ANSWERS on TRAINING, SCHEDULES, UNIFORMS, COMPANY PHONES

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 53)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Jarred_ShermanTX in Austin, Texas

14 months ago

Here's a little bit of information for those of you wondering. I just completed my first week of training and here's what I can tell you.

Expect to jump right in on your first week of training. The trainer's are energetic, pumped up and excited about your arrival to RSC training. Training is very interactive, meaning you have to be outgoing, outspoken, motivated and ready to interact with your fellow classmates. If you're shy this won't be a comfortable month for you, because you'll definitely have to come out of your shell and interact and get involved.

Some miscellaneous information:

- You will get your first two shirts around the second week, and they will be delivered to your store.

- You will receive your company owned phone, "COU" at the end of the second week of training. NO - you don't get to pick and choose, and NO, you won't find out what device you're going to be given ahead of time. It is chosen by the company, and it will be delivered to you at the end of your second week of training by your trainer.

- You will receive $100 for additional clothing to purchase around the 2nd-3rd week, and you will be encouraged to order your additional shirts right away. Part-Timers receive $100 twice per year to order clothing and apparel. I think Full-Time receives $125 twice per year.

- Don't be late and do not miss training...I cannot state this enough. You will leave a very bad impression on everyone and it will be the wrong way to get started in your new career.

- Listen in class and take a lot of notes. The trainer provides you with materials and note-taking tools...pens, paper, training book, etc.

- You will be asked to turn off your phones during class.

- During training you will be given two 15min breaks and a one hour lunch.

- Stay professional at all times.

Hope this helps for all of you... GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Andrew09 in South Dakota

14 months ago

Do we have to wear ties. i heard they were not required

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jarred_ShermanTX in Austin, Texas

14 months ago

Andrew09 in South Dakota said: Do we have to wear ties. i heard they were not required

You don't "have" to... but again, you only get one opportunity to make a first impression, and there are a lot of corporate people from AT&T in the building, so I dressed up all the way.

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

14 months ago

Where was your training site?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jarred_Sherman in Lewisville, Texas

14 months ago

ReadyToWork12 in Texas said: Where was your training site?

Atlanta

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

14 months ago

Jarred_Sherman in Lewisville, Texas said: Atlanta

Dang, mine is in San Antonio. Can you describe the training itself. Like how are the classes and such. Also, what position are you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jlauer95

14 months ago

Jarred_Sherman in Lewisville, Texas said: Atlanta

What hotel did they have you stay at? If you don't want to name the exact one, can you tell me:

did they have kitchens? fridges? microwaves?

Were they "suites style"

Did they have free breakfast?

Do they allow small pets (small dog?)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jlauer95

14 months ago

>>>
You will get your first two shirts around the second week, and they will be delivered to your store.
<<<

So, you're saying that while in training in Atlanta you're new shirts get sent to your hometown ATT store where you'll be working?

BTW...do the sizes run true? or run small? or run large? Do they shrink much?

jlauer95

14 months ago

What kind of phone were you given?

Also, what discount do you get on phone service? Do your family members get discounts, too?

Jared_Sherman in Mineola, Texas

14 months ago

Marriott Hotel is where I stayed.

Shirt sizes depend...your trainer will ask you during first week of class what your size is. Shirts will be sent to your store.

Don't get the COU until 2nd or 3rd week of training. It is issued by your trainer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jlauer95

14 months ago

Jared_Sherman in Mineola, Texas said: Marriott Hotel is where I stayed.

Shirt sizes depend...your trainer will ask you during first week of class what your size is. Shirts will be sent to your store.

Don't get the COU until 2nd or 3rd week of training. It is issued by your trainer.

What phone did you get

Jared_Sherman in Wylie, Texas

14 months ago

Nokia Lumia 920. I wouldn't count on getting an S4, Note 2 or an iPhone...those are typically reserved for management. Some of my other classmates received Windows 8 Phone and HTC First.

