If you want to be an RSC...you're gonna have to take a seat...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

9 months ago

So, if you are applying to be an RSC and you NEVER worked for AT&T or any of its subsidiaries, you will not be hired. AT&T just announced that they are removing the SSR/OSR (Finance Reps) from the company, so there are 2,000 AT&T employees who will be applying for those jobs. Per union rules, AT&T must take an AT&T employee over someone who is off the street. Granted, if you already have a job offer, then you're fine. But to the others, there is no chance for a while.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas

9 months ago

What is going on RTW12? I am all ready finished and I am on the "dreaded" customer service side. AT&T has a reputation for their surplus practices. They do it to the prem techs all of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

9 months ago

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas said: What is going on RTW12? I am all ready finished and I am on the "dreaded" customer service side. AT&T has a reputation for their surplus practices. They do it to the prem techs all of time.

If you're heading to the customer call center, then you're fine. But if you're heading to the store and no job offer has been given then you will have issues. This will be going on well into 2014.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

9 months ago

They are not removing the position. The company is cutting back on the amount of SSRs in store removing 2000 SSR/Office and transitioning customer coordinating duties to RSCs and back office to SSR. Starts July 1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

9 months ago

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi said: They are not removing the position. The company is cutting back on the amount of SSRs in store removing 2000 SSR/Office and transitioning customer coordinating duties to RSCs and back office to SSR. Starts July 1

See, we heard different on our conference call...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DAMNITALL in Unknown, New York

8 months ago

I believe that finance representative and SSR positions will be eliminated in the New England market as of the beginning of next year.
These employees will have a chance to apply to other positions within the company. Only certain retail locations will keep their SSR's. All finance representative positions will be eliminated.
Unless you are able to apply for an RSC position, or apply for another position, you will be offered a severance package and can collect unemployment.
The company will take these 2,000 openings and will hire 2,000 people, (either from inside the company, or outside of the company), to become RSC's.
Who in the retail locations will now perform all of the duties that the SSR's and finance reps is now up to management. But, considering that at & t tends to add duties onto its' current employees, (the needs of the business), I would surmise that the managers, assistant managers, and all of the RSC's will now be doing the work of the soon to be let go SSR's and finance representatives.
In the end, the burden will fall on the employees that stay with the company, and the customers will be hurt in the end also. It all comes down to the bottom line, unfortunately for those 2,000 soon to be ex or unhappy employees, and the customers that at & t supposedly care about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

y8x in Alabama

8 months ago

It's Country wide not just North East.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

8 months ago

And per union rules, AT&T must first consider a current employee first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DAMNITALL in Unknown, New York

8 months ago

I realize that per union stipulations, all employees that will be displaced are to be considered first. I now know that this is countrywide. I still feel that most of the finance reps and most of the SSRs will needlessly have to find a new position within the company, or be forced to take a severance package and ultimately join the ranks of the millions who are now unemployed. These employees deserve better, but there is no such thing as loyalty in this day and age. The bottom line rules.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.