My story and Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

bre rem in New York, New York

27 months ago

So I have been stressed out because I really really want to work for AT&T. I had been applying on/off for the last two years and finally got a call.

I think I have has it worst trying to get a job at AT&T. (seriously)

I received a call back in September from a hiring department to schedule a face to face interview with a hiring manager. We scheduled an interview for Sept 10, I went in and as I get to the place (8:45am), I recieve a call saying "I am sorry for the last minute call but the hiring manager called out today" -____- okay. We schedule for the next day, and I recieve an email that evening "hiring manager will be out tomorrow as well." OKAY. We schedule for the day after that at 1:30Pm, I get there 1:20Pm and the hiring manager is no where to be found. I called and waited for about 45 minutes till she calls me to tell me, our meeting was at 1:00pm when clearly, the email says 1:30pm. (OKAY Whatever, put on a happy face) Now the next day, we meet and we have an interview. It went great. The hiring manager wanted me to go on another interview with the store manager that same day but he was not available. So I went in that Saturday morning.

He was great. The interview again went really well but long about 45 minutes which I was not expecting. Asked all kinds of question. He gave me a call back about a week later to tell me the position was already filled but wanted me to interview with another store manager not far away. That interview was sometime in early October. Again went great, I thought. He told me I was a strong candidate, told me about training and to expect a call soon. A week went by, NOTHING. Two weeks went by, NOTHING. Now the third week came and the first store manager called me. He asked if I was still interested, of course i said YES. So he said he is going to forward my resume to a 3rd hiring manager. REALLY? LIKE REALLY? all this? its not necessary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Keypoint in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

I don't even know what to .....coolstory though.

bre rem in New York, New York

27 months ago

CONTINUING:

So the 3rd manager emailed me, we set up an interview, early November. It was the manager plus a manager in training who conducted the interview. We again had a great interview about 30-45 minutes. She as well said I will hear from here within two day. NOTHING!! NOTHING AT ALL. So I just gave up on AT&T

But now she emailed me, apologized for the delay and if I am still interested. God a call from my original hiring manager but I didn't pick up...stupid me huh? and I also received an email to complete a survey/questionnaire for the position. I am just waiting for one of them to call and offer the job and I accept.

BUTTTTTTT...my concern is this. THIS BIG BACKGROUND CHECK that everyone is talking about. I kinda added a month or two to my application. Like my old job I got offered the position in April and started in first week of May but I kinda said I started in March/April and I resigned in September. Does that matter? And also my resume and the job application the dates are kinda off by a month or two. (I KNOW, IM A FOOL THAT I DID NOT CHECK AHEAD OF TIME, BUT I DID NOT KNOW THE BACKGROUND CHECK WAS THIS INTENSE.) What should i do? HELLLLLLLLP !! And also how can I change the number of my past employer in case they need to call? I want to put his cellphone number instead because he asked to put his cell not the work number for some reason.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELPPPP ME? I REALLY REALLY NEED THIS JOB. I HAVE BEEN DREAMING FOR WORKING FOR AT&T.

Thanks in advance.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.