I went to check in because you don't have the credit card that they used to reserve the room, so I had to get ahold of my manager and there was a form that needs to be filled out. So have your managers number saved. Also, you should get a prepaid debit card for food. It should be about 40-42 dollars a day for food, be sure to keep all receipts and do not go over that amount. And there was a mix up with our card delivery so we didnt get ours until that thursday of the first week. If you have this issue keep all your receipts for reimbursement. Also, I got my COU phone on the third week when training was back in the store. I got the HTC Inspire....Awesome. Training can be alot of fun long as you get involved, the Web Based Training is a little boring but you learn alot. Just be ready for alot of info, and don't expect to remember everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Woodridge, Illinois

43 months ago

So what does training look like for people who drive an hour to the site? Is there gas reimbursement? I'm asking about retail consultant training.

Grainger in Mableton, Georgia

43 months ago

I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS I RECENTLY HAD MY PHONE INTERVIEW AND FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW WITHIN THE PAST MONTH AND I RECENTLY JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE STORE MANAGER SHE ASKED ABOUT WHY I WANT THE JOB AND WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO START THEN SHE SAID I SHOULD BE HEARING FROM HR WITHIN A WEEK MAYBE EVEN SOONER. DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE WHAT MY CHANCES OF GETTING THE JOB ARE??

43 months ago

Jay,

I heard from a lot of people that if you drive you will be compensated for gas. I live an hour and 15 minutes away and I was given the choice to either stay at the hotel or commute. I have night blindness, so I commuted. I believe the rule of thumb is anything more then 50 miles, you stay at the hotel. My friends who've went through the training said they put people up in nice hotels,; i'll be staying at the Marriott. If you stay in a hotel you get a debit card with $40/day in food, just loike the person above said.

Grainger,

It seems a little unorthadox that they would call you for a phone interview to be your last interview, but who knows, maybe the manager is weird that way. I was caled in for my 3rd interview and was told that it was between me and one other candidate. After they had me "sell" them a phone, they asked if I had any further questions and that was it. I heard from HR a week later, offering my the position. When you get hired, you will go through a system called HireRight. They will give you a user name and password to get to a custom made site for you. At the site, it will ask you to verify and edit or add any additional employment. DO NOT LIE! They will catch you and will have more trouble verifying things, ultimitley leading towards HR rescinding your application. I didn't lie on my application so my app was processed in 3 business days, including my drug screen. Please let me know how it goes and if there are any other further questions for the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Florida Girl in Mascotte, Florida

43 months ago

@ mark ,

Mark i have a question for you . I am done with everything and waiting on my final hiring decision . my question is about hire rite . I worked with my husband at his company for about 2 years and i put that on my application but i was paid in cash not paystubs because at the time i was married to him . I am since no longer married to him are they going to have a hard time verifying my employment with him or is it as simple as them calling to verify employment with my x husband? i now he will say that i was employed there or is it something that i should bring to the attention of my hr rep as i dont want to loose this oppurtunity . Any info would be greatly appriciated .

43 months ago

Florida Girl,

HireRight does not mess around. If your employment cannot be verified, they will ask for documentation. If you cannot prove that you worked there with documentation, on their official report to AT&T it will most likely cite that they were unable to verify said employment. When that comes back to the recruiter, he will call you and ask if you can verify it again. If you cannot verify it, then they have to re-evaluate your decision. It can go either way; your pay could go down or they could just not hire you at all. AT&T seems like they want to ensure that whomever they hire are not going to be flakes or liars, which is why AT&T is so successful as a telecommunications company and an employer that employees love to work for. I would call your HR rep and just let them know of the situation beforehand. I hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

@ Mark

Thank you so much for the information i will call my hr rep and see what they tell me to do as i was not trying to lie , i did work there just with no paystub because like i said it was my x husbands company so i dont want that to bite me in the butt. Hope all works out for me .

Niki123 in orlando, Florida

43 months ago

Mark in Waterford, Connecticut said: Florida Girl,

HireRight does not mess around. If your employment cannot be verified, they will ask for documentation. If you cannot prove that you worked there with documentation, on their official report to AT&T it will most likely cite that they were unable to verify said employment. When that comes back to the recruiter, he will call you and ask if you can verify it again. If you cannot verify it, then they have to re-evaluate your decision. It can go either way; your pay could go down or they could just not hire you at all. AT&T seems like they want to ensure that whomever they hire are not going to be flakes or liars, which is why AT&T is so successful as a telecommunications company and an employer that employees love to work for. I would call your HR rep and just let them know of the situation beforehand. I hope this helps!