Jared_Sherman in Wylie, Texas

14 months ago

jlauer95 said: What kind of phone were you given?

Also, what discount do you get on phone service? Do your family members get discounts, too?

After 3 months you can get two personal lines. First is 50% off...second is 25% off I think.

jlauer95

14 months ago

ok, thanks!

got my hotel info today. Nice place!

jlauer95

14 months ago

Jared_Sherman in Wylie, Texas said: After 3 months you can get two personal lines. First is 50% off...second is 25% off I think.

Just so I understand this...

The first phone you get while in training is free (service, data, etc) and is for business use. Does that mean that you can't use it for personal calls/texts?

Then, after 3 months, you can get 2 more lines (personal)? And, if so, is that 50% and 25% discount off the phone price? or the service price? or off both phone price and service price?

thanks!

wern2995 in Norman, Oklahoma

12 months ago

ReadyToWork12 in Texas said: Dang, mine is in San Antonio. Can you describe the training itself. Like how are the classes and such. Also, what position are you?

My training starts in 2 weeks in San Antonio, could you let me in on some of the important stuff? (i.e. Where did you stay, Did you fly home on the weekends, What kind of phone did you get, what are the hours of training, and what all did you get paid for?) Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

y8x in Alabama

12 months ago

jlauer95 said: Just so I understand this...

The first phone you get while in training is free (service, data , etc) and is for business use. Does that mean that you can't use it for personal calls/texts?

Then, after 3 months, you can get 2 more lines (personal)? And, if so, is that 50% and 25% discount off the phone price? or the service price? or off both phone price and service price?

thanks!

You get a COU for business use that is unlimited. However, while most people use it for personal too, I would suggest you don't and get a ERP line which is a employee discounted line which is 50% off the main line (up to 2 lines).

So example ERP would allow you and another person to have 2 standalone lines at 50% off.

Or a family plan (only main line discounted 50%)

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

11 months ago

wern2995 in Norman, Oklahoma said: My training starts in 2 weeks in San Antonio, could you let me in on some of the important stuff? (i.e. Where did you stay, Did you fly home on the weekends, What kind of phone did you get, what are the hours of training, and what all did you get paid for?) Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

In order: A hotel. No, you can't fly home for the weekends, you stay there. A BB Z10, 8:30 a - 5:30 p with 2 breaks and 1 lunch hour. For the hours worked, hours traveled to and from home to training location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mimii in Altamonte Springs, Florida

11 months ago

ReadyToWork12 in Texas said: In order: A hotel. No, you can't fly home for the weekends, you stay there. A BB Z10, 8:30 a - 5:30 p with 2 breaks and 1 lunch hour. For the hours worked, hours traveled to and from home to training location.

Wow had no idea they paid for the hours traveled that really surprised me

11 months ago

ReadyToWork12 in Texas said: In order: A hotel. No, you can't fly home for the weekends, you stay there. A BB Z10, 8:30 a - 5:30 p with 2 breaks and 1 lunch hour. For the hours worked, hours traveled to and from home to training location.

Which Hotel did they put you up in? My hiring manager said I'd be staying on the riverwalk. Did they fly you in Sunday or Monday morning? Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TimAlabama in Madison, Alabama

11 months ago

Ok....I did training as a SSR and have worked for 7 months. But, since that position is being eliminated, I'm now being sent to training AGAIN to become a sales rep. lol

Anyone going for Sales Rep training in the Southeast in August? I wonder if it will be at the same place?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Daniel Hays in Clintwood, Virginia

11 months ago

Hello, I have one question, up until we receive our first two shirts what would you recommend as proper apparel to training? Button ups, ties & nice pants? I would assume no polos? Thanks in advance for any information! I start training in Brentwood, TN on August 5th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Daniel Hays in Clintwood, Virginia said: Hello, I have one question, up until we receive our first two shirts what would you recommend as proper apparel to training? Button ups, ties & nice pants? I would assume no polos? Thanks in advance for any information! I start training in Brentwood, TN on August 5th.

