Human Resources Contact Info

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (33)

Caligurl in Long Beach, California

29 months ago

II applied for the telesales position (Passed) and had an interview in early March. I don’t l know the results but I am confident that I did very well. The hiring Manager who interviewed me advises that I would hear a Yay or Nay by Tuesday or Wednesday the following week. I have not heard anything. I checked my status online and it said that they are not considering me at this time however it is dated in late February. The hiring manager provided me with his email address and phone number but he is not responding. I receive an email this past Friday to update Criminal History Information then 15mins later I received email that they are not considering me at this time. We will contact you directly if you are matched to the position in the future with different job ID # than I applied for. I am hoping that this was a error. Training starts April 16, 2012 in Cerritos. I am so confused. Does anyone have the number to someone in H.R that I can speak to and follow up with? Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

29 months ago

When a hiring manager is interested in a candidate, HR would waste no time in contacting the chosen one either by phone or email. They always initiate pursuing the chosen candidate -- they don't wait for their interest to contact them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

April in New Orleans, Louisiana

28 months ago

Not true at all. I went through the process and passed the test as well as had a interview they called me and tole me that tranning was full and when the position comes they would give me a call. Still not call. They are unorganized with alot of things in human resources.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

They don't call you because either the position's not available or they are just not interested in you, simple.
If the hiring manager wants you, HR will contact you, unless the HR person wants to get fired for inaction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

careyjclark in Cypress, California

23 months ago

I attended the interviews in San Ramon Ca. and received an email that I passed the interview process and that I would be placed in the pool for applicants. I then received an email from the Santa Clara office asking if I was still interested in the position in which I replied immediately confirming my interest. That was over a month ago and I still have not received an email or phone call from the manager of that office or email. Also wanted a number of someone in HR to contact because I viewed my status in the AT&T careers website and it states "waiting on HR verification". Is that a good sign or just an indication that I have been passed up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

You may still be under consideration;

or

You are out as they decided to go with someone else and; as we read here so often, HR cut off all communication once the finalist is chosen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Thank you for your prompt response. I understand that as stated and must I guess add more information. The job posting is still showing positions available, so I hope that I am still in the consideration process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Why not email your contact there and ask if the position's been filled?

It's not that uncommon when a job's filled but the ad is still up .... I'd seen it happened in my previous workplace... HR needs to take it down in a timely manner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Good point. I think all of us forget from time to time that there are other options rather than talking to one specific person of a corporate HR department.
By the way, received an email today that the Santa Clara Premises Technician position has not been filled and AT&T re-posted the open position this morning on their careers website!
Personally, I feel with the state of the country a little personal attention by an actual person is needed more and more these days. This practice of no longer notifying applicants via email that they were appreciated but were runner-up to a position is ridiculous!
I just received an email from a San Diego company (large) that I had applied for stating just that along with a thank you for applying. All companies have the ability to be that personable with their applicants. I think that it is the least they could do!

23 months ago

Hope you're still applying for other jobs. You may still have a shot at this job or you may not... sometimes the hiring managers want to keep on interviewing folks because they're not 100% sure about the ones they interviewed before ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Yes of course. It can be frustrating because I have 11 years experience, 6 with (formerly) Pacific Bell and 5 years with Qwest Communications. It can all seem like the run-around as I have just received an email from the hiring coordinator out of the Santa Clara office advising me to re-apply to Premises Technician position re-posted yesterday in careers website to show continued interest. All of which I am doing as advised.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

asuchomma in Toledo, Ohio

22 months ago

I understand everyone's frustration on here, I to have been going through the same process. I have a friend who is a manger at att and tells me HR is messed up.. if you need a list of info for all HR depatartments and people, I recommend using Jigsaw.com, it get passed the gatekeepers and all. and best part I have found its free. it help when using for your job search. I have used it for the elephant bar, they had problems with filling out online aps for management...

daeklove in Pleasant Hill, California

11 months ago

On friday afternoon i was contacted by an hr analyst from AT&T. She (did not get her name) called from an unknown number and said she had some questions for me. I said okay and she asked the first question.

