Will AT&T hire me w/ a misdemeandor on my record?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 87 of 87)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

deoxide2012 in La Puente, California

19 months ago

Does anyone know if a Ch.7 that was discharged 3 years ago will get me disqualified?
And also, what is the difference between a sales support rep vs a sales consultant job? Any insight?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ino

19 months ago

I

deoxide2012 in La Puente, California said: Does anyone know if a Ch.7 that was discharged 3 years ago will get me disqualified?
And also, what is the difference between a sales support rep vs a sales consultant job? Any insight?

Is ch 7 bk? If it is dont worry aboit it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tuberc

14 months ago

This is the closest related post I could find for my question. What kind of credit score would disqualify you from att?

KevinEZ in Macon, Georgia

14 months ago

tuberc said: This is the closest related post I could find for my question. What kind of credit score would disqualify you from att?

Speaking from personal experience, I dont think it matters. I'm RSC and not only is my credit pretty bad but I actually have an outstanding bill in collections that I owe ATT!

And the answer to the original question of this post is yes they will hire with a misdemanor because I actually have one for driving on suspended license and did a few days in jail because of it and it was actually never brought up. The real question maybe what type of misdemeanors do they consider hireable. I was also upfront and put the details on my application so the HR rep obviously had to know before I was contacted for the intial interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tuberc

14 months ago

KevinEZ in Macon, Georgia said: Speaking from personal experience, I dont think it matters. I'm RSC and not only is my credit pretty bad but I actually have an outstanding bill in collections that I owe ATT!

And the answer to the original question of this post is yes they will hire with a misdemanor because I actually have one for driving on suspended license and did a few days in jail because of it and it was actually never brought up. The real question maybe what type of misdemeanors do they consider hireable. I was also upfront and put the details on my application so the HR rep obviously had to know before I was contacted for the intial interview.

Thank you!! I interviewed today for RSC and it went very well so I'm expecting hireright to be the next step and that was my only concern. I really appreciate the quick response too!

SoFrustrated in Jacksonville, Florida

14 months ago

Let me ask this, would ATT hire someone with a misdemeanor for domestic violence that's 5 years old? I've already done the testing and am awaiting the call for the interview but don't want to waste my time if I'm gonna be told "no". I really want to work for this company but this mistake I have to live with has hindered so many jobs I've applied for... Currently I have been unemployed for 2 months now and I'm going crazy..... Please someone let me know.....

shesasurething08

13 months ago

Will At&t hire someone with a dismissed shoplifting charge? Ive went through all of my interviews as well as background check & drug screening. I've also disclosed the situation through hireright & to my recruiting manager. I really need this job & want to know will they hire me or not. Crossing fingers they do bc im supposed to start April 12,2013. Please help!!

Eric in Montebello, California

12 months ago

Currently going through the hireright process. I have a misdemeanor on my record from 3 years ago for breaking a window and I disclosed it to my HR manager. Will this prevent me from getting the job? Still on probation as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shesasurething08

12 months ago

Eric in Montebello, California said: Currently going through the hireright process. I have a misdemeanor on my record from 3 years ago for breaking a window and I disclosed it to my HR manager. Will this prevent me from getting the job? Still on probation as well.

ERIC

I think you would be ok. I had a misdemeanor on my record. However mines was dismissed. I still got the job as well as my background cleared. Minednt show up but mention it to recruiter and she said that I should be fine. As long as you're up front with the charge. But you have to first gt offered the job then u will go through a extensive background check through hireright. If you pass then you should be okay. At&t does hire ppl with misdemeanors but they can b picky. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Los Angeles, California

12 months ago

shesasurething08 said: ERIC

I think you would be ok. I had a misdemeanor on my record. However mines was dismissed. I still got the job as well as my background cleared. Minednt show up but mention it to recruiter and she said that I should be fine. As long as you're up front with the charge. But you have to first gt offered the job then u will go through a extensive background check through hireright. If you pass then you should be okay. At&t does hire ppl with misdemeanors but they can b picky. Hope this helps.

Ok thank God, I did disclose it to my manager and also hireright. I was already offered the job last week and was sent my BG check info from hireright, then they sent me my drug screen info and I completed that as well. Will me being on probation still be an issue? It wasn't dismissed yet but I'm working on that now. Also how can I check the status of my BG check. I don't know AT&T company ID for hireright.

12 months ago

shesasurething08 said: Will At&t hire someone with a dismissed shoplifting charge? Ive went through all of my interviews as well as background check & drug screening. I've also disclosed the situation through hireright & to my recruiting manager. I really need this job & want to know will they hire me or not. Crossing fingers they do bc im supposed to start April 12,2013. Please help!!

