AT&T .. Hiring Process and Salary for AT&T Collections Representative

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

jturner in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

24 months ago

I worked at AT&T back in 2007. I left due to it being a sales position and it being very stressful. I am currently working, but applied for a Collections Representative and received a email for testing. When I got there I was told I only had to take one of the test. I guess they had my other test info from working there previously. I was told I passed and someone from AT&T would get back to me. My question is what is next in the process. I don't remember the hiring process before, I don't even remember ever having a formal interview, not a in person one anyway. Also it says the pay range for the Collections Representative position is from $588.50 a week up to $982.50 a week. Most of my working experience has been in collections, and me working for AT&T before I wonder what my salary would be. I heard on the average its a little over 18.00 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Keypoint in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

I find it a bit strange that you would leave a sales position due to it being very "stressful" yet you find Collections to be your calling. I've done both for number of years and collections can be far more stressful then sales imo.

Have no idea what they pay for collections, let alone they used in house collections for delinquent accounts. I do know that if you applied online, the next step as it will be for almost 99% of jobs out there will be at least 1 f2f interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Simplybrittanyelaine in Hermitage, Tennessee

15 months ago

jturner in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: I worked at AT&T back in 2007. I left due to it being a sales position and it being very stressful. I am currently working, but applied for a Collections Representative and received a email for testing. When I got there I was told I only had to take one of the test. I guess they had my other test info from working there previously. I was told I passed and someone from AT&T would get back to me. My question is what is next in the process. I don't remember the hiring process before, I don't even remember ever having a formal interview, not a in person one anyway. Also it says the pay range for the Collections Representative position is from $588.50 a week up to $982.50 a week. Most of my working experience has been in collections, and me working for AT&T before I wonder what my salary would be. I heard on the average its a little over 18.00 an hour.

Did you ever hear back from the collections job? I am in Nashville, and I am going through the same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WTF really? in Grand Junction, Colorado

15 months ago

Here in my part of colorado Collections for ATT is through a 3rd party call center called Startek they pay a much lower scale basically 10 per hour to start and 25c raise every 6 months up to 4 years then capped. From what I can tell our cost of living is = if not more then the jonesborough area call center are you referring to perhaps a at home position? the site here considers it self in competition with that site. No wonder stats wise that call center would be at the top, higher wages = higher retention & more motivation by agents as well.

blondecash in nashville, Tennessee

15 months ago

Simplybrittanyelaine in Hermitage, Tennessee said: Did you ever hear back from the collections job? I am in Nashville, and I am going through the same thing.

I work in collections in Nashville currently and would say that the pay is around $18 an hour to start with pay going up in the next 6 months. It is a great place to work!

15 months ago

blondecash in nashville, Tennessee said: I work in collections in Nashville currently and would say that the pay is around $18 an hour to start with pay going up in the next 6 months. It is a great place to work!

How long did your hiring process last?... because I was told I got the job and would hear something back in two weeks...but now it is going on a month.

15 months ago

Any information would be helpful...

15 months ago

Simplybrittanyelaine in Hermitage, Tennessee said: Any information would be helpful...

Well, I was already an employee at AT&T and moved from another department. However, it took at least a month. You might want to send a quick, short email to the HR Person who offered the job thanking them for their time and expressing your interest in the position and you were wanted to check on the start time. That should generate a response. With AT&T, movement is slow at times, so be patient, but persistent.

15 months ago

blondecash in nashville, Tennessee said: Well, I was already an employee at AT&T and moved from another department. However, it took at least a month. You might want to send a quick, short email to the HR Person who offered the job thanking them for their time and expressing your interest in the position and you were wanted to check on the start time. That should generate a response. With AT&T, movement is slow at times, so be patient, but persistent.

She never gave me their information. The woman administrating the test is the one who told me that I passed both test with flying colors and would be hearing back within two weeks. My status on at&t website just says congratulations. I guess I just have to be patient...I just really want this job. Well I thank you so much for being so helpful. You are the first person that can give me so inside!! :)

14 months ago

Simplybrittanyelaine in Hermitage, Tennessee said: She never gave me their information. The woman administrating the test is the one who told me that I passed both test with flying colors and would be hearing back within two weeks. My status on at&t website just says congratulations. I guess I just have to be patient...I just really want this job. Well I thank you so much for being so helpful. You are the first person that can give me so inside!! :)

Glad to hear it! It does take them a while to get the ball rolling, but it is a great company to work for.

14 months ago

blondecash in nashville, Tennessee said: Glad to hear it! It does take them a while to get the ball rolling, but it is a great company to work for.

I guess I was lied too, because after contacting the Human Resource assistant she said she believed that the position has been filled. Even though the job status online says open. I guess I will stop waiting for this job and just go else where. Once again thanks for all your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.