Would i be available to travel outside of california to be trained?

I stated that as long as all expenses were paid, yes i would be able to travel.

She stated okay and went to the next question:

Would i be able to stand for long periods of time?

I stated that i had a physical disability and would be using a wheelchair in the workplace.

she then said she needed to document my record and then asked the second question again. Again i gave the same answer i gave the first time.

She then put an abrupt end to the conversation.

I am fully qualified to do the job and other authorized retailers for at&t, sprint, verizon and tmobile have sstated that they see no reason i could not perform the duties of the job from a wheelchair.

does this sound like a form of discrimination?

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

11 months ago

No it does not. In this case, the job posting requires a candidate to stand for long periods of time

11 months ago

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi said: No it does not. In this case, the job posting requires a candidate to stand for long periods of time

I don't believe you understand the provisions set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act for the employment of disabled individuals. Employers are required to make accommodations as long as they are reasonable and i am otherwise qualified to perform the duties of the position.

11 months ago

Furthermore, Best Buy says the same thing and they made the accommodation in two stores.

Bluetea in Texas

11 months ago

daeklove in Pleasant Hill, California said: On friday afternoon i was contacted by an hr analyst from AT&T. She (did not get her name) called from an unknown number and said she had some questions for me. I said okay and she asked the first question.

Would i be available to travel outside of california to be trained?

I stated that as long as all expenses were paid, yes i would be able to travel.

She stated okay and went to the next question:

Would i be able to stand for long periods of time?

I stated that i had a physical disability and would be using a wheelchair in the workplace.

she then said she needed to document my record and then asked the second question again. Again i gave the same answer i gave the first time.

She then put an abrupt end to the conversation.

I am fully qualified to do the job and other authorized retailers for at&t, sprint, verizon and tmobile have sstated that they see no reason i could not perform the duties of the job from a wheelchair.

does this sound like a form of discrimination?

No. But if you believe otherwise, hire an attorney.

Many jobs are of a physical nature and companies do not have to hire a person with physical limitations, if they feel that this would put an undue hardship on their business practices. They are protected by that reasonableness clause.

One way that many companies dodge the bullet is by saying "Must be able to lift 25 pounds" or "Stand for long periods of time" as part of their hiring criteria.

Where I work, they do this because you might have to go outside for a few hours and in the Texas heat, this is not easy.

jesus

11 months ago

Hi
its my the third business day that my background check was complete and nobody from hr hasn't call to tell me my start hiring day I send 2 email to verified if everything is alright but no answer I started to loosing fate but I am upset because human resources dont response my emails they keep you waiting and waiting that's incompetent and all level

very disappointed

Jesus in Fort Mill, South Carolina

10 months ago

They got to fire the staffing manager from the Orlando Florida they are rude and incompetent they need to put person with heart and understanding to his applicants it's been a week now that my background check was complete and they aren't even call me to tell me its I was hire or no or its everything its alright with the background truly disappointed with this company for having employees like this in their company

10 months ago

Excuse me????? Let me tell you something miss sucking up to at&t I take my assessment in English and I take a 2 interview in English and in spanish and I pass all the test so you better STOP SUCKING UP to that company I said what I said and I writing in a forum not in application so if you don't understand that's you're problem because I know a lot of people understand and no I applied to a call center for your information if you work in Orlando Florida you have to be fire so please first ask and write something positive and realistic in the forum and don't SUCK UP to that company miss I don't care what you're name is

10 months ago

careyjclark in Buena Park, California said: Hi everyone. I want to start out by saying that after reading all these gripes and groans, it is apparent that being on the outside is akin to being blind.
All HR departments have their problems and I know that AT&T is no exception. The one thing that must be understood is that AT&T is hiring to fill positions for next year not for immediate fulfillment, also, once the ball is rolling there will be about 6 months of training and confusion before being let loose in the field to perform the Premises Technician job, so be patient.
Jesus say's "They got to fire the staffing manager from the Orlando Florida they are rude and incompetent they need to put person with heart and understanding to his applicants it's been a week now that my background check was complete and they aren't even call me to tell me its I was hire or no or its everything its alright with the background truly disappointed with this company for having employees like this in their company." All I can say is this Jesus, pray you are not applying for a sales position because if your written English is this poor, I would hate to hear how you speak. PROOFREAD PROOFREAD PROOFREAD!!! If you are this lazy on your applications, you should know why you are not getting called back.

