How to get a job at AT&T.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (651 to 700 of 792)
Page:  « First « Previous   11  12  13  14  15  16  Next »   Last »

Blatherbeard in Round Rock, Texas

74 months ago

I had the number because she had called me personally. Its a number in Dallas so it probably wouldn't be the same number for you to call.

I notice that the website has been a bit bugged as of late.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sean in Marysville, Washington

73 months ago

Just a warning for young people hoping to get a job at an AT&T Cell Center. DON'T BOTHER unless you have experience with customer service. You will automatically get declined.

Reply - Report abuse

hobson266 in Renton, Washington

73 months ago

Disgruntled in Winter Park, Florida said: I have several years of customer service experience and possess excellent customer service skills, communication skills and telephone etiquette as well as solid computer skills. I successfully passed the customer service test, however my application for employment was rejected based on my answers to some of the interview questions. My answers were misinterpreted by the interviewer and I was therefore denied an opportunity for employment. I sincerely believe that this company practices age discrimination and takes every opportunity to disqualify older applicants. Don't waste your time applying if you are over 35.

I experienced primarily the same as you. I passed the assessment, had the interview. They sent me an email back saying that I did not qualify because of my interview. I really wish I could contact the interviewer and see what the problem was. Maybe it will help me be better for my next one. I am over qualified. I think they are prejudice. They should have panel interviews instead of one person making a judgement against you. I could not believe I did not get hired.

Reply - Report abuse

orry in Saint Louis, Missouri

73 months ago

Dear Disgruntled in WinterPark, Fl & hobson266:

Well, don't give up-another job opportunity will come along. AT&T is not the end of the world, although they think that they are the number ! company in the USA. Go figure--they all do.
Remember this when voting in November 2012.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

hobson266 in Renton, Washington said: I experienced primarily the same as you. I passed the assessment, had the interview. They sent me an email back saying that I did not qualify because of my interview. I really wish I could contact the interviewer and see what the problem was. Maybe it will help me be better for my next one. I am over qualified. I think they are prejudice. They should have panel interviews instead of one person making a judgement against you. I could not believe I did not get hired.

Always get your inviewers business card before you leave.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Good point!!! Always get their business card, and if they say, "they had forgotten them, ask them to write it down"..even better, you write it down.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

I start on Feb. 6th. It's been a long process and I'm glad it's over. I'm excited to get started.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Good for you. I had all the experience, in fact over qualified. They said I did not pass the interview. They need to do panel interviews. They would get better results. They ask questions that have nothing to do with the job title.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Good idea. There was no one I could reply to on there email.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Thank you. I will remember that.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

No problem, hobson266. You are a survivor!

Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

Even if you had a phone number, good luck gettin a hold of someone. It always goes to voicemail and they hardly return your calls.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jamesblair08 in Mobile, Alabama

73 months ago

Im just waiting on my background check to come in. How strict are they on speeding tickets cus i have 2. They are like a year apart and have had none in a year!! So hope Im good??!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

jamesblair08 in Mobile, Alabama said: Im just waiting on my background check to come in. How strict are they on speeding tickets cus i have 2. They are like a year apart and have had none in a year!! So hope Im good??!!

Don't worry about speeding tickets. I told them Imhad to also. They didn't even come up on the report. How long has it been since you started the BG check?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I sent it in the 10th. Had to submit pics of w2s to prove work time cus i couldn't remember exact dates on my work history unfortunately. So the 12th of this month everything got in.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

jamesblair08 in Mobile, Alabama said: I sent it in the 10th. Had to submit pics of w2s to prove work time cus i couldn't remember exact dates on my work history unfortunately. So the 12th of this month everything got in.

I assume you already took the urine sample? My check only took 5 days, and that was with a holiday in it. You can always get your transcripts from the IRS. That's what I did. They fax them right away.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Yea the 11 i did the drug screen/ physical check. I know Im good there no drug use and Im still young so no physical limitations. Just no word yet!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

jamesblair08 in Mobile, Alabama said: Yea the 11 i did the drug screen/ physical check. I know Im good there no drug use and Im still young so no physical limitations. Just no word yet!

What do you have to take a physical for? What position did you apply for?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Premises tech

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

jamesblair08 in Mobile, Alabama said: Premises tech

Ok, I will be working in the store. How long will your training be?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

6-9 weeks so Im told.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

jamesblair08 in Mobile, Alabama said: 6-9 weeks so Im told.

Do you have a local training facility? Or will they be flying you somewhere?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Somewhat local ill be able to drive there.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

jamesblair08 in Mobile, Alabama said: Somewhat local ill be able to drive there.

That's cool. I believe they will reimburse you for the mileage.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Yea i believe so. Super excited cuz this would be a great career op for me!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

jamesblair08 in Mobile, Alabama said: Yea i believe so. Super excited cuz this would be a great career op for me!!

