AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Training Day by Day

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Yourlifelineontheinside in Houston, Texas

22 months ago

So today was day 1 of the 4 week training for the full time retail sales consultant position. Went by rather smooth other than a couple computer issues. Today is the day we set up our att id's and passwords. Went over all the big introduction into the company and got a lot of our big questions answered. It was a very long day and you better be ready to sit around for a good 7 1/2 hours. A big tip!!! Make friends with your classmates! The instructor loves to see everyone mingle and able to work in teams!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TY504 in chestertown, Maryland

22 months ago

How many people are in your class?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yourlifelineontheinside in Houston, Texas

22 months ago

TY504 in chestertown, Maryland said: How many people are in your class?!

13!
Day 2
So today we had a lot of online training. Went over the AT&T promises and information about the company. Went through a lot of information and some product info as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yourlifelineontheinside in Cypress, Texas

22 months ago

So I've missed a few days so I'll catch up now!
Day 3!
We had a lot of training on greetings and started with actual sales training! A lot of online courses as well!
Day 4!
We had a lot of product training this day. We got a chance to mess with the different operating systems, like ios, android, windows, and blackberry. Messed with phones and tablets. This is great because a lot of people think that employees don't know anything about the products, but this proved otherwise
Day 5! We got a chance to work the iphone launch in the morning. This usually doesn't happen, but our group did. We came back to training in the afternoon and had an assessment later on. We also went through the 6 steps in the sales process. It's tough but there's a lot of info to deal with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bdubs

22 months ago

Yesss I can't wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yourlifelineontheinside in Cypress, Texas

22 months ago

I've been behind I know!
I'll summarize this week in a sentence
A LOT OF ROLE PLAYING! well that and online learnings and product practice. We just received our COU devices to day as well and We were pretty much excited the whole day for them
Next week is in store training!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bdubs in Texas

22 months ago

thanks for all the info! Keep it coming. Could you be more detailed with everything? I like to visualize what's going on. Like what its like when you sit down and the instructor in the equipment and the method of learning and such. How many days in did you get your phone? And I guess you get a business card along with it in a business phone number?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TY504 in chestertown, Maryland

22 months ago

question: did you get hotel accommodations? if so what hotel did you stay at, and there is transportation to and from correct? im ready to get my training started, oct 13 in irving texas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

serenesoul in Miami, Florida

22 months ago

Yes please give more info also on your first paycheck also. I hopefully begin training on Oct 28 in Jacksonville, Fl. At&t covers all expenses let us also know what we should take on our two week trip.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CBSILVER1103 in Leesburg, Florida

21 months ago

I am starting in jax Oct 28th as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moejoe

20 months ago

Yourlifelineontheinside in Cypress, Texas said: So I've missed a few days so I'll catch up now!
Day 3!
We had a lot of training on greetings and started with actual sales training! A lot of online courses as well!
Day 4!
We had a lot of product training this day. We got a chance to mess with the different operating systems, like ios, android, windows, and blackberry. Messed with phones and tablets. This is great because a lot of people think that employees don't know anything about the products, but this proved otherwise
Day 5! We got a chance to work the iphone launch in the morning. This usually doesn't happen, but our group did. We came back to training in the afternoon and had an assessment later on. We also went through the 6 steps in the sales process. It's tough but there's a lot of info to deal with.

What was on the assesment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

moejoe

20 months ago

Can anyone tell us what on the last day assessment

mel504 in Abita Springs, Louisiana

19 months ago

Yourlifelineontheinside in Cypress, Texas said: So I've missed a few days so I'll catch up now!
Day 3!
Day 4!

Did you have to take any test during training that you must pass if not do they fire you

Patricia in Jupiter, Florida

14 months ago

Interviewing for PT Sales Consultant this week. Do they always send you out of town/state for training? If they do send you away do you share a hotel room another employee in training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Beacon, New York

14 months ago

Patricia in Jupiter, Florida said: Interviewing for PT Sales Consultant this week. Do they always send you out of town/state for training? If they do send you away do you share a hotel room another employee in training?

no , you get your own room

Selia in Stockton, California

13 months ago

I'm curious how it went for the person who started this thread. He stopped after a few postings. It'll be nice to hear more.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.