Did HireRight e-mail you are call you regarding the background check. My Recruiter told me the documents I would need but I have not received anything yet regarding it.....wondering if I missed something

43 months ago

niki,

no they did not my recruiter told me that i should be hearing something soon .Just not sure as to exacally when. Was not given any specifics . I did talk to my hr rep today but she was not of any help, because i have a situaton where i worked at my x husbands company but did not recieve paychecks and was given cash , but i have an ein number to show the buisness is legit as well as my tax returns to show that we filed taxs on the buisness, just not sure if that will be enough proof for hire rite. I GUESS they are conseiting it as being self employed. Have no clue am so confused . My hr rep just told me to go through the process when i recieve the information and see what happens. I just hope my outcome will be ok. Did they give you any specifics to when u would hear something? I know training is going to be coming up soon so i just hope to complete the process and be hired before that because i really need a job. Hope all works out for you . Let me know if u find out anything that i dont .

43 months ago

They do reimburse your miles whether you stay in a hotel or commute everyday. It is .51 cents a mile and they will provide you with a prepaid debit card with 42 dollars a day per diem for food.

43 months ago

Hi Cou,

Do you know how long before the training starts that the onboarding team calls about hotel accomodations, debit card, etC?

Grainger in Lithonia, Georgia

43 months ago

@Mark thank you so much for your advice. I have another question as of today my status says Completed before that it was still saying "Resume forwarded to hiring manager for review, is that good or bad?

florida girl in Mascotte, Florida

43 months ago

@grainger

Have you had your interview? if you did and you were considered for the positition it would say resume forwarded to hiring manager for review, have you heard from you at&T recutier about the drug screen or hire rite process? once you hear from your recutier about that then the status goes to completed while you are doing the backround check and drug screning. You should not worry about anything unless you cant pass your backround check or drug screening . That is good news and your recruiter should be in contact with you . That is how my process has been so far . any other questions feel free to ask . hope this has helped you.

43 months ago

Mark in Waterford, Connecticut said: Hi Cou,

Do you know how long before the training starts that the onboarding team calls about hotel accomodations, debit card, etC?

Your manager should give you a call the thursday before training to fill you in about all of your hotel info, and debit card should be sent to your training location, we had a mix up with ours and didnt get it till thursday, so if that happens just keep your receipts for reimbursement

Tabathaak in Kenai, Alaska

43 months ago

I applied got all the way to the interview with the regional hiring manager and i think that went great but its been a week since my interview and my status still says "forwarded to hiring manager for review" and ive heard nothing. I really want this job but as time goes by i am getting discouraged.

Ashton Renae in Alice, Texas

43 months ago

Tabathaak in Kenai, Alaska said: I applied got all the way to the interview with the regional hiring manager and i think that went great but its been a week since my interview and my status still says "forwarded to hiring manager for review" and ive heard nothing. I really want this job but as time goes by i am getting discouraged.

Maybe they are busy and can't evaluate the different cantidates yet. For example, I went to my second interview on Monday and the store manager told me that it could be up to two weeks before I receive a call from the hiring manager telling me if I have the job or not because she's on vacation this week.

43 months ago

I'm applying for the Sales Support Representative training. Anyone know what the training is like for this position? The only thing I know is that it is only 2 weeks long compared to an RSC's training of four weeks.

43 months ago

...I meant to put "I'm applying for the Sales Support Representative"

Tabathaak in Kenai, Alaska

43 months ago

Ashton Renae in Alice, Texas said: Maybe they are busy and can't evaluate the different cantidates yet. For example, I went to my second interview on Monday and the store manager told me that it could be up to two weeks before I receive a call from the hiring manager telling me if I have the job or not because she's on vacation this week.

I hope u are right! I am very qualified for this job and would be great at it. I have a good work history and no criminal background. So i will give it another week before i give up hope.

43 months ago

Thank you to everyone that helped me with my questions about the AT&T process. I just recieved confirmation from the onboarding arrangements for my class next Monday. For those of you that are interested in what they do for those who are traveling, you will be put in a hotel; a decent one. They are putting me in a Hampton
Inn, which is awesome because I'm an HHonors member so I'll be able to accumulate my points from this stay. You will get your prepaid debit cards on the first day of class, unless they get lost, you will recieve $42 a day for food---no alcohol, ciggarettes, etc...just food.

I'm pretty pumped up for the first day but sad that i'll be away from my wife and 18 month old.

43 months ago

@ mark

Thats awsome congrats . i do have a question for u do u know how long it takes to do the hirerite back round check? i am in the process of it now and thankfully i didnt have a problem with working for my x husband i showed proof through tax returns and an ein number so they accepted that . Everything elese should work out for me . I did my drug test 2 days ago do u know how long it takes to get the results back? hopeing everything works out and really looking forward to starting a new career. Any help would be appriciated .