Yes it is. They have great benefits and it's a solid company. It's reall hard to find a job here and California. I was very very lucky to get hired.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Im just glad that i found somethin where Im working for myself I hate working directly under ppl. A lot for a holes in the south.

Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I am definitely a survivor.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

73 months ago

jamesblair08 in Mobile, Alabama said: Yea i believe so. Super excited cuz this would be a great career op for me!!

I looked at some videos on the AT&t website. I think the perm tech job training is 3 weeks long. Looks like a very cool training course. Good luck with that!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Its 3 weeks in class 3 weeks ride along so 6 in total!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

DebTin1 in Burlington, Vermont

72 months ago

Shiggity42 in California said: I assume you already took the urine sample? My check only took 5 days, and that was with a holiday in it. You can always get your transcripts from the IRS. That's what I did. They fax them right away.

How long have you worked for AT&T?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

72 months ago

I haven't even started yet. my training starts Feb. 6th

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

shiggity42 in California

72 months ago

DebTin1 in Burlington, Vermont said: How long have you worked for AT&T?

I haven't even started yet. My training starts Feb. 6th.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Foreverurs in Brooklyn, New York

72 months ago

I applied recently to AT&T and the process has been terrible. Just waiting and calls for more info, it's like I applied to work in the white house or something.it's too much! Now one question, when I applied for this sales consultant position it did not say that you needed any education required(high school/college). They're doing my background check using hireright. I had an issue in high school and left it and started a college program that did not require high school diploma. Will this be a problem ??

Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Well I passed everything but now they don't have enough openings how great!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Of course.....sounds like a smoke screen to me.

Reply - Report abuse

foreverurs in New York, New York

72 months ago

Well i ended up getting the job and start pretty soon. Job pays 14.66 an hour plus commission. I use to work for an AT&T authorized dealer and I'll let you know now, they don't pay as much as CORE but you may sit all day if you want. AT&T authorized dealers aren't really stressful though because you'll most likely work there alone or maybe with 1 more person and it isn't really competitive and they aren't really strict & to get the job was super easy! BUT In AT&T CORE its hard to get in,you stand all day, it is pure competition, very** strict and if you want your money, you have to go for anything and everything, get along with all your employees which are like 8-10 of them and also get competitive.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Then don't do AT&T CORE.

Reply - Report abuse

Foreverurs in New York, New York

72 months ago

I never said I didn't want to. I'm just saying my experience just in case ppl were interested.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Good! That is as healthy sense of reality.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Zeppo in Hayward, California

72 months ago

Prem Tech training in Cali is:
1 week safety
1 week ride along
1 week wiring
1 week uverse setup
1 week ride along
1 week voip and internet
1 week advanced troubleshooting
plus as many more weeks of ridealong as your garage wants afterwards.

Apparently *very few* new PTs get their own truck right after training ends - most wind up riding for a few more weeks. So, call it 8-10 weeks "training" in total before you're out on your own.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Zeppo in Hayward, California said: Prem Tech training in Cali is:
1 week safety
1 week ride along
1 week wiring
1 week uverse setup
1 week ride along
1 week voip and internet
1 week advanced troubleshooting
plus as many more weeks of ridealong as your garage wants afterwards.

Apparently *very few* new PTs get their own truck right after training ends - most wind up riding for a few more weeks. So, call it 8-10 weeks "training" in total before you're out on your own.

Ill add to this that in Austin we had pole climbing before safety(then safety after), 2 weeks ride along; then wiring, uverse setup, telephony, voip, and internet, then at least a week more ride along(im only getting 1 week because i stepped up and TOLD them im ready.), then apparently we still get 1 more week for advanced prem tech training and ipdslam training.

So its very much if you can take the bull by the horns do so, if not, ride along and learn bad habits from your ride along partners who worry about numbers more than the job.

Personally i just want ot get out there and prove i can do it better than the techs in my house, period.

Reply - Report abuse

Zeppo in Hayward, California

72 months ago

Blatherbeard in Round Rock, Texas said: Ill add to this that in Austin we had pole climbing before safety(then safety after), 2 weeks ride along; then wiring, uverse setup, telephony, voip, and internet, then at least a week more ride along(im only getting 1 week because i stepped up and TOLD them im ready.), then apparently we still get 1 more week for advanced prem tech training and ipdslam training.

So its very much if you can take the bull by the horns do so, if not, ride along and learn bad habits from your ride along partners who worry about numbers more than the job.

Personally i just want ot get out there and prove i can do it better than the techs in my house, period.

Hear, hear! Still, even some of the guys with bad habits know some useful tricks to keep the heat off you when you do things the right way... I've already been in too many situations where management wanted the tech to bug out, when another hour staying with the customer would set everything right. So, what ends up happening is 4-5 techs visit, and waste time figuring the story out, when the first guy could've handled everything fine in a single day... But they get so focused on numbers like you said, that the logic no longer matters.

