Sales Tips and Tricks

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Knickstape167 in Bronx, New York

7 months ago

Hey guys I start training soon but I just wanted ask people who have worked in store already are there any tricks and tips you could share with us new hires to help reach quota? (Tablets, new acts, more accessory sales) etc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rackham12 in Central, Minnesota

6 months ago

Find a way to keep motivated each day. Bring a great attitude and an expectation that this is a store people mostly visit to either get troubleshooting help or SIM change. Almost 60% of the customers you have interactions with will have some sort of issue with their current service or want to upgrade.

You have to ask questions to uncover a solution that they may qualify for such as tablet, U-Verse, or wireless home phone.

Do this consistently and offer it and you will be successful.

CuriousMinds in Binghamton, New York

6 months ago

@Knickstape167, My training is soon too, where & when is yours?

Nycgirl1023 in Ny, New York

6 months ago

Knickstape167 in Bronx, New York said: Hey guys I start training soon but I just wanted ask people who have worked in store already are there any tricks and tips you could share with us new hires to help reach quota? (Tablets, new acts, more accessory sales) etc?

How's your training so far and who was your trainer?

I'm going on my 3rd month now, and it was a bit rocky at first because there's so much to learn. What you learn from training, is going to be different in the store. Of course, the 5 key behaviors are important and should always be implemented. You need to learn how to talk to a customer, and I don't mean just upgrading/activating a phone because anyone can do that. They want you to bundle tabs, mifi's, wireless home phones, accessories, etc. Every customer should be on mobile share if they're not. 2 yr contracts are a no-no, they want you to get them on ATT Next. You need to ask the customer the right things (no open ended questions) and be able to overcome objections. Explaining and demoing is a big factor.

There's so much to know, but the best tips and tricks are going to be from your coworkers and managers because every store is different. Also, roleplaying in training is great too. Absorb the info in class. Good luck!

Nycgirl1023 in Ny, New York

6 months ago

Whoops, I meant to say (open ended questions) the 'No' part was a typo :D

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.