How to get a job at AT&T.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 784)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Ghost whisperer

74 months ago

HAWAIIAL in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I WAS EMPLOYED AT AT&T FOR 18 YEARS. I LEFT AT&T IN 1998 TO OPEN MY FURNITURE STORE IN HONOLULU, HAWAII. MY LAST POSITION HELD WAS IN HOSPITALITY MARKETING. AFTER 10 YEARS I AM SELLING MY STORE. I WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK TO AT&T AND RETIRE IN ABOUT 10 OR 15 YEARS. I HAVE APPLIED FOR SEVERAL POSITIONS ONLINE WITH NO SUCCESS. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A CONTACT NAME AND PHONE NUMBER IN THE AT&T EMPLOYMENT DIVISION.

I can. email me at shania3949@yahoo.com and state you are from Hawaii as I will NOT be giving this to anyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ghost whisperer

74 months ago

Rene Saenz in Katy, Texas said: I spoke with a sales manager in California she told me about the posotion and salary, then she schedule a phone interview for this coming week. The posotionn is BAE for small business any idea of the interview?

If you are in sales bring your A game to the table and ASK for the job. I went threw it painting a suffering LOL but the man was wonderful and put me through to the 2nd stage.Learn all you can about at&t and there services. They ask some pretty tough questions!

Rene Saenz in Katy, Texas

74 months ago

any idea of the tough questions?

Ghost whisperer

74 months ago

they ask you sales questions. Mainly to NAME the situations you have been in and sceniarios-(sp) in the past when you did sales. Overcoming objections,etc. Make sure you "SELL" the interviewer and ask for the job, as in any sales role. GL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ghost whisperer

74 months ago

Rene Saenz in Katy, Texas said: how was the phone interview?? any suggestions??

My phone interview was 45 mins.

ednasilem in Birmingham, Alabama

74 months ago

Answers to questions:

The drug test is a urinalysis.

The time you have to wait between being interviewed and being hired is VARIABLE.

And of course the pay scale is BEFORE taxes. You don't seriously expect AT&T knows how many dependents you claim, if you own property, if you give to charities or if you file 1040 EZ or the long form, do you? I wouldn't hire the genius who asked this last question.

JAC in San Antonio, Texas

74 months ago

If you hire in as non-management, most of the job titles are Union and you can call a local CWA Union Hall and they can tell you. If you hire in as management, well, lets just say you won't get what you would have years ago. Non-management: if you go in as same and have a college degree, be sure to ask if they are going hire you in at a little above what you would normally start. How do I know? Retired from AT&T/SBC after 32 yrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cutiepieme in Memphis, Tennessee

74 months ago

is there a training class for retail sales associate?

Silence Is Not Goldem in Augusta, Georgia

74 months ago

Hello All,

I've seen a lot of great information on this site, and wanted to know if someone could maybe give me an answer to a question.

I applied for a position as a Sales Associate (0803232) in the Augusts Area recently. I went to the test, finished first, and was told that due to being shorthanded, that someone would contact me for an interview soon. I passed all components of the test they gave me, and have submitted all of my background info ( I even went to the DMV to pull my MVR, and to the Police Station to pull my criminal history to make sure I know what was on it), but have still yet to get a call.

I emailed my contact, Monica Binns, who sent me the most generic response ever:

"As you have completed testing, there is nothing further you will need to do at this time. Staffing Managers will contact you if they have chosen to pursue your application. "

I know I'm qualified, as my most recent position was Asst. Manager at another wireless carrier. Somewhere on here, I thought I had read that I would at least get a "Dear John" letter or email if for some reason, they decided not to hire me.

Can anyone shed some light for me?

Thanks

Ghost whisperer

74 months ago

a staffing manager just contacted me. My initial phone interview was 3 weeks ago. He send me an applicant about 12 pages long to fax back. I have another phone interview on Monday. I'd hang in there. Great benefits. How long has it been?

Silence Is Not Golden in Augusta, Georgia

74 months ago

Ghost whisperer said: a staffing manager just contacted me. My initial phone interview was 3 weeks ago. He send me an applicant about 12 pages long to fax back. I have another phone interview on Monday. I'd hang in there. Great benefits. How long has it been?

My Testing Session was May 17th, and I haven't heard anything since I left that day.