43 months ago

@ mark

Congrats!! i do have a question for u do u know how long it takes to get your drug test results back , and how long it takes hirerite do to the backround check? i am going through the process now . i am so happy that even though i worked at my x husbands company i was able to provide proof with an ein number and tax returns for the buisness . was a little concerned with that but hire rite did except that stuff and told me i would be ok . I am just hopeing everything elese turns out ok as it should . Any info would greatly help . It will be very tough leaving your family totally agree with that .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Hi Florida Girl,

HireRight only took me about 3 days to get my background check done and 2 days for my drug test. I heard my results a few days later.

florida girl in Mascotte, Florida

43 months ago

Thank you Mark . I should be hearing something soon then i hope .

Niki123 in orlando, Florida

43 months ago

so today I logged online to check my status and everything still looks fine except for the Job Status says Job Posting Cancelled !! So I wonder if that means they are no longer hiring :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grainger in Atlanta, Georgia

43 months ago

@Mark Congrats to you and thank you so much for your help I got a job offer this past tuesdsy my start date is April 15th! I took my drug test and got my background started yesterday now just waiting to clear background exactly how long does it take?

43 months ago

Niki123 in orlando, Florida said: so today I logged online to check my status and everything still looks fine except for the Job Status says Job Posting Cancelled !! So I wonder if that means they are no longer hiring :(

I would think so. Maybe they found someone for the position. =/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

@ Niki 123

Niki mines said the same thing and i called and spoke with the recruiter and she told me it was just cause they have enough canidates for the position , cause as of a few minutes ago mine now says complete . Did u do your drug test and backround check yet ? I know they have done mine and it was sent to them on wensday when it was completed . The recruiter told me that they are now making final decisions so hopefully i will hear something soon from them as i really need this job . Dont get discouraged because thats how i was and it seems like eveything is working out . The recruiter also told me if you dont make it you will get an email or it will say canidate disqualifed on your status so as long as it doesnt say that just keep hopeing. Hope everything works out for you let me know .

43 months ago

@ Grainger

My backround took 3 days to complete and the drug screen took 2 days . Then its a wait to hear from them . My reruiter told me it could take as much as up to 2 weeks to make you an offer . I wish you all of the best in the hiring process .

43 months ago

@ Grainger

The background check can either be really quick or be really lengthy. It all depends on if they can verify your employment with every company and if your background comes up clean or not. At least that's what I understood from my HR rep today when she called me.

43 months ago

If any employment comes back unverified they will email you telling you the issues and I think they gave me 24 hours to verify the employment. I just scanned and emailed them a copy of my W-2 forms from those jobs that weren't verified because they company I had worked for a few years ago had shut down and I wasn't aware of it, so they weren't able to get in touch with anyone.

43 months ago

I have recently completed my hire rite backround check and drug screen . I recieved a copy of my report from hire rite and everything came back good . They were able to verify all my employment and my drug screen was negative . My question is how long does it take to recieve the final offer as i know my hr rep got my results back on tuesday and i still havent heard anything yet ,but i was also told my someone elese that it can take up to as much as 2 weeks to get an offer . Does anyone know if thats true? If i dont hear something soon should i call my hr rep and try to find out or just wait it out. My status says complete . Any help would be greatly appriciated as the waiting process is driving me insane. LOL

43 months ago

Florida Girl in Mascotte, Florida said: I have recently completed my hire rite backround check and drug screen . I recieved a copy of my report from hire rite and everything came back good . They were able to verify all my employment and my drug screen was negative . My question is how long does it take to recieve the final offer as i know my hr rep got my results back on tuesday and i still havent heard anything yet ,but i was also told my someone elese that it can take up to as much as 2 weeks to get an offer . Does anyone know if thats true? If i dont hear something soon should i call my hr rep and try to find out or just wait it out. My status says complete . Any help would be greatly appriciated as the waiting process is driving me insane. LOL

That's weird. They gave me the offer before they did my bg check. I just submitted the form for my bg check on Friday and I'm waitin on the results. I know everything will come back clear though LOL. So I'm not worried. I still have to do my drug screen after my bg comes back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

@ Ashton Renae

I thought that was weird also but my hr rep seems like she really doesnt know too much . Not really sure if she is new or what . I did my backround check and drug screen on the same day because that what i was told to do . I was told the drug screen needed to be completed within 48 hrs . Maybe everyone does it diffrent not really sure . The hire rite process is really quick if they can verify your employment easily . Mine only took 3 days and my drug screen took 2 days . I just dont know if i should try to call my hr rep and see whats going on as it has been almost a week since they got my results back. I was told by her though that training would be on April 4th. I just hope that i hear something soon because i dont even know where i will go for training. I was also informed that i could be sent out of state for training. I just wish that my hr rep knew more than what she does and i also wish there was someone elese to talk to besides her . I just dont know what to do and the way that she makes it seem is like you wont know till last minute which i dont really like . I guess i will just have to wait and see what happens .