So you did get the job even with the shop lifting charge! Congrats and awesome!! People makes mistake and we grow way past them! I'm glad it worked out for you! Just got off the phone with hireright. My BG check is 50% done. I just want this process to be over and to recieve my final offer! Training begins may 22 in Cerritos CA (LA)

12 months ago

Felicity in La Quinta, California said: No I actually had to get it dismissed so it's a longer process :/

Get what dismissed? Did you get hired anyway?

shesasurething08

12 months ago

Eric in Los Angeles, California said: So you did get the job even with the shop lifting charge! Congrats and awesome!! People makes mistake and we grow way past them! I'm glad it worked out for you! Just got off the phone with hireright. My BG check is 50% done. I just want this process to be over and to recieve my final offer! Training begins may 22 in Cerritos CA (LA)

ERIC

I received my verbal offer (official) just 2 weeks ago. My training is actually this Friday. I havent heard from the onboarding team as of yet but I hoping to hear something this week. Hooefully tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm super excited. & to answer your question yes I did get the job but again my misdemeanor didnt show up though it was dismissed. I think they arw more worried about felonies than anything. In ur case since you are already going through the hireright process its a matter of waiting. Sometimes if u got that far & disclosed your violation its still a good chance u may still gt it bc I dnt think AT&T would go through all that paperwork and still nt offer the job to u but again its up to them. My recruiter was very nice & worked with me and answered any questions or concerns

shesasurething08

12 months ago

Eric in Los Angeles, California said: So you did get the job even with the shop lifting charge! Congrats and awesome!! People makes mistake and we grow way past them! I'm glad it worked out for you! Just got off the phone with hireright. My BG check is 50% done. I just want this process to be over and to recieve my final offer! Training begins may 22 in Cerritos CA (LA)

ERIC

I received my verbal offer (official) just 2 weeks ago. My training is actually this Friday. I havent heard from the onboarding team as of yet but I hoping to hear something this week. Hooefully tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm super excited. & to answer your question yes I did get the job but again my misdemeanor didnt show up though it was dismissed. I think they arw more worried about felonies than anything. In ur case since you are already going through the hireright process its a matter of waiting. Sometimes if u got that far & disclosed your violation its still a good chance u may still gt it bc I dnt think AT&T would go through all that paperwork and still nt offer the job to u but again its up to them. My recruiter was very nice & worked with me and answered any questions or concerns I had. Some are different tho...

12 months ago

I received my verbal offer (official) just 2 weeks ago. My training is actually this Friday. I havent heard from the onboarding team as of yet but I hoping to hear something this week. Hooefully tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm super excited. & to answer your question yes I did get the job but again my misdemeanor didnt show up though it was dismissed. I think they arw more worried about felonies than anything. In ur case since you are already going through the hireright process its a matter of waiting. Sometimes if u got that far & disclosed your violation its still a good chance u may still gt it bc I dnt think AT&T would go through all that paperwork and still nt offer the job to u but again its up to them. My recruiter was very nice & worked with me and answered any questions or concerns I had. Some are different tho...

How long did your BG check take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shesasurething08

12 months ago

Continued...

As far as the hireright process go I would call. That's exactly what I did bc I was so nervous abt mines showing up. When your background is completed make sure you ask for a copy of it. They can send u a free copy of your report to your email as soon as its finished. Then u will be able to see what really showed up and rather or not it would be a problem or not. Good luck though. The background is the toughest part but its worth the wait.

12 months ago

shesasurething08 said: Continued...

As far as the hireright process go I would call. That's exactly what I did bc I was so nervous abt mines showing up. When your background is completed make sure you ask for a copy of it. They can send u a free copy of your report to your email as soon as its finished. Then u will be able to see what really showed up and rather or not it would be a problem or not. Good luck though. The background is the toughest part but its worth the wait.

How many days from submission did it take for then to complete you BG check?

shesasurething08

12 months ago

Eric in Los Angeles, California said: How long did your BG check take?

My background check took about 3-4 days. I had some discrepancies on my report from my.jobs tht I listed. They couldnt contact them due to two of them went out of business so I had to gt a transcript from the irs showing proof that I worked where I said I worked. After I sent that to my recruiter the next day she emailed me and told me that my bckground cleared and that I got the job. Super excited.

Andrew09 in South Dakota

12 months ago

My background cleared. i recieved a email from staffing manager that i was cleared to start on my start day. is this the same as my offical offer?

12 months ago

Andrew09 in South Dakota said: My background cleared. i recieved a email from staffing manager that i was cleared to start on my start day. is this the same as my offical offer?

It sure is! Congrats!! Did you have anything on your record?

Andrew09 in South Dakota

12 months ago

Lol yes i did i disclosed two mis however had four on my record also when hire right did my check they could not verify one of my employers and put complete discrepancy

12 months ago

Andrew09 in South Dakota said: Lol yes i did i disclosed two mis however had four on my record also when hire right did my check they could not verify one of my employers and put complete discrepancy

I'm still in probation for a window I broke years ago and I told my recruiter about it, do you think that will disqualify me? What was your charge if you don't mind me asking?

