Premises Technician Assessment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

JP89 in Astoria, New York

21 months ago

Any Premises Technicians on this forum? I applied to Connecticut and I wanted to see if they remember what the Premises Technician Assessment was like. It seems to be a series of questions similar to an interview. Anyone have any information on this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dad Of Twins in Lomita, California

21 months ago

I went for my PTA this past Saturday here in Los Angeles and it was pretty straight forward. Before the assessment the group of applicants went through a what they call a "Realistic Job Preview" where the hiring managers talked about all the different responsibilities and expectations of the job. They also spoke of the benefits and incentives that they offer. They showed a video of a day in the life of a Prem Tech and after that the individual assessments started. Each of the hiring managers took an individual one by one into a separate area and asked a series of questions. First question i was asked was "Tell me about a time when you had to explain or teach a customer how a product is used." Next question he asked was "Tell me about a time in your experience when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue." Third question i was asked was "Tell me about something difficult that you had to overcome on your own." Last question i was asked is 'Why do you want to work for AT&T?"

Hope this helps and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JP89 in Astoria, New York

20 months ago

Dad Of Twins in Lomita, California said: I went for my PTA this past Saturday here in Los Angeles and it was pretty straight forward. Before the assessment the group of applicants went through a what they call a "Realistic Job Preview" where the hiring managers talked about all the different responsibilities and expectations of the job. They also spoke of the benefits and incentives that they offer. They showed a video of a day in the life of a Prem Tech and after that the individual assessments started. Each of the hiring managers took an individual one by one into a separate area and asked a series of questions. First question i was asked was "Tell me about a time when you had to explain or teach a customer how a product is used." Next question he asked was "Tell me about a time in your experience when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue." Third question i was asked was "Tell me about something difficult that you had to overcome on your own." Last question i was asked is 'Why do you want to work for AT&T?"

Hope this helps and good luck!

Based on the research I've done, those seem to be the 4 questions that are asked of every Premises Technician. I still have to take the TMTF-II. I'm not sure what to expect on that test. Is it all logic based or do I need to have a technical background for it? Thank you for the feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dad Of Twins in Lomita, California

20 months ago

JP89 in Astoria, New York said: Based on the research I've done, those seem to be the 4 questions that are asked of every Premises Technician. I still have to take the TMTF-II. I'm not sure what to expect on that test. Is it all logic based or do I need to have a technical background for it? Thank you for the feedback.

Its mostly logic based. There's a couple of 25 pair code questions and a couple of jumper questions. There's a couple of gear and torque questions that were pretty simple. Most of it is common sense, take your time but don't take too long. It's 50 questions in 50 minutes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JP89 in Astoria, New York

20 months ago

Dad Of Twins in Lomita, California said: Its mostly logic based. There's a couple of 25 pair code questions and a couple of jumper questions. There's a couple of gear and torque questions that were pretty simple. Most of it is common sense, take your time but don't take too long. It's 50 questions in 50 minutes.

I just finished the TMTF-II test and passed. Now I have to wait for an email for the interview. Did you get a response yet from AT&T?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dad Of Twins in Lomita, California

20 months ago

I went for my physical, lift test, and drug screen today. All went well and hopefully won't be getting the run around from Hireright. I got an email from them today asking for more information on a past employer and getting some documentation, but I really don't know how I'm supposed to come up with a w-2 from 5 years ago. Crossing my fingers and now I'm just waiting on results and hopefully an offer. Congrats on passing the test! I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon enough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JP89 in Astoria, New York

20 months ago

Dad Of Twins in Lomita, California said: I went for my physical, lift test, and drug screen today. All went well and hopefully won't be getting the run around from Hireright. I got an email from them today asking for more information on a past employer and getting some documentation, but I really don't know how I'm supposed to come up with a w-2 from 5 years ago. Crossing my fingers and now I'm just waiting on results and hopefully an offer. Congrats on passing the test! I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon enough.

That was so fast. Congrats on the job. It seems like you have it and it's really just a matter of time before you get that official offer. Based on the PTA interview, do you think they are looking more for customer service or technical background in their answers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dad Of Twins in Lomita, California

20 months ago

From what I gathered at the RJP and my PTA interview, the hiring managers were more focused on the customer service part of the job. It seemed as if they were trying to find the most qualified based on how an applicant was able to handle the customer. It didn't seem as if they were too concerned about the technical aspect of e job since they didn't ask me anything about it. I figure their training course will cover that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JP89 in Astoria, New York

20 months ago

Dad Of Twins in Lomita, California said: From what I gathered at the RJP and my PTA interview, the hiring managers were more focused on the customer service part of the job. It seemed as if they were trying to find the most qualified based on how an applicant was able to handle the customer . It didn't seem as if they were too concerned about the technical aspect of e job since they didn't ask me anything about it. I figure their training course will cover that.

