What if I cant prove my own company?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

bdubs

16 months ago

It's been about 2 weeks with the background check now. I was self-employed for 5 years, while still working my other jobs. I put my company on the application and everything because it was good work experience but now they've asked for documents to prove the company, and there really aren't any. I have told them. Only one year did I report taxes with the company, when I was most active, and now the company is done. I sent him screenshots of the PayPal statements over the past 5 years and emails of all the orders. He just said he can't accept those documents. So what? Okay. What now? They won't let it go. So there's no way to prove to them the company was around for the years I said it was. Okay. I still have a bachelor's degree and 9 years excellent work experience and passed the interview with flying colors. I hope this isn't bad. :( This was going to be like the best that's happened to me in aong time, sadly. I'm a perfect candidate. :( Isn't it discrimination of they take away their offer because of this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bdubs

16 months ago

So I just shouldn't put my own company on my resume from now on or what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bdubs

16 months ago

Got an emal today saying I cleared the background check! I guess they accepted the PayPal screenshots I sent them, or just dismissed the fact they couldn't confirm it. GOOD LORDDDD. I was so upset not knowing when I would hear back. I start in 2 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

16 months ago

bdubs said: Got an emal today saying I cleared the background check! I guess they accepted the PayPal screenshots I sent them, or just dismissed the fact they couldn't confirm it. GOOD LORDDDD. I was so upset not knowing when I would hear back. I start in 2 weeks.

You are lucky. My sister once had to prove that she worked for a company that went belly up. Both of us have all our paystubs going back over 10 years.

From now on, save everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bdubs in Texas

16 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: You are lucky. My sister once had to prove that she worked for a company that went belly up. Both of us have all our paystubs going back over 10 years.

From now on, save everything.

There is nothing to save. They were asking for documents that didn't exist. And even without my company, I was still employed elsewhere at the same time. I'm betting in your case, it was the only place of employment at a certain period of time, and that's why it was complicated to prove.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bdubs in Texas

16 months ago

I don't know why this says in texas next to my name now. I'm not in texas..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

16 months ago

bdubs in Texas said: There is nothing to save. They were asking for documents that didn't exist. And even without my company, I was still employed elsewhere at the same time. I'm betting in your case, it was the only place of employment at a certain period of time, and that's why it was complicated to prove.

Going forward, save all everything!: paystubs, W-2s, Employee of the Month awards, etc.

Many companies are using 3rd party verifiers now and so many companies don't give out their data or have gone bankrupt that you might not "exist". You might not get hired because of this but they won't tell you this either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

16 months ago

bdubs in Texas said: There is nothing to save. They were asking for documents that didn't exist. And even without my company, I was still employed elsewhere at the same time. I'm betting in your case, it was the only place of employment at a certain period of time, and that's why it was complicated to prove.

The company used a 3rd party verifier and they had no record of the company that my sister worked for. It was a bank. Fortunately, my sister had all her pay stubs and they accepted that as evidence.

Save everything now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bdubs

16 months ago

Nah I'm good on that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.