How to get a job at AT&T.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 786)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

A AAP in Pensacola, Florida

90 months ago

They make you a "conditional" offer. Once you pass the background check it will be offical.

I'm not sure if a misdermeanor would affect their decision. Once they send you the message to take the test, it comes with a phone number. You can ask them then, so that you don't waste time taking the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

appolonia in Kalamazoo, Michigan

90 months ago

what can you have on your background check that will allow you not to receive the customer service position. can you have any misdermeanor's that are 5yrs.old

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Again,

Contact the recruiter once you get the email from them stating that they would like you to go to testing. It all depends on what you actually did.

90 months ago

ive already tested and passed and had the inerview and passed so what's next i don't know if they did a background check or not yet what would be the next step?

90 months ago

appolonia in Kalamazoo, Michigan said: ive already tested and passed and had the inerview and passed so what's next i don't know if they did a background check or not yet what would be the next step?

The background check and drug test are done after you get the conditional offer of employment. It can take up to a week or more for them to finish.

90 months ago

do you know how much they start off with with only 3yrs of sales at at&t it use to be 15.00 but that has change now!

Jessigirl in Georgia

89 months ago

Hello. I recently received an e-mail asking to come in for testing for a sales associate position. What kind of questions will I be asked? What are the chances that I will actually get the job? I'm pretty new to anything dealing with sales. Also, what are the chances that AT&T will hire someone based on looks alone? Weird question out of left-field, I know, but I am just curious. I'd like to know whether or not I'm wasting my time and should look elsewhere. I'm a college student and am in need of a steady, 9-5 job so I can start paying off student loans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Jessigirl,

I don't think that "looks" will play a role in your getting hired or not. Just make sure that you look "professional" on the day of your interview. I saw some people not dressed to impress and they didn't get the job. It doesn't matter your race or age. I saw people in their 50-60's get the job too. I'm 23 and being a college student may work for you, depending on your major. For instance, I told my interviewer that I wanted to go back to school and finish and get a marketing degree, which I do plan on doing once I pay down some of my loans.

However, know that you will work mandatory OT (up to 11 hours a week), so if your classes are online or on slow days like Thursdays and Fridays, then you should be fine.

The test isn't something that you can fake. Either you are meant for sitting long hours and selling or you're not but take it and see. It doesn't cost you anything, but 45 mins. It's an inventory test to find out if your personality is a match for the company and if you have the desire to sell. If you can be productive without much assistance while being a team player.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Jessigirl in Georgia said: Hello. I recently received an e-mail asking to come in for testing for a sales associate position. What kind of questions will I be asked? What are the chances that I will actually get the job? I'm pretty new to anything dealing with sales. Also, what are the chances that AT&T will hire someone based on looks alone? Weird question out of left-field, I know, but I am just curious. I'd like to know whether or not I'm wasting my time and should look elsewhere. I'm a college student and am in need of a steady, 9-5 job so I can start paying off student loans.

jessigirl, i had the inerview and the test and successfully passed them both. the people there were really nice and understanding.remember that when they say why should we hire you your reply should be. because i want to work here i'll be excited to contribute to your success.and you should do just fine. best of luck and just pray if it's meant for you then you will have it if not god has another plan for you so don't worry..........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

pbarker in chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

A AAP in Pensacola, Florida said: AT&T's hiring process doesn't take that long. If you don't hear from them within 24 hours then you probably didn't get the job. The only difference would be the tech positions like cable slicer, depending on when there next training class is and how many qualified applicants are ahead of you.

But, if you apply for customer service or sales positions, expect same day response.

Well I'm here to report that there was hope because I got the job. They contacted me on march 19th and I dont start until may 5.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cruz9 in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

maurvol17 in Lombard, Illinois said: im loving comcast so far :)

hey i recently applied for the Comcast Communication Tech 1 position, and I just recieved an email inviting me to a test day which is next week. I was just wondering what exactly is on this test, I want to be prepared and not caught off guard.also did you interview the same day you tested?Did you dress up tie dress pants? i really need this job so Any and ALL information is appreciated! Thanks.

suew25 in Dallas, Texas

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at AT&T? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I went in put in an application, waited till i was called took the test and then waited again. you can go to the local cwa in your area and they may be able to help.

suew25 in Dallas, Texas

89 months ago

Tiffanie Day said: I would like to know how much school experience is required for at&t

High school for most jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

suew25 in Dallas, Texas

89 months ago

Awesome_Arab in Chicago, Illinois said: Does anyone have information on the vacation/ personal days / sick time / other perks? I'm deciding if I want to take a position offered.

