Issues with BG check via Hireright??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

VeritasEdge in Birmingham, Alabama

50 months ago

I have been in the hiring process with AT&T for quite some time now. I've already done all of the testing and all of that stuff, and after over a month of waiting I did the phone interview and face to face interview. Now Hireright is having problems verifying my employment dates with one of my former employers. Has this happened to anyone else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (130) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Mount Olive, North Carolina

50 months ago

VeritasEdge in Birmingham, Alabama said: I have been in the hiring process with AT&T for quite some time now. I've already done all of the testing and all of that stuff, and after over a month of waiting I did the phone interview and face to face interview. Now Hireright is having problems verifying my employment dates with one of my former employers. Has this happened to anyone else?

I also had problems in my hiring process with hireright with them verifying information.I called them and gave them additional names and phone #'s of supervisors I worked with in the previous positions I had.That speeds up the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

james404 in Conyers, Georgia said: Hey,

I am going through that problem right now. I did the testing,face to face interview and almost 2 weeks now have completed The HireRight drug test and background check. They did ask me for additional info regarding employment which i gave to them, but i also sent my hiring manager this info directly because she wanted in in this training class this month.This process has taken forever!!!! I dont even know if my BG check came back ok..

I'm right there with you man. almost exactly the same timeline. My class starts the 22nd and I'm still waiting. I put in my 2 weeks notice today, so if something happens I'm screwed. I'm sure it'll turn out well for both of us though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

james404 in Conyers, Georgia

50 months ago

VeritasEdge in Birmingham, Alabama said: I'm right there with you man. almost exactly the same timeline. My class starts the 22nd and I'm still waiting. I put in my 2 weeks notice today, so if something happens I'm screwed. I'm sure it'll turn out well for both of us though.

I hope so, I figured by now they would have at least sent a thank you card or e-mail saying something. I hope all goes well for the both of us,be sure to post when you get your call..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Well I have been contacted by my recruiter twice this week to fax information to two different numbers, which I did. And when I logged in to att job submission page it shows my status as "withdrawn", not sure what that means since it would usually say "not qualified" or "not considering you at this time." This is all a bit stressful, but I guess all I can do from this point is pray... If it's God's will I'll get the job, if not I won't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shlyanth in Augusta, Georgia

50 months ago

VeritasEdge in Birmingham, Alabama said: Well I have been contacted by my recruiter twice this week to fax information to two different numbers, which I did. And when I logged in to att job submission page it shows my status as "withdrawn", not sure what that means since it would usually say "not qualified" or "not considering you at this time." This is all a bit stressful, but I guess all I can do from this point is pray... If it's God's will I'll get the job, if not I won't.

It might be a good idea to double check and inform your recruiter about the "withdrawn" situation. That seems very odd to me too and you don't want them to think that you have willingly removed yourself from the list of qualified candidates! I hope it will be straightened out for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

I got a phone call from my recruiter this morning, and I start on the 22nd!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

VeritasEdge in Birmingham, Alabama said: I got a phone call from my recruiter this morning, and I start on the 22nd!

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! If I could treat you to lunch to celebrate I would! Have a glorious day and keep us posted once you start the position!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Shlyanth in Augusta, Georgia said: CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! If I could treat you to lunch to celebrate I would! Have a glorious day and keep us posted once you start the position!

Thank you! It's been a long and sometimes stressful process, but it's worth it. Are you an at&t employee or are you in the hiring process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

VeritasEdge in Birmingham, Alabama said: Thank you! It's been a long and sometimes stressful process, but it's worth it. Are you an at&t employee or are you in the hiring process?

I'm in the hiring process...been at this thing since early April. Would like to get on, but it has been a challenge to wait it out. I'm looking at some other employers who are hiring in my area, but I hope to atleast hear something by AT&T before the month is out. I passed all the required assessments, but I haven't heard anything yet. Even if they prefer another candidate, that is OK, but I would atleast like to read an email saying so. I am a very patient person, but I know I have to start back working soon, so I prayed about it and left it in God's hands. At least I got this far and haven't been rejected yet so there's still a glimmer of hope left. I'm glad to hear that it has worked out for you though. AT&T is a very strong company to work for. I know someone who has worked with the phone company for 39 years and has been extremely successful. This person has seen the name change from AT&T to Southern Bell to BellSouth and now back to AT&T again! So if you decide to keep the job long enough to turn it into a career, then you too will find it rewarding. Best wishes in your new endeavor and keep us posted!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

