Comments (101 to 115 of 115)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

arthyrossy in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

27 months ago

Hi,

Just like to ask about my job application at at&t

Ive been interviewed last tuesday and I think it went well
At the end the team manager showed me around the call center environment
Even the pantry area( ate they doing this to all the applicants).
2days had passed and I didn't hear anything from them. I'm kinda need
This job and I want this job I already sent a thank you letter right when i got home
Last tuesday and called the hiring manager this afternoon but I can't reached her and
I was always directed to voice mail.

Is that mean that I don't get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brent in Jackson, Michigan

27 months ago

I have read many posts on this site and now that i finally have a job offer i feel like i should post my process on here for others to read and ask questions. I applied for all RSC positions in my area Dec 12, did the personality test and the second test about stealing and what not. It was almost exactly a month later and i received a call from HR. It wasn't really an interview, more like "Are you still interested in the job and would you be willing to interview with a hiring manager?". Of course i said yes and scheduled an interview for the next week. I went to the interview and arrived 15 minutes early (just dressed in a nice shirt and tie, also i brought a portfolio with my cover letter, resume, letter of recommendation, and references). I was greeted by the hiring manager and made some small talk until we arrived at his office. He made me feel comfortable and we started talking a little about att as a company and its technology. Then he started asking me questions about my former jobs and the experiences it them. He proceeded to ask direct questions, example "How did you deal with a customer who was unhappy with service?". They are looking for exact examples from past experiences, so be ready to respond with past encounters. Then he explained the position to me and said he thought i would be suited for the job. He informed me that the next step would be to interview with a store manager, and told me honestly that he would def push me though to the next interview within a week.

So the next day i received a call from the same HM and said he would like to schedule me for an interview with the Store manager within the next week. We scheduled an interview for the next day, and before we got off the phone he explained that it is not really an "Interview", but more of a meet and greet with the store manager to see what my personality is like and what the position further entails.

The next day, again i arrived fifteen minutes early with my portfolio and (cont.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

dressed in shirt and tie. I walked into the store and asked to speak to the store manager as i had an appointment with him. I met him and he seemed very friendly. He informed me the the office was occupied by the assistant manager and told me it would be a few moments if i just wanted to look around the store. About ten minutes later we went into the back office and got down to business. He explained to me that the HM was excited about my potential and he just wanted to be honest with me about the job. He explained it was a pretty stressful and fast paste job. He explained the details of meeting quotas and having to adjust to an ever changing market. Then we talked more bout where i was in life and education (im currently going to college for a marketing degree). He explained that when he started he was kind of in the same position as myself, and he thought i had a similar personality and drive. I was allowed to ask more questions about the job, then he asked if i would stick around a little longer to shadow a couple of customer/employee interactions, and i agreed. So i was introduced to a few of the staff and watched a couple of things going on. During the process he was informing me what was happening, at which i interrupted to finish about the transaction. I think this is important to anyone who interview, make sure you let the interviewer know that you understand the processes of things and grasp the situations. He seemed impressed and after about fifteen minutes of shadowing, we went back to meet the assistant (cont)

27 months ago

manager, before we concluded things. At this point he just informed me that he wasn't quite sure when i could here back, but gave me his card to call in about a week if I hadnt heard anything yet.

I went home feeling confident that the Interview had went well. I sent out a thank you email to both the HM and SM immediately when i got home, but did not get a response.

I had interviewed with the SM on a friday and the next day i received an email from HR, requesting my social security number and a brief tax surgery (which is optional). I filled out both and received an email saying i would be contacted within 24 hrs. Sure enough, monday morning i awoke to a voicemai,l from the HR person who had originally called me, with a job offer. I called back and she informed me that the SM would like to offer me a conditional job offer (conditional meaning i had to do a drug test and background check). She read me a long list of things including salary (cannot give specifics but will tell you i am more than impressed!!), benefits, and what was going to be happening with the background check. Within ten minutes of the call, i received three emails from att (my conditional offer and a link to accept) and two emails from the Infamous HireRight (asking me to start my background check and stating specifics about where to do the drug test). I quickly read and accepted the job offer, and filled out all of my info on HireRight. I was very detailed on the information and held nothing back. The next day i did the drug test, which was quick and simple. That night i was asked by hire right to send a W2 for a previous job that had went out of business. That was for days ago. I contacted my old boss, and found that they had already called and confirmed employment there, so i am hoping to hear back soon. My tentative start date is Feb. 18 somewhere in Ohio. I will be posting more as i hear more, but hope this story of my process helps others. Feel free to ask questions and I will (cont)

27 months ago

respond if i can answer them. To all of you who have applied I wish you the best of luck and just remember to be patient, because it if a long process, but worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Also, sorry about some of the spelling, i wrote it in a hurry.

John in Niles, Illinois

25 months ago

Hi, I have been interviewed 3 times, more than I have heard anyone be interviewed. 4 times including the initial phone interview. I met with the hiring manager and the store manager. My last was with the area sales manager. He told me I could expect an offer within the next few days but its been almost a week since then. I was just wondering if anyone knows how long they typically take and why they take this long.

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana

25 months ago

John in Niles, Illinois said: Hi, I have been interviewed 3 times, more than I have heard anyone be interviewed. 4 times including the initial phone interview. I met with the hiring manager and the store manager. My last was with the area sales manager. He told me I could expect an offer within the next few days but its been almost a week since then. I was just wondering if anyone knows how long they typically take and why they take this long.