Excuse me????? Let me tell you something miss sucking up to at&t I take my assessment in English and I take a 2 interview in English and in spanish and I pass all the test so you better STOP SUCKING UP to that company I said what I said and I writing in a forum not in application so if you don't understand that's you're problem because I know a lot of people understand and no I applied to a call center for your information if you work in Orlando Florida you have to be fire so please first ask and write something positive and realistic in the forum and don't SUCK UP to that company miss I don't care what you're name is

careyjclark in Buena Park, California

10 months ago

First of all, I am a guy and I have been working for AT&T for a very long time. Your English SUCKS and you do not punctuate! I can pass assessmentssss all day long in Spanish but I do not know how to speak Spanish! So if you think that passing a test is what gets you hired, then you have a long poor/broke road ahead of you! If you think this type of behavior will suit you well, then keep it up but fair warning that AT&T executives visit this site and forum frequently. I wouldn't put it past them to remove your name from candidacy. And just so we are clear, I am an employee of this company and I was giving positive feedback, you obviously do not care and will continue to perform in such a manner that will keep you from getting hired!

10 months ago

careyjclark in Buena Park, California said: First of all, I am a guy and I have been working for AT&T for a very long time. Your English SUCKS and you do not punctuate! I can pass assessmentssss all day long in Spanish but I do not know how to speak Spanish! So if you think that passing a test is what gets you hired, then you have a long poor/broke road ahead of you! If you think this type of behavior will suit you well, then keep it up but fair warning that AT&T executives visit this site and forum frequently. I wouldn't put it past them to remove your name from candidacy. And just so we are clear, I am an employee of this company and I was giving positive feedback, you obviously do not care and will continue to perform in such a manner that will keep you from getting hired!

Look at&t suck up you don't know me and you don't know how I speak my English I am very professional 10 years of experience in this business I don't care if you company hire me I know a lot of people that work in that company so I know a lot of your company that you and is my English suck well teach me how to write and speak like I said this is a public forum my friends I write like a want so if you don't like well tell you executive from at&t that teach me please take you positive feedback to another forum because if you know how to read everybody in this forum they expressing their though about your fabulous company and the comments that I be reading aren't so good so please go do your work or whatever you do and stop the criticism of oh you english suck you are not good for our company because if to work in your company its been a suck up like you well I state in my little company that you dont have to suck up and the process to hire its so stupid and ridiculous so MR PERFECT I wish you luck in you company

Dan123 in Miami, Florida

10 months ago

Careyjclark:
I am looking for advice.
-Would you answer me the following questions?
How long does the hiring process take for a retail sales consultant? I already had the interviews.
-What's the monthly average pay for a part-timer. Please help?

10 months ago

Dan123 in Florida,
Considering the high demand for jobs and the small amount of positions available, not to mention just Florida, or Minnesota, Michigan, etc... It is truly hard to say how long it could take. I will tell you this, if you have had nothing but great responses then it is safe to say you are more so in the running than not. The process in which it takes to get through all the paperwork of interviewees can be time consuming. If I had to guess, I would say three to four months give or take a little.
Unfortunately, I do not have the pay scale for Retail Sales Consultants so I could not answer that question for you. Be a little more patient.

