Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

AT&T NC in Lincolnton, North Carolina

11 months ago

I need some input/advice. Here's what's happened so far

July 3rd - applied for one position as part time RSC
July 8th - received call from recruiter to set up HM interview next day
July 9th - Interviewed with HM manager, went well. He told me his email was included in the email from the recruiter if I needed anything.
July 10th - HM called to set up interview with store manager next day
July 11th - Interviewed with store manager. I was told hiring manager had gone out of town till the next week but he would be in touch with the next step the following week (then she said it could even be that day). I also searched for the HM email that was previously mentioned so I could send a follow up email and thank him for his time and let him know I was excited about the opportunity. It was not in there as he though. So, I emailed the recruiter, thanked her for setting it up and asked her to pass my message on to him. And then...NOTHING!

I emailed the recruiter on July 18 to see if there was any update and this is what I received.
"The feedback I can give you as of now is that you haven’t been selected for a position as of yet."

So, I don't know if that means I just wasn't selected or they are still reviewing. Now on to the status update part. Since the recruiter first contacted me, my status has been sent to HR for review. But after receiving that email from the recruiter I decided to apply for a dozen other jobs with AT&T. That was on July 19 and my status went to resume acknowledged for all the new applications. On July 23 two of those position changed to not considering you (One position was still open and the other had filled). My original application still says being reviewed by hr and everything else still says acknowledged. Should I keep hoping or since it's been so long give up? Any input? Also, I should mention the store manager told me she was short 7 people and they have 4 jobs posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mimii in Altamonte Springs, Florida

11 months ago

I would follow up one more time it couldn't hurt. Usually once you interview with the store manager for the location your applying for you have an idea whether or not they are truly interested. Have you tried calling instead of emailing? How many people work at that location bc being short 7 ppl seems like a lot...

The overall process does take time and I personally didn't get my conditional job offer until over a week after interviewing with the store manager. Depending on your location it could take longer so don't loose hope just yet!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

y8x in New York

11 months ago

Just so you know, at&t is in the process of laying off over 2000 people in retail stores who were formally Finance Reps or low in seniority sales support reps. . They are calling it a workshift,so because of that they are also increasing the amount of reps in each store (adding 2-3) and also hiring an additional assistant manager.

So don't be discouraged if they haven't called you yet, the HR teams and hiring staff is being swamped with people trying to find a new job within the company and also all the new spots that were opened up. So you have internal employee's trying to apply so they don't get layed off, you also have external people who are trying to apply also for all these new jobs that were opened up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

y8x in New York said: Just so you know, at&t is in the process of laying off over 2000 people in retail stores who were formally Finance Reps or low in seniority sales support reps. . They are calling it a workshift,so because of that they are also increasing the amount of reps in each store (adding 2-3) and also hiring an additional assistant manager.

So don't be discouraged if they haven't called you yet, the HR teams and hiring staff is being swamped with people trying to find a new job within the company and also all the new spots that were opened up. So you have internal employee's trying to apply so they don't get layed off, you also have external people who are trying to apply also for all these new jobs that were opened up.

Ive heard rumors about that. Do you know where it's concentrated?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

11 months ago

AT&T NC in Lincolnton, North Carolina said: Ive heard rumors about that. Do you know where it's concentrated?

All over the country. I posted about this earlier on this forum about this very thing. I'm in the affected positions. So, until those 2000 people find new jobs within the company, it's going to be very hard for those "off the streets" to get a job with the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Ok, I was just curious about where because AT&T has over 16,000 retail locations (according to the website) so in perspective I wasn't sure how much that would actually effect each store. I hate to hear your in that position. Hope it works out for you and for all of us trying to get hired. As of today the position I applied for and interviewed three times for is still listed as forwarded to hiring manager for review. I'm hoping that since it doesn't say not considering I still have a chance. Maybe no news is good news. I emailed the recruiter again at the end of last week and haven't received a response. I know it will take awhile to start training and finish the hiring process but I had really hoped I would at least have an idea of whether I've been accepted or not by now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

y8x in Alabama

11 months ago

AT&T NC in Lincolnton, North Carolina said: Ok, I was just curious about where because AT&T has over 16,000 retail locations (according to the website) so in perspective I wasn't sure how much that would actually effect each store. I hate to hear your in that position. Hope it works out for you and for all of us trying to get hired. As of today the position I applied for and interviewed three times for is still listed as forwarded to hiring manager for review. I'm hoping that since it doesn't say not considering I still have a chance. Maybe no news is good news. I emailed the recruiter again at the end of last week and haven't received a response. I know it will take awhile to start training and finish the hiring process but I had really hoped I would at least have an idea of whether I've been accepted or not by now.

like you said having it saying fowarded to hiring manager is a good thing. The next step would be waiting final and then completed or not selected.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Danny in Independence, Missouri

11 months ago

I had my store interview two weeks ago. Last week I contacted the store manager and he told me I was his recommendation for the position. Since then I have not been contacted by anyone from ATT.

Today I received a generic email from the staffing department that said there was a position open at the store I had my interview with. I went and checked the job posting I originally applied for and it says it was filled...

Is this normal? Will they not contact me to at least say I am no longer being considered for the RSC position?

Perfection86 in Mcdonough, Georgia

11 months ago

Danny in Independence, Missouri said: I had my store interview two weeks ago. Last week I contacted the store manager and he told me I was his recommendation for the position. Since then I have not been contacted by anyone from ATT.

Today I received a generic email from the staffing department that said there was a position open at the store I had my interview with. I went and checked the job posting I originally applied for and it says it was filled...

Is this normal? Will they not contact me to at least say I am no longer being considered for the RSC position?

Does the status say completed and Filled or just filled because if it says both you got the job

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.