I know one guy who was able to use a combination of codes to squeeze extra time, and keep the customer happy. That guy I want to ride with again... But yeah, if the exec-levels had their heads on straight, then techs who wanted to do a good job wouldn't be penalized for doing so. :P

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I did my drug test and background check and now they don't have a opening Wtf!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Zeppo in Hayward, California said: Hear, hear! Still, even some of the guys with bad habits know some useful tricks to keep the heat off you when you do things the right way... I've already been in too many situations where management wanted the tech to bug out, when another hour staying with the customer would set everything right. So, what ends up happening is 4-5 techs visit, and waste time figuring the story out, when the first guy could've handled everything fine in a single day... But they get so focused on numbers like you said, that the logic no longer matters.

I know one guy who was able to use a combination of codes to squeeze extra time, and keep the customer happy. That guy I want to ride with again... But yeah, if the exec-levels had their heads on straight, then techs who wanted to do a good job wouldn't be penalized for doing so. :P

For sure man. One of the biggest stupid things i see is "stay and play" when a good tech knows its going to be a long one or theres a chance it wont work. So 5 hours later, ir says its a no go and we as prem techs EAT that time. No biggie if you have some time banked, but if you had a crappy week or 3 stay and plays that didnt work, you get hosed. Those are the real things they need to weed out. Numbers arent always right.

Reply - Report abuse

Pedazo in Orlando, Florida

72 months ago

I applied for ATT Last week and I did all the testing. I got a call from the HR Manager for a phone interview and then she set me up for a interview with the hiring manager of North Florida on Monday. The two interviews went very well. The hiring manager asked me alot of questions and she then set me up the same day with an interview with the store manager. I had an interview with the store manager yesterday and I believe it went well. She saw I was a little nervous when she had me mock sell a phone to a coworker, but that was really the only downfall. She liked what she saw on my resume and had me go to the sales floor with a coworker to learn the ropes. She then had me go back to her office and introduced me to the rest of the staff. She explained absolutely everything about the company and told me that I will not get an answer until the following week with ATT decision. She did however go over with me that I would be training in the store and be training at the training center. I really need this job and I would be ashamed if I do not get it. I literally been checking every minute the past twenty four hours for emails and online. Do you guys think i should be fine? Should I write thank you letters? Should I call someone?

Reply - Report abuse

Tammy Smith in Aurora, Illinois

70 months ago

I filled out a application for a retail sales consultant back in feb.

Then I got a email from At&t staffing early march asking if I was still interested in the position. I replied saying "Yes"

Later the next day I got another email from staffing saying they would like a phone interview to explain the job more in detail and they gave me a number to call.

I called the number and the staffing manager answered and asked me a few questions as well as told me a little more about the job.

She then asked would I be able to travel to at&T headquarters for a face to face interview with HR. I obviously said "yes"

Later on the next day she sent me an email with the interview date, time,and address

It also gave me the numbers to the 2 HR reps who would interview me.

Fastforward to the interview day which was a week after I spoke with At&t staffing. I arrived early. Thenit turned out the guy who was going to interview me wason leave. So I had to interview with the IL Regional Manager. The interview went Great and he was impressed. We thanked each other for each others time and I left.

later on that day I called one of the numbers in my email and asked "how long does this hiring process take?" and they said it takes 1-3weeks until they make a final decision.

Its been a week since my interviewI HOPE HOPE HOPE I get the job.

Its actually for a store location that has not opened yet so im pretty excited

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Dear Tammy Smith:
Congratulations, dear, on the interview. Just a word of caution:
It is an employers' job market, and even with a great interview, there are many others going through the same process. The company does not have to hire you if they find another candidate with "better" skills, qualifications,and/or experience.
HOPE is a good thing, but continue to apply at other companies. Pinning your hopes on 1 particular job in this job market is not the best thing to do right now. I worked for AT&T for two years, and while my employment was good, i question its company politics.
Whatever happens, I wish the best for you.

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Dear Tammy Smith:
Congratulations, dear, on the interview. Just a word of caution:
It is an employers' job market, and even with a great interview, there are many others going through the same process. The company does not have to hire you if they find another candidate with "better" skills, qualifications,and/or experience.
HOPE is a good thing, but continue to apply at other companies. Pinning your hopes on 1 particular job in this job market is not the best thing to do right now. I worked for AT&T for two years, and while my employment was good, i question its company politics.
Whatever happens, I wish the best for you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

gumby in Gulf Shores, Alabama

70 months ago

Has anyone heard where and when next training will be if they are hired? I heard April training may be in Atlanta?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   11  12  13  14  15  16  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.