TexasSBSW in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

More of the same with HireRight. Except I'm not applying with AT&T, but another company. I completed the background check form online for them on Saturday. Monday, they called and told me they couldn't verify my employment with a restaurant I stopped working for 6 years ago. I faxed in five W2 forms as well as the only 3 pay stubs I could find, and when I called them yesterday (Tuesday) to make sure they got the documentation, they said they had accepted it but still needed to talk to somebody there on the phone to verify me. The problem is nobody who works there now has any idea who I am because of restaurant turnover. One location keeps hanging up on them and the other actually told them that I worked there during a tax year that I hadn't. This is getting to be a mess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sash12 in Jacksonville, Louisiana

46 months ago

how far back does hireright go for att on background check? I have a charge from ten years ago and wnating to know if it will come up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Mokhtar Alsaeed in Vancouver, Washington

46 months ago

Wow, I am having the same problem with Hireright, I lost a job, I was supposed to start today, but when they did my back ground check for Cisco, they showed I have a Misdeminour at Clark county, Wa, Which I always have a clean record. I called Clark county and they sent me my clean record, only an infraction for a parking ticket which I paid last year. I sent them all my clark county records with the washington state Patrol records, and evrytime I call them, they say they still investigating, Investigating what ??? Somebody screwed up and made me loss a job that I have been looking for years in this market. I might be a homless with my family because of this since I already planned so manythings hopping I was going to start working, but Somebody should pay for destroying people lives with their ignorance and stupidy.
e-mail: nerdinside@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

StupendingZero in High Point, North Carolina

46 months ago

VeritasEdge in Birmingham, Alabama said: I got a phone call from my recruiter this morning, and I start on the 22nd!

what did u do after your face2face interview? did u just wait for the call? or what? did u goto the store to meet the manager? what do u suggest i do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

James in Los Angeles, California

38 months ago

I have been at 90% completion for the three straight days. Should I be worried about this. I believe I did mess up a little when ask how long at last employment I forgot and put 4-5 months shorter than the actual date I quit/when the papers officially processed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mprodigy in Glendale Heights, Illinois

22 months ago

I worked for a client company considered them to be "work orders", not contracts. Which meant it could change the expiration dates on a whim, letting people go at the drop of a hat. Which they did. Frequently. The operations manager from my staffing company told me about another man they hired, had him move across country and then fired him three weeks later because they cancelled his project. Also, they cancelled my project - luckily after about 7 months - and let me go the same way. But lucky for me I was local to begin with. But the "termination" was interesting. My expiration date was March 31st. They simply changed it to Feb 27th, and then expected my staffing company to give me the news. I dont have W-2 but my manager's number and offer letter. HELP what do I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Justin JP in Union, South Carolina

22 months ago

deoxide2012 in Hacienda Heights, California said: Anyone who has gone thru Hireright background check very recently also notice that they no longer give you a progress indicator that others have posted said was there once you started the BG process?

Mine just says in progress and their is not status bar. They told me verbally that all they need is the criminal background check though. They told me that they would not contact me when everything is finished and they only contact AT&T with their report. Doesn't sound like all the other posters and their experience with Hireright process.

Yes,

Mine just simply said "In Progress" for about 2 days.

P_doleaux in Trenton, New Jersey

21 months ago

So after reading the through numerous post about how much hireright is such a nightmare, I was certainly on edge after submitting my paperwork for a job with AT&T. It took less than 48hrs for me to receive a call from my HR recruiter informing me my background check/drug screen came back and I was extended the final offer for employment. I am really excited right now about starting work Oct. 29th and training Nov. 5th!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

attsoon in Florida

21 months ago

background check/drug screen came back , waiting on training day....!!!

