Is anyone a customer assistant AT&T?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

AJ2Hott in Birmingham, Alabama

55 months ago

I have looked through so many posts and it seems no one is a customer assistant and if there are posts or questions about them, they don't get answered. Is anyone a customer assistant for the company?? What's it like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

attsimone in Washington, District of Columbia

54 months ago

Hello Everyone! I see that most of the discussions about the hiring process with AT&T, however I would like to provide feedback on working for the company...

I have been employed by AT&T for three years and what I would advise anyone who would like to work for this company in any call center setting is to really be prepared to work. I love my job because I enjoy assisting customers with their concerns and issues; including the difficult to please ones, however the company itself has very strict policies you as a representative have to abide by. Although working as a customer service representative doesn't intail selling, you definitely have to meet quotas with how many calls you take, meeting your 5-6 QA's each month, receiving post call surveys from customers you will speak to, 'end of the month reports' on how you performed, and most importantly, being on time. They will fire you for being as late as little as 5 minutes, in addition to so many other requirements you have to meet. Overall, it is like being a therapist and and you have to be very sympathetic to AT&T's customers needs; for they are constantly listening to your calls.

If you have any other questions about working for AT&T, feel free to let me know. As far as the hiring process, every call center has different hiring policies.

Simone
AT&T Customer Svc Rep

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jonny in Henderson, Kentucky

47 months ago

attsimone in Washington, District of Columbia said: Hello Everyone! I see that most of the discussions about the hiring process with AT&T, however I would like to provide feedback on working for the company...

I have been employed by AT&T for three years and what I would advise anyone who would like to work for this company in any call center setting is to really be prepared to work. I love my job because I enjoy assisting customers with their concerns and issues; including the difficult to please ones, however the company itself has very strict policies you as a representative have to abide by. Although working as a customer service representative doesn't intail selling, you definitely have to meet quotas with how many calls you take, meeting your 5-6 QA's each month, receiving post call surveys from customers you will speak to, 'end of the month reports' on how you performed, and most importantly, being on time. They will fire you for being as late as little as 5 minutes, in addition to so many other requirements you have to meet. Overall, it is like being a therapist and and you have to be very sympathetic to AT&T's customers needs; for they are constantly listening to your calls.

If you have any other questions about working for AT&T, feel free to let me know. As far as the hiring process, every call center has different hiring policies.

Simone
AT&T Customer Svc Rep

Hi Simone,
I am just wondering about how your training class was? Mine seems so stressful and hard. I am not stupid..I graduated from college with honors..yet I am finding this class so hard to get through! I am concerned as to if I will make it in this job. Did you go through a tough time durning your training or was it a piece of cake for you? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

niqu84 in Clinton, Mississippi

15 months ago

AJ2Hott in Birmingham, Alabama said: I have looked through so many posts and it seems no one is a customer assistant and if there are posts or questions about them, they don't get answered. Is anyone a customer assistant for the company?? What's it like?

I was a customer information assistant for 8 years with At&T. The position consists of handling 411 calls, this is the new name for it because the former name was operator.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.