Qualifications for the retail wireless industry?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Tiger in Des Plaines, Illinois

44 months ago

I've been applying at att, tmobile, verizon etc etc but don't seem to get anywhere. I'm 18 and don't have much qualification except 10 months at a department store as a sales associate (still here). I was one of the top performers in terms of reward program goals and more. I also have 1.5 yrs of web design freelance experience and the only other thing is graduating with honors from my hs.

I wanted to know what kind of qualifications you would need for a sales associate at any wireless store. What can I do to increase my chances? Would some kind of certification help?

(I know there are many posts about how to get the job but their mainly about the process of getting it now how to get it, btw don't post comments saying this/that company sucks etc, I've come across much of those lol)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in San Jose, California

44 months ago

Try applying for the "retail sales support" positions since they want at least 2-3 years exp for the actually sales positions. Depending on where you live being bilingual esp.(Spanish) will increase your chances big time. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.