Deanna in Rochester, Indiana

20 months ago

I didn't have any issues with HireRight. They did have to email me and ask for further verification on two of my previous jobs, which I just pulled out my W2 and my 1099s from those jobs and that was it. Easy peasy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bolo Young in Davis, California

20 months ago

I can't seem to login to their system with my given username and pw. Has anyone has this problem with HireRight before?

krabbegreg@yahoo.com in Charlotte, North Carolina

6 months ago

Mokhtar Alsaeed in Vancouver, Washington said: Wow, I am having the same problem with Hireright, I lost a job, I was supposed to start today, but when they did my back ground check for Cisco , they showed I have a Misdeminour at Clark county, Wa, Which I always have a clean record. I called Clark county and they sent me my clean record, only an infraction for a parking ticket which I paid last year. I sent them all my clark county records with the washington state Patrol records, and evrytime I call them, they say they still investigating, Investigating what ??? Somebody screwed up and made me loss a job that I have been looking for years in this market. I might be a homless with my family because of this since I already planned so manythings hopping I was going to start working, but Somebody should pay for destroying people lives with their ignorance and stupidy.
e-mail: nerdinside@yahoo.com

Hey amigo, good luck, just got off telephone with hire rite, after 30 minutes in hold.

Hf in Los Angeles, California

4 months ago

I lied to Hireright and said I graduated from High School, but after checking the internet and the website AT&T does not require a high school diploma to work there. Can I call back and change it before they finish or am I screwed?

$hotcaller in Compton, California

4 months ago

Hf in Los Angeles, California said: I lied to Hireright and said I graduated from High School, but after checking the internet and the website AT&T does not require a high school diploma to work there. Can I call back and change it before they finish or am I screwed?

Once you give the information, you are basically bound by it. I don't think they called my high school, but if I were you I wouldn't make a move until you hear from either hireright or your recruiter.

L. Barger in Danville, Kentucky

4 months ago

I applied at a Global company that uses Hireright and have been waiting a week for the background check to come back. I have been told I have the job but they can't officially hire me until Hireright completes my criminal background check. Which will come up clean. I was told by the potential employer that Hireright is waiting for the background check to come back from a court Clerk's office. I know for a fact that all clerk's offices in Kentucky do not work that way. If they are approached by any company the clerk's office tells them they must go through the Frankfort to request those records or come and manually look those up themselves. There is no way to contact Hireright unless you are a company and I'm afraid to create too many waives with my potential new employer who needed me to start last week. I'm afraid that my new employer will think it's too much trouble and move on the next applicant. I am on the verge of bankruptcy and found it very hard to land this job because of my age. I did check with the clerk's office who said they have never contacted by Hireright and they can find no trace of anyone checking for records on me. I think Hireright has dropped the ball!!!

Bluetea in Texas

4 months ago

L. Barger in Danville, Kentucky said: I applied at a Global company that uses Hireright and have been waiting a week for the background check to come back. I have been told I have the job but they can't officially hire me until Hireright completes my criminal background check. Which will come up clean. I was told by the potential employer that Hireright is waiting for the background check to come back from a court Clerk's office. I know for a fact that all clerk's offices in Kentucky do not work that way. If they are approached by any company the clerk's office tells them they must go through the Frankfort to request those records or come and manually look those up themselves. There is no way to contact Hireright unless you are a company and I'm afraid to create too many waives with my potential new employer who needed me to start last week. I'm afraid that my new employer will think it's too much trouble and move on the next applicant. I am on the verge of bankruptcy and found it very hard to land this job because of my age. I did check with the clerk's office who said they have never contacted by Hireright and they can find no trace of anyone checking for records on me. I think Hireright has dropped the ball!!!

A week is not long at all. I have waited as long as six weeks for a 3rd party BG to come back.

Forget about getting them to expedite it. They don't care what your story is.

4 months ago

I know and that's the problem. In the meantime I know this company needed someone for this job and will probably just choose the next person in line.

Hf in Los Angeles, California

4 months ago

What you can do to speed up the process is call the IRS and request your W2's for the last five years to be faxed to you. Once you receive them load them on the website, and then you call Hireright, press 1, 5, and say no to the recording you'll be able to speak with a live agent.

4 months ago

Hf in Los Angeles, California said: What you can do to speed up the process is call the IRS and request your W2's for the last five years to be faxed to you. Once you receive them load them on the website, and then you call Hireright, press 1, 5, and say no to the recording you'll be able to speak with a live agent.

It's my employment verification its the criminal background records that are the hold up.

4 months ago

Hireright blames the court clerk which I know is not the case and the employer will only accept verification from Hireright who I suspect hires a local guy to go in every so often to pull the records manually. That could be the reason for some of the above comments that say the were reported to have inaccurate records.

Bluetea in Texas

3 months ago

L. Barger in Danville, Kentucky said: Hireright blames the court clerk which I know is not the case and the employer will only accept verification from Hireright who I suspect hires a local guy to go in every so often to pull the records manually. That could be the reason for some of the above comments that say the were reported to have inaccurate records.

