Guys, What are you allowed to wear as RSC for AT&T after training?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

deoxide2012 in Hacienda Heights, California

21 months ago

My HR manager told me that for men the following is dress code ( I'm assuming for training and not the actual store, correct me if I'm wrong):

Men Pants: Black, Grey, Charcoal and Kahki/Tan dress pants. Dark Socks. Blk/Brown Belt and Shoes.

The shirt is what I don't get. She said anything solid in color ( again I assume its collared button down dress shirt) EXCEPT Black.

Yet, in all the AT&T training videos, you see most RSCs wearing black dress shirts. Is this because they don't allow black shirts for whatever reason during training ( maybe the trainer is only allowed black shirts during training) and when you get to the store, it will be allowed? I also see lot of guys wearing polos, some wearing ties with their shirts and most just plain black AT&T logo branded dress shirts. Can anyone who has gone thru training and/or knows more about the dress code enlighten us.

I need to go buy some clothes but not sure what to do about shirts because I was also told we would be given an allowance to buy AT&T branded shirts. Not sure if this still holds true... If true then I'll just wear what I have for 1 month training and buy all AT&T shirts from corporate but if not, I'd like to find out what we are allowed to wear.

Also, anyone from CA, more specifically the southern ca area in a fairly busy store, what is the avg amt of time that you work weekly. I was told that 45-50 is normal soon as you get out of training. That the overtime is optional but I take it since it's retail, it's really not an option unless you want to wind up on the bad side of your manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

21 months ago

These questions should be forwarded to your instructor as it will depend on them heavily.

21 months ago

I don't know who the trainer is yet or I would have. I'm not so much worried about the training phase dress code as it is only 1 month and I have more then enough clothes. Im just kind of stuck not knowing if the no black dress shirt is just for training sake. I don't want to go out and buy black shirts or any color for that matter for after training if i.e. the policy is ONLY at&t branded shirts. That is the more specific answer I'm seeking I guess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

I totally get the blk or brwn shoes and belt and pant colors for men. Just not clear on what the shirt policy is when you start working on the floor. I kno that every store could vary slightly according to the store manager but there's gotta be a generally acceptable code for all retail stores for a huge company like at&T.

marcmoral16 in New York, New York

20 months ago

deoxide2012 in Hacienda Heights, California said: I totally get the blk or brwn shoes and belt and pant colors for men. Just not clear on what the shirt policy is when you start working on the floor. I kno that every store could vary slightly according to the store manager but there's gotta be a generally acceptable code for all retail stores for a huge company like at&T.

What you wear is determined by your market. Ask your store manager and they will tell you. Solid shirts meaning any color with no strips AS LONG as you have an ATT VEST or CARDIGAN ON. Please ask your manager or walk into the store and ask a rep

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.