6mths one week
1yr two weeks
5yrs three weeks
7 contract days a year

the benefits are great i think i have been with the company for several years. the main thing is be on time, be there for your tour and the rest is easy...

suew25 in Dallas, Texas

89 months ago

John Dawson in Greensboro, North Carolina said: How strict are the background checks with at&t? I don't have any problems with my driving record or any criminal background for that matter. What I'm worried about is that the dates on my employment history are not correct on my resume. I've already gotten the phone offer from HR.

tell them that you made a mistake dont take a chance

89 months ago

go to www.att.com/gen/careers?pid=1 search for jobs in your area and submit your resume for the job that you want.

Jessigirl in Georgia

89 months ago

Thanks!!! I took the test and passed and everyone who qualified will get an e-mail within 1-2 weeks for the interview. I hope I get it! I took it very seriously! There were some people there in jeans. One lady there had on a hoodie! I was a little surprised some didn't dress to at least try to impress the guy! He may not be in a position to hire, but I'm sure he was taking notes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nj_n_atl76 in atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

Are there any AT&T Atlanta/Kennesaw, GA recent Sales Associate applicants here?

How has your application process been? I been through the entire process and completed everything about 3 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything either way. I'm just wondering if this is normal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

justwandering in sherwood, Arkansas

89 months ago

maurvol17 in Lombard, Illinois said: Luckly the other job came through.... Im not sure what is really what company is better to get into right now comcast or ATT but i choose comcast. im being paid 13 an hour to start and will be 16 within a yr if get cert in Phone and internet which i will do. Plus benefits after 3 months (first month is all training) so only 2 month on the job plus my tv and internet are paid for as of the 24th when i start.they also talk A LOT more of promotion from within. Also didnt say ANYTHING of a salary cap. So for you ATTers i enjoyed the process and thanks to any that gave/give advice but i personally choose a different route.

HI i was wandering what the benefits are for Comcast vs AT&T?
I know at&t has med/dental/vision/life plus several doscounts from at&t owned companies could you tell me what the benefits are for Comcast? i would really appreciate it if you could reply ASAP im in the midddle of getting hired at At&t and i dont want to sell my self short. thanks so much , Caleb

justwandering in sherwood, Arkansas

89 months ago

Princess in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have to say my experience with being hired at AT&T was fairly simple. I applied, got an email to test, got a phone interview, and then an in person interview, did the drug test and background check, and was hired...all with in 3-4 weeks. It might be because the AT&T center down here is hiring about 100 people or so. Good luck to you!

I was wandering how the drug test procedure is. Ive been thc free for 37 days and im worried because of my slow metabolism that i mighht fail. Do they send you to a doctor offsite and do they watch while you pee. Im scared i wont get the job, ive made it through all interviews and im set to start training on may 26th. Pleas any inof would be appreciated, thanks so much, Caleb

89 months ago

the drug testing is monitored. The send you to a testing facility.

89 months ago

your best bet is to go where they sell things to flush your system like ua flush all the liquid or the chewable tablet or the pill form it's heaven scent they do not watch you urine but they do test the warmth.and the safest thing to do now on is o not do illegal things i learned the hard way.

DjLynx in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

Hey Jack 4 life! Let me give you alittle background on me....i got hired as a "term" employee about 2.5 years ago, i was the 1st wave in along with 2 other employees. There is one other employee who came in 6 mo earlier but he got hired alone...anyways im based out of anaheim and have been working on what is called the VRAD build, basically supplying Video services to customers.......i was previously employed with the company in 2000 but decided to take a buyout as i was getting pushed around to take other positions in northern call due to the fact that they hired too many techs and didnt have any available positions for us.........we'll i came back thinking yes i can get my foot in the door again and we can go from there, because i kick @ss ;)......we'll apparently that doesnt matter anymore....i have received various training and able to pick up fast due to my previous experience and so has the 1st term technician that came in 6 months earlier.....we'll his term is up tomorrow,,,,and guess what.....nothing! that union was unable to provide any type of response wether he was going to be hired perm or released.....the poor guy was stressing out and took the initiative to contact HR managers, and 3rd level and VP execs to get some answers....and they all were unable to provide any type of answers....till i believe hes our VP of west ops, returned his call and stated that he status was still being discussed with District 9 which i believe is out National Union District......im very dissapointed in out union at the local, and national level! How could they even allow this "term" position to even exist!! Well he was adivsed a few days ago since he was stressing out that he would most likely stil retain his job title, but they most likely would "re-term" him for another 1-3 years......Thats BS! Here the guy is busting his @ss like many of us, while this project continues to overrun estimations, and they cant offer him a perm position! djlynx@sbcglobal.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

The Term is different for each position. At my call center, I may get the option to go Perm after 9 mos.