In my case Hireright, a 3rd party verifier blamed my previous employer's 3rd party verifier.

What comes back is UTV (Unable to verify) and that is as far as it goes.

I can't wait until they put the thought reading microchip in all of our foreheads and just scan us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

GreenTea in Foster City, California

1 month ago

I am working with HireRight right now for a background check. It's taking really long and they basically told me that my former employer did not pick up the phone # I gave them (which is the MAIN LINE). They asked me to provide
1) Former manager's name
2) HR's contact
3) W2 forms

To be honest, I am shocked at how bad HireRight is. This is the first time, I have to run my own background check and feed everything to them for them to then verify. I called the company I worked for (which is one of the TOP 5 bulge bracket investment bank). Within 3 mins, they gave me a number to call to verify my previous employment with them.

I then had to email a former HR at my another investment bank I worked at. Thank goodness this bank has not laid off its HR staff to get an email as to where I can get a confirmation on my previous employment with them.

I worked at two different investment banks, and my former managers are either laid off or jumped ship. It's ridiculous for HireRight to ask me to go email people and provide contacts. I assumed they have done background checks for a long time and should know how to get it done efficiently.

HireRight has made my recruiting process very stressful.

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

1 month ago

GreenTea in Foster City, California said: I am working with HireRight right now for a background check. It's taking really long and they basically told me that my former employer did not pick up the phone # I gave them (which is the MAIN LINE). They asked me to provide
1) Former manager's name
2) HR's contact
3) W2 forms

To be honest, I am shocked at how bad HireRight is. This is the first time, I have to run my own background check and feed everything to them for them to then verify. I called the company I worked for (which is one of the TOP 5 bulge bracket investment bank). Within 3 mins, they gave me a number to call to verify my previous employment with them.

I then had to email a former HR at my another investment bank I worked at. Thank goodness this bank has not laid off its HR staff to get an email as to where I can get a confirmation on my previous employment with them.

I worked at two different investment banks, and my former managers are either laid off or jumped ship. It's ridiculous for HireRight to ask me to go email people and provide contacts. I assumed they have done background checks for a long time and should know how to get it done efficiently.

HireRight has made my recruiting process very stressful.

Gets better. Wait until a previous employer goes out of business and have to prove all this.

With 3rd party verifiers, you want to save everything you get from work: paystubs, performance reviews, supervisor's business cards, everything.

Morenaa0902 in Woodbridge, Virginia

1 day ago

P_doleaux in Trenton, New Jersey said: So after reading the through numerous post about how much hireright is such a nightmare, I was certainly on edge after submitting my paperwork for a job with AT&T. It took less than 48hrs for me to receive a call from my HR recruiter informing me my background check/drug screen came back and I was extended the final offer for employment. I am really excited right now about starting work Oct. 29th and training Nov. 5th!

Did they ask for your w-2's? Do u have any felonys, traffic violations? Im waiting on my background test i dont have any violations of any kind. I have only 2 jobs they will be verifying and i already sent my w-2's and paystubs for both jobs.

rienda91 in Petaluma, California

9 hours ago

Morenaa0902 in Woodbridge, Virginia said: Did they ask for your w-2's? Do u have any felonys, traffic violations? Im waiting on my background test i dont have any violations of any kind. I have only 2 jobs they will be verifying and i already sent my w-2's and paystubs for both jobs.

I had to send my w-2's because one of my previous employers did not pick up the phone (even though they only called twice)! There's no voicemail there since it's a small business I worked for in 09-11. I also had to provide my managers name and another contact number, though they only have 1 phone number and I wasn't about to give them the owner's personal cell. I didn't have my w-2 for 2009 since it was 6 yrs ago so they ended up flagging it since I only provided my 2011 w-2.
Another one of my old employers closed down. It was a retailer and while the company still existed, the location I worked at didn't. I gave them numbers for other locations and the ONE last person who would remember me since everyone else left but my w2 was sufficient.

I did have 1 traffic violation from over 3 yrs ago and 1 instance where my car was parked in a public park 30 minutes prior to closing. I had to go to court for that one and I plead no contest. However, when I worked for AT&T in the past (2012) I listed it on my hireright background check but it came back clear so I didn't list it this time and it was fine.
It took about a week for my background check to clear.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.