10 months ago

Look professor x I am real american mr veteran I work more harder that you are I know a lot of this business like I said my poor country its a very nice place that people like go have a very nice time so mr SUCKING UP I don't care about you comment you are nobody to teach me anything I know have to read and write very well my English if dont like it well I don't care like I said Mr veteran I know very powerful people in your company and never asked for help because if I wanted help from the people I know you are be working for me my friend but I so decent the I wanted to do it about my self and if you're company hire me you are the first one that I email to tell you so veteran of war keep working and keep your great feedback to somebody who cares because so my friend keep it that people like you in my poor country we can teach you how real man work hard for their goals

Dan123 in Colorado

10 months ago

careyjclark in Buena Park, California said: Dan123 in Florida,
Considering the high demand for jobs and the small amount of positions available, not to mention just Florida, or Minnesota, Michigan, etc... It is truly hard to say how long it could take. I will tell you this, if you have had nothing but great responses then it is safe to say you are more so in the running than not. The process in which it takes to get through all the paperwork of interviewees can be time consuming. If I had to guess, I would say three to four months give or take a little.
Unfortunately, I do not have the pay scale for Retail Sales Consultants so I could not answer that question for you. Be a little more patient.

3-4Months!? or weeks?
As I said I already went through the interview process, I feel I did well.

10 months ago

careyjclark in Buena Park, California said: Personally, I do not think you would know positive criticism if it bit you but ok. You want to be taught something, pay attention. Your sentence -- Look at&t suck up you don't know me and you don't know how I speak my English I am very professional 10 years of experience in this business I don't care if you company hire South Carolina21 minutes agoLook professor x I am real american mr veteran I work more harder that you are I know a lot of this business like I said my poor country its a very nice place that people like go have a very nice time so mr SUCKING UP I don't care about you comment you are nobody to teach me anything I know have to read and write very well my English if dont like it well I don't care like I said Mr veteran I know very powerful people in your company and never asked for help because if I wanted help from the people I know you are be working for me my friend but I so decent the I wanted to do it about my self and if you're company hire me you are the first one that I email to tell you so veteran of war keep working and keep your great feedback to somebody who cares because so my friend keep it that people like you in my poor country we can teach you how real man work hard for their goals

bdubs

10 months ago

Really? We're picking on people with bad English? Let's just let people vent and stick to helping each other when we can. This isn't a competition. Leave that to 4chan and facebook.

Moving along. Expect the hiring process from here on out to take a month. Keep in mind that it could take longer (or shorter) and don't be afraid to call or email and ask questions. These people are busy and sometimes they need a reminder.

10 months ago

bdubs said: Really? We're picking on people with bad English? Let's just let people vent and stick to helping each other when we can. This isn't a competition. Leave that to 4chan and facebook.

Moving along. Expect the hiring process from here on out to take a month. Keep in mind that it could take longer (or shorter) and don't be afraid to call or email and ask questions. These people are busy and sometimes they need a reminder.

You are right this is a forum to help each other no to criticized other people like that guy wad doing I call I did get no answers but leave a message I have a job right now so if they call it's going to be good news for me but thanks for the reply

myearajones in Los Alamitos, California

10 months ago

I noticed above that you said you are currently working for AT&T?? I have applied for a few different positions one in LA and one in Cerritos. Honestly all I am trying to do is get in contact with the hiring managers just to slip them my resume and introduce myself. If there is anyway you can help with this process that would be great! I am a former employee, I use to work for AT&T back in 2009 and I am trying to get back into it. So if ANYONE can help that would be great! Below are the job numbers etc. Its currently saying that I am under review, I just want to help it along :-)
Indirect Sales Executive, Los Angeles Market, Aio Wireless;;Manager,Sales Program Execution, Digital Life California-Los Angeles;

10 months ago

I wish that I could offer you a number but this is one of those companies that does not have one person that handles all of the hiring. Our HR department is out of Dallas Tx and really just gives the ok to hire. I will say this, do not get discouraged because under review is just that and not that you have been over-looked in any way. Prior-employment has a lot of clout as well and if you just stay the course you will be rewarded. Things are very slow here and in no way shape or form will any paper or introduction hurry up the process. Sorry. Maybe someone else here does have a number.

myearajones in Los Alamitos, California

10 months ago

Thank you for your help. I am honestly just trying to email someone. I know that usually or use to be if you are a current employee and you are on the intranet you can look at the positions and see who posted them and who the hiring manager is. I appreciate you reaching out to me I really do..

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.