I have my interview this Thursday and I am extremely nervous. Is the interview really just 4 questions and that's it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mrshoyouright in Sherman Oaks, California

19 months ago

Do they trip of driving records i got speeding ticket

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rackham12 in Central, Minnesota

19 months ago

Yes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ajga706 in JACKSONVILLE, Florida

19 months ago

mrshoyouright in Sherman Oaks, California said: Do they trip of driving records i got speeding ticket

They don't accept 3 moving violations in a 3yr or less period. I think dui's or reckless driving citations are immediate denial for employment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Round Rock, Texas

19 months ago

The application process for this position was extra long. WAY longer than many other job applications I have recently filled out. I make it in for the logic test and pass. I make it in for the job overview and after all that time and energy receive a FOUR MINUTE interview. I would have liked to have been treated with more appreciation after spending ALL THAT TIME and MONEY to have such a lame interview. If I didn't have enough of the skills they required COULDN'T THEY JUST LOOK AT THE HUGE APPLICATION I SLAVED OVER? Before leading me on and on and then dismissed after talking with someone for only FOUR minutes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

smek in Hawthorne, California

19 months ago

mrshoyouright in Sherman Oaks, California said: Do they trip of driving records i got speeding ticket

I have a speeding ticket on my driving records and I got hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim Morrison in West Sacramento, California

19 months ago

Anonymous in Round Rock, Texas said: The application process for this position was extra long. WAY longer than many other job applications I have recently filled out. I make it in for the logic test and pass. I make it in for the job overview and after all that time and energy receive a FOUR MINUTE interview. I would have liked to have been treated with more appreciation after spending ALL THAT TIME and MONEY to have such a lame interview. If I didn't have enough of the skills they required COULDN'T THEY JUST LOOK AT THE HUGE APPLICATION I SLAVED OVER? Before leading me on and on and then dismissed after talking with someone for only FOUR minutes?

what do you mean? did you go to the job interview as a premise tech and they only talked to you for 4 minutes? Did you know that almost all the interviews are like that? They only have 4 questions and rarely take notes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kelle in Whittier, California

11 months ago

Dad Of Twins in Lomita, California said: I went for my physical, lift test, and drug screen today. All went well and hopefully won't be getting the run around from Hireright. I got an email from them today asking for more information on a past employer and getting some documentation, but I really don't know how I'm supposed to come up with a w-2 from 5 years ago. Crossing my fingers and now I'm just waiting on results and hopefully an offer. Congrats on passing the test! I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon enough.

you can get a w-2 from the IRS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lynne in Florissant, Missouri

9 months ago

I'm going to take this TMTF-II at end of month. I don't have any mechanical skills but am interested in doing the prem tech. is this TMTF test very technical. I saw someone said it was basically logic and common sense. I will study up on the 25 pair codes.. other than that any thing else I may need to pay close attention to?? thanks.
galatians1@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jabonline in Watsonville, California

7 months ago

Wish me luck, I will be testing in Oakland next week. I really need this job as I graduated with my BS in Computer Engineering, but it has been 2 years and it is tough to find field engineering entry level jobs. Got the Barron's book to study and will make sure to know the 25 wire codes. I got in the day they posted the job, so am hoping that gives me at least a bit of priority over other candidates and hopefully there will be less people due to only a week between posting and taking the test. Although I am applying for the prem tech job in Santa Cruz, which I assume could be at any of the offices between Watsonville and Santa Cruz, at least I'm in the middle and either way in traffic is only 20-30 min drive.

Anyone work as one in the Bay Area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

007 in Hutchinson, Kansas

3 months ago

JP89 in Astoria, New York said: Based on the research I've done, those seem to be the 4 questions that are asked of every Premises Technician. I still have to take the TMTF-II. I'm not sure what to expect on that test. Is it all logic based or do I need to have a technical background for it? Thank you for the feedback.

The tmtf 2 test has a lot of logical tests on it put know your paired wiring sequence. There are mnemonics to help you remember them also know gear and pulley ratios. The rest is pretty straight forward if you are mechanical. ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cscarcelli

3 months ago

how often do women get this job? I have my interview tomorrow .. are candidates given tests proving strength stamina?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.