Ghost whisperer

74 months ago

It's frustrating. I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Ghost whisperer

74 months ago

Anyone know how much i need to know about dsl and wireless sevices b4 interviewing for small business position? Need help today!

tcyneedsajob in Antioch, Tennessee

74 months ago

I got an invitation to test for a sales associate position on 6/5 which was a saturday.There were about thirty of us,we got the overview of the company and we were all told that no offers would be made that day.I tested,qualified and was interviewed the same day.Before the interview started,I was told that it was the first of a two part interview.The first being face to face the second being a phone interview.The face to face interview went fine and at the end I was told that someone would be contacting me regarding a phone interview within the next three weeks.How am I supposed to know when that is?I really need this job they say the starting pay is $638 a week should I get my hopes up or what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ghost whisperer

74 months ago

they are not sure in Nashville, if they are hiring july aug or sept. The TV starts in september. I interviewd for a differant dept. Give it some time. If you need a job bad (totally inderstand) pick up a temp job so you can wait a little. I got the run down on the company. Benefits and everything. I am very excited! Anxious too. I live close to you.email me at shania3949 yahoo
Included at&t in the subject line. Maybe I can help.

Ghost whisperer

73 months ago

When did we start posting resumes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wood Pecker in south east, Florida

73 months ago

I had a phone interview with AT&T, and they told me there were two positions I will be considered for. One is the outside tech, and the other is the outside plant tech. I was told both were term positions.Does anyone know how likely it will be to go from a term position to a perm. position. Thanks for any info.

LDS in Macon, Georgia

73 months ago

Hi Everyone! I just took the test today and "Qualified" on all sections. I want to know how this BEI interviewing is. Is it a face to face interview or a group interview? I sware I hate interviewing.

LDS in Macon, Georgia

73 months ago

LDS in Macon, Georgia said: Hi Everyone! I just took the test today and "Qualified" on all sections. I want to know how this BEI interviewing is. Is it a face to face interview or a group interview? I sware I hate interviewing.

Oh, by the way, it was for the Sales Associate position here in Macon, Georgia.

Mesha83 in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

I applied online, was scheduled to take the CFP test. I passed that but have not heard anything. I emailed the recruiter and told her took the test like I was suppose too but havent heard anything back.

tcyneedsajob in Antioch, Tennessee

73 months ago

If you emailed the recruiter who set you up with the test you are wasting your time.I tested last week and hadthe face bei interview the same day.the interviewer said someone would be contacting me for a phone interview and I have not heard anything yet.I emailed the recruiter who set me up with the test and she said"Once you test the situation is out of my hands.If you are qualified a hiring manager will contact you." So it's a waiting game,but don't get discouraged.

dburc in Knoxville, Tennessee

73 months ago

The biggest reason many of you havent heard anything is because the jobs you all are applying for may be filled by folks that get "suplussed" or layed off. contractually we get first dibs on these. I have been a dispatcher for 10 years and may have to take a customer service job if there is a surplus next quarter. look at it this way. if they hired you and then declared a surplus in my dept. i would have to bump you out of your job anyway. its a union company and senority rules.

also a term job with att is usually for 36 mos. permanate??? possible but not likely.

73 months ago

Ghost whisperer said: Anyone know how much i need to know about dsl and wireless sevices b4 interviewing for small business position? Need help today!

nothing. if youre hired they will tell you what you need to know.

73 months ago

The Union Contract is up in April, so many of you who may have applied may be hired if people go on strike. The Union is not as strong as the Teamsters. However, for anyone who thinks a company gives their employees anything because it makes the company feel good, NOT! Its anticipated there will be a long strike next year. Insurance and benefits are due to be eliminated. This is not a joke nor is it meant to scare anyone. I worked in the Industry for 32 years. Its a pure fact.

73 months ago

dburc in Knoxville, Tennessee said: nothing. if youre hired they will tell you what you need to know.

wait!!! small business??? lol..if you got any sense youll run away and hide b4 they hire you.

Ghost whisperer

73 months ago

I just want you all to know I got my offer. It was given offer the phone and then send via email.
The process took about a mth, but I am in "Management" or as they call it. I also want to tell you that they contacted me. They found my resume on Monster.
My job starts July 1st here in TN. Of course it's all contingent on my background check. They tell you if you even make one mistake like a HS Diploma(lying I am assuming) you're ineligable.I even called my insurance company to make sure my license was still clean.
I understand why everyone is eager to get in. The benefits are steller and the are rated #10 by Fortune Magazine. Meaning at&t is one of the 10 best companies to work for in the US.
I wish everyone luck as they go through this process. I truly feel it's worth it.