DjLynx in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

Have you been provided this in writing? Were you not hired with the "1-3" year clause?? Are you in District 3 for CWA? Over here we dont even have access to AUTS which stands for Automated upgrade and Transfer system for employees trying to seek different positions within the company....I find out today if or how my co-worker which completes his 3yr term will be approached.......im starting to think the differences are not based on position but as to what district they are in and how that district negotiated their contract for term and prem tech employment

88 months ago

Of course it's not in "writing", but it depends on your job and probably location. Where I'm located, it's 9 mos and they are very good about transfers and moving up.

maurvol17 in Lombard, Illinois

88 months ago

justwandering in sherwood, Arkansas said: HI i was wandering what the benefits are for Comcast vs AT&T?
I know at&t has med/dental/vision/life plus several doscounts from at&t owned companies could you tell me what the benefits are for Comcast? i would really appreciate it if you could reply ASAP im in the midddle of getting hired at At&t and i dont want to sell my self short. thanks so much , Caleb

Comcast vs At&T
Both good companies in grander scheme but.....
OK im not 100 sure on that ATT benefits but all i can go off of is what i heard that they gae or what it looked like i was going to get.

Comcast hired Full time not Term like MOST not all ATT jobs. I wasnt being offered a term pos for example when i intervied with ATT

Comcast NON Union (formost part there are a few union shops where im at but not mine) so no union protection once past first 90 days
Att union and IF hired full time you have that protection.

88 months ago

Comcast Health dental vision plus other stuff 401K stock match and MANY more things kick in after 90 days Att i believe if 6 months but not 100% sure but i know for me health was going to be 6 months.

Comcast get ALL cable channels BUT stuff like PPV and playboy stuff for free and its 1/2 off for all the EXTRA packages like playboy and Howard stern and 1/2 off paid for movies that are new. Sprint/Nextal save 20 % on bill plus 20 % on new phone and accessories plus there may be some BIG combo company ClearWire merger that may soon offer comcast more benefits through sprint. your going to save 7 to 15 % on other phones. Many other companies including ford and GM that you get employee cost. Internet FREE Phone 15 bucks. Internet phone and TV all start on day one if bill clean. Att you get all your stuff at 50% off not as much off as Comcast plus to my knowledge you still have to sign a contract where there is none with comcast and if you cancle the contract it goes full price and you have to stick it out. dont get fired in ATT or your contract say on your phone goes FULL price rest of the contract length.

88 months ago

Now that may not matter to you but me for one DONT LIKE CONTRACTs. I dont want to know i may be let go at X time and i dont like to sign contracts that may change if i were let go early and i didnt appreciate them (ATT) telling me id be paid X and then my offer was much less. I know both companies have plus's and minus and i know i may be biased a little cause i choose comcast but fact is as of now comcast in MY SITUATION is better. You have to make your own decision on that.

88 months ago

Here are the benefits at AT&T:
AFTER 6MOS They pay for your dental, health and vision. If you are a term employee, you have to pay for your family benefits. You can elect Cobra during your first 6 mos of employment. Term employees are also in the pension plan, but not fully vested until 4 years of employment. Once you go Perm, if you do, you are eligible for a company match 401k. They match up to 70 cents of every dollar that you put in, from what I was told by the uninon. Also, you get a raise every 6 mos(most companies give you a raise only once a year)

For a person with no kids and single, it's a great place to work. Since I'm a sales associate, my earning potential is greater than those with different jobs. The DEFINITELY start you off with more money than a cable slicer, but it's a more demanding job because selling is a part of it. Plus the mandatory overtime. But the work week is 37.5 hours and you get an hour lunch, if you don't do a split shift. Any OT over 12 hrs is Double OT which is SWEET. I can't wait till they have unlimited OT.

I understand why the company does Term. Think about it. They are growing and if they can't count on you to do your job, then why should they have to pay your pension plus a 401k? Because Bellsouth always hired perm, we get a chance to go perm within our first year.

It's different at each job/location

88 months ago

Comcast Fully vested Day one after your first 90 days and they match up to 6 percent and this is done pretax so you'll save a bit there but that may be same with all companies but im not sure. Comcast stock is matched dollar for dollar i believe. Your price is i believe 10% (but may be 15 or 20 % i just dont remember)lower then what ever is the lower price between beginning of quarter or end of Q. Example trading 18 at Q Start and 20 at Q end. So employees pay 18 minus 10% so we would get the stock at 17.20 although its trading 20 at end of quarter. Thats really really nice. in example you would have a 3.80 winner the day you buy the stock. Stock i believe its put in after tax so not as nice as the 401 there. and your going to have normal penalties if you take out early opposed to 401 being a little different.