I had two interviews, one with a hiring manager, and then again with an area sales manager. My hiring process from applying online to getting my initial offer took almost exactly one month, and I got my official offer on March 1st, and I start with AT&T in training on April 8th. So all in all the whole process took 2 months and 1 week to complete, from applying online to actually getting started.

John in Niles, Illinois

25 months ago

heartlessatbest in South Bend, Indiana said: I had two interviews, one with a hiring manager, and then again with an area sales manager. My hiring process from applying online to getting my initial offer took almost exactly one month, and I got my official offer on March 1st, and I start with AT&T in training on April 8th. So all in all the whole process took 2 months and 1 week to complete, from applying online to actually getting started.

So after meeting with the asm are my chances good? Pretty much everyone I talked to seemed to like me, and the asm told me to expect an offer within a couple days from the initial recruiter. I have been very stressed about it because I have been trying to get a job with AT&T for a long time and this is the closest I have gotten. After my last interview I emailed the hiring manager (first interview) and the initial recruiter to thank them for their time etc. Is there anything I could do other than wait?

Chi in West Palm Beach, Florida

25 months ago

John in Niles, Illinois said: So after meeting with the asm are my chances good? Pretty much everyone I talked to seemed to like me, and the asm told me to expect an offer within a couple days from the initial recruiter. I have been very stressed about it because I have been trying to get a job with AT&T for a long time and this is the closest I have gotten. After my last interview I emailed the hiring manager (first interview) and the initial recruiter to thank them for their time etc. Is there anything I could do other than wait?

I would just wait for the call. I was interviewed 3 times too ... And got a call back and a email from the recruiter . I am training in April 8 .. Is anyone training on the 8th of April and where ? I am training in south Florida

Loveofsales510 in Oakland, California

23 months ago

Jcou in Houston, Texas said: I start training Feb 14th in Houston. I'm pretty excited. I'm just curious if anyone else is going to this training? Also, what is a few tips on keys to successful training and how to get the most out of it?

were was your training in houston and how do you like the houston market... i just was hired as a fulltime rep at a cor store in the houston metro area start June !7th

TerrBear in Florissant, Missouri

22 months ago

Brent in Jackson, Michigan said: respond if i can answer them. To all of you who have applied I wish you the best of luck and just remember to be patient, because it if a long process, but worth it.

I applied for a full time retail consultant position on June 3. I was contacted by a staffing manager to complete a pre screen on June 4. I got confirmation of a positive pre screen on June 4. I was emailed with a proposed interview on June 11. I interviewed with a centralized hiring manager on June 13. I received a phone call and interview for a Realistic Job Preview scheduled for June 17. The kicker is that it's for a part time position and not the full time position I applied for. I'm going to take that they are still considering me as a good sign. What advice can you give in regards to the Realistic Job Preview. I'm a little bit nervous, but excited that I'm in the running for a position. Do you think by starting off part time I could prove to the store manager that I am full time material?

alvaro in Morrisville, Vermont

22 months ago

samething is happening to me at this moment.... I'm planning to call the store manager today to touch bases with her .... besides that I'm still waiting...............

Tabithajs09 in Brooklyn, New York said: My status continues to say "Resume Forwarded to Hiring Manager For Review" which i know means i met the qualifications but does any one know how long it should take them to call me if t all? And what would be the next step in this process! (I am applying for an Assistant Manager position..)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GWayne in Lake Oswego, Oregon

14 months ago

I posted this in another forum without success. Why does AT&T Wireless not hire experienced sales representatives with a proven career? I have over 20 years of sales accomplishments and want to move to the wireless industry. I am available to work any shift and weekends. The assessment test given online is just common sense. Both myself and my friends have noted that the majority of the reps in the store are younger than their early 30's at best. The amount of additional business I could bring in versus the newbies on their first or second job would be significant.

And yet I can't get a first interview. I have even met with store managers and they say the hiring process starts with HR. Guess I have no idea how to get past HR. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Soso in Los Angeles, California

12 months ago

GWayne in Lake Oswego, Oregon said: I posted this in another forum without success. Why does AT&T Wireless not hire experienced sales representatives with a proven career? I have over 20 years of sales accomplishments and want to move to the wireless industry. I am available to work any shift and weekends. The assessment test given online is just common sense. Both myself and my friends have noted that the majority of the reps in the store are younger than their early 30's at best. The amount of additional business I could bring in versus the newbies on their first or second job would be significant.

And yet I can't get a first interview. I have even met with store managers and they say the hiring process starts with HR . Guess I have no idea how to get past HR. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe they think your over qualified..? Because I've seen and heard people getting a job with AT&T and have no experience with sales. Usually I think if you don't have that much experience they generally start u off as greeters or whatever they are called..I applied at a few places and got denied by one store showing the status as "Not considering you at the moment". I was totally shocked, but I kept applying at different locations. About maybe 13 locations that are within a 30min drive from me. I finally got a call from HR...It took almost a month for HR to call me..So that's my best advice is to keep at it and apply various locations they will eventually take notice..And just be patient..The whole process from HR calling to the first and second interview and background check took two months and a week...I start training May 5th so yay!...However I wish you the best of luck.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.