73 months ago

Good Luck. They will work you to death. If you can hold up, you will be there a long time.

73 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: The Union Contract is up in April, so many of you who may have applied may be hired if people go on strike. The Union is not as strong as the Teamsters. However, for anyone who thinks a company gives their employees anything because it makes the company feel good, NOT! Its anticipated there will be a long strike next year. Insurance and benefits are due to be eliminated. This is not a joke nor is it meant to scare anyone. I worked in the Industry for 32 years. Its a pure fact.

JAC speaks the truth y'all. the last union newsletter i got broke down by wage scale how much ppl need to start saving now to be ready for the strike in 09. some old timers i have spoke with think it will be 3 or maybe even 4 weeks. some have said longer. if you get hired and we strike, dont cross the picket line. you will never be respected by any craft employee if you do.

73 months ago

DBurc is correct. During the years I worked at AT&T, you do not want to cross a picket line if you are non-management. Many people do not believe in a Union. However, more people who have worked in non-union companies found the benefits in those companies were non-existent. AT&T doesn't have good benefits because they care. By the way, whatever the Union gets, management also gains better in their own benefits. Thats a fact.

A AAP in Pensacola, Florida

73 months ago

When it comes to the Union, it's different for each position and location. Our contract doesn't go into renegotiation until August 2009, and at our call center, we have a chance to go perm within the first year as long as we don't get anything in our files.

So the best thing is to ask the interviewer first. Chances are that if you are a part of what used to be Bellsouth, you are going to be one happy camper, at least I am.

73 months ago

Also, we've never had a strike here. Not that it couldn't happen though. I don't know how it will be now that we are ATT. However, florida is a right to work state, so I don't really get why I decided to join the union any way. I might get out of it.

73 months ago

I live in San Antonio where HQ is. When Ed Whitacre merged AT&T into SBC, the contracts were merged and negotiated to end at the same time. Check with the local Union. Currently, contract workers (non-management) are being hired in anticipation of a strike. (1) in most case they will not be given benefits and the contract is up to 2 yrs only. NOTE: AT&T has never bargained in good faith whereas they were willing to meet half way. They have gone on strike more than any of the former Baby Bells. Now that Humpty Dumpty has been put back together again, (except for US West and Verizon), they will play hard ball. The company is more computerized and jobs outsourced overseas. So a short strike of up to 4 weeks is likely to go into 2 to 3 months.
Been there and have done that.

Ghost whisperer

73 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: Good Luck. They will work you to death. If you can hold up, you will be there a long time.

Well, I think we get paid to work.Business are usually only opened 8-6 M-F. Since I am calling on small business, I don't feel "death"
will be a factor. Appreciate your positive comments.

73 months ago

Right to work state only means you don't have closed shop or have to pay union dues. It has nothing to do with whether a strike will occur or not. Texas is right right to work. AT&T is a union company when it comes to non-management. If there is a strike, the company will be on strike. Whether you go or not, depends on you. If you do not, don't expect other co-workers to have your back. They won't.

73 months ago

As a manager, you will be on call 24/7/365. Been there done that. You are paid salary no overtime. You get sick, too bad so sad. Like I said, if you hang in there you will be around for a good long time.

If the company goes on strike, YOU will be sent to work where ever they tell you. You do not get a choice. So if you have kids or are a one parent home and you are the custodial parent, have a back up plan for someone to take care of your kids.

73 months ago

NEW AT&T EMPLOYEES HEED THIS ADVICE:

DO NOT get caught accessing websites that are not related to company business and DO NOT make or receive personal calls while working unless emergency. ALL lines are monitored, every time you sign in to a database your access code is monitored. There are personnel who do nothing but intercept and scan email all day long and monitor calls. You have been warned. If you want to keep your job, heed this advice. Otherwise you will be fired faster than you can comprehend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

what I am saying is that our contract goes for renegotiation in August 2009, which is different since I'm legacy bellsouth. We have already been told to start saving before Aug 09. Everything I said is concerning my area, which is a bit different from the ATT/SBC side.