88 months ago

A AAP in Pensacola, Florida said: Here are the benefits at AT&T:
AFTER 6MOS They pay for your dental, health and vision. If you are a term employee, you have to pay for your family benefits. You can elect Cobra during your first 6 mos of employment. Term employees are also in the pension plan, but not fully vested until 4 years of employment. Once you go Perm, if you do, you are eligible for a company match 401k. They match up to 70 cents of every dollar that you put in, from what I was told by the uninon. Also, you get a raise every 6 mos(most companies give you a raise only once a year)

For a person with no kids and single, it's a great place to work. Since I'm a sales associate, my earning potential is greater than those with different jobs. The DEFINITELY start you off with more money than a cable slicer, but it's a more demanding job because selling is a part of it. Plus the mandatory overtime. But the work week is 37.5 hours and you get an hour lunch, if you don't do a split shift. Any OT over 12 hrs is Double OT which is SWEET. I can't wait till they have unlimited OT.

I understand why the company does Term. Think about it. They are growing and if they can't count on you to do your job, then why should they have to pay your pension plus a 401k? Because Bellsouth always hired perm, we get a chance to go perm within our first year.

It's different at each job/location

do you know how much the raises are every 6mos and is it true you get bonuses every month on top of regular pay and also is the lunch hrs for new people 11am -12 or 12-1 can you please respond i start very soon

88 months ago

The raise is about 40 dollars every 6 months. Once Yes, you get a bonus for going over your sales objective. It's one month behind. You don't get a bonus until after incubation (2mos), but you do get to do overtime after your first month of incubation. You'll be in you 6 month when you first get your sales bonus, plus you'll get that raise. Lunch hrs begin based on what time you start, the new people get the earlier lunches that start at 10. The more senior people get the "preferred Lunch times" While in training, lunches are between 11 and 12, whatever the class decides on.

Although we aren't eligible for bonuses until after incubation, we are eligible for A&R (awards and recognition). They have this system called bluepoints. Each blue point is 1 dollar of tax-free money placed on a visa card, you can really rack them up quickly.

I also advise you to join the union. Some people don't want to, but I did just to cover myself!

88 months ago

I didn't say more on income because it's different with each location. When you have orientation and speak with a CWA rep, they will have a contract book with the pay scale.

88 months ago

thank-you A AAP my first day is may19 pay day will be on what day do you think they said a bonus of 1333 that will be prorated they come out the 1st of every month and the classes are paid.also how long are the classes for before you get on the floor.

88 months ago

A AAP I WAS TOLD YOU MAX OUT AT 26 HR AFTER 3 YRS HOW TRUE IS THAT WHEN YOU GET 40 EVERY 6 MOS WERE YOU TOLD THE SAME THING.

88 months ago

I'm a sales associate, so I don't know if it's different, but classes last for 2 months, then incubation. Incubation you spend half the time on the phone then the other in class still, at least for the 1st month.

Remember we have a union job. They renegotiate the contract every 3 or 4 years. The next time will be August 2009. You do cap out at the end of 4 years, however, if they renegotiate the contract for more money, which they usually do, that means your pay can still go up even if you are at the highest teir. As a sales associate, our bonus depends on going over our sales objective. Right now, there isn't a cap on how much we can make with our bonus, plus up to 12 hours of OT a week. Some people I know have made 80k plus a year and that's excellent for Pensacola, but it may be different in other places.

I hope that helps

88 months ago

appolonia,
Pay day is the 23rd, so your first check will be on May 6th.

88 months ago

I meant june 6

88 months ago

Also Yes! That's why you get a pay raise of about 40 bucks every 6 mos.

88 months ago

A AAP THANKS AGAIN,THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDED HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL...............APPOLONIA

Tina in Ashland, Kentucky

88 months ago

Lucille Rothstein in Oak Cliff, Texas said: run as fast as you can from att, they totally s,I've been there a year and they treat the employees like c, no insurance for six months and they start you off at practically nothing, my friend makes more at Whataburger than me and she started at the front counter and with a good work ethic and good attitude now shes the manager after a year and few months, she's making 35,000 a year working 40 hrs a week. I make more but because I work 40hrs on top of 40 regular hrs. I have no time for anything not even a good squeeze.I suggest Verizon they are more humane to the employees and they give insurance from the gitgo.They pay more to start too and the quality of the product is far superior than what Att is pushing out to the customer.