Yes, long sleeve shirts and dress pants. You don't ever wear your ATT shirts at training.

11 months ago

What would be proper attire for a female for training?

11 months ago

Mimii in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: What would be proper attire for a female for training?

Women have it a bit easier for training......nice pants, nice skirt, blouse/top....nothing sexy, revealing, see thru.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

TimAlabama in Madison, Alabama said: Women have it a bit easier for training......nice pants, nice skirt, blouse/top....nothing sexy, revealing, see thru.

Nice thank you!

Abeee in Kirkland, Washington

11 months ago

Is anyone in the Tualatin OR training, The august 18 one? Also I understand if you're flying you don't go back home on weekends. But if you're driving is the hotel paid for on weekends too? or are you expected to drive back home for the weekend? All this info on this thread has been very useful!

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

11 months ago

Abeee in Kirkland, Washington said: Is anyone in the Tualatin OR training, The august 18 one? Also I understand if you're flying you don't go back home on weekends. But if you're driving is the hotel paid for on weekends too? or are you expected to drive back home for the weekend? All this info on this thread has been very useful!

Its up to you if you want to drive home.

11 months ago

Abeee in Kirkland, Washington said: Is anyone in the Tualatin OR training, The august 18 one? Also I understand if you're flying you don't go back home on weekends. But if you're driving is the hotel paid for on weekends too? or are you expected to drive back home for the weekend? All this info on this thread has been very useful!

Make sure you tell them you prefer to stay through that first weekend. Try and answer when the on boarding team calls versus sending it to voicemail. They originally told me I had to drive home on the weekend but I told them I was 2 1/2 hours away and I preferred not to so I get to stay the first two weeks straight. So much more convenient then going home after the first week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kelsiek in Tulsa, Oklahoma

11 months ago

wern2995 in Norman, Oklahoma said: My training starts in 2 weeks in San Antonio, could you let me in on some of the important stuff? (i.e. Where did you stay, Did you fly home on the weekends, What kind of phone did you get, what are the hours of training, and what all did you get paid for?) Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

I start my training in San Antonio as well! First day of training is 8/12. When is yours exactly?

wern2995 in Kansas City, Missouri

11 months ago

kelsiek in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I start my training in San Antonio as well! First day of training is 8/12. When is yours exactly?

Mine is also the 12th

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

11 months ago

wern2995 in Norman, Oklahoma said: Which Hotel did they put you up in? My hiring manager said I'd be staying on the riverwalk. Did they fly you in Sunday or Monday morning? Thanks again.

We were a hotel in the medical district off if I-10 towards Six Flags.

11 months ago

wern2995 in Kansas City, Missouri said: Mine is also the 12th

Awesome! Great to finally meet someone whose attending the same class. Considering our first day of training is on Monday(8:30a),I believe we will fly out Sunday morning and arrive late that afternoon. Expecting to get more details by Wednesday, so I will keep you posted.

11 months ago

kelsiek in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Awesome! Great to finally meet someone whose attending the same class. Considering our first day of training is on Monday(8:30a),I believe we will fly out Sunday morning and arrive late that afternoon. Expecting to get more details by Wednesday, so I will keep you posted.

It's nice to meet you too! Have you heard anything about where we'll be staying? The hiring manager told me it would be on the riverwalk, but idk.

11 months ago

I have no idea. Hopefully somewhere close to the training site! I am two years shy from being "of age" to rent a car and have never used a shuttle for transportation before, lol! Little nervous about that.. :)(

I will keep you updated, however!

If its easier, you are welcome to email me to better communicate.

11 months ago

kelsiek in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I have no idea. Hopefully somewhere close to the training site! I am two years shy from being "of age" to rent a car and have never used a shuttle for transportation before, lol! Little nervous about that.. :)(

I will keep you updated, however!