73 months ago

Also, if you are a sales associate make sure you BUNDLE on EVERY CALL. People get fired when they get caught not doing so. I don't care what anyone tells you, FOLLOW CALL FLOW!

73 months ago

I was Legacy SBC before merger with AT&T. Check your Union Hall. If you all managed to maintain the same contract ending date, be sure and look to AT&T to see how your contract will go. If they force out SBC/PAC BELL Legacy groups since merger, you guys will fare no better. But when the next contract is ratified, all contract ending dates will certainly be the same. When PAC BELL merged with SBC, all contract termination dates were made the same. Since Bell South was the most recent prior to merging AT&T, you may have been saved and the date not changed.

73 months ago

I think that's what happened for us. The people at my union hall get real testy lol. They are definitely fighters and a bit spoiled. I will be looking out for the news of what happens to you all in April. I will definitely save my money just in case though. This is my first time working for a union company. You are definitely right about management. They even come in on Sundays where I work. I'm not sure if I would want to go that route.

73 months ago

AT&T is already calling retirees to work during the strike. They are calling really early this time. Just got a call.

I've worked both sides. Management and non-management.

73 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: NEW AT&T EMPLOYEES HEED THIS ADVICE:

DO NOT get caught accessing websites that are not related to company business and DO NOT make or receive personal calls while working unless emergency. ALL lines are monitored, every time you sign in to a database your access code is monitored. There are personnel who do nothing but intercept and scan email all day long and monitor calls. You have been warned. If you want to keep your job, heed this advice. Otherwise you will be fired faster than you can comprehend.

That's good info. No more cnn.com for me at my desk. I'll spread the word around the ofc.

73 months ago

Ghost whisperer said: I just want you all to know I got my offer. It was given offer the phone and then send via email.
The process took about a mth, but I am in "Management" or as they call it. I also want to tell you that they contacted me. They found my resume on Monster.
My job starts July 1st here in TN. Of course it's all contingent on my background check. They tell you if you even make one mistake like a HS Diploma(lying I am assuming) you're ineligable.I even called my insurance company to make sure my license was still clean.
I understand why everyone is eager to get in. The benefits are steller and the are rated #10 by Fortune Magazine. Meaning at&t is one of the 10 best companies to work for in the US.
I wish everyone luck as they go through this process. I truly feel it's worth it.

Congrats. some folks like management and some folks dont. i know of two ost's(outside techs) that were took management jobs then decided to come back to craft.
you do know that if we strike in 09 the company could send you to any, and i mean any job? you could be climbing a pole, splicing cable, working in the CO, or answering the phones. they own you now.

73 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: AT&T is already calling retirees to work during the strike. They are calling really early this time. Just got a call.

I've worked both sides. Management and non-management.

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Ghost whisperer

73 months ago

Ok thanks for all your opinions. I am sorry some of you don't like my descision, but really- STOP!

73 months ago

dburc in Knoxville, Tennessee said: DON'T DO IT!!!!

I used to be management but went back to non-management. I'm not nuts! I wouldn't go back as contract let alone cross a picket line. I know how we got/get those benefits. I know that if there was no union, there would be no benefits. No worry about me.

73 months ago

Ghost whisperer said: Ok thanks for all your opinions. I am sorry some of you don't like my descision, but really- STOP!

Its not that anyone doesn't like your decision. I have worked in the small business office. As a manager, your hours will not be 8a-6p. You will work beyond 8 hrs. I'm letting you know its not going to be easy. Only those who have the stamina, don't whine, complain and do what they are told (no matter how much they disagree) will make it. However, after awhile, long hours and the stress of the business effects your health and immune system. So just don't think it can't happen to you.

73 months ago

Ghost whisperer said: Ok thanks for all your opinions. I am sorry some of you don't like my descision, but really- STOP!

who is your 2nd level?

Just curious7 in Stafford, Texas

73 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: NEW AT&T EMPLOYEES HEED THIS ADVICE:

Excellent advice.. Bottom line there is no outside communication unless you are on breaks or lunches and please use your own phone.. Oh by the way if you are in a call center the amount of times you go to the bathroom is even monitored.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dit oul in Schaumburg, Illinois

73 months ago

Ive been with the company for about 8 months now, and I love it!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.