Andrew09 in South Dakota

12 months ago

if you told them and they still offered you a job i highly doubt that it would disqualify you however i can not say, but i dont think they would of wasted your time. and i had two minor consumptions a careless driving ticket and a tresspassing charge, all are pretty old almost seven years ago when i was still a kid. 18 to be exact

12 months ago

Andrew09 in South Dakota said: if you told them and they still offered you a job i highly doubt that it would disqualify you however i can not say, but i dont think they would of wasted your time. and i had two minor consumptions a careless driving ticket and a tresspassing charge, all are pretty old almost seven years ago when i was still a kid. 18 to be exact

Yeah she still decided to move foward after I told her so I hope every checks out. How long did your BG take to be completed.

Andrew09 in South Dakota

12 months ago

submititted on march 25th got it back on march 30th email from staffing manager on 4-1 saying it cleared so about a week just kind of depends how much they have to verify their usually pretty quick

hello in Dallas, Texas

12 months ago

i was just offered a job from at&t as a customer service rep but i have a misdeamor for theft i was caught shoplifting formula milk in 2010 i told the person who called that, he said he would keep me informed does anyone know if i could still be hired?

peter bidart in Decatur, Georgia

11 months ago

I was offer a sales position with att did the background check and put on my hireright app there is a misdemeanor for driving while suspended. I put in the comments that I didn't know it was cause I moved this was in 09. This is the only thing on my record not criminal. will they not hire me. I'm kinda worried

Jack_C in Lewisville, Texas

11 months ago

hello in Dallas, Texas said: i was just offered a job from at&t as a customer service rep but i have a misdeamor for theft i was caught shoplifting formula milk in 2010 i told the person who called that, he said he would keep me informed does anyone know if i could still be hired?

I would think that anything related to shoplifting or theft of any kind would probably be the one thing that will cause them not to hire you... this is what I've heard and read on forums. Good luck...you never know.

RickE3000 in La Porte, Texas

11 months ago

Simone, or anyone who knows...I have worked for AT&T for a decade, but 6 years ago, I got a serious misdemeanor. I want to transfer locations but know if at&t will perform a background check when I apply internally. Does anyone know if AT&T runs background checks on transferring employees?

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

11 months ago

RickE3000 in La Porte, Texas said: Simone, or anyone who knows...I have worked for AT&T for a decade, but 6 years ago, I got a serious misdemeanor. I want to transfer locations but know if at&t will perform a background check when I apply internally. Does anyone know if AT&T runs background checks on transferring employees?

I doubt it when it comes to transfers, since you're still with the same company, you're good to go. I transferred between two locations at one of my old jobs and no background checks. I also worked for a prison, so you would think they would do one, but didn't.

mstee3 in Irving, Texas

10 months ago

Simone what about a bad check charge?

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas

10 months ago

Yes they will terminate you. They did it to my husband, an employee for almost 20 years for less. For not reporting it.

Robert

9 months ago

Simone Bullard in Orlando, Florida said: Mr_Lea, you are quite welcome. Let me know if you have any further questions. You have a blessed day as well.

Hello Simone,

You seem to know a lot about AT&T. Would you perhaps know what their policy is on DUI? I got one in July 2010 (almost 3 years ago)It was a misdemeanor. No accidents or fatalities. I completed all my community service and driving school, got my license back and haven't had any sort of incident since. I got a call from one of the recruiters yesterday about a job in California and he made it sound like if I waited til after three years ill have no problem getting a job but if I were to go on with the hiring process right now, then I would be automatically disqualified. What do you think I should do?

Sandra Santana in Elizabeth, New Jersey

5 months ago

Im currently in a so -what chaotic, stressful situation. I applied at AT&T for an RSC position, went through interview process, received a contingent job offer, did my background check and as of now got the results and a call from my recruiter stating that my results had two discrepancies. They are regarding my past and recent employer. HireRight contacted my past employer and they gave them a different start date than the one I provided, but luckily I had my W2 forms and faxed it to my recruiter. But as of now for my recent employer I do not have any proof of working there because I was only there for 3 days and do not have any type of documentation to provide as proof. I have contacted HR from this recent employer as well as HireRight back and forth about a formal letter being faxed as proof but I still have not received any information neither from HireRight or AT&T recruiter. Does anybody know is they could rescind the job offer because of this situation. I hope someone is able to get back to me with an answer because my future really depends on this job and I am really stressed.

That guy angel in Houston, Texas

3 months ago

Hi I have a question that needs to be answer I have a misdemeanor and I when I submitted my application I said no to I never been convicted for felonies etc. by mistake I have a misdemeanor and wanted to know do i call att to correct that?or do I wait until they call me because I don't know much about the law I'm a good person but have a misdemeanor for an un-intentional mistake I got arrested for but what can I do I really want this job and be honest

CFerr in Lake Forest, California

16 days ago

datboiwes in Macon, Georgia said: I was offered a job by AT&T about a week ago. I recieved a packet w/ instructions to take a drug test and everything. I am a little worried about my background check. I have a misdemeandor on there from about two years ago, that has yet to be expunged. The charge has been dismissed, however. Will they write me off due to this?

Did they go forward with your hiring? I am having a similar issue

Raynefall34 in Macon, Georgia

2 days ago

I just finished taking my cc audition and hopeful for a work at home position with att as a sales consultant. I do have a petit larceny from 2009 will this stop me from being hired?

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.