If its easier, you are welcome to email me to better communicate.

I just got off the phone with the travel people. Mostly just said we'd fly out 8/11 and fly back 8/23. Gave info about the debit card and discussed a possible rental car for the 5 of us that are flying in.

11 months ago

Excellent! That puts my stomach at ease now. Lol

Thank you for sharing.

11 months ago

Did you get your call yesterday? You can email me if you'd like wern2995@gmail.com

k1llerbe4ts in Cape Coral, Florida

11 months ago

Im training on the 12th in Orlando, anyone else?

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

11 months ago

They do not rent cars for training. It will strictly shuttle.

Perfection86 in Mcdonough, Georgia

11 months ago

I have training on sept 13 in Ga anyone else?

ATT RSC Zachary Bell in Greenville, Alabama

11 months ago

How does the scheduling system work in the store every week. Do you request 1 day off to make 40 or what?

Beth in Athens, Alabama

11 months ago

TimAlabama in Madison, Alabama said: Ok....I did training as a SSR and have worked for 7 months. But, since that position is being eliminated, I'm now being sent to training AGAIN to become a sales rep. lol

Anyone going for Sales Rep training in the Southeast in August? I wonder if it will be at the same place?

So, Tim, I work in Florence, AL as a SSR and have not heard the final word yet. I don't know if they are going to eliminate my position or not. When did your manager tell you? I don't want to be in sales...probably will have to look for another job.

C in Portland, Maine

11 months ago

I have a question regarding what to bring with you. I was reading over the paperwork for Day 1 and it says to keep a certain link to a website ready, and to have a photo 100k or less ready for your ID badge. But the wording also looks like they will take your photo there at training. I was ready to bring my phone, laptop and tablet with me!

TwNYC in Harlem, New York

11 months ago

C in Portland, Maine said: I have a question regarding what to bring with you. I was reading over the paperwork for Day 1 and it says to keep a certain link to a website ready, and to have a photo 100k or less ready for your ID badge. But the wording also looks like they will take your photo there at training. I was ready to bring my phone, laptop and tablet with me!

Good question. I am curious myself.

LovingLifeInTexas in Woodway, Texas

11 months ago

Hello everyone,

Is anyone starting training August 19th in Houston? So happy & excited to be apart of the AT&T team!! :)

DG in Washington, Michigan

11 months ago

LovingLifeInTexas in Woodway, Texas said: Hello everyone,

Is anyone starting training August 19th in Houston? So happy & excited to be apart of the AT&T team!! :)

I start on August 19th, but I do not know where. I have heard Texas or Chicago, but I'll keep you posted if I find out i'm in Houston. I'm from Detroit and I still haven't heard where I am training.

LovingLifeInTexas in Woodway, Texas

11 months ago

DG in Washington, Michigan said: I start on August 19th, but I do not know where. I have heard Texas or Chicago, but I'll keep you posted if I find out i'm in Houston. I'm from Detroit and I still haven't heard where I am training.

Congrats!! Yea, last I heard I was going to be in Houston. My recruiter did tell me it could change though.. I'm expecting to get a call from on boarding on Thursday with all the details. I'll also let you know if anything changes! :)

11 months ago

LovingLifeInTexas in Woodway, Texas said: Congrats!! Yea, last I heard I was going to be in Houston. My recruiter did tell me it could change though.. I'm expecting to get a call from on boarding on Thursday with all the details. I'll also let you know if anything changes! :)

When were you told that you were going to Houston? My acceptance letter just tells me who Im working for and where but I haven't been told where I am training yet.

11 months ago

LovingLifeInTexas in Woodway, Texas said: Congrats!! Yea, last I heard I was going to be in Houston. My recruiter did tell me it could change though.. I'm expecting to get a call from on boarding on Thursday with all the details. I'll also let you know if anything changes! :)

When were you told that you were going to Houston? My acceptance letter just tells me who Im working for and where but I haven't been told where I am training yet.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.