Why not just say when you reject AT&T applicants?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

TellMeTheTruthAT&T in San Antonio, Texas

12 months ago

Well I applied for AT&T Desktop Support. I've been using computers with the internet for 17 years. I've assembled a few PCs for myself and family. I'm always solving internet problems for extended family members, as well as removing viruses and malware.
Testing was interesting. I passed easily enough. I believe I had an eighty-something percent with home distractions. They called me in for more testing + an interview, & for those tests I did a lot better. Despite being placed on a computer with a keyboard that had raised keys & all the letters where completely faded away, I still passed the typing test with 99%. There was the "strongly agree/disagree" test for which I wonder about only one question, that asked something like "Do you deeply sympathize with strangers' problems?" I'm not going to lie about that, so I put 'slightly agree'.
Next was the "pass or fail" "hook an AT&T cable box to an HD television" for which I had "5 minutes". I easily hooked up all the cables in the right spots, but I've never had that particular HD TV myself. So typically the menu button is used on the HD TV that I own (to get it to the right channel). Apparently the 'setup' button was the one they were looking for. They didn't indicate at all that I failed the test or anything.
The interviewee asked me if I was available to come in on Friday for training, and I said yes. When I got home, a thunderstorm oddly left my phone line dead when the power came back on. So I had to email her early morning & ask what time she wanted me there Friday. No response by midnight. No response the next day. No response period. Then I simply waited until Monday and called, asking when her boss came in that makes the final decision. She said, "Let me call you back, what's a good number to reach you at?" I told her.

She never called back. I understand that this region is not like New York. SA is 98.5% full of sensitive people. But come on. If I failed somehow I want to know what it was.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JP89 in Astoria, New York

12 months ago

This is what AT&T is. I have been waiting months for a response after the interview for a networking position. I think it has been 2 months since my interview and nothing has happened. The date to apply ended and they just reposted the job on their website. What is even more stupid about AT&T is the fact that I called HR and they said that I am still being considered. WTF? Welcome to AT&T. The hiring process is a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HelpingOthers HelpThemselves in San Jose, California

12 months ago

From what I have heard, some positions take 1-3 months from applying, to finally being hired/considered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

12 months ago

JP89 in Astoria, New York said: This is what AT&T is. I have been waiting months for a response after the interview for a networking position. I think it has been 2 months since my interview and nothing has happened. The date to apply ended and they just reposted the job on their website. What is even more stupid about AT&T is the fact that I called HR and they said that I am still being considered. WTF? Welcome to AT&T. The hiring process is a joke.

Never wait longer than 30 days - no matter what the story is. Keep applying for other jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

12 months ago

You are probably more experienced and skilled than the person you'd be working for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.