Please tell me it gets better

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

bdubs in Irving, Texas

11 months ago

Just got off the phone with the travel planner and boy was she a bitcsh. Or maybe I just took it the wrong way. My interviewer said that I could get a rental car but this lady said I couldn't. I told her my car wouldn't make it so she said she would look into me riding with a group nearby that was using a rental car. Then we discussed weekends because I have no idea how all this works. She said maybe I could use my moms car and I said that might work. Told my boss from other job I could work Saturdays during training. I told her they probably wouldn't reimburse weekend travel and she said they would. Then she said she's not going to pay gas for that and not going to fly me just so I can work my other job I already have scheduled. So I said well I could take my own car. Meaning my moms or dads or what have you. Then she said oh I thought your car didn't work? She was like...being confrontational.. She said they would reimburse me to travel back on weekends but "we're not gonna pay for you to come back to work your other job one day." So I asked what she meant. She said the conversation was very odd and she's never had someone ask her this and she's now going to hang up and ask her boss what to do. Then I told her nevermind I will just stay all 2 weeks and I didn't mean to seem odd and confuse her. Then she said I didn't confuse her...but then she said okay sounds good. My lord... She acts like no ones asked her questions before. It's 2 weeks away from home away from everything you know. Surely it's not really the first time someone's asked about travelling 3 hours back home on the weekend. She acts like it's her first day on the job. And had an attitude the whole time.

Please tell me it gets better. Jeez she made me nervous and shaky. If it's like this for 2 weeks straight training then I don't think it's gonna work. I deserve respect. I know this is serious business or whatever but this isn't the CIA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bdubs in Irving, Texas

11 months ago

Now it's starting to make sense a few people have told me att is bad news and gasped when I said I was starting there and told me I was in for it. Good money but if I'm miserable and treated like dirt, I'm out. I'm an asset. Talked to a couple employees who work there though and they said they love it. Of course they're newer employees though... It's got me hoping im not making a huge mistake.

bdubs in Irving, Texas

11 months ago

When she called me, I was at work. So I asked her if she could call me tomorrow or if I can call her then, and right off the bat she had an attitude and told me that I would have to call her back today. So I had to have my manager run my position while I went out to the car and talked to this lady for ten minutes..

bdubs in Irving, Texas

11 months ago

Now I'm afraid of being out of town for two whole weeks and having people around me being cold and disrespectful. I have been out of state a few times but its only been for one week at a time and it always seems like forever. Two weeks is a long time. I'm excited to learn everything but hopefully they realize that everyone is different. Blah.

Andrew09 in South Dakota

11 months ago

Depending how far you live you stay there for the two weeks they send you back the second friday for a week then you go back for the fourth week been here 6 months its awesome

torpedo21 in Gaithersburg, Maryland

11 months ago

Andrew09 in South Dakota said: Depending how far you live you stay there for the two weeks they send you back the second friday for a week then you go back for the fourth week been here 6 months its awesome

How's the pay? Congrats on 6 months. I start training this Monday!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.