Age discrimination at AT&T

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

hickpop in Newton, New Jersey

12 months ago

Has anyone else had experience with AT&T age discrimination? They were ordered by the EEOC to stop doing it, according to this. Anyone who has taken a retirement package (VRIP, CIC, etc) is blacklisted.

www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/10-26-11.cfm

But I am sure they are still doing it. I have 3 former colleagues from a different telecom company with less experience and no college who were hired for the same contract jobs I applied to. Also, I have applied to another contract job very similar to the one I did for 10 years before I retired to 8 times for multiple positions over the past 4 months and I wasn't hired. On their permanent site, they are still asking if you are AT&T retired.

I don't want to file an EEOC complaint because I don't want to give up the names of my 3 friends because they are still working there. They would probably settle by offering me the same job, and my friends are all unhappy there.

Anyone else feel discrimination is still happening at AT&T?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

the kid in Saco, Maine

11 months ago

hickpop in Newton, New Jersey said: Has anyone else had experience with AT&T age discrimination? They were ordered by the EEOC to stop doing it, according to this. Anyone who has taken a retirement package (VRIP, CIC, etc) is blacklisted.

www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/10-26-11.cfm

But I am sure they are still doing it. I have 3 former colleagues from a different telecom company with less experience and no college who were hired for the same contract jobs I applied to. Also, I have applied to another contract job very similar to the one I did for 10 years before I retired to 8 times for multiple positions over the past 4 months and I wasn't hired. On their permanent site, they are still asking if you are AT&T retired.

I don't want to file an EEOC complaint because I don't want to give up the names of my 3 friends because they are still working there. They would probably settle by offering me the same job, and my friends are all unhappy there.

Anyone else feel discrimination is still happening at AT&T?

yes i am there worked for this company for five years left due to heart surgery tried to come back appied 30 times only got one interview after E.O.E.C charge please email and we will talk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rorybromo in Greensboro, North Carolina

3 months ago

I have received a right to sue letter from EEOC. This would indicate that they will try to get away with discrimination if possible. Keep fighting them! Hopefully more persons will not tolerate this type of behavior.

farnorthgirl in Bellingham, Washington

3 months ago

You may want to consider working for ATT from home with a virtual services corporation like Convergys or Arise. Arise pays comparable rates to working in the Call Center. Otherwise it is the exact same job, but you work as an independent contractor, so everything is a tax write off but no health benefits. Good luck.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.