I just had to say that I work for AT&T and I did not have to wait for ins. My starting yearly salary was 25,000, we get yearly and union raises every year. I have only been there since Aug 07, I am currently on a LOA for 8 weeks and I received first two weeks 100% of pay and 80% for each additional week off.In just ten months my hourly pay has increased by $1.00. This is at the call center in Grayson Ky, so I think that it has alot to do with the facility you apply at because at this one we have the most awesome benefits, I pay 21.00 per month for medical dental and vision for myself,spouse and 2 children. My dr office co-pay is 10.00.
A friend of mine has been there 4 years and makes nearly 47,000, so maybe you just have a bad center or something.

Oh and for the post that said that if you are over 35 dont bother, at my center location there are about 100 + employees over 35 out of about 300 + total employees, age does NOT matter when applying.

Tina in Ashland, Kentucky

88 months ago

angiea in Willow Spring, North Carolina said: Steve, if you tell me what the positions are, I can give you the salaries for them - the starting salary as well as the raise increments. With AT&T the salary is based on the job itself, not your actual experience. All positions are grouped into their own wage scale.

The pay is not based on the position it is based on experience, I work at the Grayson, Ky call center and a friend that was hired at the same time I was and is doing the same job was not paid as much starting out as I was because I had more experience. We are both CSR's hired on the same hiring date but I make almost 1.40 more then she does. There are people from the same hiring class as me that make more than I do because they have more years of experience.I think it has alot to do with the center and the location.

88 months ago

Tina, I don't think it's about experience, depending on what call center you are at. Everyone in my class is getting the same amount and many have had sales experience.

You said CSR, I think she's talking about the Sales Associate position because we don't get insurance until after 6 mos, but we don't pay for our own insurance. Where I'm located, the pay is usually from 55K up, which is pretty good for florida.

Rene Saenz in Katy, Texas

88 months ago

Princess in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have to say my experience with being hired at AT&T was fairly simple. I applied, got an email to test, got a phone interview, and then an in person interview, did the drug test and background check, and was hired...all with in 3-4 weeks. It might be because the AT&T center down here is hiring about 100 people or so. Good luck to you!

how was the phone interview?? any suggestions??

88 months ago

hawaii- Unfortunately, there is no contact info that we can give out. What positions have you applied for?

Renee-The Phone interview is so easy. They just talk to you a little bit, give you a gist of what the position will be like and then they schedule you for an interview.

Rene Saenz in Katy, Texas

88 months ago

A AAP in Pensacola, Florida said: hawaii- Unfortunately, there is no contact info that we can give out. What positions have you applied for?

Renee-The Phone interview is so easy. They just talk to you a little bit, give you a gist of what the position will be like and then they schedule you for an interview.

I spoke with a sales manager in California she told me about the posotion and salary, then she schedule a phone interview for this coming week. The posotionn is BAE for small business any idea of the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nj_n_atl76 in atlanta, Georgia

88 months ago

I applied in late February for a Sales Associate, passed the Customer Facing Profile March 1, 2008, was told at the test that the next class wouldn't be starting until August '08, but then received an invitation for the BEI for a May '08 class. I had my BEI April 12, 2008 and still haven't heard anything either way. Is this normal? I hate being left hanging like this. I keep trying to think positive........If I didn't qualify wouldn't they have made that determination by now!

JAC in San Antonio, Texas

88 months ago

nj_n_atl76 in atlanta, Georgia said: I applied in late February for a Sales Associate, passed the Customer Facing Profile March 1, 2008, was told at the test that the next class wouldn't be starting until August '08, but then received an invitation for the BEI for a May '08 class. I had my BEI April 12, 2008 and still haven't heard anything either way. Is this normal? I hate being left hanging like this. I keep trying to think positive........If I didn't qualify wouldn't they have made that determination by now!

Though you have applied for a job from outside the company, there may be some people who have tested within the company to transfer into these positions. They have to be asked first, then those who have been approved from off the street will be next. Thats just how they do business.

Ghost whisperer

88 months ago

I have been interviewed(phone)for an outside sales position for at&t's new "Win Back" program.I was told 2 times I went through to the second interview stage. Its been over a week. I called the first manger within 3 days and thanked him for his time and he reassured me she would be getting in touch with me.That the manager here was "swamped". Has anyone heard of them taking up 7 weeks or more to hire? I have read it takes a while for the process to start.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.