HireRight Questions - RSC position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

bdubs

15 months ago

First off, this forum has been extremely helpful - thank you to all! I received an email from someone saying they will call me soon, that my "salary needs to be approved and then the call depends on when this is signed off by 2 people" so hopefully that means we are very close to an offer! The manager was very pleased and impressed with me at the interview and we got along great.

I am very concerned with this background check. I want to do a check of my own first, any idea where they get their traffic and crime information? What must you report and what do they look up? I don't want to mess up my chances. I need this job and have come so far. Please bare with me, I have a story. I know I have had tickets in the past, so I went to the tag agency 6 months ago when I applied the first time and didn't know crap about taking assessment tests. I requested a copy of my driving record so I could have the correct info. Surprisingly, the $15 report or however much it cost, showed absolutely nothing. No tickets, not my license being suspended for six months in 2011 for not being able to pay my ticket for awhile, nothing. So one would think I just report nothing with HireRight, right? On my application, I put down no convictions and no traffic tickets. However, I was given a reckless driving ticket last month because a lady says I cut her off. In the trial, they took it down to careless driving but I have to go back to court in December. I think Careless Driving is a crime. At the trial, I told the judge I had a clean driving record, based on the tag agency print out. The prosecutor called me a liar and pointed out a buncha tickets I've had, including ones I don't even remember. So. Is HireRight going to see the blank sheet? Or what the prosecutor saw? I guess the prosecutor has better access or something. Maybe I should go to the DMV to print it out. But I don't want to ruin things if I don't have to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bdubs

15 months ago

(continued)
When I do a criminal search for myself on oscn.net, I don't see any crimes listed such as Reckless Driving or Careless Driving, but I do see 2 dockets for traffic violations. One is a headlight out that was dismissed in January, and the other is from 2011 when my license was suspended for not paying that ticket for a few months when I was broke. But I figure I could just not put those on there, and if they ask, explain that they weren't actual speeding tickets. Or maybe I could bring up that the tag agency printed me out a blank sheet of paper.

What do I do gang? I'm not a horrible person! :( I'm an excellent candidate I'm just a bad driver I guess. Even though my driving has never hurt anyone. It's just those silly moving "violations." I don't want to look dishonest but I definitely don't want to screw myself over when I don't need to. Thank you SO much for any advice. Please feel free to post your other HireRight discussion questions as well or go over the process with us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.