Retail sales consultant hiring process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

rowantuilean in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

Wanted to know if anyone can calm my nerves. So, I was asked to go to a hiring event for AT&T for the RSC position. I think the interview went great and answered questions to the best of my ability. I haven't heard anything from them in 1 week and a half. The manager that interviewed me said that they were making a decision that same night and then they would do the background checks and contact the people they want. I checked my application status and the position is still open.
I hear that att takes a while to get back to people after interviews. Anyone have any insight?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tech geek in Midland, Texas

27 months ago

Normally they do not conduct background checks in-store or the same day. Its a process that you have to go through in order to get the background started.At&t should have sent an email to you explaining specifics on information that is needed to perform the background. They should send u a link to an on-board portal that ask you for personal information, like your employment history. starting dates, previous employer contact numbers and etc. They will also email you a disclosure basically asking you to agree to the terms of the background check. It asks for your electronic signature and then you go from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in New York, New York

26 months ago

I applied for the RSC position in February 2014, I interviewed with a Hiring Manager in early April. I was told by that same hiring manager that if I passed the initial interview then my job status on the website would say that I am still being considered for the position and a store manager would contact me in 3 business days. Well here it is over a month later and my status on the website says "you have met the minimum requirements" and the explanation says that means "you are still being considered for this position and we appreciate your patience while we choose the right candidate for this position" (or something along those lines). I have contacted the store that I applied for, just to show that I am very interested in the position and the guy ( a manager so he claims) rudely explained the hiring process, which I know at this point, and hung up. I didn't even get a word in. I understand that guy was probably busy so I'm not going to take it personal. But i am concerned because I don't know who to talk to to see if the position is even still available. I love AT&T as a customer, I have always been treated great but so far as a potential employee, I am concerned with the way this hiring process is currently.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Well, I bugged the hiring manager with thank you emails until they sent me a "thanks but no thanks email." I applied again and I finally managed to get another interview. I have my second interview tomorrow. I'm fairly nervous because this is my fourth time interviewing with AT&T. I really need this job. I suppose I will come back in a few weeks and post my results.
Wish me luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mardiimar in Sherwood, Arkansas

26 months ago

Rowan Tuilean in Los Angeles, California said: Well, I bugged the hiring manager with thank you emails until they sent me a "thanks but no thanks email." I applied again and I finally managed to get another interview. I have my second interview tomorrow. I'm fairly nervous because this is my fourth time interviewing with AT&T. I really need this job. I suppose I will come back in a few weeks and post my results.
Wish me luck.

I had my face to interview on May 15, that same day I was asked to go visit my store manager. After speaking with him, he told me "Before we leave my office i just want to tell you that i really like you and your personality. I like the way to carry your self and everything about you". After we left his office we walked around the store and i shadowed a couple of the works then after that he told me it was 7 to 10 day till i get a call.

The next day I went and gave him a thank you letter and told him that i thank him for interviewing me and he reply by saying "i really enjoyed you also" with a smile on his face.

On May 22 got an email talking about doing a survey about tax credit and my SSN.

I check my status and it say complete.

My question is Whats next? Do i have the job? How long will i have to wait now? When will HR or someone call me telling me i got the job?

26 months ago

Well I just checked my status and it says "position offered to another candidate." Can't be more obvious that I did not get the job. I believe you got the job, mate. Congratulations!! Now you have to wait for HireRight to contact you. This is a lengthy process, so be patient. I'm sure you will get your offer soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mardiimar in Sherwood, Arkansas

26 months ago

Rowan Tuilean in Los Angeles, California said: Well I just checked my status and it says "position offered to another candidate." Can't be more obvious that I did not get the job. I believe you got the job, mate. Congratulations!! Now you have to wait for HireRight to contact you. This is a lengthy process, so be patient. I'm sure you will get your offer soon.

Right now i just checked my App. Status on the At&T site and it says inactive not longer accepting submission but my status still says complete

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

greg21 in New York

3 months ago

i passed my phone interview now i have a face to face interview at a local corp building i know its hard to get in at att do i have a good chance getting hired and what should i except?

Nikki in Lancaster, New York

3 months ago

greg21 in New York said: i passed my phone interview now i have a face to face interview at a local corp building i know its hard to get in at att do i have a good chance getting hired and what should i except?

Expect basic interview questions like tell them about yourself, tell about a time when you have deal with a difficult customer, tell about a time when you feel like you went above and beyond to help a customer/ a situation, also a lot of role plays. (like they will give you couple minutes to prepare a role play of 3 minutes, you have to teach them something, anything)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.