43 months ago

They were supposed to send me an email about the drug screen but haven't sent me one yet.

I'm hopefully going to the one on April 4th. My rep said its tentatively going to be in plano tx.

43 months ago

I believe they let you know all the arrangements the Thursday before.

43 months ago

Ok sounds good! So do Hireright send you a confirmation email stating that your background check cleared?

Florida Girl in Mascotte, Florida said: @ Grainger

My backround took 3 days to complete and the drug screen took 2 days . Then its a wait to hear from them . My reruiter told me it could take as much as up to 2 weeks to make you an offer . I wish you all of the best in the hiring process .

43 months ago

@ Grainger

Yes hire rite sends you an email letting you know your backround has been completed . If you wish to have a copy of the report u can request it by calling customer service .

43 months ago

How did the email start off I think I may have gotten that

Florida Girl in Mascotte, Florida said: @ Grainger

Yes hire rite sends you an email letting you know your backround has been completed . If you wish to have a copy of the report u can request it by calling customer service .

Florida GIRL in Mascotte, Florida

43 months ago

@ Grainer

It comes from hire rite customer service and the tile should say hire rite process and once you open up the email it will say that your back round is complete and it was sent to the hr manager on a certain date and time . If you have gotten this email it means your backround check is complete if you have not they could still be working on it . If you have any questions you can always call hirerites customer service number and they will let you know how far along you are in the backround process.

42 months ago

Thank you so much for your help my recruiter said he is going to call me today with an update hopefully its a good one. Since I already know my start date I wonder what else would he have to tell me?

Florida GIRL in Mascotte, Florida said: @ Grainer

It comes from hire rite customer service and the tile should say hire rite process and once you open up the email it will say that your back round is complete and it was sent to the hr manager on a certain date and time . If you have gotten this email it means your backround check is complete if you have not they could still be working on it . If you have any questions you can always call hirerites customer service number and they will let you know how far along you are in the backround process.

Grainger in Syosset, New York

42 months ago

Has anyone been to training recently? If so when do they give you your company phone and what kind of phone have they been giving out lately???

42 months ago

Grainger in Syosset, New York said: Has anyone been to training recently? If so when do they give you your company phone and what kind of phone have they been giving out lately???

I am a month out of training I got my phone the thrid week while back in the store, and I got a HTC Inspire. The other 3 in my class didnt get theirs till they got done with training and back in the store

Successfulmama in Snellville, Georgia

42 months ago

hey...i haven't been on this forum in a while.. i was offered a position with at&t for a full time sales support rep. but i declined it... now i have another interview for full time sales... does anyone have an idea what the base pay is for sales

Tae in Chicago, Illinois

39 months ago

Can someone please tell me what "met minimum qualifications" mean? This is what my status says after my first phone interview.

That Guy345 in Long Beach, California

33 months ago

Hi I have a question for Jasmine in Nola! With the background check I have had two misdemeanor on my record and got them expunged and i was wondering will hireRight see that??? do i still have to say i have a record or no???? i don't want to miss any opportunities with AT&T. let me know more about your experience as you have been very helpful on here!!! thank you.

Shawn in Irving, Texas

32 months ago

Jasmine in New Orleans, Louisiana said: The interview with the manager is the good part. You pretty much have the job, if the manager likes you and thinks you will help the store. He asked my availability, asked what I could bring to the store, and things like that. 2 days after the interview I got a call from the local HR department and was offered the job. All in all it took me about a week and a half. But like I said, there were plenty positions available.

The final stage was the hardest part, for me, because I have a misdemeanor on my background. After they offer you the job, you have to wait until your background comes back to start training. During which time they can rescind your job offer. I self reported my misdemeanor, which I think helped. Don't try to cover anything up because these background checks that HireRight does are detailed!

I was supposed to start Dec 6th but because of complications with how the misdemeanor appeared on my background (as a felony!!) I ended up having to dispute it. All the while I stayed in full contact with my rep from HR (who was very nice) and was able to get my record disputed. After my dispute, however, HireRight wanted me to write up a reason why AT&T should still hire me despite the charge on my criminal history (haha its not as bad as I'm making it seem) and I honestly wrote why I should be hired. That was yesterday. Now I'm back on track and I'm waiting to start on the 3rd.

I don't have my travel arrangements (yet) but I'll try to keep this updated as I go! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask :)

Man I applied and they sent me an email for the computer test now my job app says testing qualified does this mean I will hear back from them and that's for two positions I applied for I applied for 4 positions

deastham in Gulf Shores, Alabama

30 months ago

Can anybody tell me what it means when it says your resume has been forwarded to the hiring manager? Is that a good thing or not? I have already had my phone interview, my interview with a hiring manager, and my interview with the store manager and assistant store manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.